PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

So its looks like The Order will be coming out this year, I didn't think it would personally. I want to see some gameplay so bad, maybe we're not to far off from that.

That would work. If you try to rush through the two games(they can take a long time if you want to do everything/trophy hunt) it may become a bit of a slog by the time you get done, thus making the formula a little tired to you once SS comes out. If you wind up liking 2 & SS a lot, you can always go back to the original.

Besides, the sequel is the better game in basically every way possible.
I agree, hopefully people who didn't like the first one give the second one a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFXIV was a surprise success to everyone, including SE. ESO is already facing fierce resistance from fans and SWTOR is precedent for these type of MMOs.
I guess I am just ingorant when it comes to these games. I still don't understand why two games that are pretty similar in overall genre would get treated differently. I mean, I know they are not the same game, but the premise is very similar, right?

i wonder if this b.c thing would make stores like gamestop selling ps2/ps1 games again seeing people would have reasons to buy them again.
I would say No. Gamestop only has so many square feet of shelf space. They make decisions purely on sales data. Having PS4, Xbox 1, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, and portables all available right now is a lot of inventory.

It should also be noted that Don't Starve is leaving 2/4 and Outlast is scheduled for release next week (at least in the UK). So if you haven't downloaded/claimed Don't Starve be sure to do it before it leaves Playstation Plus so you don't miss out!

DMC/Devil May Cry (PS3) is leaving on 2/4 as well, so be sure to claim it before it's gone.

Clever:

Original

687474703a2f2f63646e332e73626e6174696f6e2e636f6d2f656e7472795f70686f746f5f696d616765732f393737303638392f7073337472616465696e5f6c617267652e6a7067.jpg

Truth in Advertising

genbatzuuuuuuu8xu8y.jpg

So... I just downloaded and signed up for the free trial for the Crunchyroll app...

Does it work for anyone? For me it works for about 10 seconds and then buffers for about 10 seconds, then works and then buffers. All of my other video apps work fine, it's just the Crunchyroll app that sucks. I also went to the PS3 app and it does the same thing. Anyone know how to fix it or does this one just not work?

I think the PS4 shortage may be at its end. I have 24 Gamestops within a 21 mile radius and they all have the PS4 in stock. I was starting to thinkl this was going to be like the PS3/360/Wii shortage of 2006

Square Enix's Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition has taken top place in the latest UK all-format chart.
69 per cent of Tomb Raider copies were bought for PlayStation 4, UK numbers company Chart-Track revealed, leaving just 31 per cent on Xbox One.
o_O

Electronic Arts earlier this week let go of their contractors at the office and told full-time staffers they could either take compensation and leave or continue working in the office to support work on Visceral's rumored police-themed Battlefield title, code-named Havana. Sources say Havana is due out later this year.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/1/5360976/layoffs-hit-ghost-games-uk-office-unannounced-nfs-title-mothballed
A new Battlefield every year?

12243402276_ca62ca6e38_z.jpg

http://youtu.be/GEmi54V44bs

Playstation Blog

New Pulse Headset. The new driver will allow your other Pulse headsets to work on PS4. No word on when/if they're going to make a rear usb hub so you don't have a dongle sticking out the front of your console.

12243402276_ca62ca6e38_z.jpg

http://youtu.be/GEmi54V44bs

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/03/ps4-system-update-1-60-official-headset-support-gold-wireless-headset-out-soon/#comment-944280

New Pulse Headset. The new driver will allow your other Pulse headsets to work on PS4. No word on when/if they're going to make a rear usb hub so you don't have a dongle sticking out the front of your console.
And Sony announced the update is coming tonight, so the rumor of the push back is untrue

Well I got my first game save error on tomb raider this weekend after beating it more then half way through. Anyone else have this problem? I have it highlighted since I was streaming I followed what Sony said to fix the problem. After googling it seems to be a common problem, needless to say it's pretty upsetting and my viewers didn't like it either.

You'd understand if you played old school shooters on PC.
Hmm... Admittedly, PC was never my forte. I think what killed it for me was the plot never interested me. There's a lot of being forced to listen to people talk while you walk through corridors or are stuck in a room in the game - not caring about the story or characters made it like torture to me. And I'm not usually one that is bothered by such things or cutscenes.

Hmm... Admittedly, PC was never my forte. I think what killed it for me was the plot never interested me. There's a lot of being forced to listen to people talk while you walk through corridors or are stuck in a room in the game - not caring about the story or characters made it like torture to me. And I'm not usually one that is bothered by such things or cutscenes.
For me it was more about the old school feel of having boss fights in a shooter. Reminded me a lot of quake or unreal.

don't like how thin it is and don't look like it has big head pad like my turtle beach.

will say for 99.99 it's pretty good price with 7.1 surround sound if you don't have another gaming headset is well worth it for that price.

So, anyone think those would be a nice upgrade over my OG Pulse set?  Or should I just pay the extra bit and get the elites?  

Not that I'm going to get a pair anytime soon, probably sometime in the next 2-3 months.  I just prefer the look of the Gold one.

Anybody else having trouble getting into the psn store? I'm in Boston and it keeps telling me "This service is not available in your country/region"
Yeah. I tried to get in the store earlier so I could download Outlast. I'm not sure if they're still updating the store or what's going on. Everything else seems to work fine though.

Store was never 'down' for me but it did kick out errors constantly when I first tried using it.  Eventually I got on and was able to DL Outlast at least.

bread's done
Back