PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

what will Amazon do for us that ordered the watch dogs PS4 bundle? I'd happily take Killzone or BF4 as replacement, I have to buy a game at launch anyways so I don't mind.

what will Amazon do for us that ordered the watch dogs PS4 bundle? I'd happily take Killzone or BF4 as replacement, I have to buy a game at launch anyways so I don't mind.
probably just send you a normal ps4 launch edition without the game , and credit you back the difference, with some extra promo credit for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm asking sincerely as I'm curious. Is it really that much of a difference from PS3 to PS4? And why not go the PS3 route then get the $10 upgrade?
Have you not seen the videos? The visual difference between current gen and next gen is HUGE. In some forums, people are saying (again rumors, so who knows) that the delay might be related to upgrading the graphics given how great GTAV looks on current gen. What we've seen of Watch Dogs for current gen looks like crap. Laughable crap, at that. This is one game you absolutely do NOT want to get for current gen (unless you don't mind playing with Half-Life 2 graphics in 2013...).

I'm asking sincerely as I'm curious. Is it really that much of a difference from PS3 to PS4? And why not go the PS3 route then get the $10 upgrade?
First of all, Watch Dogs got delayed in general, so how would you upgrade a ps3 version?

Second of all, why would I wanna play an inferior version of the game?

probably just send you a normal ps4 launch edition without the game , and credit you back the difference, with some extra promo credit for the inconvenience.
Seriously, don't expect anything extra from Amazon. This is on Ubisoft, not the retailer. Chances are that Amazon is just as pissed at Ubi as the customers are. Amazon has a supply chain and logistics all set that now have to be adjusted, and they have to deal with the customer service fallout of people calling and complaining/asking for free stuff.

If I were Amazon - After the nonsense Ubisoft is pulling I wouldn't offer AC4 as a substitute, I'd make sure a competitors game got included.

That was the game I was most looking forward to also. I hope all the retailers pushing bundles lose money for this somehow. Greedy bastards.

Wowza, Watch Dogs was my second-most anticipated game to play on my new PS4. Guess I'll be spending more time on BF4 and Knack.

Eh...I was gonna wait a few weeks to buy Watch Dogs anyway since it's an Ubisoft game.  Killzone, Knack and Drive Club will have to keep me busy for the time being.

I'm wondering if member's at BJ's have first priority for the pre-orders as opposed to those who don't.  Mine was ordered just before 9:30 this morning and the order status still says "Submitted".  My card has yet to be charged though.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't get cancelled

Reply, "YES"....done!

"Sorry you didn't win today." :nottalking:

Eh well!

The $5 lunch box is designed like the actual PS4 box. I applaud Taco Bell for sponsoring this promotion. I'm certain it has already been a huge success. I'm shocked no other fast-food chain has stepped up to sponsor a promotion for XB1. :whistle2:k

Reply, "YES"....done!

Eh well!

The $5 lunch box is designed like the actual PS4 box. I applaud Taco Bell for sponsoring this promotion. I'm certain it has already been a huge success. I'm shocked no other fast-food chain has stepped up to sponsor a promotion for XB1. :whistle2:k
Doritos has their XB1 promo.

Reply, "YES"....done!

Eh well!

Gotta do it in the wee hours of the day. Not during a regular eating time.

What Happens to Your Next-Gen Watch Dogs Bundle?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/amazon-gamestop-will-honor-watch-dogs-console-bundle-orders

Amazon orders: now get a launch edition with no game

GameStop orders: choose a different bundle or just get the system and game in spring 2014

Doritos has their XB1 promo.
You're right! I actually bought a bag of Doritos and Ruffles... sheer coincidence. Both have MS promotions but it's not the same as fast-food promotions.

Gotta do it in the wee hours of the day. Not during a regular eating time.
That's a solid strategy. Once is fun... twice is pushing it. :speaktothehand:

You're right! I actually bought a bag of Doritos and Ruffles... sheer coincidence. Both have MS promotions but it's not the same as fast-food promotions.

That's a solid strategy. Once is fun... twice is pushing it. :speaktothehand:
Better for me as I never eat at Taco Bell, or most fast food restaurants often, for that matter.

Gamestop Exec 1 - "Maybe we could let them have the PS4 by itself."

Gamestop Exec 2 - " WHAT !"

Gamestop Exec 1 - "What ?.................."
I don't see a problem with it. I have an Amazon preorder and contemplating cancelling it. Maybe I'll just keep it and sell it on Ebay or something, but Im thinking of getting it in spring as well.

1) obviously I'm speaking I there wasn't a delay
2) $425 plus the cost of the game, that's why.
Well my PS4 cost me 320 thanks to Meijer Kindle card sales and no sales tax in my state on Amazon, and i'm gonna need a PS4 for all the upcoming titles.

I'm not trying to troll or anything but why give a hypothetical scenario where I should upgrade when it doesn't even exist?

since the announce of the delay news has been flying out that ubisoft was not happy about the reports coming back in from people they sent full retail game to so thye cna test it and review it. in all honest how much can you change in a game in what 4 months don't be shocked if this thing gets delayed again. 

since the announce of the delay news has been flying out that ubisoft was not happy about the reports coming back in from people they sent full retail game to so thye cna test it and review it. in all honest how much can you change in a game in what 4 months don't be shocked if this thing gets delayed again.
What do you mean 4 months? It was pushed to Q1 next year which is April - June so that is 6 to 8 months.

The base of the game is there. Its not like they are starting over.

I really, really hope you're kidding. Given the website that we're on, that would just be far too ironic otherwise.

This is a terribly douche-y response. It's not exactly weird to brag about winning a $400 item, is it?

You on the wrong board bro. Go turn your hate backwards and show us your latest GameStop edition of <insert game>. Lol

I am not completely surprised by the Watch Dogs delay. Well, maybe a little, since it was so close to release. But from the first gameplay they showed, I was very unconvinced by that game. And even after everything we have seen, I still believed it would get average reviews. Perhaps they are really trying to change it into something special now.

I'm sure I'm alone in this but I won't be buying any next gen redo games for my ps4. They're always lazy and poorly done. Every console Launch ends up with a lackluster Madden etc. I'll stick to knack or Killzone till some solid feedback comes in.

Let me be the opposite of what others have been saying. I think Watch Dogs looked great and appreciate the polish they will be putting into the potential of a new franchise. I also like the Assassin's Creed series, so I'm looking forward to not having my attention split between the two.

My only question is, what do I get instead of it at launch?

has anyone found out for sure from wal-mart or employees of that their pre-order system does in fact reserve a system for you and you only and not some asshole who slept outside the store for 3 days and showed up before you because you have a job and couldn't come in until the evening?

Yeah, Watch Dogs was gonna be my main game too for PS4, ugh bad launch just got a whole lot worse IMO.

The only game I'm getting now for PS4 is Killzone Shadow Fall, I wonder if they will have black fridays deals on PS4 games at all this year. 

at most im sure target and/or toys r us will have B2G1 Free.
Yeah, Target had a B2G1 free sale for both Wii U and Vita shortly after launch, but I'm not sure if they'll do it with PS4 and Xbone being a bigger animal, they might do a B2G1 before the systems launch.

B2G1 doesn't help me anyway, I only want one game :(, I'm hoping the PS Store puts up Killzone Shadowfall for pre-order this month like they did this week with Knack, and I'll at least get $10 back.

The lack luster launch titles in my mind shows both system were rushed out to market. Lest face it the biggest game for these things is destiny and titanfall which both are out in spring who knows if those get pushed back.

The lack luster launch titles in my mind shows both system were rushed out to market. Lest face it the biggest game for these things is destiny and titanfall which both are out in spring who knows if those get pushed back.
Don't really think they were rushed. No launch system has really had an impressive launch.

What do you mean 4 months? It was pushed to Q1 next year which is April - June so that is 6 to 8 months.

The base of the game is there. Its not like they are starting over.
I seriously think part of the reason they delayed it was for numbers. It was probably doing better than Assassin's Creed 4 and Ubi did not want a competing product to Assassin's Creed 4 since it has to sell because they are most likely working on Assassin's Creed 5. Any glitches and stuff could of easily been patched.

I have never heard of one month before release oh we are pushing a game back a few months. I mean I heard a few weeks to fix stuff but not a few months. Sounds more like Ubi moving their games around for sales numbers.

The good thing is I get to spend more time with my WiiU this holiday season, lol. Still excited about the PS4, although it will be collecting dust for some time until more games come out.

Also anyone got an Amazon link to preorder Injustice? Can't find one on Amazon.

Don't really think they were rushed. No launch system has really had an impressive launch.
Yeah, I agree. Makes all the people who were bashing the Wii U's lineup look a little silly.

The best launch lineup, IMO, was the Super NES. Just look at how many classics were released before the end of the year 1991: Super Mario World, Castlevania 4, Final Fantasy 4, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Actraiser. Of course, they had a year between the Japanese and American launch.

As for the PS4, I was debating between Killzone and Watch Dogs, so I guess I'm getting Killzone now...

)(&*%()*)  Just found out Amazon cancelled my ps4 preorder made the first day they offered preorders.  My default credit card was expired on there from the end of June, never noticed since I generally use my oodles of Amazon credit.  Evidently they sent me out an email first of August, and cancelled within 48 hours.  SInce the email heading was nothing about a (&^%ing cancellation I assumed at the time it was just more spam from them, which you get when you have a trillion orders.  Dispatched a probably futile message to CS.  Everything I can find they dont charge until up to 10 days before shipping so this blows my mind this could happen.  Did this happen to anyone else?

Edit: From the OP:

AMAZON - Free Shipping. You will not be charged until your console ships. 

Wth.

I know that rehashes suck when going next gen... (especially the sports games on last gen, Fifa road to world cup, Madden 06 SUCK!!!!!)  But I am giving them a go, because from people who have played them have said they are the exact same game as current gen, with a little bit of a graphics boost. Both Madden 25 and Fifa 14 were good games, I owned them, got rid of them while only losing $5 total, and am using that money to purchase the next gen copies...

I mean honestly it is true the launch lineup is bare of new IP's or even good sequels for either console.  I mean woo Knack and Killzone, but they are rents for me maybe (or cheap sales, black friday maybe?).  But I will also be excited to try resogun, because what everyone is saying is it is extremely fun, and you can't beat free.  And Driveclub may be interesting we will see...

I just can't wait till Naughty Dog announe what they are working on for next gen (please be Uncharted 4!), not to mention Infamous will be amazing. 

Overall at first Xbox one owners will have a better experience, but by the end of the year next year, I can see PS4 having the better log of games and features with PS Plus free games.  I am assuming a game like Knack will be free next year, but not quite sure what else besides outlast... any ideas?

bread's done
Back