PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

As bestkeeper14 mentioned, dev said price is locked for at least 6 months, I'll take the $2 sale price over waiting 6 months for a $5 off sale especially for what looks like a true Metroid clone even though it is $3 more than I like to pay for a digital only game.
LOL... some people around just take being cheap way too far! you get it.

LOL... some people around just take being cheap way too far! you get it.
Now Ori was $20 with no discount so I passed on that one and will wait for a sale, especially since digital only games on the xbox one don't sell well because that fanbase thinks every game should be AAA and that "indies suck" even though not every download only game is an indie. Must be fun for them not having any new games to play until October..

[quote name="bestkeeper14" post="12610924" timestamp="1427916391"]LOL... some people around just take being cheap way too far! you get it.[/quote]
I'm with you on this and bought it day one, but some people are taking backlog into account (which I obviously don't do.) I did buy it with the intention to play it now.

As for how good it is I love it, but I adore metroidvania games. It's a bit easy so far though and I might restart at a higher difficulty.

As bestkeeper14 mentioned, dev said price is locked for at least 6 months, I'll take the $2 sale price over waiting 6 months for a $5 off sale especially for what looks like a true Metroid clone even though it is $3 more than I like to pay for a digital only game.
I think the idea is in 6 months the game could be 50% off(or more) and even looks like it has the makings to be a PS+ game... Just because they said it won't be on sale for 6 months doesn't mean it'll only have a small discount once it's eligible.

Unless you're just scrounging for a new game to play, or are extremely interested in playing this particular game, then it doesn't hurt anything to wait.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12612470" timestamp="1427947316"]Has anyone played Life is Strange? I picked it up during the spead $100/get $10 back promo, but I haven't touched it yet. Was considering starting it.[/quote]
It's pretty good. It does feel repetitive but the ability to rewind time is a fresh take on the point and click adventure type. I would recommend playing it but I would wait until more episodes are out to avoid not knowing what happens next lol.

It's pretty good. It does feel repetitive but the ability to rewind time is a fresh take on the point and click adventure type. I would recommend playing it but I would wait until more episodes are out to avoid not knowing what happens next lol.
That's what I do with these episodic games, wait for the episodes to complete then they release them on a retail disk which I then get from gamefly and binge play it in 1 or 2 days.

Has anyone played Killzone Shadow Fall? Opinions?
I couldn't get into it... sadly. It looks pretty, but I haven't been able to get into any of the killzone games, so not sure if my opinion helps at all.

Are you just looking for games to play? or anything specific?

Has anyone played Killzone Shadow Fall? Opinions?

I couldn't get into it... sadly. It looks pretty, but I haven't been able to get into any of the killzone games, so not sure if my opinion helps at all.

Was disappointed that they seemed to have made a more generic shooter rather than a "killzone" campaign. I hope they make something like 2 and 3 in the future. Otherwise I'm done with the franchise
It's a decent enough game, though you have to get past the first couple of hours before it becomes "fun".

It's every bit the 73 it has on Metacritic, but if you can get it for around $10-15 then I'd say it's worth picking up.

Mainly looking for PS4 exclusives to play. Just got a PS4 mid February so only have Infamous, Last of Us and The Show 15. Planned on getting the Order when the price drops. I liked the other 3 Killzones, but Shadow Fall seems to have mixed reviews.

Mainly looking for PS4 exclusives to play. Just got a PS4 mid February so only have Infamous, Last of Us and The Show 15. Planned on getting the Order when the price drops. I liked the other 3 Killzones, but Shadow Fall seems to have mixed reviews.
Did you have an Xbox One also? Just wondering since you said exclusives only?

Also assuming you don't have plus yet there are a ton of Indie exclusives that are must play. Resogun for instance is a ton of fun and very nice to look at!

Bloodborne has been getting rave reviews, Infamous first light is actually better then second son, other then that there isn't much but some third party games that are good unless you have an xbox one and have already played them.

Did you have an Xbox One also? Just wondering since you said exclusives only?

Also assuming you don't have plus yet there are a ton of Indie exclusives that are must play. Resogun for instance is a ton of fun and very nice to look at!

Bloodborne has been getting rave reviews, Infamous first light is actually better then second son, other then that there isn't much but some third party games that are good unless you have an xbox one and have already played them.
Yes I do have Xbox One. More of my friends on Xbox Live so prefer to buy my cross platform games on Xbox One. I thought about getting First Light while it was on sale over the weekend wasnt sure if it was good, guess I should have.

Yes I do have Xbox One. More of my friends on Xbox Live so prefer to buy my cross platform games on Xbox One. I thought about getting First Light while it was on sale over the weekend wasnt sure if it was good, guess I should have.
it will be on sale again... yea it is better than second son, had more fun with neon in that game rather then any of the powers in second son.

As for indie games that are pretty good...

Resogun

OlliOlli2

Axiom Verge

HellDivers

Grim Fandango

to name a few

it will be on sale again... yea it is better than second son, had more fun with neon in that game rather then any of the powers in second son.

Resogun

OlliOlli2

Axiom Verge

HellDivers

Grim Fandango

to name a few
Neon is super fun but the other powers are super fun as well and being able to change up just by finding the right power source is awesome. One power all the time can get boring

Resogun

OlliOlli2

Axiom Verge

HellDivers

Grim Fandango

to name a few
add hotline miami and the binding of isaac to that list.

Neon is super fun but the other powers are super fun as well and being able to change up just by finding the right power source is awesome. One power all the time can get boring
I thought so too... but it wasn't! The fast travel with Neon was better in First light, and I liked the bombs and such. it was too much of a pain finding each thing to power up your powers. I loved in First light that you only used neon drain to increase your bombs, not the regular attack.

Yea I was really impressed with how easily it was to switch powers after you "learned" them. I probably used Neon the most though. After I got Neon, I almost forgot about Smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Concrete power was a joke, *spoiler alert* how do you give a power after beating the final boss?  That's why I feel the game was probably rushed and intended to be quite a bit longer.  Neon was great in second son, running up the sides of buildings never got old.  I need to play First Light, it's sitting on my PS4 just waiting. 

I actually totally agree about First Light.  The challenge rooms were an absolute blast and I enjoyed getting that Platinum... Something I usually don't do.

I thought inFamous:SS was great. As a fan of the series it didn't stray from the formula and still had cool powers to use interchangeably.

Haven't seen anyone post about this, seems it happened a day or two ago. Sony has bought the video game steaming service Onlive. Due to the purchase Onlive will be shutting down at the end of the month. Excited to see what comes out of this purchase. I've always been curious of Onlive but never tried it out myself. This is the second time Sony has bought a game streaming company, so maybe they are just buying out competition.

Haven't seen anyone post about this, seems it happened a day or two ago. Sony has bought the video game steaming service Onlive. Due to the purchase Onlive will be shutting down at the end of the month. Excited to see what comes out of this purchase. I've always been curious of Onlive but never tried it out myself. This is the second time Sony has bought a game streaming company, so maybe they are just buying out competition.
sony doesnt have the money to buy up competition just for the hell of it.

I actually totally agree about First Light. The challenge rooms were an absolute blast and I enjoyed getting that Platinum... Something I usually don't do.
I should go back and finish the challenge rooms then. Hopefully my save is still in tact after switching the harddrive. I think i still have a backup drive with my saves on it somewhere

I should go back and finish the challenge rooms then. Hopefully my save is still in tact after switching the harddrive. I think i still have a backup drive with my saves on it somewhere
Once you really get the hang of how everything works and unlock lots of abilities, completing them really does a good job of making you feel like a total badass. It's really satisfying.

Once you really get the hang of how everything works and unlock lots of abilities, completing them really does a good job of making you feel like a total badass. It's really satisfying.
Yeah i need something to pass the time other than fifa while listening to podcasts so I'll probably go back to them eventually. Hopefully i don't have to play through the entire game again though. I don't know why but in a fit of ocd i decided to organize my dropbox and delete all the saves i backed up when upgrading the ps4 hd

Actually Onlive was closing before this happened, Sony's purchase was mostly for the patents. It stops Microsoft or anyone from getting the patent and doing the same thing as PS Now

Have you any of you guys encountered this before?

My PS4 signal would intermittently display no signal to my HDTV. For a few seconds at a time, my screen goes completely black with no audio and my TV would only display the "no signal" message in the corner as if I've disconnected the cable. Sometimes even during bootup, I'll hear the audio of my log-in screen of my system but the screen will be completely black.

I've tried to use different HDMI cables and different HDMI inputs from my TV and I still get the same problem. It makes me think my problem is my PS4 and whatever "handshake" is going on between them is not consistently occuring. It's actually plagued me for a few months now but it was rare and I didn't pay much attention to it. However, last night it happened a lot more frequently that I decided to research it myself last night. One solution I came across that was shared by some users with similar issues was to change my video resolution to 1080i, disable the "deep color options", and disable the "HDCP" before enabling after again. I only did it right before I went to bed after having done my research so I haven't really gotten a chance to test it out. But this issue has me really concerned. Going through a warranty claim for an intermittent problem that a technician may not ever see may not do much good for me nor would I want to go through the trouble of selling and buying a new system.

Wasn't there people are launch that were having issues with the HDMI cable connecting to the system? Where the pins would break off or something?

The issue you seem to be having is new to me though. Does it only happen during boot up? Or does the signal cit out right in the middle of playing?

Wasn't there people are launch that were having issues with the HDMI cable connecting to the system? Where the pins would break off or something?

The issue you seem to be having is new to me though. Does it only happen during boot up? Or does the signal cit out right in the middle of playing?
Both. The boot up is occasional. The middle of gameplay randomly happens but last night it came up noticeably more than in the past when it used to only happen once during a session of gameplay. Last night, it happened probably 5 times.

I think the HDMI pin issue resulted in systems immediately never displaying to the TV at all. My issue happens less than 10% of the time. Although my usual fix was to adjust the position of my HDMI cable =/

Best thing to do is try it on another TV, if the same issue exists then you know it's the hardware.
I only have one but I tried my other TV input and the problem would occur still. So my guess is that my system is the source.

I am so behind on playing through my ps4 titles. I recently started infamous ss. I never played the first two titles (but I do own them). I have to say I am really enjoying it. it has a fair amount of cheese, but I like the variety of powers. it may be because I have nothing to compare it to since the is my first play in the series. I got first light when it was free a couple of months ago. my daughter also takes the time to root against my character and sides with the dup. not much of a post, but I thought I would share.

after this I have to decide between diablo III and shadows of mordor to play next. which one should I go with first. I was thinking mordor because I know diablo is going to own my life once I start it.

I am so behind on playing through my ps4 titles. I recently started infamous ss. I never played the first two titles (but I do own them). I have to say I am really enjoying it. it has a fair amount of cheese, but I like the variety of powers. it may be because I have nothing to compare it to since the is my first play in the series. I got first light when it was free a couple of months ago. my daughter also takes the time to root against my character and sides with the dup. not much of a post, but I thought I would share.

after this I have to decide between diablo III and shadows of mordor to play next. which one should I go with first. I was thinking mordor because I know diablo is going to own my life once I start it.
I second Mordor. It's a quicker play(though still 20+ hours depending on what all you do), and in my opinion is the better game. The voice acting ruined Diablo 3 for me... I never finished it despite pouring 30+ hours into the game.

I second Mordor. It's a quicker play(though still 20+ hours depending on what all you do), and in my opinion is the better game. The voice acting ruined Diablo 3 for me... I never finished it despite pouring 30+ hours into the game.
If you are pleying Diablo 3 for the story you are REALLY doing it wrong.

If you are pleying Diablo 3 for the story you are REALLY doing it wrong.

I didn't say anything about the story... I said the VA work was atrocious, which is widely known. Even so, if you overlook that I still wouldn't call it an amazing game. That one thing was so "nails on a chalkboard bad" that I gave up... I wasn't in love with the game to begin with, though.

I beat diablo 3 and sunk probably 200 hours into it on the ps4 alone (plus 200 on my 360) and absolutely live that game. For that reason I say go with Shadow of Mordor first.
I am currently playing it and about 34 hours into it and near the end of the story but a lot of side stuff to do still and debating if i Want to earn the plat or move on to something else.

I've never even heard of that game. Maybe ya'll need to stop playing crappy games and get back to playing better games like Bloodborne ;)
its a ps+ game and ill always try ps+ games. its a FPS roguelike and i like roguelikes so i thought id give it a shot. plus i platinumed bloodborne so theres nothing left else for me to do in that game.

Anyone playing Titan Souls? How is it? 

I definitely plan on picking it up, but am holding off for a better sale or freebie on PS+. I am occupied by Mortal Kombat X right now, but want to know what my fellow CAGs think. I hear it's hard and frustrating, but in all the right ways. 

bread's done
Back