Playstation 3D Display $199.99 at GameStop & Best Buy

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!
Gamestop

Best Buy

Edit 5: Seems Best Buy is back in stock, Newegg is now $249.

Edit 4: [damn this thread won't die!] Newegg is now @ $199 [free ship, not tax for most, also Shoprunner eligible] Best Buy still has it @ $199 but it is back-ordered on .com, check for stock in store. Thanks to TheTruth1983 [that you Paul?] for the Newegg info!

EDIT 3: Now dead at Best Buy, YMMV Price Match?

EDIT 2: This does not include the extra glasses/MLB bundle at either location. Just the monitor, 1 pair of glasses, and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Thank you to all the posting Caggers for the updates!

Ok, Don't kill the messenger,this is just a kindly FYI service, the Playstation 3D display/bundle [what ever they have in stock] will be $199 next week.

Buy 4 and use them to prop up your bed for extra storage :bouncy:

EDIT:
I will just add this bit of information, though we will not be able to confirm it until the 27th. When I was talking to the GS employee who told me about this sale last week; he indicated that GS was "clearing out" the stock on hand and that what ever stock/bundle he had was going to be $199. Again, I CANNOT CONFIRM THIS. However, I will be in that store Wednesday morning just in case the bundles [with extra games/glasses] are $199.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had any problems with my display. But I have it hooked up to my Windows PC, and it gets used very lightly at the moment. (no more than an hour a day, and often less) So my use case isn't exactly high-volume. Also, I have never run it in 3D, which I would imagine would increase the risk of overheating or screen burn-in.

I've actually been enjoying the built-in speakers. But then, I've been using it as a computer monitor, and compared to the average computer speakers it is just fine. (compared to the surround sound system in my living room I would imagine it's not nearly as capable)

[quote name='Dysheekie']Just playing with you -- I have a 3 year old as well, I know how it goes :)[/QUOTE]haha. Does your kid play a different game like every other minute?:lol::lol:
I have PS+, so I have all the free games for him to play. My wife says I have created a mini gaming monster haha.

No problems with the screen or performance to report here.

My gripe is the fact that it doesn't come with a friggin' remote control. Seriously Sony WTF? The thing was $500 when it first came out. You couldn't throw in at least a crappy $2 remote with power and volume? I have never bought a TV without a remote. I remember dial tvs as a kid, but those are ancient, long gone dinosaurs. Even super cheap off-brand $20 dvd players come with a remote. I'd have taken a remote over an hdmi cable (which is included) and Motorstorm Apocalypse (also included) combined.

Otherwise good TV imo. And yeah the speakers aren't that good, but they're all that way on the flat screen tvs. Not really worse than what I've heard on my tvs.

We have 2 of them and both have the flicker problem. Hers we have had a month or 2 longer than mine, and hers did it every so often just for a split second or 2. Then hey few days before the Walking Dead Season was to start, it started doing it repeatedly, like 5 or 6 times in a row and every 10 minutes or so. Of course, that meant I had to swap hers out with mine, because there was NO way she was putting up with that for the Walking Dead :) Mine only did it every so often before we switched them, but has since started doing it more frequently. Granted, she does use it more than I had previously.

Once hers started doing it more frequently, I finally put in a call to Sony, and the lady knew what I was talking about, and sent the RMA box right out. I was expecting it to take about a month to get it, based on io's prior posts, but it actually showed up within a week. That's as far as I can report at the moment though, because even though I got the box quickly, it has been sitting at the foot of the bed since we got it o.0 I guess I should probably get 1 of them sent out, huh?

I'm not worried about it though, because I went into fully aware of the problems, planned on stress testing them until they did flicker, so I could go ahead and send them back to Sony for replacement/repair sooner rather than later. I also have Best Buy's 4 yr warranty on 1 of them, and since they are tracked by sku, and not serial number, I should be able to use the warranty on either 1 of them if there's a problem down the road.

Oh yea, and otherwise, we absolutely love them.

[quote name='zetaX']This thread's been quiet for a while...

Anybody have any thoughts/comments/experiences regarding these 3D displays? What percentage are actually dying? You only hear about the duds....

Local BB still has a couple of them...tempting/taunting me.[/QUOTE]

I constantly see this model getting returned because people don't know how to use it, and for odd reason it wasn't compatible with one of the cable company's HD set-top box. I wanted to snag one, but whatever. I'm glad people are enjoying their 3DTV though.

[quote name='krashhole']haha. Does your kid play a different game like every other minute?:lol::lol:
I have PS+, so I have all the free games for him to play. My wife says I have created a mini gaming monster haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I have a little monster as well. Although most of the time he just wants to play iPad games (constantly switching games). Every once in a while he'll get really excited about playing a game on the TV.

I've had it since it was $160 a few months back and I love it. The display looks great, and the 3D works well. Someone posted a link with a great way to optimize the settings (i.e. not having the brightness on max), and the display looks very crisp. I'd definitely recommend it.

^i need to look at that lol cuz when i got mine it looked like shit and i ended up returning it. might pick it back up if it goes down to 150/below

I bought mines in September no problems at all but I notice that it turns on by itself sometimes(I don't even have a remote for it).

[quote name='pwnthee']No problems with the screen or performance to report here.

My gripe is the fact that it doesn't come with a friggin' remote control. Seriously Sony WTF? The thing was $500 when it first came out. You couldn't throw in at least a crappy $2 remote with power and volume? I have never bought a TV without a remote. I remember dial tvs as a kid, but those are ancient, long gone dinosaurs. Even super cheap off-brand $20 dvd players come with a remote. I'd have taken a remote over an hdmi cable (which is included) and Motorstorm Apocalypse (also included) combined.

Otherwise good TV imo. And yeah the speakers aren't that good, but they're all that way on the flat screen tvs. Not really worse than what I've heard on my tvs.[/QUOTE]

You do understand this is a 'display' and NOT a tv? They even say it can be used as a computer monitor. But, yeah, it would have been cool to include a remote.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You do understand this is a 'display' and NOT a tv? They even say it can be used as a computer monitor. But, yeah, it would have been cool to include a remote.[/QUOTE]

step 1. label product x as y, where products y have less features not because of any inherent reason but because of their perception as such
step 2. ???
step 3. profit

sorry but considering it has no TV tuner built into it, it is not a TV

[quote name='pwnthee']No problems with the screen or performance to report here.

Otherwise good TV imo. And yeah the speakers aren't that good, but they're all that way on the flat screen tvs. Not really worse than what I've heard on my tvs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You do understand this is a 'display' and NOT a tv? They even say it can be used as a computer monitor. But, yeah, it would have been cool to include a remote.[/QUOTE]

Granted @ $500 it probably should have come with a remote, just wanted to make sure you two realized that just about any universal remote will work. I'm pretty sure it was the first Sony code listed for my Comcast remote. I don't know about a 3d button, because I've only used it for a couple 3d games with the my ps3 and it automatically switched, but I'm pretty sure all the other buttons work, including going through the menus.

I've had it for a few months and so far the only complaint are the terrible built in speakers. The screen is pretty reflective but I got used to that.

Edit: ^^^ couldn't agree more!! Horrible speakers, and the screen is damn near a mirror in our bedroom

Mine has been going strong for like 2-3 months now. Use it a good amount of hours every day too

When I first picked it up (when the price first dropped to 199), I would get the black screen about 10 times a day. But in the past week, I've only had it happen maybe once or twice total. I don't know if I should worry, or accept it as possibly "fixing" itself. It's kept on the majority of the time as a second monitor.

[quote name='godsmack13']sorry but considering it has no TV tuner built into it, it is not a TV

Granted @ $500 it probably should have come with a remote, just wanted to make sure you two realized that just about any universal remote will work. I'm pretty sure it was the first Sony code listed for my Comcast remote. I don't know about a 3d button, because I've only used it for a couple 3d games with the my ps3 and it automatically switched, but I'm pretty sure all the other buttons work, including going through the menus.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Might try this if I find 1 laying around. Hope the other remote goes on sale.

bread's done
Back