PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

More excited about the updates to notifications and trophies. Theres some other pics floating around for those. For both you get a small popup in the left corner, hit the ps button and it expands. Invite expands to show more info with accept and decline options, the trophy expands to tell you more info on the trophy that just popped. Both look really good.
Saw that earlier and it looked amazing, but apparently its all fake. :whistle2:(

Damn son, it looks like we lost TR. I fucking hate MS's strategy of buying up third party exclusives to try and move their floundering console sales. I was really looking foward to this game since the last one was pretty awesome. Dick moves by everyone involed IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn son, it looks like we lost TR. I fucking hate MS's strategy of buying up third party exclusives to try and move their floundering console sales. I was really looking foward to this game since the last one was pretty awesome. Dick moves by everyone involed IMO.
They kept saying "exclusive holiday 2015." I'd put money on that this is timed and will be on other platforms early 2016.

Buy a X1, problem solved. :p Seriously though, It sucks for the PS only people but business is business as they say.

I just love how no one mentions the fact they just laid off how many people... well those people now know where that money went.  MS had to pay out the Ass to get this and get it off Tomb Raider definitive editions number one selling platform.

Oh well, I am sure it is timed and we will find out soon enough that it is.  It's a good game, but remember everyone, Sony will be doing their press conference soon and there is going to a ton of exclusives....  we are fine and will have our own games to be happy about.

Per Geoff Keighley's twitter: "Spoke to many people here at Xbox press conference on Tomb Raider. Official line is that the game is "exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015.""

The original Tomb Raider (1996) actually released on the Sega Saturn and PC so no, the Playstation didn't really 'lose' anything.  

I have to agree that this is a dick move by both MS and Square-Enix for agreeing to this.  Watch in 2016 SE will announce how this new TR didn't sell to expectations once again. 

As an Uncharted/PS and TR reboot fan, this is dissapointing but good decision by SE as a timed exclusive.  SE gets money from MS and they get to stagger a TR release that does not have to compete with Uncharted 4 and perhaps even put out a GOTY/Premium edition/product for the PS4 in 2016.

Well tell sony to stop waste money on hd remakes it's getting out of hand now.

I just love how no one mentions the fact they just laid off how many people... well those people now know where that money went. MS had to pay out the Ass to get this and get it off Tomb Raider definitive editions number one selling platform.

Oh well, I am sure it is timed and we will find out soon enough that it is. It's a good game, but remember everyone, Sony will be doing their press conference soon and there is going to a ton of exclusives.... we are fine and will have our own games to be happy about.
Most those people were from the cell phone company they got last year. That happens a lot for things like that.

Everyone needs to relax. You are all missing the reality of the situation. This means about 4-6 months after the Xbox One TR beta has concluded the PS4 will get the "framerate unlocked" edition with more DLC, etc. I think the only thing we have to worry about is avoiding spoilers.

Everyone needs to relax. You are all missing the reality of the situation. This means about 4-6 months after the Xbox One TR beta has concluded the PS4 will get the "framerate unlocked" edition with more DLC, etc. I think the only thing we have to worry about is avoiding spoilers.
You got proof? I don't see titanfail coming to ps4 until 2nd one. Stop being butt hurt. This is people fault for being fan boys and owning one system. Own all and enjoy all games stop crying when things like this happen.

There's still a lot of confusion regarding TR exclusivity. MS is being deceptive as fuck like always. I honestly want to know how much this cost them though, I mean ps4 TR DE outsold the Xbone 2:1 IIRC. They probably dumped a truckload of cash, it sucks since TR is probably gonna die after this.

There's still a lot of confusion reagarding TR exclusivity. MS is being deceptive as fuck like always. I honestly want to know how much this cost them though, I mean ps4 TR DE outsold the Xbone 2:1 IIRC. They proabably dumped a truckload of cash, it sucks since TR is probably gonna die after this.
Sales really mean nothing. PS4 has a larger install base.

As is, I've read somewhere that MS is publishing the game, so it will seem at least now it will remain a XB1 exclusive.

There's still a lot of confusion reagarding TR exclusivity. MS is being deceptive as fuck like always. I honestly want to know how much this cost them though, I mean ps4 TR DE outsold the Xbone 2:1 IIRC. They proabably dumped a truckload of cash, it sucks since TR is probably gonna die after this.
It's late 2015 by then x1 install base will be huge with halo 5 out. So I would expect it to sell well. You got a much better game in uc4 stop being so mad.

I was looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider, just bought a PS4 too. But honestly, considering i bought the last Tomb Raider game on Xbox 360 when it was 10 bucks, its not that big of a loss to me. Plus it sounds like its more of a timed exclusive. I have no problem waiting a while to play that game.

You got proof? I don't see titanfail coming to ps4 until 2nd one. Stop being butt hurt. This is people fault for being fan boys and owning one system. Own all and enjoy all games stop crying when things like this happen.
Well this just cements my plans to buy an Xbone once the next sales glitch/deal comes around. I agree with Timbo. Once you own all systems, you get the best of both worlds. The average consumer shouldn't bother buying more than one system but as a cag, it's really not too much work to eventually find a deal to own an Xbone anyway.

Tomb Raider was a fantastic game. It does play a lot like Uncharted though so in the end, in terms of gameplay the PlayStation users will still have UC4 which is enough. I honestly don't like playing games that are too similar in gameplay back to back. I easily get burned out on games that way.

It's late 2015 by then x1 install base will be huge with halo 5 out. So I would expect it to sell well. You got a much better game in uc4 stop being so mad.
Im not mad, Im just disappointed. Im still holding out hope that its timed. Its looking like it might be, but you never know with desperate MS. Titanfall was suppose to be timed as well and we all know what happened there. MS seems to be getting a ton of backlash from all gamers for this move. They came out looking like bad guys here.

Never going to buy another MS console ever again due to my X360 red ring right after warranty ended and they wouldn't replace it.  I'll wait for the inevitable PC Definitive Edition.  I'll also be sure to tell all my friends to vote with their dollars and NOT buy a XB1 to play this game.

Never going to buy another MS console ever again due to my X360 red ring right after warranty ended and they wouldn't replace it. I'll wait for the inevitable PC Definitive Edition. I'll also be sure to tell all my friends to vote with their dollars and NOT buy a XB1 to play this game.
:-({|=

I'm really just trolling at this point, but stuff like this is always amusing.

Im not mad, Im just disappointed. Im still holding out hope that its timed. Its looking like it might be, but you never know with desperate MS. Titanfall was suppose to be timed as well and we all know what happened there. MS seems to be getting a ton of backlash from all gamers for this move. They came out looking like bad guys here.
ms saved titanfall from being tossed in the garbage where did you see it was supposed to be time ex? the way the sales happend with first tr it's possible it was same case here.

I've always disliked third party exclusives whether it (not) timed, DLC, specific content, etc.

Let first parties differentiate the consoles, not third parties. I shouldn't have to purchase multiple consoles because one company would rather throw money at third parties and the company receiving the cash benefitting by screwing over consumers.

Moves like this benefit nobody but the companies. Consumers on Xbox should have received the game regardless, but now people on PS4 (and Wii U if that was ever a possibility) are losing out because of these backroom deals.

Well tell sony to stop waste money on hd remakes it's getting out of hand now.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... what is the masterchief collection? remakes are a very good business model and good for consumers, especially considering how may xbox users jumped that sinking ship for PS4 and now get to enjoy the very best the PS3 had to offer that they missed! I can't wait till Sony's presser and we get to see all the amazing exclusives that are coming that will never be seen on Xbox ever because Sony knows what exclusive is and has some of the best developers in the world in house.... seriously you come in to the PS4 thread and do this crap!

Most those people were from the cell phone company they got last year. That happens a lot for things like that.
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-laying-off-18-000-employees/1100-4961/

The Xbox division will not be unaffected, either. Deadline reports Xbox Entertainment Studios, tasked with developing original content for Xbox Live, has been shut down before it even really got off the ground. The Halo-related projects, Halo: Nightfall and a planned TV series, are expected to continue.
I'm just saying that they realized how dumb they were with the entertainment crap, and turned those poor peoples jobs into a very expensive exclusive that undersold on all consoles. This is a good move against Sony, but it won't really help MS as I guarantee yet again this will not be a system seller, just like you also stated Titanfall would be!

Also, this could go the way of Titanfall and be released on the 360 too. Crystal dynamics may just recycle the assets since TR was originally released on current gen. I suspect that is going to be the case.

:-({|=

I'm really just trolling at this point, but stuff like this is always amusing.
It's sad when my original XBOX is still up and functional while the X360 died years ago. I still regularly fire up Steel Battalion from time to time before the catastrophe that was the Kinect version.

It's sad when my original XBOX is still up and functional while the X360 died years ago. I still regularly fire up Steel Battalion from time to time before the catastrophe that was the Kinect version.
you expect tech to be 100 percent effect? ms extended warrenty 3 years for red ring and that's not enough for you? i had 3 360's die on with red ring.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... what is the masterchief collection? remakes are a very good business model and good for consumers, especially considering how may xbox users jumped that sinking ship for PS4 and now get to enjoy the very best the PS3 had to offer that they missed! I can't wait till Sony's presser and we get to see all the amazing exclusives that are coming that will never be seen on Xbox ever because Sony knows what exclusive is and has some of the best developers in the world in house.... seriously you come in to the PS4 thread and do this crap!
i have a ps4 so i hope they do announce great games. my point was people bash ms for spending money on a 3rd party game to make it ms only. Yet you guys are fine with sony spending millions making hd remake for tlou and now 2 arcade games.

QC9sdR2.png

100% timed.  Also confirmed by GAF insider CBOAT.

i have a ps4 so i hope they do announce great games. my point was people bash ms for spending money on a 3rd party game to make it ms only. Yet you guys are fine with sony spending millions making hd remake for tlou and now 2 arcade games.
You realize those two things are not alike right?

you expect tech to be 100 percent effect? ms extended warrenty 3 years for red ring and that's not enough for you? i had 3 360's die on with red ring.
I honestly forgot all about that. For how much flack they got, you can't beat that warranty.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-laying-off-18-000-employees/1100-4961/

I'm just saying that they realized how dumb they were with the entertainment crap, and turned those poor peoples jobs into a very expensive exclusive that undersold on all consoles. This is a good move against Sony, but it won't really help MS as I guarantee yet again this will not be a system seller, just like you also stated Titanfall would be!
ms don't need it to be system seller they have halo five in same time frame

No I don't expect tech to be 100% effect....whatever that means.

I do, however expect my hardware console to last for the duration of its lifespan.

For you to purchase 3 X360s even after them dying, you contribute to this problem. You're telling companies that it's ok for them to make shitty things because you will buy shit anyways.

how does that show 100 percent timed exclusively might i add public relations person for se tweeted it is 100 percent xbox only game
Because they refuse to remove the "holiday 2015" line when mentioning exclusivity. And of course you can say it's 100% exclusive... until it releases on other platforms.

No I don't expect tech to be 100% effect....whatever that means.

I do, however expect my hardware console to last for the duration of its lifespan.

For you to purchase 3 X360s even after them dying, you contribute to this problem. You're telling companies that it's ok for them to make shitty things because you will buy shit anyways.
ms found the problem and gave people extra 3 years of protection. how about sony ps3 yellow light of death issue that still happens to this day even on slim systems?

I think the next Tomb Raider is going to be a timed exclusive just for the 2015 Holiday. It's just a PR move and agreement that SE and MS probably have to not announce that it is also coming to the PS4 and PC later.

the thing is what normal gamer will think hard and look into it? people will see omg halo 5 next fall and t.r both only on xbox one well i guess im buying xbox one. 

With that said sony also has uc4 which will be system seller like halo 5 will be for x1.

also se might have been scared that uc4 was coming out at same time. They are pretty much same type of game and you know people would buy uc4 over tr any day.

Remember when Phil Spencer said that there won't ever be a kinectless Xbox One? It's just a PR move to make sure they are still selling the Xbox One with Kinect. This Tomb Raider thing is just a Microsoft PR move to make sure people get the next Tomb Raider in Holiday 2015 for the Xbox One.

With Sony having twice the installed base as Microsoft and growing does Microsoft really want to get into buying exclusives when Sony is going to be able to pick them up for pennies on the dollar.

It is going to be fun to see what Sony's conference has in store, will there be an answer to the Tomb Raider "timed" exclusive?  Sony usually goes for permanent exclusivity so this should be fun.

Any word on how long was this deal in the works? Months or days, if days then I guess MS got scared with  TLOU 1.5 million day 1 sales and it being a system seller.  At this point, if MS is truely desparate and scared of ND and Uncharted 4, they really could have paid 100 million for an XBONE only exclusive.

bread's done
Back