PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Just got my system today from Amazon and I need to state how much ass this thing kicks. Sony knocked it out of the park with this machine from what I've seen/experienced. Resogun is crack. That is all.

P.s.: Add me on PSN-BEARxSHARK

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Battlefield 4 multiplayer fixed yet? Thinking about grabbing that.
Not yet, only mode working for me is Domination right now and some people said TDM is working too. Conquest doesn't even get you into a game, Obliteration disconnects randomly, which is very frustrating after being in a game for 45 minutes. They said later this week/early next week though. At this point, might be better off waiting til BF and getting it cheaper.

Just got my system today from Amazon and I need to state how much ass this thing kicks. Sony knocked it out of the park with this machine from what I've seen/experienced. Resogun is crack. That is all.

P.s.: Add me on PSN-BEARxSHARK
Yes it's pretty good despite missing lots of features that the ps3 already does.

Segate/Samsung will soon be releasing a 2.5", 9.5mm Spinpoint M9T HDD in both 1.5TB and 2TB models.

I'll be waiting for the 2TB model :)
That is part of the reason why I'm in no hurry to upgrade my HDD. I only want to upgrade my HDD once and when I do I want to upgrade to at least a 2TB HDD.

So, this was funny.  I didn't use the HDMI cable that came with the PS4 until today (had others at my house already hooked up to the TV) and the cable was bad.  Tried hooking it up to 4 different devices and none of them display.  

Wonder if that could have happened to some of the people with "bad" systems.  

For those of you fortunate to play/mess around with the PS4 and games:

Would you have waited to get the system later on if you were given another chance? Or are you satisfied and happy with the launch purchase so far?

Not yet, only mode working for me is Domination right now and some people said TDM is working too. Conquest doesn't even get you into a game, Obliteration disconnects randomly, which is very frustrating after being in a game for 45 minutes. They said later this week/early next week though. At this point, might be better off waiting til BF and getting it cheaper.
Is there any BF deals for it? I don't mind waiting, and I would rather wait for a fully playable game anyway.

PS3 version is 25 at Walmart and Amazon. You could buy that and do the 10 dollar digital upgrade.
Oh hell, I didn't realize that's a possibility. I am going there for BF anyway. So here is an interesting question.

Could I buy BF4 for PS3, upgrade, then trade the BF4 to GS?

Because if that's true I could get BF4 for super cheap.

This sucks.  I wish I hadn't preordered the PS4 through walmart and I will NEVER do it again.

I actually saw one in the wild on 11/16 and it was mine to buy if I wanted it, but I figured since I had one coming I could wait.  Now, almost a full week later I am getting pissed.

I am actually sitting here considering going out to an XBOX launch just so I will have something.  I don't even want XBOX.  The Kinect doesn't fit in with the way I game (or the room I game in).  I am interested as hell in all the multimedia features, but if I put it in my living room I won't get the most out of it because my TV is an old projection TV and doesn't even have HDMI. 

Somebody needs to talk me off the ledge.  I do not want to waste $530 on a console I do not want just because walmart sucks.

This will teach me to never do any type of pre-ordering through Walmart ever again.

/endrant

Oh hell, I didn't realize that's a possibility. I am going there for BF anyway. So here is an interesting question.

Could I buy BF4 for PS3, upgrade, then trade the BF4 to GS?

Because if that's true I could get BF4 for super cheap.
I was debating doing this as well, but without the trade-in. $35 for BF4 on the PS4 seemed like a pretty good deal less a few weeks after release.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/next-gen-upgrade

Would you have waited to get the system later on if you were given another chance? Or are you satisfied and happy with the launch purchase so far?
Very satisfied... the system is leaps and bounds better than the PS4, much fster UI, downloads are much quicker, and the controller has taken over as my all time fav or the 360 controller.

Sure the games aren't amazing or must have, but I have 6 launch titles and I know they will tide me over for a very long time. Heck I haven't even opened BF4 or Killzone yet.

This sucks. I wish I hadn't preordered the PS4 through walmart and I will NEVER do it again.

I actually saw one in the wild on 11/16 and it was mine to buy if I wanted it, but I figured since I had one coming I could wait. Now, almost a full week later I am getting pissed.

I am actually sitting here considering going out to an XBOX launch just so I will have something. I don't even want XBOX. The Kinect doesn't fit in with the way I game (or the room I game in). I am interested as hell in all the multimedia features, but if I put it in my living room I won't get the most out of it because my TV is an old projection TV and doesn't even have HDMI.

Somebody needs to talk me off the ledge. I do not want to waste $530 on a console I do not want just because walmart sucks.

This will teach me to never do any type of pre-ordering through Walmart ever again.

/endrant
Can you even hook an X1 or PS4 up without HDMI? I know you can't with the PS4. Is there a component output for the X1?

Are the upgrade codes being packaged as a limited time thing or should I be safe for black friday? $35 BF4 ($25 if I consider I am using my PS4 $10 PSN Credit) is a hell of a steal.
I think I read that the upgrade codes are good until March of next year.

The way that I look at it, if I bought a retail copy of Battlefield 4, I would need a copy of the PS4 disc in the system to play it, so having to put in the PS3 version isn't all that big of a deal and keeps people from renting the game and getting the full version for $10.

The Share button and Live from PlayStation features are awesome. Sony did a really fantastic job there.
Live streaming is awesome, too bad Xbox one owners don't get to use it. A lot of them are just saying that it didn't matter I was never going to use it. I said that too until I tried it! Amazing!!!

I wonder if more PS4s will show up in the wild tomorrow. Seems like a good opportunity to capitalize on those wanting an Xbox One and when those are sold out might just pick up a PS4 instead.

The Share button and Live from PlayStation features are awesome. Sony did a really fantastic job there.
It needs work. Whenever I push share, it creates a SS and a 15 minute video clip (except it loses the last minute of gameplay, so not the last 15 minutes as advertised). It's set to standard share, so I don't understand why it's taking a SS and double-tapping share doesn't seem to create a start point for videos. Also no way to pull the grabs off the system without using Twitch and even then you need to use a PC to do it. Incredibly buggy for me and the video quality is somewhat lacking, so I hope future updates improve this otherwise I can't see myself using it at all.

No because it's not going to drop price anytime soon. No point waiting for a price drop that isn't going to happen any time soon.

It needs work. Whenever I push share, it creates a SS and a 15 minute video clip (except it loses the last minute of gameplay, so not the last 15 minutes as advertised). It's set to standard share, so I don't understand why it's taking a SS and double-tapping share doesn't seem to create a start point for videos. Also no way to pull the grabs off the system without using Twitch and even then you need to use a PC to do it. Incredibly buggy for me and the video quality is somewhat lacking, so I hope future updates improve this otherwise I can't see myself using it at all.
Not sure why it is doing that for you... I get 15 minutes all the time. I scored a goal on FIFA, immidiately went into shar grab the last two sections of the video, trimmed, and uploaded, all in all, 2 mins and it was on Facebook. As for the stream, they have already said they will be bringing archiving as well as youtube in later updates, so at least we have twitch, we could have no live streaming from launch (cough Xbox One cough). Also my resolution is full 1080 on recordings and pictures. The one thing I have to agree with you on is the screen shots. I wish there was a way to capture pictures from different angles similar to going into FIFA's replay and doing screen shot from there, or being able to back in the game to get a screen shot.

This is in ACIV so perhaps it's a bug with that game specifically.  I'm not too worried about it right now TBH, but when they make a Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma for PS4 I'll want to have this working for sure.

That's strange, the share button has been working flawlessly for me. I edited and uploaded a couple of vids to facebook and it was very easy to do so. Sucks that you cant upload to youtube right now, but I hear thats coming eventually. I also watched someones Black Flag stream earlier and it looks a lot better then AC3, made me want to go out and buy it. I havent broadcasted anything myself yet but I just love being able to jump in and out of people streams, the comment section can be a hit or miss though, people can be idiots sometimes lol.

Can you even hook an X1 or PS4 up without HDMI? I know you can't with the PS4. Is there a component output for the X1?
I don't think so.

My office TV is my best TV - is a samsung 40" 6500 series (with 3d). My living room TV is ancient. I can't be flailing my arms around as a controller in my office. Plus the TV is wall mounted a bit high. It just wouldn't work.

I don't think so.

My office TV is my best TV - is a samsung 40" 6500 series (with 3d). My living room TV is ancient. I can't be flailing my arms around as a controller in my office. Plus the TV is wall mounted a bit high. It just wouldn't work.
Where there is a will there is a way. If you have external speakers you can probably use something like http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041902&p_id=2029&seq=1&format=2 then you would just need another cable to carry audio

And thats only for Gamestop, wow. Hopefully Sony can keep up with the demand.
And yet, as every person int he Xbox thread states, "They can find a PS4 in any store, they are not sold out, they must be behind" :roll:

What I see is Sony was ready for launch, had enough consoles manufactured to meet most demand, and the demand keeps growing...

Debating if i should get a vita now. Any comments on remote play? Is it that good? The instant game collection bundle is tempting at $199. With the 1 year ps plus includedin it, seems pretty good right. Ty

Debating if i should get a vita now. Any comments on remote play? Is it that good? The instant game collection bundle is tempting at $199. With the 1 year ps plus includedin it, seems pretty good right. Ty
I got a Vita a day after my PS4. and the remote play works great for me. Pretty cool feature. Plus the free games from ps+ are nice. It just sucks that the memory cards are so expensive!

I got a Vita a day after my PS4. and the remote play works great for me. Pretty cool feature. Plus the free games from ps+ are nice. It just sucks that the memory cards are so expensive!
You guys missed out, 32 gb Memory cards for $30 about a month ago... best Vita deal ever!

I think I'm done with Killzone, the controls are sluggish, the weird angle throws me off (I feel like a midget) and although I've never been fantastic at shooters, I'm usually competent, on this game on easy I can't even seem to get past the second level(possibly because what amounts to cover doesn't even seem to work half the time). I like the graphics and the OWL is cool, but that's not enough.

I have found the second level to be beyond hard for KZ level 3 was easy as hell (playing on Hard) at Level 4 now looks like it is back in the forest which blows.

I agree 100% about the midget thing though for the longest time I thought I was crouching so I would click the crouch button with no luck. Its an OK game but definitely not a Halo killer and very much not as good as 3.

And yet, as every person int he Xbox thread states, "They can find a PS4 in any store, they are not sold out, they must be behind" :roll:

What I see is Sony was ready for launch, had enough consoles manufactured to meet most demand, and the demand keeps growing...
there is also someone in the xbox thread that stated that sony fanboys who received a bricked launch console deserved it. so dont take what some people say with any actual weight.

there is also someone in the xbox thread that stated that sony fanboys who received a bricked launch console deserved it. so dont take what some people say with any actual weight.
I wasn't I was being sarcastic about it! I know that these are sole out, and the only ones that might be in stores are from people who probably didn't pick up there preorder.

Still undecided... Should i get the vita now? Or wait some more? Ps vita 2000 is out in japan but ive read that most people prefer the 1000 model due to the oles screen. Its gona be mainly for ps4 remote play. I was a plus member when so i did DL all the free vita games before hoping for that one day ill finally buy one. The version im eyeng now os the instant game collection. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Still undecided... Should i get the vita now? Or wait some more? Ps vita 2000 is out in japan but ive read that most people prefer the 1000 model due to the oles screen. Its gona be mainly for ps4 remote play. I was a plus member when so i did DL all the free vita games before hoping for that one day ill finally buy one. The version im eyeng now os the instant game collection. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Wait maybe?

[quote name="CAGkrazy" post="11265283" timestamp="1385075829"]
Still undecided... Should i get the vita now? Or wait some more? Ps vita 2000 is out in japan but ive read that most people prefer the 1000 model due to the oles screen. Its gona be mainly for ps4 remote play. I was a plus member when so i did DL all the free vita games before hoping for that one day ill finally buy one. The version im eyeng now os the instant game collection. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated.[/quote]
If you think you're going to spend the same amount in the near future as you will now get it now. I personally like the first version and fix the screen is a little better but it's not too noticeable.

By the way, I tried the ps4 to Vita using wifi to wifi and it worked great.

My NBA 2K14 finally arrived from Amazon - will have to check it out tonight. I'm just so busy with kid stuff I don't know when. My son has real basketball for one thing ;).

I tried the remote play an didn't care for it. First off, there is a slight bit of controller response lag, which is pretty close to a deal breaker. Also, with the Vita lacking 4 buttons that are on the PS4 controller, things can get cumbersome. Swiping the back of the Vita for turbo in NBA 2k14 sucked.

bread's done
Back