PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I'd never played a Souls game before playing Bloodborne and struggled mightily to get the hang of it. After awhile the controls got easier and I beat Bloodborne (struggling with the dlc though...), but Souls seems harder

Bloodborne, to me, is a lot more accessible as a game. I don't really like any of the Souls games, but after forcing myself through the first hour or two of Bloodborne I really enjoyed it. I never actually finished the game, but I got fairly close.

That being said, I highly doubt I'll enjoy these other games. Bloodborne is more quickly paced and action-y, which is one reason it resonated so well with me. I have tons of patience with most things IRL, that doesn't carry over to games for whatever reason.

I am super hyped for Uncharted 4.
The reviews have been consistently great from what I’ve been seeing. I preordered a digital copy and the listing shows that it may be available for preload as early as this Saturday in case anybody is in the same position. It’s going to require a large 5GB day one patch as well. I still wish the latest patches would be available to download on the PSN store the day before a game is released. It would just save time for everybody. It’s nice to hear that the MP items will be all unlockable. They will still be implementing an online currency system for MP though. It’s interesting that the DLC is priced at $25. They’ve increased it as TLoU was $15.
Really excited for Uncharted 4 myself. When you preload something it doesn't let you download the day one update as well? I didn't know that. That's disappointing, hopefully I can jump on at midnight and play for an hour or two while the patch downloads. After hearing about the stolen copies, I've been trying not to look at too much Uncharted stuff online. They've done a great job of showing this game without revealing to much. It's too close to have it spoiled now.

Really excited for Uncharted 4 myself. When you preload something it doesn't let you download the day one update as well? I didn't know that. That's disappointing, hopefully I can jump on at midnight and play for an hour or two while the patch downloads. After hearing about the stolen copies, I've been trying not to look at too much Uncharted stuff online. They've done a great job of showing this game without revealing to much. It's too close to have it spoiled now.
Sorry bleeding I could have worded my post more clearly. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to download the day one patch beforehand. I was referring to my idea to download patches from the PSN store for physical disc users. It would ensure a smoother launch for everybody if they ever implemented an idea. I'm in the west coast so one nice bonus about the midnight release is that I'll get to play at a good hour starting at 9pm.

I hadn't followed Overwatch at all until watching a streamer yesterday. I thought the presentation was great, and after playing the beta for the past several hours I like the gameplay too. Towards the end I was starting to do some sneaky things with Tracer on certain stages.

Damn. Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4, and now possibly Overwatch multiplayer.

My excitement for Overwatch took a dip when I realized the only game modes are variations of king of the hill, but it went back up when I started using more characters. That seems to be where the variety in the game is. King of the hill has never been one of my favorites, but I always thought it was okay. I keep wanting to play the game, so it must have good replay value for me.

I was thinking of waiting until the week of E3 to buy it. I'm guessing the weekend after E3 there will be a PSN 10% off code. It'll only be a couple weeks, and Uncharted 4 will easily hold me off until then. But, it would only be $6.00 savings.

My excitement for Overwatch took a dip when I realized the only game modes are variations of king of the hill, but it went back up when I started using more characters. That seems to be where the variety in the game is. King of the hill has never been one of my favorites, but I always thought it was okay. I keep wanting to play the game, so it must have good replay value for me.

I was thinking of waiting until the week of E3 to buy it. I'm guessing the weekend after E3 there will be a PSN 10% off code. It'll only be a couple weeks, and Uncharted 4 will easily hold me off until then. But, it would only be $6.00 savings.
the overwatch patch i downloaded last night basically made my game unplayable. i can barely get through one match before getting disconnected and not only does it disconnect me from battle.net but it messes with my entire dns set up on my ps4. when i disconnect in overwatch, i then cant join party chat, look at my friends list, or play any other game that requires online (like the division) until i reset my ps4.

This morning I decided to try to download the Uncharted 4 patch by clicking Options on it's tile, then clicking on Search For Updates. As soon as I got to the dashboard my console started downloading the patch. I thought getting patches early for digital games was possible. I remember being ready to play Street Fighter V as soon as the game unlocked (too bad Capcom's network wasn't ready). If the download doesn't start when you turn on your PS4 maybe Search For Updates will get it going.

The patch made the game version 1.02, it was 144 MB, and it only had "general fixes" listed in it's description. It seems the known day-one patch was already applied to the digital version. The update history shows there was a version 1.01, and it had a lot of content listed in it's description.

Anyone else planning on playing at midnight? I'm so excited for this game. Kids don't have school tomorrow but I have to work at 9am. Will probably stay up until 3ish and play though.

I'd never played a Souls game before playing Bloodborne and struggled mightily to get the hang of it. After awhile the controls got easier and I beat Bloodborne (struggling with the dlc though...), but Souls seems harder
Man the DLC is hard, but very rewarding and the bosses are pretty cool. Tough that freaking lab/library was a nightmare to traverse.

Haven't beaten Uncharted 3 yet, so I'm only playing the multiplayer for 4. So far its pretty good though I feel like the Famas doesn't do that much damage (that might just be me getting us to aiming it)

Shotties were toned down from what I remember in U2 as well. Haven't had a chance to try out the pistole yet but I'm hopeful it wasn't nerfed to hell now that you can just use it as a loadout item ha. So much rage over that gun: BAM, BAM, dead. :rofl:

I'm going on vacation next week and trying to load up my vita with some games for the plane ride. I already have the games that were given away for free from plus and I just bought risk of rain a few weeks ago when it came out but I'm looking to get something new. I've been looking at Nuclear throne and Axiom verge. Nuclear throne is cheap and I could get another game with it(I have ~$25 in PSN credit) but it looks to be very similar to Enter the Gungeon which I just bought for PC. Axiom verge looks really cool but it being $20 means it will probably be the only game I get and I'm not sure how long it is. Has anyone played either of these two games or have any other games to recommend? 

I'm going on vacation next week and trying to load up my vita with some games for the plane ride. I already have the games that were given away for free from plus and I just bought risk of rain a few weeks ago when it came out but I'm looking to get something new. I've been looking at Nuclear throne and Axiom verge. Nuclear throne is cheap and I could get another game with it(I have ~$25 in PSN credit) but it looks to be very similar to Enter the Gungeon which I just bought for PC. Axiom verge looks really cool but it being $20 means it will probably be the only game I get and I'm not sure how long it is. Has anyone played either of these two games or have any other games to recommend?
I'd give Severed a look if I were you. First person dungeon crawler with touch based combat sounds awful (I don't like either of those), but it works in this game and I'm enjoying it so far.

As for the two games you mentioned, I haven't played either of them but I've heard much better things about Axiom Verge.

I'd give Severed a look if I were you. First person dungeon crawler with touch based combat sounds awful (I don't like either of those), but it works in this game and I'm enjoying it so far.

As for the two games you mentioned, I haven't played either of them but I've heard much better things about Axiom Verge.
Thanks , I'll take a look at that game.

So I finished Uncharted 4 tonight! Great game, was absolutely worth the wait! The best thing about it was

Yeah forget about it, just play the fucking game and stop looking for spoilers! Trust me it's worth your time!

I'd rate it a solid 9, only because it felt a little short. Even though it felt short, they ended the series the right way. Kudos, Naughty Dog!

So I finished Uncharted 4 tonight! Great game, was absolutely worth the wait! The best thing about it was
Yeah forget about it, just play the fucking game and stop looking for spoilers! Trust me it's worth your time!
I'd rate it a solid 9, only because it felt a little short. Even though it felt short, they ended the series the right way. Kudos, Naughty Dog!
Interesting opinion as the general consensus seems to be that it's the longest Uncharted game. I thought this made it feel like it was dragging in parts, but part of that was probably due to me going through it in 3 days (I took Thursday & Friday off of work). I have a few minor spoiler related gripes, but I won't mention those here.

At any rate, I do agree about it being a fantastic game and I would even say probably the best Uncharted game yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol at the spoiler.

As expected, heard nothing but good things so far. Looking forward to playing it soon.

Interesting opinion as the general consensus seems to be that it's the longest Uncharted game. I thought this made it feel like it was dragging in parts, but part of that was probably due to me going through it in 3 days (I took Thursday & Friday off of work). I have a few minor spoiler related gripes, but I won't mention those here.

At any rate, I do agree about it being a fantastic game and I would even say probably the best Uncharted game yet.
Reason for thinking that is I pretty much breezed through it, which is kinda unusual for me. After about 24 hours I was up to chapter 15. I dunno, maybe it seemed short because I enjoyed it so much I played it exclusively since it came out. But to anyone who hasn't played it yet, if you own a ps4 you owe it to yourself to play this game! As always the story is great, and the attention to detail in the environments is spot-on. I'm just bummed out that that was the last Uncharted game!

Currently on Chapter 11 in Uncharted 4, and loving it! Haven't had too much time to play but I've been trying to make time. I'm trying to avoid any and all spoilers. But can someone just tell me how many Chapters there are?

Also I gotta say I'm really enjoying the combat. The stealth combat actually works pretty well. It was one thing I was worried coming into this game. The melee combat also feels pretty tight. Like others have said, the attention to detail is really great.

Currently on Chapter 11 in Uncharted 4, and loving it! Haven't had too much time to play but I've been trying to make time. I'm trying to avoid any and all spoilers. But can someone just tell me how many Chapters there are?

Also I gotta say I'm really enjoying the combat. The stealth combat actually works pretty well. It was one thing I was worried coming into this game. The melee combat also feels pretty tight. Like others have said, the attention to detail is really great.
The storyline ends on 22, then there's a fairly brief epilogue

The storyline ends on 22, then there's a fairly brief epilogue
Thanks! I started Chapter 12 before picking the kids up from school. Really enjoying it and taking my time. The beginning of this chapter has a Black Flag feel(with on and off the boat). I figured it had somewhere around 21-25 chapters. Wasn't it 2 or 3 that had 25 chapters? Afraid to look it up and see spoilers for #4.

Also isn't there a trophy for a speed run of 6 hrs? Seems like that might be difficult. I know I'm taking my time and exploring, but geez. Unless maybe there's a trick to it, I haven't figured it out yet.

I thought the game was pretty long. For the amount of content and hype of this game I thought the length was just right. I plowed through it and finished it just yesterday but it seemed like the game was more than 15 hours long. I posted my review in the Uncharted thread in the same sub-forum so I don’t want to clutter up the thread but I agree I thought it was a great game. Any PS4 owner definitely needs to check this game out at some point.

I checked my game clock, I played it on hard and did a fair amount of exploring, wound up with about 2/3 of the collectibles and spent 17 hours on that play through. That's definitely longer than any of the other games so I'm not too bothered by it. Had it been a 10 hour campaign I'd feel a little jilted.

Looking forward to the co-op multiplayer & campaign DLC for sure.

I checked my game clock, I played it on hard and did a fair amount of exploring, wound up with about 2/3 of the collectibles and spent 17 hours on that play through. That's definitely longer than any of the other games so I'm not too bothered by it. Had it been a 10 hour campaign I'd feel a little jilted.

Looking forward to the co-op multiplayer & campaign DLC for sure.

Also isn't there a trophy for a speed run of 6 hrs? Seems like that might be difficult. I know I'm taking my time and exploring, but geez. Unless maybe there's a trick to it, I haven't figured it out yet.
right now, you can play the prologue, then the epilogue via chapter select and get the trophy. itll probably get patched though so do it soon.

right now, you can play the prologue, then the epilogue via chapter select and get the trophy. itll probably get patched though so do it soon.
Didn't work.

So i was looking up reviews for uncharted and came across what could be the most idiotic review in gaming history! Just be forewarned if you haven't finished the game yet, don't read this because it has major spoilers *which weren't warned about*...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/05/12/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-review-this-four-part-series-should-have-ended-after-part-one/

Didn't work.
So i was looking up reviews for uncharted and came across what could be the most idiotic review in gaming history! Just be forewarned if you haven't finished the game yet, don't read this because it has major spoilers *which weren't warned about*...https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/05/12/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-review-this-four-part-series-should-have-ended-after-part-one/
Thanks for the heads up. I've seen major hate on the Washington post review but haven't read it myself.

After baseball, homework, and now spending time with my wife, it doesn't look like I'll be getting back to chapter 12 tonight. Hopefully play a little after work tomorrow afternoon.

Got to play for a few hours before work, currently on Chapter 15. Alot of fun, enjoying the combat some more. Still can't get over how well the rope works. I guess I was expecting it to be a little more scripted, but I'm really glad it's not. Swinging, shooting a guy while on the rope, then dropping on another is really satisfying.

this was my 1st Ratchet game and I was really impressed by it. I actually had more fun with it than uc4
Don't know if you have a PS3 or not but if you do and are interested in going back, the main trilogy on there is just as good. I wouldn't bother with the PS2 games at this point though.

bread's done
Back