PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

the game is just very punishing, especially for beginngers, and it does not hold your hand. you had to find out everything on your own. unless you look up guides or youtube videos

it is not meant for casuals, who just want to pick up the controllers, and play 1 -2 hrs here and there. you have to actually invest time to learn it.
Very steep curve. The first level is just plain old tough. Reminds of the old days of gaming where you just need to do it over and over again until you know exactly what the ai is going to do at all times. I still haven't beat the first level. I just started to figure out how to take out that big dude at the bottom of the road near the bonfire. Kings Field was no easier. Especially the first one.

Very steep curve. The first level is just plain old tough. Reminds of the old days of gaming where you just need to do it over and over again until you know exactly what the ai is going to do at all times. I still haven't beat the first level. I just started to figure out how to take out that big dude at the bottom of the road near the bonfire. Kings Field was no easier. Especially the first one.
i just recently started playing dark souls II, it was really hard for me to get into it, without going all rambo. since i am used to playing fps games like that. i died many times

Last edited by a moderator:
gun parrying is your best friend with those huge hammer dudes

I just roll all over the place and try to time my attacks just right. :lol:

Finished the 2nd boss just a little while ago and I'm not quite sure I get the whole parry/stagger/visceral thing in this game... I'm sure I'll have to figure that out eventually.

Loving the game though, even thinking about picking up Dark Souls II once it drops on PS4.

from all the gameplay i saw, isn't the gun basically for the staggering, or stun purpose? since it is limited in bullets.
yes, mostly. theres a beastly gun called the cannon if you have enough bloodtinge it could be quite powerful. the guns good with PvP type stuff.

yes, mostly. theres a beastly gun called the cannon if you have enough bloodtinge it could be quite powerful. the guns good with PvP type stuff.
is this the cannon you are talking about? do you have to get that close range for it be effective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyy3aZtGo9U

is this the cannon you are talking? do you have to get that close range for it be effective?
You can miss very easily with that weapon if your target moves. It helps if you are close or they are standing still.

gun them right as they are attacking, they stagger, you get close with r1 and do a brutal attack for massive damage.

See, that's what I thought but it only seems to work 50% of the time for me... Does it work on bosses too? I'm a bit OP at the moment so I don't really need it against regular enemies, though I guess I should practice on some.

I mean the dude with the giant axe. I was almost there on my last run of the night. I mean *this close*. I got his moved figured out. I'm shaking and baking busting thus guy up and he head butts me to kill me. WTF this game. I love it.

See, that's what I thought but it only seems to work 50% of the time for me... Does it work on bosses too? I'm a bit OP at the moment so I don't really need it against regular enemies, though I guess I should practice on some.
not all guys/bosses can be parryed. otherwise id just stand there and wait for them to attack and blunderbuss them during their attack animation. so far ive come across two bosses that you can parry boss 2 gasgione and boss 3 BSB. also in this game, i dont think "being OP" really exists lol. i thought i was going really well, then i hit unseen village and the difficulty ramps up to 11

I just mean I'm grossly overleveled for the areas I'm in and in regards to my insight.

I was grinding like crazy(and farming blood shards) after the first boss because I had so much trouble, only to have an extremely easy time with boss #2.

UI_LiveTiles_US-798x310.png

Spotify is out now!! Played Bloodborne with it in background and its amazing, you can hold down the PS button to gain access to the volume controls and skip. Im gonna make a playlist for MLB tomorrow. :bouncy:

EDIT:

You can also control it through the Spotify app on your phone.

Once again, I made the mistake of buying the South Park table pack from my PS4, instead of my PS3 or Vita.  The cross-buy feature doesn't work if you buy it from PS4.  

Zen really needs to address this.  Sternly-worded email time.

UI_LiveTiles_US-798x310.png

Spotify is out now!! Played Bloodborne with it in background and its amazing, you can hold down the PS button to gain access to the volume controls and skip. Im gonna make a playlist for MLB tomorrow. :bouncy:

EDIT:
You can also control it through the Spotify app on your phone.
Awesome this is great news. Maybe the rumor I posted the other day wasn't translated the right way. Instead of May, maybe it was supposed to be March lol.

Cant wait to try out Spotify app later today. :)

Once again, I made the mistake of buying the South Park table pack from my PS4, instead of my PS3 or Vita. The cross-buy feature doesn't work if you buy it from PS4.

Zen really needs to address this. Sternly-worded email time.
Maybe CS can help you out if you explained what happened?

Cant wait to try out Spotify app later today. :)

Maybe CS can help you out if you explained what happened?
You mean Sony CS? Probably. I'll give it a shot. Still not going to let Zen Studios off the hook though.

edit: Refund processing quoted at 3-5 business days, I hope it happens before the discount ends. The CS agent I chatted with is under the impression that this specific DLC for ZP2 isn't cross-buy because each platform has a separate listing in the PSN Store. S/he might be right, though I know for certain that the Star Wars DLC tables were cross-buy, or at least could be imported to PS4 from either PS3 or Vita.

So after having some time to play with the Spotify app, I really enjoy it. It's better then I imagined it'd be. I really like the fact you can control the music from your phone. It's also great how it integrates into the game sort of, how it allows the game audio to play over the music during dialogue or cut scenes.

I don't get the whole listening to music while playing games thing... Not hearing the actual game audio would drive me crazy.
You never play fifa or nhl? I've sunk who knows how many hours into fifa because it's the only way I can get through 10 podcast subscriptions a week and find time to play games. Not to mention it's too easy just to start another game when one ends.

You never play fifa or nhl? I've sunk who knows how many hours into fifa because it's the only way I can get through 10 podcast subscriptions a week and find time to play games. Not to mention it's too easy just to start another game when one ends.
No, but I do play The Show.

I just can't do it, it's too jarring. I need the actual audio or things just seem off. I listen to podcasts while at work or when browsing the web at home... As for music, I get my fill during my commute, on the weekends when I'm out or while running. I feel no need to listen to things WHILE I'm gaming too, it's just weird to me.

Hmmm, now I want to get a PS4 game that will be great to use Spotify with. The only times I listen to music while playing video games are fighting games locally with friends, Burnout, and Bejeweled. I would really like Bejeweled on the PS4.

Sometimes I listen to music while playing arcade games to recreate the arcade feeling. But I don't often play Shinobi, The Simpsons, TMNT, X-Men, Final Fight, and so on. Last gen brought back a lot of arcade classics.

MKX comes out in two weeks. Also Peggle is good to play with music.

Edit: I have actually been playing Trials this evening and think it's perfect with music playing.

I've recently finished the FarCry DLC, what do you guys think I should start next? I'm leaning towards Dying Light, maybe Assassins Creed Unity?

I am totally fed up with this rest mode, almost 80% it starts like it was never on rest mode, This happen a lot with a launch PS4 and now with the new one too.

The face plate is the only thing I don't like.  Looks kinda off, would even prefer just a Batman logo right in the middle somewhere.

MKX comes out in two weeks. Also Peggle is good to play with music.

Edit: I have actually been playing Trials this evening and think it's perfect with music playing.

I've recently finished the FarCry DLC, what do you guys think I should start next? I'm leaning towards Dying Light, maybe Assassins Creed Unity?
Dying Light for sure, much better game than Unity. Dying Light also has a special treat for tomorrow on April Fools Day so be sure to check it out, you'll basically have super human strength for the day and can launch zombies across the map with drop kicks along with other shenanigans associated with super strength and zambi killin.

No, but I do play The Show.

I just can't do it, it's too jarring. I need the actual audio or things just seem off. I listen to podcasts while at work or when browsing the web at home... As for music, I get my fill during my commute, on the weekends when I'm out or while running. I feel no need to listen to things WHILE I'm gaming too, it's just weird to me.
FYI, you get both game sounds and the music. You can adjust the Spotify music levels independently of the game sound. The game sound is still there, and you get to choose whether you'd like the music to be background music or the loudest thing in your ears.

FYI, you get both game sounds and the music. You can adjust the Spotify music levels independently of the game sound. The game sound is still there, and you get to choose whether you'd like the music to be background music or the loudest thing in your ears.
I do realize that, and that's even worse to me. Lol

Too cluttered.

As for the Arkham PS4, it's minimalistic in design and I dig it... Not too loud like the faceplates Sony offers. I pre-ordered one and will sell mine to someone once the new one arrives.

Anyone playing Axiom Verge? I was hoping to get some CAG opinions on the game. I plan on downloading, but after giving the game a brief play at Best Buy the other day and having seen the reviews, which are good, just not great. I always am hesitant on getting PSN games right away due to PS Plus and just having a lot to play already, so I should probably avoid adding anything  else to my plate right now and I am also still playing Ori, which seems to be the superior Metroidvania game between the two. 

For anyone interested, Sony put up a BloodBorne PS4 HDD cover.
Damn Im tempted, that looks pretty dope.

Anyone playing Axiom Verge? I was hoping to get some CAG opinions on the game. I plan on downloading, but after giving the game a brief play at Best Buy the other day and having seen the reviews, which are good, just not great. I always am hesitant on getting PSN games right away due to PS Plus and just having a lot to play already, so I should probably avoid adding anything else to my plate right now and I am also still playing Ori, which seems to be the superior Metroidvania game between the two.
I want to get it but like you mentioned I already have too many games to play at the moment with Bloodborne, MLB, and Borderlands. Im gonna wait for a sale.

Anyone playing Axiom Verge? I was hoping to get some CAG opinions on the game. I plan on downloading, but after giving the game a brief play at Best Buy the other day and having seen the reviews, which are good, just not great. I always am hesitant on getting PSN games right away due to PS Plus and just having a lot to play already, so I should probably avoid adding anything else to my plate right now and I am also still playing Ori, which seems to be the superior Metroidvania game between the two.
i refuse to pay $20 for a digital only game. im waiting.

You'll be waiting awhile. It won't have a sale for at least the first six months.
That's quite the claim for an indie game on a Sony platform, odds are definitely against you on that one... Any particular reason why you say that? I'm not buying either, but that's moreso because the trailers turned me off than due to the price.

That's quite the claim for an indie game on a Sony platform, odds are definitely against you on that one... Any particular reason why you say that? I'm not buying either, but that's moreso because the trailers turned me off than due to the price.
Because the developer announced it that it was part of the agreement to Sony, the sale on it right now will be the only one on it for the next 6 months, it won't be eligible for sale or anything until then

And to the person saying the reviews aren't great, what do you consider good reviews? It's right now at 86 on meta critic, that's pretty damn good!

Because the developer announced it that it was part of the agreement to Sony, the sale on it right now will be the only one on it for the next 6 months, it won't be eligible for sale or anything until then

And to the person saying the reviews aren't great, what do you consider good reviews? It's right now at 86 on meta critic, that's pretty damn good!
I didn't say the reviews weren't great, because they are. The reviews seem to be around 7-8.5 range for most outlets, I was expecting more 8.5-9 reviews on the game. The main thing that turns me off is the fact that I have so many other games to play, if the game was $14.99 i'd probably have already bought it.

I didn't say the reviews weren't great, because they are. The reviews seem to be around 7-8.5 range for most outlets, I was expecting more 8.5-9 reviews on the game. The main thing that turns me off is the fact that I have so many other games to play, if the game was $14.99 i'd probably have already bought it.
sad that $3 is the difference from your price....

Not to mention the reviews are actually between 80-90, only 3 reviews on metacritic under 80 and one is 79. 14 scores over 85 and 4 perfect scores... just saying but it is doing better than you think.

I am just amazed by it and the fact that one man created everything for it.

As bestkeeper14 mentioned, dev said price is locked for at least 6 months, I'll take the $2 sale price over waiting 6 months for a $5 off sale especially for what looks like a true Metroid clone even though it is $3 more than I like to pay for a digital only game.

bread's done
Back