PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

6/13.

Oh a month ago ok, I thought that happened yesterday , I pre ordered and cancelled mine two times before finally pre ordering it for the 3rd time. Amazon better get more in stock, I paid $10 for one day shipping lol

I think it's been that way for a while, I put a PS4 in my cart as soon as they were available for preorder but I didn't actually place the order until about ten days ago cause I didn't think i'd have the money for it. well it turns out I do with the gamestop promo going on, and I was given the "standard edition" so I have no idea when i'll actually get my PS4.

I am in the same boat as you

I don't understand why people rush to pre-order a console that will be mass-produced for years to come. Hell, they'll probably have some Christmas bundles not even two months after the system releases. 

I don't understand why people rush to pre-order a console that will be mass-produced for years to come. Hell, they'll probably have some Christmas bundles not even two months after the system releases.
...or scalpers will be selling them on fleaBay for $1000 to those people who really need to get one under the tree.

It's my console and I want it now!
Well if this fall's console release is like how it was in 2006 with the Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 3, both systems (XB1 and PS4) will be relatively hard to find in stores during the holiday grind, forcing many to have to resort to buying them at inflated prices on eBay and Amazon. Of course, last time the Wii was $250, but the PS3 was also somewhat difficult to get in stores during the holiday season. I remember camping out at a Target for 13 hours in November on the Wii launch date....I'm not doing that again for the PS4 (got the launch model preordered).

diff from 2006 till now is economy i really think after the first rush you will find ps4's x1 on the shelf just like the wii u

this day and age 500-700 bucks on a new game system is alot for people after you buy the system, a game or two and other add ons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if this fall's console release is like how it was in 2006 with the Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 3, both systems (XB1 and PS4) will be relatively hard to find in stores during the holiday grind, forcing many to have to resort to buying them at inflated prices on eBay and Amazon. Of course, last time the Wii was $250, but the PS3 was also somewhat difficult to get in stores during the holiday season. I remember camping out at a Target for 13 hours in November on the Wii launch date....I'm not doing that again for the PS4 (got the launch model preordered).
You missed the joke

as other said their many reason why people want it day 1, for me ps3 cost too much at launch, so i waited in till the revision an bought the second model for around $400 forget. but i love what their doing now an the cost is not as prohibiting, so this is day 1 for me.

i think once the release gets closer im going to trade in my current gen systems into gamestop and use all that credit i get on amazon gift card and pay off my systems that way maybe will get both then if i can at least pay off ps4 with trade ins

after you buy a game or two and other ad ons it can be close to 600 bucks if it's even 400 dollers
Great thing about the PS4 is you don't need anything else to start gaming. With all the Free to play games on there you don't even need a game at the jump.

Also the 360 premium was the same price point at launch, and this is when $400 was worth closer to $500 in today's dollars, and the economy was in the shitter and was looking like we were headed toward a recession, where we are now on the upswing and things are looking promising, so should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thing about the PS4 is you don't need anything else to start gaming. With all the Free to play games on there you don't even need a game at the jump.

Also the 360 premium was the same price point at launch, and this is when $400 was worth closer to $500 in today's dollars, and the economy was in the shitter and was looking like we were headed toward a recession, where we are now on the upswing and things are looking promising, so should be interesting to see how this all plays out.
economy is far from on the upswing

don't want to start a political debate but....i don't see an upswing

So there is no way to stop Best Buy from holding $430 on my account every 3-4 days until Oct/Nov?
tumblr_mig9a81AiV1rmh9bbo1_500.jpg

So there is no way to stop Best Buy from holding $430 on my account every 3-4 days until Oct/Nov?
That's why I like Amazon's preorders....no hold on my account or charge until the item ships, plus no early "downpayment", like how GameStop does it.

No word as of yet. I check every chance I get, and there's no mention of the systems at all.
Nice thanks for the response. I have called but honestly the people in my Target electronics section never have any idea what is going on. They told me they weren't having it for Wii U and it would come in months later if they did but luckily one CAG posted that their Target had it and within a few days my store had the pre order cards as well. (And Yes I am one of the few who have and wanted a Wii U) I ordered one on Target online but I would love to cancel that and be able to pick up a system day 1 from Target

Nice thanks for the response. I have called but honestly the people in my Target electronics section never have any idea what is going on. They told me they weren't having it for Wii U and it would come in months later if they did but luckily one CAG posted that their Target had it and within a few days my store had the pre order cards as well. (And Yes I am one of the few who have and wanted a Wii U) I ordered one on Target online but I would love to cancel that and be able to pick up a system day 1 from Target
I'd like to get one at Target in-store too .. my Redcard + Employee discount would be nice, but it's looking bleak, so I'm going to put money towards Amazon over time. No tax in my state. gg.

bread's done
Back