PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Okie dokie heres the update from my phone call with Target about the price adjust. I called and told them I preordered the PS4 online then a few days later the price was lowered online. They said ok let me look this information up and about 5 minutes later she came back on the phone to tell me it would take a fews day but the price would be adjusted for me. So note to self next time just call the company itself and talk to someone instead of an email. I will post back again once I get the email saying all that just to confirm it went through.

Update: I got the email already saying the price was adjusted and on my order online the price is adjusted there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okie dokie heres the update from my phone call with Target about the price adjust. I called and told them I preordered the PS4 online then a few days later the price was lowered online. They said ok let me look this information up and about 5 minutes later she came back on the phone to tell me it would take a fews day but the price would be adjusted for me. So note to self next time just call the company itself and talk to someone instead of an email. I will post back again once I get the email saying all that just to confirm it went through.

Update: I got the email already saying the price was adjusted and on my order online the price is adjusted there.
Nice congrats.

LOL. Nope. MS needs to get their crap together (regarding their ToS, etc) before I throw down coin. I'm also waiting to make sure MS doesn't try and bring back the original version of Xbox One. Also, I'm not paying 500 dollars for any game system. I have the money, but when I say, "500 dollars for a video game system" out loud, I shudder.
i think 400 dollers is still alot for a system but the thing is 500/400 is a great investment when you plan on using the thing for 8-9 years

I don't get how $500 (or $400) seems like so much for these consoles when an iPhone costs $200 with a contract and an iPad costs $400-$500 as well. The consoles are arguably not as versatile as a phone, but both definitely are more useful than a tablet.
if you pay that much for a iphone you are doing something not right. i just wait till a new iphone is out when i upgrade my iphone seeing most times wiht contract you get the last gen version for free or 99 dollers

if you pay that much for a iphone you are doing something not right. i just wait till a new iphone is out when i upgrade my iphone seeing most times wiht contract you get the last gen version for free or 99 dollers
Wouldn't getting the last gen version of the iPhone in this context be like getting a ps3? Might be missing his point.

If anyone around eastvale/corona/riverside has a pre order from bestbuy they dont plan on picking up please let me know.  Im looking for a Xbox One thanks.

It showed that some were in-stock for me just now. I bought it and now it says they're out of stock. So maybe they add stock everyday? I dunno. But I got one. This makes two. :D

I got one! Thanks!

i think 400 dollers is still alot for a system but the thing is 500/400 is a great investment when you plan on using the thing for 8-9 years
That is my thinking. I wouldn't spend more than $400 on a system. In the past 12 months I will have gotten a Wii-U, 3DS XL (gift), Vita, and a PS4 next month, (plus a couple retro consoles). The way I see it I should be all set for a long time with purchasing consoles. My PC is decent now and I'm not a graphics whore so I shouldn't have to worry about upgrading for a few years at least. If anything I might to look into getting a few more retro consoles to add to my collection.

Anyone having issues changing payment method at Amazon? I was told via chat that if I change it I might lose my place in line and lose my release date delivery even though the item is the launch edition. 

Anyone change their payment recently and have their order stay intact?

To play it safe you could just buy Amazon Gift Cards to pay off your purchase instead of changing payment methods. Just a thought.

Anyone having issues changing payment method at Amazon? I was told via chat that if I change it I might lose my place in line and lose my release date delivery even though the item is the launch edition.

Anyone change their payment recently and have their order stay intact?
I recently had the card I used to preorder the ps4 expire. Once I updated it on my amazon account everything was updated on my orders seamlessly. I think they've improved this process of changing preorder payment cards.

I recently had the card I used to preorder the ps4 expire. Once I updated it on my amazon account everything was updated on my orders seamlessly. I think they've improved this process of changing preorder payment cards.
I was asking mainly because people elsewhere where claiming to have trouble changing their payment info and that Amazon was beginning to lock down preorders. Not sure if that is true, but I haven't heard of anyone actually having their order get changed from release day delivery to after. I'm assming the reps just tell people this because that's what they are supposed to say with preorders. I've changed preorder details many times in the past and it works out fine.

I have a preorder on Amazon myself. If I ask them not to cancel my order, but change it to the Killzone Shadowfall bundle rather than receiving  the BF4 one, will that work? 

I was asking mainly because people elsewhere where claiming to have trouble changing their payment info and that Amazon was beginning to lock down preorders. Not sure if that is true, but I haven't heard of anyone actually having their order get changed from release day delivery to after. I'm assming the reps just tell people this because that's what they are supposed to say with preorders. I've changed preorder details many times in the past and it works out fine.
its true. When you change payment info you get placed in the back of the line.

Amazon does indeed do that when you change payment info also addresses. It doesnt happen every time but does happen. Ive screwed up RDD a couple times changing information. Generally i contact CS and they fix it. For these tho who knows if CS could do anything.

I am talking changing the card your using not updating existing card with a new expiration tho, probably acts differently.

Is there any chance Amazon will restock their PS4 pre-orders? Also, it looks like Walmart has stopped taking preorders. The three in my area all said they were no longer taking them. Two had sold out, but the third had not. Have they stopped taking preorders nation wide?

Hmm, I need to change one of my orders since I somehow used my old CC number, but my other order has a valid CC. Sould have deleted it off my account when it was cancelled. Anyways I guess if something happens I'll just make a fuss and see if they fix it.

I'm assuming that even if it does put you at the "back" of the line I would be at the back of the launch edition line which is a separate item from the standard PS4 preorder. So I don't see why being at the back of the launch edition line would matter at all anyways.

Does anyone know how people are selling their PS4 Pre-Orders on ebay already? I tried to list mine but it won't let me, says it needs to be within 30 days of the release date. 

Jester, how about not being a bottom feeder and selling your preorder? Others are trying to get the system to enjoy and your post makes it seem like you're here just to scam/ripoff fellow CAGers.

Jester, how about not being a bottom feeder and selling your preorder? Others are trying to get the system to enjoy and your post makes it seem like you're here just to scam/ripoff fellow CAGers.

No different than people buying cheap games from best buy and flipping to GameStop forcing potential buyers that actually want to play the game to pay inflated used prices.

Cag motto. It's ok as long as long as we all can do it.

that comparisons is just dumb lol and is not the same
The only people complaining are the ones who sat on their ass for months watching others preorder. The only people that are dumb are the ones paying a fortune for something they could have gotten much easier. Stop blaming the go getters and blame the lazy.

James: the lazy? No one should have to preorder months before just because some scumbag wants to make a profit at launch.

I wish there was a way for Sony to track the people who sell their preorders and cancel every single one. eBay should absolutely not allow it.

James: the lazy? No one should have to preorder months before just because some scumbag wants to make a profit at launch.

I wish there was a way for Sony to track the people who sell their preorders and cancel every single one. eBay should absolutely not allow it.
In all honesty though, Pre-orders were open for awhile and came back a bunch of different times. There really is no reason to have not pre-ordered when you could and then figure out later if you wanted to keep it or not. Hell amazon had no money down to pre-order.

No it's lazy. They kept putting it off and off. Then decide later on. Preorder then decide if you want it.

In all honesty though, Pre-orders were open for awhile and came back a bunch of different times. There really is no reason to have not pre-ordered when you could and then figure out later if you wanted to keep it or not. Hell amazon had no money down to pre-order.
you will be surprise the number of people who does not have a credit card.

you will be surprise the number of people who does not have a credit card.
Get cash then? Could have went to Best Buy, Wal-mart, Gamestop. If you can't afford to put $50-$100 down then I wouldnt worry about pre-ordering, Hell Target you could have just put $25 down.

Wow, anger issues.

I pre-ordered both systems because I wasn't sure which I'd want. I decided I don't want the PS4, so why not make a profit that's there? People had plenty of time to pre-order. Sorry most people don't have the foresight to pre-order then decide later.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone for asking a simple question. Typically this community is much better than this. :whistle2:\

Edit:

Also, I'd never rip off a fellow CAGer. I doubt that CHEAP Ass Gamers would want to pay they ebay cost of PS4. They're too intelligent for that.

Get cash then? Could have went to Best Buy, Wal-mart, Gamestop. If you can't afford to put $50-$100 down then I wouldnt worry about pre-ordering, Hell Target you could have just put $25 down.
When pre-orders began I had just dropped well over a thousand dollars after I was admitted to the hospital for very sudden, very necessary life-saving care. I've got the money now. I just didn't have the money until recently when my on-campus job started paying me. Honestly, for most of the summer I couldn't really do anything and I didn't have expendable income. If I wasn't at home asleep I was powering through a ten week internship in seven weeks.

So, you know, it's not always as simple as you make it out to be.

Yeah, I could have pre-ordered with Amazon but I don't like having stuff like that shipped. Call me paranoid. I prefer to walk into an actual store for my consoles.

most of excuses i commonly seen on this site has been between and/or of these, A) no credit card , B) too busy working, no time, C) I don't get my paycheck Till next week. D) i just use X amount of money on certain item/service last week/month.

I mean people who missed the preorders can just wait till later on, if they do not want to pay the ebay scalper price. I have never seen/ heard anyone suffer a illness, or death from not getting a console.

Having to preorder consoles to get them on launch day is nothing new. If people procrastinated, then it's entirely their fault. Preorders were available for a long time, so no one got cheated out of one.

I preordered one XB1 and one PS4. I'm 100% keeping the XB1 for myself, but I'm not sure about the PS4. There aren't any launch games that are a must have for me, so I may sell it.

When pre-orders began I had just dropped well over a thousand dollars after I was admitted to the hospital for very sudden, very necessary life-saving care. I've got the money now. I just didn't have the money until recently when my on-campus job started paying me. Honestly, for most of the summer I couldn't really do anything and I didn't have expendable income. If I wasn't at home asleep I was powering through a ten week internship in seven weeks.

So, you know, it's not always as simple as you make it out to be.

Yeah, I could have pre-ordered with Amazon but I don't like having stuff like that shipped. Call me paranoid. I prefer to walk into an actual store for my consoles.
While im sorry to hear that, you also did have several chances after it was first annouced to pre-order at game stop. Best Buy had pre-orders going on for awhile. Not even a week or so ago wal-marts still had systems for pre-order at lay away. Again, Target was only $25 to pre-order.

I understand that you had something very serious that happened to you and im glad to hear you are ok now, but honestly, that did matter more then getting a new console.

I remember when the PS3 launched and people were trying to flip them. Turns out that the demand was a lot lower then supply. Then the flippers got all pissy when they returned them to Gamestop and had to wait two weeks for their refund checks.  

Butthurt flipper: "What? TWO WEEKS!? I spent my rent money trying to resell this. I need the money now!"

GS Employee: "Sorry. But we don't keep $600 cash in the drawer. Cooperate will mail you a check." 

lol. Those were good times. I hope the same thing happens the XBone flippers.

In the interest of full disclosure I should probably say that I managed to work out my own pre-ordering woes. I am getting a launch day console through a friend who decided wasn't going to get the console any more but would keep his GameStop pre-order for someone else who wanted him to get it for them.

In the interest of full disclosure I should probably say that I managed to work out my own pre-ordering woes. I am getting a launch day console through a friend who decided wasn't going to get the console any more but would keep his GameStop pre-order for someone else who wanted him to get it for them.
Thats cool. I'm doing the same with my Amazon pre-order. I have one paid off at gamestop but didnt want to cancel the amazon one incase a friend wants it.

Wow, anger issues.

I pre-ordered both systems because I wasn't sure which I'd want. I decided I don't want the PS4, so why not make a profit that's there? People had plenty of time to pre-order. Sorry most people don't have the foresight to pre-order then decide later.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone for asking a simple question. Typically this community is much better than this. :whistle2:\

Edit:

Also, I'd never rip off a fellow CAGer. I doubt that CHEAP Ass Gamers would want to pay they ebay cost of PS4. They're too intelligent for that.
i doudt peple will get what they think plus with the ebay fees i would never evne sell a system on their if i sell one it would be on C. list.

I remember when the PS3 launched and people were trying to flip them. Turns out that the demand was a lot lower then supply. Then the flippers got all pissy when they returned them to Gamestop and had to wait two weeks for their refund checks.

Butthurt flipper: "What? TWO WEEKS!? I spent my rent money trying to resell this. I need the money now!"

GS Employee: "Sorry. But we don't keep $600 cash in the drawer. Cooperate will mail you a check."

lol. Those were good times. I hope the same thing happens the XBone flippers.
sony already said they are going to do what ever they can tokeep up with demand yes you might get lucky to get profit worth the hassel but with the amount of systems that will be on c.l and ebay your to get picked is pretty low then standard product that don't have many on sale.

plus you know for a fact the people on this website will come back and say look how much profit i made now be jealous of me because im better.

bread's done
Back