Playstation 3D Display $199.99 at GameStop & Best Buy

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!
Gamestop

Best Buy

Edit 5: Seems Best Buy is back in stock, Newegg is now $249.

Edit 4: [damn this thread won't die!] Newegg is now @ $199 [free ship, not tax for most, also Shoprunner eligible] Best Buy still has it @ $199 but it is back-ordered on .com, check for stock in store. Thanks to TheTruth1983 [that you Paul?] for the Newegg info!

EDIT 3: Now dead at Best Buy, YMMV Price Match?

EDIT 2: This does not include the extra glasses/MLB bundle at either location. Just the monitor, 1 pair of glasses, and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Thank you to all the posting Caggers for the updates!

Ok, Don't kill the messenger,this is just a kindly FYI service, the Playstation 3D display/bundle [what ever they have in stock] will be $199 next week.

Buy 4 and use them to prop up your bed for extra storage :bouncy:

EDIT:
I will just add this bit of information, though we will not be able to confirm it until the 27th. When I was talking to the GS employee who told me about this sale last week; he indicated that GS was "clearing out" the stock on hand and that what ever stock/bundle he had was going to be $199. Again, I CANNOT CONFIRM THIS. However, I will be in that store Wednesday morning just in case the bundles [with extra games/glasses] are $199.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tuffguycore']At work, I will when I'm out, but I have this immediately for now ha.[/QUOTE]

then try checking the gamestop tiv thread. also, theres a 25% bonus tiv for console tradeins right now.

[quote name='garrett007']Alright so I just got one and wanted to try the 3D, I chose Uncharted 3 and it looks amazing. However, is anyone having audio issues? On the XMB the audio is fine and during the cutscenes in U3, but the U3 menu and gmaeplay audio is all messed up. Is there some setting I need to switch or is the tv defective?
Edit: I just tried Rachet All 4 one and it is doing it again
Edit2: I think I fixed it, I just went through all the 3D setting again and it fixed it. Don't know what is was but I hope it's fine.
If only this had a tv tuner then this would be my tv for college. even though i am in love with it, I think I'm going to take it back.[/QUOTE]

When I took my ps3 that was setup for another TV with surround system and attached it to this display, I had some crackling rough audio at first on certain things and thought it was broken. But then I went through the PS3 audio settings and redid the selections for hdmi and types of output, and the problem went away. I think there might be certain output formats that this set doesn't accept perfectly that need to be changed if they were set for another setup.

[quote name='technicalstylez']then try checking the gamestop tiv thread. also, theres a 25% bonus tiv for console tradeins right now.[/QUOTE]

I looked there, must have missed it. And thanks a lot for that, I didn't see anything on GS about the TIV bonus!

Anyone know if I purchase this using my american express credit card. How long would the warranty be? What is the process if this tv stops working?
Does american express credit me back or bb? Sorry, but the BB protection plan sucks. I remember when i purchase it with the 360, they told me it was covered by microsoft and send it to them. They refuse to let me get a new one from the store.

I think I am good to go. I called the cable company in town that I will be attending college, and they said I could pay a monthly fee to upgrade the free basic cable to digital and get a dvr box. I wanted to do this anyway, since I won't always be able to watch my shows when they air. I am really excited to get this tv now!

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I think I am good to go. I called the cable company in town that I will be attending college, and they said I could pay a monthly fee to upgrade the free basic cable to digital and get a dvr box. I wanted to do this anyway, since I won't always be able to watch my shows when they air. I am really excited to get this tv now![/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out. DVR in college is definitely useful since your schedule is going to be so up in the air!

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I think I am good to go. I called the cable company in town that I will be attending college, and they said I could pay a monthly fee to upgrade the free basic cable to digital and get a dvr box. I wanted to do this anyway, since I won't always be able to watch my shows when they air. I am really excited to get this tv now![/QUOTE]

If I was still in college I would go w/ Hulu+ or netflix at most. I actually cut the cable cord at my apt 4 weeks ago and even though I miss the background sounds while getting dressed there is nothing I can't watch on my laptop or my PS3.

[quote name='Carlanga']If I was still in college I would go w/ Hulu+ or netflix at most. I actually cut the cable cord at my apt 4 weeks ago and even though I miss the background sounds while getting dressed there is nothing I can't watch on my laptop or my PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it gets pricey. Even if I do not get the dvr, I still have a DVD recorder/VCR with component hook ups. That should work also right?

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Yeah it gets pricey. Even if I not get the dvr, I still have a DVD recorder/VCR with component hook ups. That should work also right?[/QUOTE]

Honestly if you're worried about price this is probably a better option.

http://www.target.com/p/sceptre-24-...NG=electronics&ci_src=5784816&ci_sku=13797360

It's reviews say the sound quality is horrible, so that is something to consider, but the built in TV tuner means no need for additional box. You'll lose the DVR functionality so it all depends on how much extra you'll have to pay per month.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Honestly if you're worried about price this is probably a better option.

http://www.target.com/p/sceptre-24-...NG=electronics&ci_src=5784816&ci_sku=13797360

It's reviews say the sound quality is horrible, so that is something to consider, but the built in TV tuner means no need for additional box. You'll lose the DVR functionality so it all depends on how much extra you'll have to pay per month.[/QUOTE]

That is a really good price. I already paid for the 3d display though. Just haven't picked it up yet from best buy. Thank you though. You have been really helpful!

UPS just dropped mine off (value shipping - living 15 minutes away from Gamestop HQ paid off for once).

It seems really nice so far... my only complaint is it's very reflective.

So, according to the manual that came with this, it can tilt 10%. I can't get mine to tilt (or I think untilt). Do you just have to push it really hard?

[quote name='madcatz1999']So, according to the manual that came with this, it can tilt 10%. I can't get mine to tilt (or I think untilt). Do you just have to push it really hard?[/QUOTE]
Put your hand on the base and push back at the top. The tilt's so minuscule that I ended up having to put mine on some old books to get a clear view. Looks ridiculous, but it gets the job done.

I got mine last night. I like the picture on the display. I too will need to add another cable box. haven't tried the 3D yet.

I mainly bought one of these as an extra computer monitor but I don't need it. If anyone wants it I'll sell it without the glasses for 150 shipped.

I picked one up an I have tried all the features for it. I like the monitor I dont get any glare in my room because it gets very little light. The 3D looks awesome I played Tron3D and resistance 3 and both looked pretty cool. This will be a new PC monitor for me an it looks good. Got the 2yr plan from best buy for $4.99 because I got motorstom apocalypse for $4.99 awhile back! It trades in for $23

[quote name='pablo escobar']how do I open the usb connector on the glasses?[/QUOTE]

It's on top of the glasses, right beside the Power button. It's a small insert that fits over the USB connector.

I picked mine up today and it looks great with my PC games, but rough with text. I still have some tweaking to do. Also, I have a NVidia GTX 560 and was able to do the steroscopic 3D. I haven't tried any games or movies in 3D yet, but hope to move my PS3 upstairs to test it out tomorrow.

[quote name='sharpeone']It's on top of the glasses, right beside the Power button. It's a small insert that fits over the USB connector.

I picked mine up today and it looks great with my PC games, but rough with text. I still have some tweaking to do. Also, I have a NVidia GTX 560 and was able to do the steroscopic 3D. I haven't tried any games or movies in 3D yet, but hope to move my PS3 upstairs to test it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Turning the sharpness down to 1 or 2 and dropping contrast a bit will make a big difference with the text if you're using it as a monitor. It was way too sharp out of the box.

[quote name='@FIF']Turning the sharpness down to 1 or 2 and dropping contrast a bit will make a big difference with the text if you're using it as a monitor. It was way too sharp out of the box.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I agree it is too sharp out of the box. I've tweaked it and it is much better now.

By the way, for those with an NVidia card, I found the following site to be helpful when setting up 3D for gaming http://forums.redflagdeals.com/nvidia-3dtv-play-mod-sony-playstation-3d-display-1175972/. I've tested it successfully with Diablo III which is great in 3D. You still have to download the 3DTV Play trial (14 days).

[quote name='The Punisher']is this worth it? I keep hearing bad reviews that this tv doesnt last long.[/QUOTE]

I have a funny feeling this thread will become infamous, So far I'm really enjoying mine. Crossing my fingers tho...we'll soon find out.

[quote name='pablo escobar']how do I open the usb connector on the glasses?[/QUOTE]
Hah, I spent a good 5 minutes yesterday trying to figure out how to charge the things. Thought the cover was a button. But yeah, it's the thing next to the power button. By the flat side of the triangle (on the side next to the power button), just stick a fingernail in there, and pull it up. It has a rubber hinge on the opposite side.

[quote name='@FIF']Put your hand on the base and push back at the top. The tilt's so minuscule that I ended up having to put mine on some old books to get a clear view. Looks ridiculous, but it gets the job done.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, just tried it again, and had no problem. Not sure why I was having trouble before. Was hoping it was already tilted, and was gonna tilt the other way. Using it as a secondary computer computer monitor when it's not hooked up to the PS3, and was trying to get completely vertical like my primary monitor was. But I just realized that it was completely vertical, and it was my primary monitor that I had tilted forwards. So it's all good now.

Just looked through my paperwork. There's a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. So unless you're planning on getting a protection plan that's longer than that, I wouldn't bother.

[quote name='backseatdog']My Best Buy sold out of these. Does Gamestop offer some sort of warranty on these?[/QUOTE]

If it helps, they offered me 1 but I declined since it was a 1 year. Not sure how much tho, didn't get that far into the conversation.

Does anyone know how to make it automatic on and off through ps3? After I changed my ps3, this feature stopped working on my new ps3.

[quote name='madcatz1999']This is the first time I've ever experienced 3D. Are all glasses/systems this dark?[/QUOTE]

Active shutter is, yes.

I got mine from BB yesterday during my lunch. The first one had a dead/stuck pixel in the upper-right part of the screen than kept staring at me. I exchanged it for another one and it appears to be fine. So far it's a nice little monitor... I've used it for a game (non-3D), Netflix, and MLB.TV and everything has looked really nice on it. I have not tried out the glasses yet, but I did put them on and they are a bit stiff and uncomfortable. I'll probably get used to it, but I probably won't use them all that much.

Bought one yesterday to replace my TV I broke (Which I'm still waiting to find out if it will get fixed). Can't decide if my TV will be fixed for free if I want to keep it or swap it out for more stuff at Gamestop.

I picked mine up the other day from GS and I like it. My only gripe is that on forums with dark backgrounds (such as CAG), red/pink font blurs a bit. Still readable, but slightly annoying.

[quote name='Montymonster']My local Gamestop was out. Really bummed me out, too. :([/QUOTE]

If your a regular or have a cool manager then you can have one shipped over from another store, just be polite. It doesn't hurt to preorder something while your at it, always works for me.

[quote name='jedolley']I got mine from BB yesterday during my lunch. The first one had a dead/stuck pixel in the upper-right part of the screen than kept staring at me. I exchanged it for another one and it appears to be fine. So far it's a nice little monitor... I've used it for a game (non-3D), Netflix, and MLB.TV and everything has looked really nice on it. I have not tried out the glasses yet, but I did put them on and they are a bit stiff and uncomfortable. I'll probably get used to it, but I probably won't use them all that much.[/QUOTE]

You can buy any of the Sony 3D glasses for it, you only lose the Simulview option which only a handful of games support, 6 I think...the TDGBR750's are awesome, like a pair of oakley's, super comfy but also $80 on Amazon :(

[quote name='KrisMKX']WILL AMazon match this so everyone can use their credit?????????[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Amazon carries it anymore. All the listings on Amazon show third-party vendors.

Anybody know a good way to tweak Windows 7 to handle fonts better for resolutions this size? It's not the TV because it looks just as odd on my 52" TV, so it's either Windows or my video card...

[quote name='coolrust']Does anyone know how to make it automatic on and off through ps3? After I changed my ps3, this feature stopped working on my new ps3.[/QUOTE]
Menu->Settings->HDMI Control->On.

anyone know why the manual says its good only for ps'3 with firmware 3.7 or higher? 3D was enabled on 3.4 i think. I know i could try my older firmware ps3 but dont want to go dig it out, just wondering.

I only messed with it for a bit the main reason i got it was for wipeout hd and it was worth it just for that game alone.

(3.70)Two updates for all of you enjoying blu-ray 3d movies on ps3:

• 3d support will now be available when accessing java-based special features on blu-ray
  • dts-hd ma, dts-hd hr decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) will be supported while playing blu-ray 3d movies.
  • 3d digital photos in mpo format can now be viewed in 3d on the xmb and in the photo gallery app
So, you can still probably use it on 3.4, or whatever version added 3D, it just probably lists 3.70 in the manual because of the above stuff.

I said fuck it and bought one this morning. I'm using it right now as my primary monitor and it looks absolutely amazing.

Mine has a huge speck of dust on the right side... Only noticeable really when it's off but it bothers me knowing its there.

And no BB have it in stock to exchange :/

[quote name='jling84']Looks like every Southern California BB is out of stock on this.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. The first day it went live only a few locations had it. i was afraid it might sell out and did a instore p/u. i am glad i didnt wait.

Looks like this will be the last run for this display? Don't think it can go $150 now right.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I usually game on a chair with the screen close to me anyway. No defects so far. Screen is a bit glossy, but that's a small price to pay for being able to see the screen clearly from all angles, which is very important for exercising with any sort of on screen guide when doing ground work. 3d is fantastic, especially with Silent Hill downpour, which I also picked up at BB for $20 a week or so ago.

It's really good for Pc as well, but for some reason the brightness is jacked up too high and everything looks overly saturated and blurry. This is fixed by lowering the brightness to 0, but the display doesn't have separate settings per input, so I have to change it every time I change to my consoles.

Lastly, I tried it with the psp go with the dock, display wires, ac adaptor and ps3 controller set up, and it surprised me in how good it looks. I tried Dissidia, Tactics Ogre and Gitaroo Man. Quality is a bit lower than running my Wii on it, which is a bit poor, but that's to be expected of running SD stuff on HD displays.

I don't watch TV, just Internet streamed videos, so no TV tuner is just fine. One of the best $200 I've spent.

I finally gave in and picked one up at the West Madison, WI Best Buy over lunch.

I'm really anxious to give it a try with 3DTV Play for Nvidia as well. I have more than a few PC games that I'd like to see in 3D as well. Now I just need to clear space on my desk for the monitor.... damnit.

[quote name='psunami']I finally gave in and picked one up at the West Madison, WI Best Buy over lunch.

I'm really anxious to give it a try with 3DTV Play for Nvidia as well. I have more than a few PC games that I'd like to see in 3D as well. Now I just need to clear space on my desk for the monitor.... damnit.[/QUOTE]

I have a GTX 670 and I don't believe the 3D function will work...kind of the reason I held out for so long. It still looks amazing as a monitor though. I compared prices online for the same specs, and this monitor was easily cheaper by about $50. Just a heads up!

bread's done
Back