Playstation 4 Pre-Order Amazon.com

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What if the launch one is the slim version and they eventually release a thick version?[/QUOTE]
Then the slim one will drop in price even more! Win Win!

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm gonna wait for the slim version and a price drop.

Thanks anyway OP.[/QUOTE]

This, I bought 3DS and over a year later the 3DS XL is released @ a reduced price with a better library of games available and more on the way. Backlog is big enough to keep me busy plus with the release of the PS4 means cheaper PS3 games to add to the backlog. Plus I like holiday bundle deals.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Makes me wonder if this will sell out or not considering the Wii U did not.[/QUOTE]

Amazon did not sell the Wii U.

This might be the first system I don't go day one on, I felt pretty burned the last time with the PS3, the price dropped $100 in a few months only for the damn thing to stop working right after the warranty expired.

Was there some bit of news or what not regarding the PS4 that makes a pre-order a must? I know the hoarders are already nabbing them up but I mean real gamers. I see a new touchpad controller and that's about it.

"Games already announced for the PlayStation 4 include first party titles Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous Second Son, Driveclub and Kn Games already announced for the PlayStation 4 include first party titles Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous Second Son, Driveclub and Knack as well as partner titles Destiny, Diablo III, Deep Down and Watch Dogs.ack as well as partner titles Destiny, Diablo III, Deep Down and Watch Dogs."

Someone needs to revise that page...

there are only a few games that max out the graphics potential of the PS3. No need to upgrade yet.
I guess i will wait until the PS4 get to the $200-$300 range while enjoying PS3 games for cheap

Console releases are bad. Especially for those of us who stick to the CAG title.

For me, I'll enjoy the constant flow of cheap games till the big price drops come along.

The PS3 will still be launching sweet titles for at least another 2 years. I'll hold off until then. Besides that, what honestly has improved enough to make you guys want one on day 1? Seriously.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']The PS3 will still be launching sweet titles for at least another 2 years. I'll hold off until then. Besides that, what honestly has improved enough to make you guys want one on day 1? Seriously.[/QUOTE]

it's been 7 years since the ps3 was released. the tech is significantly better. do i need one day one? no. do i want one day one? hell yes.

7 years is a long time in tech - it's about the difference between the psp and vita, the NES and the SNES, the PS2 and PS3... heck, the xbox and 360 were only 4 years apart.

As a general rule in the US, we have far better internet, far better televisions, and far better secondary devices (vita, tablets, etc) than we did 7 years ago. All of which a new gen console like the PS4 seeks to take advantage of.

So... yes, it's now it's time to catch up. As long as we can stomach the price.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I would LOL if the PS4 actually did somehow cost $1000. Just to see the mayhem it would create would be well worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'd still buy it.

If Final Fantasy Tactics 2 were a launch game for it.

:/ Nintendo's ad campaign was weak and they released while the economy was still crap and a hurricane tore up the east coast... and 360 and PS3 bundles were selling for insane bargains for the holidays so that didn't help Wii U much either. PS4 will probably have a much better launch simply because the economy will be much stronger.. and Sony is going all out to attract gamers. :eek: those history of PlayStation videos.. that's some good propaganda

[quote name='eXiON']Hmm.. decisions decisions. Funny enough I was super excited when the PS3 was announced, now 7 years later I can't really justify a new console. I have a bigass backlog on my PS3 and figure by the time I beat all of them the PS4 might already be cheaper.[/QUOTE]
Same here :)

[quote name='PublikDefender']just wait for the black friday deals. amazon's vita deal was the best. probably going to be the same for ps4[/QUOTE]
No it won't. The PS4 will be newly released on BF. The Vita was 9 months old. Huge difference.

[quote name='Fluxy']when the hype is down, it wont be that price for too long. Kids wont be able to afford it.[/QUOTE]

It's a placeholder price, not the console's actual price.

Pre-ordered and paid in full, had to call in to Amazon and request to pay the full thousand now, but they gave me free two day shipping.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']:/ Nintendo's ad campaign was weak and they released while the economy was still crap and a hurricane tore up the east coast... and 360 and PS3 bundles were selling for insane bargains for the holidays so that didn't help Wii U much either. PS4 will probably have a much better launch simply because the economy will be much stronger.. and Sony is going all out to attract gamers. :eek: those history of PlayStation videos.. that's some good propaganda[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah, no. The Wii U failed (and it's SO bad, I'm using the past-tense on purpose) because the very few games remotely appealing on it had already been out on other systems, for up to a yeah, they were BETTER on those older systems, and the older versions could be had for 25%-50% of the price of the Wii U version. Not to mention that the Wii U has LESS processing power than either the 360 or the PS3. It's not a bad next-gen system. It's a bad this-gen system. The only real surprising thing is that consumers agree. The Wii U, in January, sold fewer units than the 360 or PS3 has in ANY month. E-V-E-R. By a pretty wide margin.

[quote name='Fluxy']when the hype is down, it wont be that price for too long. Kids wont be able to afford it.[/QUOTE]

... because kids buy video game systems? Really? What is this, 1985? I thought we were past this stupidity. And it won't be a grand (obviously). It will be $400-500.

Edit: Actually, let's change that to about 1979, because that's how far back you have to go for video games in stores to be in the toy section instead of electronics.

Damnit. I had signed up to be notified when it went up and had the page bookmarked and checked it frantically, yet I had to be at work for the hour or two that they had it up and sold out. I also didn't get a notified otherwise I would have pre-ordered on my phone while I was at work. =|

[quote name='b3b0p']It will probably be released on Black Friday.

Does anyone else not care about new consoles this time?[/QUOTE]

I don't care as much but only because of my massive backlog.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't care as much but only because of my massive backlog.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat but the biggest reason my backlog continues to grow exponentially (besides my spending habits) is because this is the first generation where consoles do so much more then just gaming.

I like playing games and I spend a lot more time gaming 3-4 years ago but now I get just as much enjoyment from streaming HBO Go or watching a blu-ray or youtube or whatever.

Of course I'll be excited for the PS4 exclusives but I just hope that the PS4 can top the PS3 in terms of a media player / entertainment center.

Also I hope sony gets rights to the HBO GO App soon. I'd also like to see the MAX (Cinemax) GO app up on consoles as well as the Showtime Anywhere app.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm gonna wait for the slim version and a price drop.

Thanks anyway OP.[/QUOTE]

Good call, at least you won't have to worry about missing BC this time.

[quote name='b3b0p']It will probably be released on Black Friday.

Does anyone else not care about new consoles this time?[/QUOTE]

Right here mostly. I'm waiting for the DRM scheme announcement before making a final decision- if you can't trade in games there is asbolutely no point. At first I was pretty exciting but then I built a decent PC and the next gen just feels like more of the same. Just a few more reasons why; insanely cheap PC games , I'm sick of no BC, what to buy MS but will never pay for XBL again, and still have a bad taste in my mouth from this gen (RRoD- thankfully didn't get it, ylod-same, cutting BC).

I might just stick with the PS3 and PC setup for a while.

I hate buying launch consoles, because they never last. Like ever. I think every launch console I've ever purchased has malfunctioned in some way. Actually, no. My Sega Saturn and Gamecube are still working. Nintendo consoles usually last.

But man, I really want Watch Dogs on nextgen and that will be a launch title.

Day one for sure, can't pass up Killzone. I loved Killzone 3, the online was awesome and hope this builds on it.

Add Watch Dogs and a next gen COD, it's too much. Can't wait.

I was a late comer on the Sega/SNES era. Day one 32X! Skipped sega CD. I was week one for the N64, and a year late to Playstation. Skipped Saturn. Dreamcast was already dying when I got one. I think I was day one Xbox. I bought a couple PS2's around launch with the shortage in full force. Flipped one for profit. I got the 360 about 1 year and a half into it, the RRD was already wide spread panic, so I bought the extended warranty. I got a PS3 slim on the day of release. The GameStop I got it at had a line of 20some people waiting for the delivery of the slims. Waited 2 hours. LOL.
I would love to get the new PS4 at launch or the 720 but I don't see it happening. The 360 is my primary system but Sony won me over with the announcement. MS it's your turn.

I will be interested in seeing what the launch options are. Kotaku had "sources" saying there were two SKU's coming out, with one being $100 more.

http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-th...d-youll-be-able-to-control-it-with-your-phone

With no vita price drop announced stateside and with all the vita integration, maybe a PS4/vita launch bundle. I love my vita and what they announced as far as remote play is a big reason I am getting a PS4 day one.

[quote name='Deader2818']Yeah, its why they are the back up. My store is pretty good at this kinda stuff though and they know me pretty well there.[/QUOTE]

lol i think its funny how cagers say how their local bby rep or gs rep knows them pretty well. its not a good thing iv worked retail nd if u came in often...prob talk shit lol

[quote name='affa']it's been 7 years since the ps3 was released. the tech is significantly better. do i need one day one? no. do i want one day one? hell yes.

7 years is a long time in tech - it's about the difference between the psp and vita, the NES and the SNES, the PS2 and PS3... heck, the xbox and 360 were only 4 years apart.

As a general rule in the US, we have far better internet, far better televisions, and far better secondary devices (vita, tablets, etc) than we did 7 years ago. All of which a new gen console like the PS4 seeks to take advantage of.

So... yes, it's now it's time to catch up. As long as we can stomach the price.[/QUOTE]

OK, so what we know for sure is that the graphics are prettier on the PS4. Obviously. With better hardware, it's a given. But what does it do, functionally, that the PS3 doesn't? It's just a simple question.

fuck

I'm really upset that I missed pre-ordering
honestly, im thinking they didnt put a limit on preorders and they are legitimately out of them

The eBay gods will awaken from their rest and the masses will come to their calling. Be ready for the flood and the apocalypses of 2013. Yes, PS4 for $1,200 with countless of funny pictures and sad stories. The eBay gods will be pleased.

[quote name='oasisboy']The eBay gods will awaken from their rest and the masses will come to their calling. Be ready for the flood and the apocalypses of 2013. Yes, PS4 for $1,200 with countless of funny pictures and sad stories. The eBay gods will be pleased.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee 90% of early pre orders are people hoping to cash in on eBay. Hopefully production is higher this time around. I remember waiting at Kmart only to find out they had 1 PS3 for sale at midnight, and everyone there was talking about dumping it on eBay.

[quote name='PublikDefender']just wait for the black friday deals. amazon's vita deal was the best. probably going to be the same for ps4[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

No difference between excitement for a handheld at a high price and a new console. Also who cares if the Vita came out months and months before Black Friday while the PS4 will probably come out the Sunday before Black Friday. Couldn't cause a stock shortage of any sort.

Of course Amazon will have a great PS4 deal that day, logically guys, logically! :roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I guarantee 90% of early pre orders are people hoping to cash in on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Only 1 out of 10 people buying a PS4, actually want a PS4!

If you're going to make up statistics on the spot, you could at least try to make them somewhat reasonable.

[quote name='blindinglights']Only 1 out of 10 people buying a PS4, actually want a PS4!

If you're going to make up statistics on the spot, you could at least try to make them somewhat reasonable.[/QUOTE]
1 of 10= 9 that don't want it, so 9/10 =90% though so its exactly the same as your math :lol:

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Right here mostly. I'm waiting for the DRM scheme announcement before making a final decision- if you can't trade in games there is asbolutely no point. At first I was pretty exciting but then I built a decent PC and the next gen just feels like more of the same. Just a few more reasons why; insanely cheap PC games , I'm sick of no BC, what to buy MS but will never pay for XBL again, and still have a bad taste in my mouth from this gen (RRoD- thankfully didn't get it, ylod-same, cutting BC).

I might just stick with the PS3 and PC setup for a while.[/QUOTE]

Ign already confirmed no used block

[quote name='rjbooth']Ign already confirmed no used block[/QUOTE]

Actually they didn't. Sony simply said the PS4 will play used games. They said nothing about restricting publishers from implementing activation schemes that lock a game to a particular console or user or account or that require additional payments for multiplayer passes. In fact, they didn't even clearly state that they (Sony) won't implement some similar scheme. I personally believe they will allow used games at least initially just like Microsoft will, but given how PC-like both the Durango and PS4 will be, locked games are probably just a few short years away on both platforms.

[quote name='Sludgepond']Signed up for GameStop's first to know list. Good luck to me on getting a PS4 on launch day :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Why? Being on that GS list won't assure the people on the list get a reserve first, right? For the Wii and PS3 (maybe 360 too, that was before my time on CAG) there was a bunch of chatter on these boards about when GS stores would start reserves a few days in advance. I imagine the same thing will happen this time, so it's just a matter of being at the store early enough on the day pre-orders start, which we'll probably all know at least a couple of days in advance. Just save up a vacation day/hope there's no big projects at work/hope there's nothing going on at school and just block that day out for a PS4 reserve.

bread's done
Back