PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

on a side note now that its available for 399 on amazon.. i feel sorry for those guys who bought it for 599+ off of ebay etc lol...and for the ppl looking to reselll

on a side note now that its available for 399 on amazon.. i feel sorry for those guys who bought it for 599+ off of ebay etc lol...and for the ppl looking to reselll
999+ lol, I guess Jack Tretton wasn't lying when he mentioned Sony is holding some back for launch.

HAHa Joey doing the Banderas was cool! NEXT GEN IS HAS ARRIVED!!! Can't wait for the VGA's, definitely gonna see some more Uncharted there.UPS dude please dont deliver my PS4 at 6pm!

This whole presentation has been hugely underwhelming
I actually enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to BB tonight. I'll just go tomorrow morning. Can barely stay awake, and I couldn't leave for 20 min anyway( ...kids....wife gets home from work in 20)

Good news my Knack sold on eBay. So KZ and Lego total cost is around 41.30 from B2G1.

Amazon just put some up, I just bought one of the Launch edition ones for $399.
Damn man, much thanks. I JUST ordered the Kindle+PS4 bundle then cancelled after just realizing I can't afford to be spending that kind of money right now. Then low and behold I check out CAG and see your post. Got one with Saturday delivery.

dang so tempting to order one. but i think i will hold out for second son bundle and trade in my 360/ps3 to help pay for it.

Damn man, much thanks. I JUST ordered the Kindle+PS4 bundle then cancelled after just realizing I can't afford to be spending that kind of money right now. Then low and behold I check out CAG and see your post. Got one with Saturday delivery.
Great! I also got Saturday delivery. I'm extremely happy because I was able to get both next-gen consoles on launch, and paid for both of them entirely on trade-in credit.

Hey guys, have you heard Amazon has PS4's in stock? Lol sorry, had to join to party and post the obvious

For UPS it isn't (or isn't supposed to be). If the package requires a signature, and the driver leaves it without one or with a note, and you later claim non receipt, that driver is gonna get in deep shit.
If you sign the back of the UPS InfoNotice, it's the same as signing in person and they will leave the package. Perhaps they're not supposed to treat a homemade note the same as an InfoNotice, but my guy always does.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully the all are units are working ones. Those damn news on units not outputting videos is making me worry.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully the all are units are working ones. Those damn news on units not outputting videos is making me worry.

One the guy unplugged it while updating, the other the hdmi cable wasn't plugged in all the way. I wouldn't be to worried.

The problem was idiots jamming in the HDMI cable, it damaged the cable and the port. Kotaku put up a video explaining that while somehow still making it sound like it was a Sony problem.

Flipping an item that costs this much will be tough in this economy. I got one for myself and will probably sell one with Killzone for $500 to get some XBox One money, or honestly will just sell it to a co-worker.

srac84 said:
I like how on the product page they offer to give you $342.07 trade-in value for it. That is damn good for a $400 console - but still, methinks it is a little too soon to even offer a trade-in price for it ;).

.UPS dude please dont deliver my PS4 at 6pm!
This. I'm regretting not pre-ordering from Best Buy or Gamestop instead of being cheap and trying to save tax from Amazon. In hindsight I should have paid the extra $30.xx and I'd be playing tonight.

Update just finished, here I come next gen!

Also holy crapballs this controller feels amazing. I cant wait to go back and try it on some PS3 stuff

they told us not to worry, they said they were prepared to sell three million by the end of the year.  thats a ton when you consider they are launching side by side the xbox.  shoot that would probably be a new record at launch besides. i hope they do it, but i also hope Microsoft does well.  aint nothin' like some healthy competition between the two companies.

360 helped pave the way for all the features in the ps4.

It depends on the item, considering the size and value of the package, it's HIGHLY unlikely that Amazon would allow UPS to leave them without a signature.
I could tell by looking at the tracking number that it wont require a signature and the Driver will leave it unless instructed to do otherwise. I've delivered thousands of Amazon packages and only one has ever required a signature, I'm almost positive it was that way because the buyer instructed it to be this way.

Does anyone have experience with FedEx standard overnight? What time do they usually deliver?
They get there when they get there, if you have an idea when the overnight (not the ground) are in your area might be your best guess.

Spent $13.62 for Knack and Killzone (Amazon B1G1 Free + Credit)

About $120 for COD Ghost, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and Battlefield 4 and got 2x $5 Giftcards for pre-order the games (I couldn't get on the 30% Target coupon though)

$83.96 on my PS4 Console (Gift Credit which I probably originally spent $100 on flipping back and forth from Best Buy to Gamestop until I got tired of it)

Might be essentially getting my second DS4 free one my trade-in processes through. Probably have to pay tax though.

So all in all not bad. I'll probably sell CoD though since I'm just going to upgrade my PS3 version. Spent like $320 out of pocket for the whole shebang. 

dang i missed it. so thats big banderas thing they were teasing? woow. i need a gif Shu doing banderas asap!
fWyoEV0.gif

I could tell by looking at the tracking number that it wont require a signature and the Driver will leave it unless instructed to do otherwise. I've delivered thousands of Amazon packages and only one has ever required a signature, I'm almost positive it was that way because the buyer instructed it to be this way.

Amazon made me sign for a tv. That's about it.

They get there when they get there, if you have an idea when the overnight (not the ground) are in your area might be your best guess.
Watch out for signatures with Saturday delivery, at least with FedEx in my area. I'll be stationed at my house till mine arrives Saturday...waiting with the door open too, since the piece of crap FedEx driver likes to not ring the bell and then leave an undelivered package note behind.

My PS4 finally shipped about 3 hours ago; talk about cutting it close Amazon.  Should have it tomorrow and somehow my NFS is now listed as pre-ordered, release date of. . .uh, today.  Don't know why they let people use the coupon early before everyone else could order it on Tuesday, but thanks for that Amazon. -_-

And wow was that Spike event boring.  Zero legitimate surprises and certainly nothing "mind-blowing".

So apparently my GameStop where my reservation was made only did pre-orders so it was the saddest, emptiest looking store open for launch ever. I drove around a bit and didn't see any lines in the area. Might swing by Tempe Marketplace and see if anyone's in line at Target or Best Buy or even the GameStop over there.

This is so confusing now - i am a prime member...do i take my chance tomorrow morning at target and costco (exec member) or just order from amazon and wait till tuesday for delivery.

If a walmart pre orderers gets there system,  could you tell me how easy it was to get?   Was ur system set aside?

bread's done
Back