Playstation 4 Pre-Order Amazon.com

Fellow CAG picked me up a new one on clearance for $90 shipped, will be revisiting some PSP games when I get it. When I use the dual shock 3 I can set the right stick to whatever input I want, right (kind of like with the vita)?

as of right now I don't see the big deal with the ps4! they didn't use the full power of the ps3! the ps3 had the better Graphics chip, Processor, Free online, and Sony still got it's ass handed to them by MS Xbox live! on most of the side by side demos of games xbox looked better! I'm saying this bc I love sony! and I want to believe that they are going to put out a system that will do something great.. but I just don't have faith in sony anymore! Keep hope alive!

[quote name='knightsmith']as of right now I don't see the big deal with the ps4! they didn't use the full power of the ps3! the ps3 had the better Graphics chip, Processor, Free online, and Sony still got it's ass handed to them by MS Xbox live! on most of the side by side demos of games xbox looked better! I'm saying this bc I love sony! and I want to believe that they are going to put out a system that will do something great.. but I just don't have faith in sony anymore! Keep hope alive![/QUOTE]

Actually no the ps3 did not have as good of a graphics chipset it did have the better processor. Plus Sony sold at a loss for 4 years till they finally started seeing real profit. Plus we saw the full potential of the PS3 in Uncharted and Killzone series. And Uncharted suffered for it because the system really couldn't handle it entirely. With the new system there is a ton more breathing room. And 8gb of dedicated 8gb gaming only memory can't be underestimated. The level of polygon count alone is now going to be beyond reproach on the PS4. Its HIGH time we have a new system. WHO CARES about graphics improvements really though thats NOTHING in comparison to all the little things we are missing on consoles that people don't think about. And probably won't think about even as these nextgen consoles release and will gratuitously take advantage of without question and still people will want more... Im still a firm believer that we should have seen these consoles LAST YEAR for about 100$ more a piece. I feel like the systems are far too late honestly.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Actually no the ps3 did not have as good of a graphics chipset it did have the better processor. Plus Sony sold at a loss for 4 years till they finally started seeing real profit. Plus we saw the full potential of the PS3 in Uncharted and Killzone series. And Uncharted suffered for it because the system really couldn't handle it entirely. With the new system there is a ton more breathing room. And 8gb of dedicated 8gb gaming only memory can't be underestimated. The level of polygon count alone is now going to be beyond reproach on the PS4. Its HIGH time we have a new system. WHO CARES about graphics improvements really though thats NOTHING in comparison to all the little things we are missing on consoles that people don't think about. And probably won't think about even as these nextgen consoles release and will gratuitously take advantage of without question and still people will want more... Im still a firm believer that we should have seen these consoles LAST YEAR for about 100$ more a piece. I feel like the systems are far too late honestly.[/QUOTE]

Feel you on the systems are late to hit the streets.... Just Dream Bigger is all I have to say to sony and ms!

I'm looking forward to pre-ordering the PS4 when it is available, I really liked the conference points and if they keep up PS+, it'll be a nice system.

To those saying the PS3 was technically better, Sony made one crucial flaw with the PS3, that is RAM. They heavily cut-corners cost-wise on RAM for the sake of the CELL and Bluray. PS3 was light years behind out of the gate because the online infrastructure that MS set up allowed so many things that the PS3 couldn't do.

Stream your own music, cross game chat, in-game xmb to check messages...I think people forget that one most of all. When the PS3 released, for over a year when someone sent you a message, you had to quit game in order to check it. All of these problems were due to ram. So between launch price and inferior online features, everyone flocked to the 360.

Now that Sony is listening to developers to give them a console they don't have to struggle building games on and have included enough open hardware to allow flexibility in multi-tasking, things should be way different for Sony this time around.

Personally, i find it difficult to stay with Microsoft if features will finally be identical online except MS wants to charge you $60 / yr ($30 CAG / yr) to access their network. I think MS will have a lot to prove in order to keep their following...

[quote name='yantelope']This is not accurate. There is a possibility that used games will function but no guarantee you won't have to pay a fee to make the work or something similar. Sony is playing coy about this.

Also, the internet connection is not always-on type. That doesn't mean you don't need an internet connection.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/21/yoshida-used-games-caveat/[/QUOTE]

It may not be required to be always on, but it will certainly be capable. That's how cross play works currently on the vita.

[quote name='yantelope']This is not accurate. There is a possibility that used games will function but no guarantee you won't have to pay a fee to make the work or something similar. Sony is playing coy about this.

Also, the internet connection is not always-on type. That doesn't mean you don't need an internet connection.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/21/yoshida-used-games-caveat/[/QUOTE]

I agree that Sony is playing coy about this. However, I see both sides being possible...

In one regard, they could say, "used games will work after a $10 registration code purchase"

But on the other hand, that will require an internet connection and they've been pretty adamant about saying they don't want to go fully internet dependent for the sake of customers in shoddy internet regions.

[quote name='KryllFood']I agree that Sony is playing coy about this. However, I see both sides being possible...

In one regard, they could say, "used games will work after a $10 registration code purchase"

But on the other hand, that will require an internet connection and they've been pretty adamant about saying they don't want to go fully internet dependent for the sake of customers in shoddy internet regions.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Seems like they're pushing things digital hard.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/77964/every-playstation-4-game-to-be-downloadable

I can easily see it being a PC type of DRM where every game has a key and is locked to every user and an internet connection is required to activate every game. If you read the tea leaves and mutterings from Sony that seems to be the direction they are taking.

One good thing about DRM codes is they would likely be printed on a pepper in the case. If those were needed to be played used, GS couldn't sell used without them. Maybe this is the end of disc only used games at GS!

My question is what happens with PS+? Is that going to stay locked onto the PS3 or will they offer some sort of "transfer"? I don't see how that would work seeing how the PS4 won't even play PS3 games. Will they discontinue the service? Better get your "free" games in now.

In case anyone didn't know, you can sign up to be notified when Amazon gets the PS4 back up for preorder again.

[quote name='crunchewy']My question is what happens with PS+? Is that going to stay locked onto the PS3 or will they offer some sort of "transfer"? I don't see how that would work seeing how the PS4 won't even play PS3 games. Will they discontinue the service? Better get your "free" games in now.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet that the whole Gaikai service will be only for PS+ subscribers. That being said, even with the PS4 not being backwards compatible with PS3 titles, the Gaikai ability to just stream games would be more than enough to keep up w/ games you already had.

If they do it right, the Gaikai system could check your purchase history and anything you've ever downloaded could be accessible via your streaming library...It'd be kind of like Steam except all streamed.

anyone shipping status changed to "shipping soon" for those who pre-ordered this back in february? or at least the placeholder price of $1000 changed to $399?

bread's done
Back