PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

My prediction is Sony will release in October. I think Sony is going with something close to the PS2 game plan and will release sometime between October 22nd and October 29th. October starts the holiday season for retail so it falls under holiday 2013. PS2 released on Thursday October 26th 2000. October 29th is a brilliant day because AssCreed 4 and Battlefield 4 also release that day, however if Sony is hoping to push first party titles I can see them releasing a week prior which is why I could see it being the 22nd, or if they release on a Thursday again then the 24th.
I hope your assumptions are correct. I'd love to have my PS4 in October.

Hey so I kinda procrastinated on pre-ordering, so basically there are two options left for me.  Walmart or Target.  Target is kinda hazy when it will be shipped and Walmart's site says that it will be shipped on launch day.  So I was thinking Walmart.  Is there any reason not to pre-order through walmart?  Any bad previous experience?

Did they just end up getting it a few days later? I'm fine with that. I just want to make sure I get a ps4 within a week or so after launch
Walmart isn't really that bad of a place to pre-order stuff from. Usually people find extra stock of high demand products at Walmart. I would stay far away from Target though, they really suck at pre-orders for the website and in-store from my experience. The latest was the pikachu 3ds xl fiasco a few months back.

Out of the current stores taking PS4 pre-orders, I rank...

1. Sony Store
  2. Walmart
  3. Best Buy
  4. Target

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a GameCube launch day from Wal-mart back in the day.  Just went and got in line around 8pm and waited to buy at Midnight.  I stopped shopping there years ago though, so I can't speak to how recent launches have been, nor how their online preorders work.

I plan on pre-ordering my PS4 this week at Best Buy in a physical store coz I've got credit there, do you guys know if they're still taking orders? How is BB with ordering new systems? I always pre-order the day reserves open at GameStop so I'm really behind but haven't had the money. Any tips with Pre-ordering in store from BB?

I plan on pre-ordering my PS4 this week at Best Buy in a physical store coz I've got credit there, do you guys know if they're still taking orders? How is BB with ordering new systems? I always pre-order the day reserves open at GameStop so I'm really behind but haven't had the money. Any tips with Pre-ordering in store from BB?
As far as the Bb employee told me, you will get one as you get the preorder in. Their psfour preorder is taking way too long to phase out compare to Xboxone. So who knows you're guess is good as mine. But take it from me, there will be very low low numbers unit available for walk in customers. Both of new systems are likely all gone come this holiday.

BestBuy RewardZone Program members private shopping event

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/RewardZone-Shopping-Event/pcmcat245400050009.c?id=pcmcat245400050009&ref=56loc=155

ONE NIGHT ONLY Date: Sunday, July 28 Time: 7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. Where: Select Stores
¹Must provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Pre-order of package products must be on same transaction (one console, one controller, plus one game – all of one platform). Must purchase and pick up package within 7 days of street date. Eligible members will receive 1000 Reward Zone points (worth $20 reward certificate) for Console and Controller purchase, and 500 Reward Zone points (worth $10 reward certificate) for Game title purchase. Limit one Xbox One and PS4 package per member. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of complete package pickup or shipment. Limit one bonus point offer per membership. Follow instructions on MyRewardZone.com to issue your Reward Certificate. Employees are not eligible for offer. Offer valid only between 7:30pm – 9:30pm in store at the Reward Zone Private Shopping Event.
BBY_20130717_MyStatement_27.jpg

BestBuy RewardZone Program members private shopping event

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/RewardZone-Shopping-Event/pcmcat245400050009.c?id=pcmcat245400050009&ref=56loc=155

ONE NIGHT ONLY Date: Sunday, July 28 Time: 7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. Where: Select Stores
¹Must provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Pre-order of package products must be on same transaction (one console, one controller, plus one game – all of one platform). Must purchase and pick up package within 7 days of street date. Eligible members will receive 1000 Reward Zone points (worth $20 reward certificate) for Console and Controller purchase, and 500 Reward Zone points (worth $10 reward certificate) for Game title purchase. Limit one Xbox One and PS4 package per member. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of complete package pickup or shipment. Limit one bonus point offer per membership. Follow instructions on MyRewardZone.com to issue your Reward Certificate. Employees are not eligible for offer. Offer valid only between 7:30pm – 9:30pm in store at the Reward Zone Private Shopping Event.
BBY_20130717_MyStatement_27.jpg

So if I pre order the ps4, how many Reward points will we get?
If you follow that deal, you'll get 1500, plus the normal 400 for the console, 60 (120 if GC/U member) for the controller and 60 (120 if GC/U member) for the game. More if you're premier silver (plus 25% on base of each total).

Since GC is free, there's no reason you should get less than 2020 ($40).

If you follow that deal, you'll get 1500, plus the normal 400 for the console, 60 (120 if GC/U member) for the controller and 60 (120 if GC/U member) for the game. More if you're premier silver (plus 25% on base of each total).

Since GC is free, there's no reason you should get less than 2020 ($40).

Hmm I have $400 worth of amazon , you think it's a good idea to buy $400 worth of BB GC and get those certificate or just go with Amazon

Hmm I have $400 worth of amazon , you think it's a good idea to buy $400 worth of BB GC and get those certificate or just go with Amazon
Depends if you think Amazon is going to match or do something good too. I would say it's worth it IF you want to get the extra controller. If not, avoid it.

Depends if you think Amazon is going to match or do something good too. I would say it's worth it IF you want to get the extra controller. If not, avoid it.

Oh, it is you buy an extra controller I see, anyways I see that they are not having this event as my BB anyways haha

Son of a bitch....already pre-ordered from Best Buy.  Used my GC's and RZ certs, so I don't want the hassle of cancelling and re-ordering.  Ugh

just preordered a ps4 on bestbuy. paid for express shipping which says it guarantees launch day delivery. anybody have experience with best buy's launch day guarantees? I want this bad boy on launch day, and if there is a chance I might not get it then I would rather take my chances at going to a target or walmart for a midnight launch.

I have a Amazon PS4 Launch Edition. I wont gonna get it. I was gonna cancel it but decided to pass the Preorder

*Can't post proof cuz Can't post links yet

I have a Amazon PS4 Launch Edition. I wont gonna get it. I was gonna cancel it but decided to pass the Preorder

*Can't post proof cuz Can't post links yet

I have $400 in Amazon! Where should I pre order to get the fastest way of getting the PS4? For every day you pre order late on amazon, does it take an extra day to get the ps4?

I have $400 in Amazon! Where should I pre order to get the fastest way of getting the PS4? For every day you pre order late on amazon, does it take an extra day to get the ps4?
everyday you wait it will take longer but by a unknown amount of time, as it based on systems in stock, if their 50 people waiting before your pre order those 50 get it first then next available will be yours

everyday you wait it will take longer but by a unknown amount of time, as it based on systems in stock, if their 50 people waiting before your pre order those 50 get it first then next available will be yours

No way! So the faster I pre order the better ?! Wow I wish I knew this weeks ago

just preordered a ps4 on bestbuy. paid for express shipping which says it guarantees launch day delivery. anybody have experience with best buy's launch day guarantees? I want this bad boy on launch day, and if there is a chance I might not get it then I would rather take my chances at going to a target or walmart for a midnight launch.

You think you're just gonna be able to stroll into a walmart at midnight and get a PS4 at launch? People will be camped out for DAYS.

You guys are wrong. Obviously the PlayStation 4 will launch on November 12, 2013. 11/12/13 is such a good date to launch on.
Well hopefully its earlier than that.....like last week of October. Maybe Sony didn't really want to reveal the month to make one last big surprise and beat Microsoft.

11/21/13 is my prediction. Plus The Sun ran a advertisement saying 11/21/13 and it's a very popular newspaper so I doubt they pulled that date out of the air. Then again that's the UK and it's possible we would get it a bit earlier in the US.

Plus releasing it at around that time would make sense since these games would be out already:

We have these coming:

Battlefield 4 - Oct 29th

Assassin's Creed 3 - Oct 29th

COD: Ghosts - Nov 6th

Watch Dogs - Nov 22nd [counting, since it's only one day]

I wouldn't mind being wrong however. lol

good question i remember hearing other countries   has different power supply wattage so their a chance you could not plug in a usa ps4 but in till it in are hands an someone tries won't know for sure

GUYS, I called Sony and they said if you pre order through the phone from now until 4 (Pacific time), you will be the "first batch of customers to get priority", part of a one day promotion according to the lady. I specifically asked, "Am I guaranteed a console on release day", and she said yes. I only have Amazon Credit so I pre ordered there.

GUYS, I called Sony and they said if you pre order through the phone from now until 4 (Pacific time), you will be the "first batch of customers to get priority", part of a one day promotion according to the lady. I specifically asked, "Am I guaranteed a console on release day", and she said yes. I only have Amazon Credit so I pre ordered there.zza

On Amazon, does it matter what shipping option you choose when you pre order the standard edition? Why is the tax so damn much too lol
they take your area tax if your state makes you pay tax here in wi we got no tax :) for online items shipping is what it says seeing amazong is sold out of launch day systems

they take your area tax if your state makes you pay tax here in wi we got no tax :) for online items shipping is what it says seeing amazong is sold out of launch day systems

:eek: so luckyy! The total came out to be $445, hopefully mine gets upgraded to launch day, I have one day shipping.

I think it's been that way for a while, I put a PS4 in my cart as soon as they were available for preorder but I didn't actually place the order until about ten days ago cause I didn't think i'd have the money for it. well it turns out I do with the gamestop promo going on, and I was given the "standard edition" so I have no idea when i'll actually get my PS4.

bread's done
Back