PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So apparently my GameStop where my reservation was made only did pre-orders so it was the saddest, emptiest looking store open for launch ever. I drove around a bit and didn't see any lines in the area. Might swing by Tempe Marketplace and see if anyone's in line at Target or Best Buy or even the GameStop over there.
I stopped by the sprint store a little over an hour ago and noticed the same thing, I ran into the manager wandering and when I asked him about it he said all the pre-orders got paid off early and the extra 12 that they received were sold also to the people that had been waiting since the morning.

My local Walmart had nine consoles that weren't pre-ordered. I was the first in line about four hours before launch, the ninth person showed up around 11:30. That was it, nobody else showed up and the store sold out. Shockingly, it went perfectly. 

This makes me happy to hear. I'm glad to see this kind of availability. It means I should have no problem finding one on Nov. 5th when I get 25% off anything at Walmart!

This is so confusing now - i am a prime member...do i take my chance tomorrow morning at target and costco (exec member) or just order from amazon and wait till tuesday for delivery.
Order from Amazon but still go out looking for a unit. If you find one in the morning just cancel or return your Amazon order.

This is so confusing now - i am a prime member...do i take my chance tomorrow morning at target and costco (exec member) or just order from amazon and wait till tuesday for delivery.
i think Saturday delivery is +$12?

you could order and hope that it doesn't ship before you make your visit to those stores

i64XfSOARNlkM.gif

So apparently my GameStop where my reservation was made only did pre-orders so it was the saddest, emptiest looking store open for launch ever. I drove around a bit and didn't see any lines in the area. Might swing by Tempe Marketplace and see if anyone's in line at Target or Best Buy or even the GameStop over there.
Most people probably paid the console off and went home. No point in hanging out if you have a number.

At my store they also let the people who didn't preorder one, get in line at 6pm as well. So they are paid off and have a number too.

Some people may come back to my local store at 10pm because they were going to hook up a PS4 so people could play until midnight if they wanted.

Question about the digital upgrades, I was reading the page for Battlefield 4, and it says something about not being able to download till November 29th?

Is that a glitch? Or is it true, going to be really pissed if I'm paying 10$ to wait 2 weeks to play something I have in my hands

Anyones hdmi seem like it went in really hard? I was freaking out after I got it in and the tv still said no signal so I turned it off and back on boy was I relieved when it worked haha

Servers are definitely bogged down. Taking over 45 minutes just for a 323 MB patch.

Patch only took me three minutes to download hung on preparing to install deleted and re installed worked fine then

I hate you all. :) Dec. 5th is what I meant. The coupon is for anyone who works Black Friday and my wife works there. Too bad it's not as good as last year when we got 50% off.
LOL. Wal-Mart using coupons to try and take away some of the heat they get for making their employees work on Thanksgiving. Does it work?

Must be my shitty time warner cable connection then. Wish Verizon would install fios around here...
I honestly must say, I miss Time Warner. There was this weird agreement where Comcast and Time Warner traded some cities. Now, Comcast has a monopoly in my neck of the woods. Awful company. Awful awful awful. Did I say awful? I really hope Google does fiber in my area down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be my shitty time warner cable connection then. Wish Verizon would install fios around here...

Haha weird I actually have time warner too but I live in a small town so maybe less congestion

anyone else surprised by how quickly killzone booted up to play?  i figured i would have to load something the first time i pop'd it in.

anyone else surprised by how quickly killzone booted up to play? i figured i would have to load something the first time i pop'd it in.

Can't get on to download killzone or anything at all but nba 2k14 was fast to get into its 2% done and would only let me do quick game at that point

Hey all, just plugged in my shiny new ps4 and I cant get any video output? Am I boned?

Dunno if it helps but when I first turned it on I got no signal too and was freaking out turned it off and on again had no trouble since

What's the point of Joystiq's "Network Status" in the sidebar?
http://www.joystiq.com/

PlayStation Network
Fully armed and operational.

Hey all, just plugged in my shiny new ps4 and I cant get any video output? Am I boned?
My new PS3 a few weeks back had an HDMI problem: TV said "no output" could be read. I had to hold the power button until I heard the SECOND beep and let go IMMEDIATELY for it to "handshake" or whatever it needed for the HDMI connection to work (which it did). Could be worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, guess I'll just play Knack for now then. Was hoping BF4 would be a quick download, but according to my PS4 it'll take atleast 3 days. And no idea when they are gonna put Injustice up

bread's done
Back