PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

"you think I can switch my TV to 720p, it's just a thought process i'm having" Does this dude think he has an xbone or something? LOL that stream is entertaining as hell.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but have there been any free games for the PS4 with PSN plus announced/planned yet (other than free to play stuff of course, which will always be free?)

Not sure if this has been discussed, but have there been any free games for the PS4 with PSN plus announced/planned yet (other than free to play stuff of course, which will always be free?)
Contrast is the only one for now, it took the place of DriveClub, which will also be free upon release. I think that's the only planned one, but I could be mistaken.

Edit: Yep, Resogun too! Can't believe I forgot about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look for Resogun and it looked pretty fun. Contrast looks interesting, but I'm still on the fence about if I'll like it or not. I'll still download it though.
I played a demo of contrast at Gamestop and I thought it was super fun.The reviews aren't as high as I expected, but it's free for ps+ members so we don't have to worry about buying it.

Well my PS4 finally shipped from Amazon and I noticed it left from their AZ distributor. I am keeping my fingers crossed but based off of my order history everything I have ordered that shipped out from AZ has arrived to me the following day in southern CA. Unless they have something labeled on the box to not deliver before 11/15/13 which is entirely possible, I might get lucky. Now I am just hoping I don't have any issues either as some people have been reporting...  :whistle2:k

Got my shipped confirmation tonight. So excited that it is finally happening.

Also very worried, though, considering all of the broken console reports appearing on the Internet.

Ok I'm done with that stream, that guy is clearly a moron.

Got my shipped confirmation tonight. So excited that it is finally happening.

Also very worried, though, considering all of the broken console reports appearing on the Internet.
I think there's been about five documented cases so far. Of course some will fail with thousands being sent out. It happens with all products like this, but unless there's a significant percentage this shouldn't even be thought about or paid attention to yet.

Really? C'mon son.

I don't think Spike TV is as cool as Kojima thinks it is...
1000 ways to die. Nuff said. :p

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but Killzone, BF 4, & Madden all come with 7-day PS Plus trial codes. NFS does not even though it's also an EA game, not sure about FIFA or Knack as I didn't buy those from Target. NBA 2K14 & AC 4 do not have them either.

Of course there is a 30-day code in the system box.

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but Killzone, BF 4, & Madden all come with 7-day PS Plus trial codes. NFS does not even though it's also an EA game, not sure about FIFA or Knack as I didn't buy those from Target. NBA 2K14 & AC 4 do not have them either.

Just to add on, Call of Duty Ghosts has a 7 day trial code packed in too.

I think those trials only good if you're first time PS+ user?

So Amazon charged me sales tax on my PS4 even though I preordered before they started charging tax in my state... is there anything I can do to fight this? I would've just preordered in NH where there is no sales tax if I knew this was gonna happen :/
Contact Amazon and see if they'll credit you back the tax or something.

Amazon is finally preparing mine for shipment.

that guy has been doing it for 10 hours :/ by a hour or so i would be like enough of this and just wait for the box from sony.
He's still doing it! WTF?! He is being paid by MS!

So Amazon charged me sales tax on my PS4 even though I preordered before they started charging tax in my state... is there anything I can do to fight this? I would've just preordered in NH where there is no sales tax if I knew this was gonna happen :/
I'd recommend writing your congressman and demand the state stop taxing sales....

You can return it and rebuy it from a retailer that doesn't charge you sales tax but keep in mind that you are still responsible for paying taxes. As far as I know every state in the union has some form of use tax that makes you responsible to pay the equivalent of sales tax on items that retailers do not tax you on. Will your state government go after you for the tax? Probably not. The law is on the books, but most of the time it's not worth their time to pursue people to collect on taxes owed. Now if you were buying a boat or a car online and avoided paying the sales tax there's a significantly higher chance you'll be receiving a notice from your state about the taxes you owe.

Contact Amazon and see if they'll credit you back the tax or something.
But it isn't Amazon's fault. If they do give him back the credit then all I can say is Amazon will do anything to maintain customer satisfaction,
Me too. I primarily play PC, so I don't need it, but man, does the playroom look fun to play with, and I'd love to pick one up for local multiplayer games.
Unfortunately there isn't any. Only exclusive local co op game is knack, and that is designed for adult kid combo, where the second player is purely supportive.

bread's done
Back