PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Was never thinking about getting the camera

But The camera stuff actually seems kind of fun even though it is just mini game stuff. It will be interesting to see the kinds of stuff devs can come up with a few months down the line. I just think devs didn't have the time and resources to mess around with camera stuff before release date.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question about this update download is can i use my android phone for it? Just download it on it, create the folders in root and then hook up to ps4 and put it into USB mode?

Should work in theory. I dont have a usb stick I dont think, and if I do I dont want to find it. :)

My question about this update download is can i use my android phone for it? Just download it on it, create the folders in root and then hook up to ps4 and put it into USB mode?

Should work in theory. I dont have a usb stick I dont think, and if I do I dont want to find it. :)
The theory is sound. That being said, you're likely not going to know until you (or someone else) tries it. With some of the differences between PS3 and PS4 concerning USB devices, you just don't know.

And the problem is, you can't really boot the PS4 and hook your phone up BEFORE you try to update via the net, to find out if the PS4 recognizes it as a valid USB device.

Do you have a newer android phone running ICS or higher without an sd card slot? Newer phones removed usb storage much to my chagrin. If it only has mtp mode it probably won't work. If you have an older phone that has an sd card and works as a mass storage device it should work just like any old usb storage medium.

For those who picked up NFS:Rivals via Amazon and got a "we have no clue when it will ship" type message...I ordered mine, and it just shipped.  Estimated Arrival on Saturday via Fedex Smartpost (ewww).

That whole DS2 info seems fishy. For starters, why would they have the same franchise competing with itself? Makes no sense and if it's a port it beggars the question why not just release it for PS4 at the same time as Dark Souls II? Perhaps this is why the game was delayed? Either way, it wouldn't exactly be a mindblowing announcement but would be a nice addition for sure.

One thing I know is if we don't see something on Last Guardian tonight, it will be officially dead in my mind.

yeah i just got an email saying they have an expected delivery date for nfs now. Got the house clean up now hurry up ps4
Did you guys get NFS via the coupon or just during the B2G1? Mine hasn't updated yet but then again my PS4 only switched to shipping soon this morning, so they're not exactly quick to the draw on these. . .

I'll be in line for this, I'll hopefully get updates on my phone:

Jason Schreier
ps4
Today 11:04am

Big PS4 Announcements Coming Tonight
ku-xlarge.png

Get ready for E3 in November: tonight on Spike TV (and streaming here on Kotaku), Sony plans to announce a whole lot of PS4 news in honor of the console's launch tomorrow.

The show, "PS4 All Access: Greatness Awaits," starts at 11pm Eastern, and we'll have a stream for you up on Kotaku around then. Sony is teasing "major PS4 game announcements" and other big news.

Via Spike's Geoff Keighley, here's some of what we can expect tonight:

• Hideo Kojima appearance with announcement and new trailer for MGS5. 12
  • Pete Parsons from Bungie live with an announcement and new trailer for Destiny. 3
  • Naughty Dog debuts the teaser trailer for The Last of Us story DLC.4
  • A first look at Sony's top-secret R&D lab and news on new technology they are working on for PS4. 5
  • Jack Tretton and Andy House will be appearing live.
  • Shu Yoshida and Adam Boyes will be appearing as well to talk about worldwide studios and third party developers.
As always, we'll keep you updated with all the news as it happens.

Did you guys get NFS via the coupon or just during the B2G1? Mine hasn't updated yet but then again my PS4 only switched to shipping soon this morning, so they're not exactly quick to the draw on these. . .
I got mine with the coupon code on Sunday.

I got mine with the coupon code on Sunday.
Word. I wish they'd at least provide some real info for the delay, for me at least because it's still in limbo. I understand that the release date for this was bumped up, but Amazon had it listed for the 15th forever and now suddenly can't meet that deadline? I wonder if this is EA at fault or Amazon. . .

Yeah I got NFS with the coupon code on sunday.  On a side note any chance of dualshock 2s working with usb adaptor?   I have about 10 of them

So I went to get my place in line at GS (they marked the console and you just bring in your reciept they scan it and you are out the door. They said they oversold (please note this is at my GS) so they said if you didn't do midnight release you probably wont be getting one until the next shipment. (No idea when this is). Just a heads up for people who preordered.

Got about 40 people outside the neighborhood Best Buy at 930 local time here already. Good luck to everyone winging it today/tomorrow.

Man, that launch show was WILD. Five seconds of TLOU dlc footage, "mind blowing" Metal Gear 5 dlc, and an incredibly revealing Uncharted announcement.

Played through Resogun on Rookie setting and beat it. Pretty awesome I like it way better than Stardust and holy gorgeous. I finished up my a PS3 game and the difference between the 2 systems is night and day. Maybe it is just the ooo shiny but yea pretty much in love with the system; controller and the fixing of the UI to be so seemless. 

Pretty impressed with gamestop getting home at like 12:10.  The controller is nice, I hate the power button, psn being down for awhile was kind of a bummer but i was eventually able to get the hooked up.  Installs are super quick which is good.  Fifa is fifa but prettier.   Up it to a higher levlel than default if you've ever played it before.  Scored  4 goals in first half against Real Madrid. 

Got mine, but Best Buy wasn't matching the B2G1 free deal from Target so I didn't get any games for it just yet, I'll head down to target today an get those. I never camped out for a console before, 6+ hours outside in the cold was nuts, never doing that again.

Damn Resogun is fun, defo getting that Geometry Wars vibe.  It's so fun I haven't even played any of the retail games I got on the b2g1 Target deal. haha  And damn the PS4 is sooo nice looking, pictures do not do it justice, controller is nice too, very happy with this machine and my purchase no doubt.

So my unit was dead on arrival.

I tried the Kotaku HDMI fix nothing.

Going to try the HDD fix later

I doubt this .4% error is accurate there are like 6/10 of us from Taco Bell promo having this issue.

Here is what I am seeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvitvoDSWk

---

Als you can PM frys B2G1 deal at BBY through Saturday. Technically some limitation, but I was able to avoid them +some.

For more details check out my post in the VG Deal thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321678-target-1110-1116-b2g1-free-all-in-stock-games-includes-ps4-and-xb1-if-in-stock/page-120#entry11238232

Good idea if you cant find your games at target, or would jsut prefer BBY

6/10 out of 4000? Also how the hell do you tell the battery percentage left in controller?
Cant see actual percentage but if you hook/unhook to USB I believe it shows in the corner like PS3 or PS home button. I did it last night it gets horrible charge though because of the move integration on it.

I have Killzone/NFS/BF4 and Resogun/Contrast of course :)

Wanted to try out Blacklight and Warframe anyone else who is down let me know we can team up. Have to work tonight but will be getting home around 9pm EST.

My router from twc is seriously struggling to try and download anything on the ps4. Keeps erroring out.

Seems the router may just be far too old to handle fragment downloading. (Which is silly, because bit torrent works fine.)

Well I scoured stores this morning, I just ended up getting Killzone, Target was basically out of everything except Madden and COD. The only other game I wanted was Injustice, which seems to be completely sold out, so I'm thinking I'll just download that whenever my system is finally done setting up since I have $20 in PSN credit.

I didn't buy Killzone for stealth or having robots do my bidding for me but that's all i've done so far.  It's beautiful but i'm kind of let down that they seem to have departed from classic killzone.   Haven't even tried COD yet.   Resogun is pretty sweet.   Can't wait for need for speed and battlefield to hurry up and ship

So do themes transfer over ok or are they all bunk now?  I'd hate to lose my free Dark Souls themes that I've used for years now.

I have an issue with PSN.

On the PS4, when you go to the PS+ section, it doesn't show any of the free games. You can only get contrast and resogun on the main PS+ menu. No PSV free games at all.

Hope they fix it soon.

Amazon sent me a $30 credit towards a 7" Kindle Fire HDX for my PS4 pre-order... I have to admit that I want one, but I don't really have the money for one right now. It expires on November 22nd, so check your spam filters!

Watching Giant Bomb's PS4 livestream while playing Knack on my vita w/ remoteplay,  gotta love it.

www.giantbomb/com/chat

I also have one of those $30 off Kindle codes if anyone wants.  I'm still loving my 9" Fire HD so I dont plan on upgrading for a while

Ok fuck Sony Customer Support Managers. The manager fuck s up and I am stuck waiting 3 fuck ing weeks to get my fuck ing ps4 fixed.

Time for some PSN credit to you.

Gotta admit kinda dissapointed.  Bought 3 games Killzone, COD, and Fifa.  I was enjoying COD but then my save got corrupted after the patch so I'll have to start over.   Killzone may be super pretty but it's kind of a departure from the last 2 which i enjoyed more.  But i'm only on chapter 2ish.   Fifa is fifa but with better animations

Got a call from Sony Rep, got my overnight box coming tomorrow I will tell you how it works out. Apparently I complained enough.

I posted all over their facebook and twitter so apparently I made enough noise.

Looking some new PS4 friends as well for both MP and trading in Knack .. I assume it's there though I haven't played it yet. Just saw someone else mention it.

Have the following games right now.

Ac4, CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Madden 25, NBA 2k14, Knack and Killzone. Will be picking up NFS and Lego Marvel most likely as well since I have a bunch of AMZ credit to burn after the messed up one of my orders and were very generous in making it up to me.

Will also be downloading Warframe and Blacklight since I play them both on Steam already as well as DC Online because ... why not :D

PSN ID : QuantamPulse

Got a call from Sony Rep, got my overnight box coming tomorrow I will tell you how it works out. Apparently I complained enough.

I posted all over their facebook and twitter so apparently I made enough noise.
They should have overnighted you a new ps4. But that's a lot better than the bull crap they were talking before.

bread's done
Back