PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I don't think people will be mad... I mean you are only paying for online gaming... at least the PS4 is not putting things like Netflix behind paywalls... Try explaining to someone at a store that inorder to watch netflix on their Xbox they have to pay Microsoft as well, it was very difficult to do so at Best Buy, it was why I directed those people to a PS3...

I never knew about this game. Thank you for the link!

Btw where did you preorder from? I still am trying to get a preorder and am hoping if people are canceling them some may open back up.
check amazon on release date is your best bet, there is bound to cancellations for the ps4, thus making it available on amazon.com.

I'm also happy the XMB is dead. 7 years (8 if you had PSP) of having to deal with that clunky UI. PS4 feels like a brand new start! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it though? The PS4's UI looks like a reskinned version of the XMB, honestly, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

I highly doubt Target will. Walmart on the other hand i believe will be. I walked right into the store and bought a Wii U Deluxe @ Midnight.

Anyone know if Target/Wal-Mart will be launching the systems at midnight? I do not want to wait for the store/layaway to open in the morning.

I got a second DS4 because I got in on that Amazon trade in promo.
Same, I had no intention of getting one at launch but I could not pass up that deal.

I think it will make a lot of people mad. A lot of people believe that psn will still be free. I see some backlash coming. "I bought a ps4 for free online, this is bullshit." Sony probably is happy to let it slide under the rador just like they tried to keep it hush hush at E3.
I dont think they tried to keep it "hush hush" it just got lost in the shuffle when Sony completely obliterated MS on their dumbass used game/always online policy. But yeah, I can see some people not being well informed about paying for online now and they may be disappointed with that, heck I know some casuals who still think the Xbox one wont play used games. Thankfully though ps+ offers value so its not too much of a sting having to pay now.

Did you see the conference? He practically whispered it.
Um no, go back and watch it again. Sucks that we need a sub for MP now but I would have had plus regardless so it really doesn't matter to me personally. I blame all the MS idiots who payed for live all these years, Sony saw all the money that can be made and just couldn't leave it on the table next gen. Oh well, at least its not a complete screw job since plus offers great value and you wont get blocked out from other features/services if you dont have it. That being said.....Only one month away now!!!! :bouncy:

Same, I had no intention of getting one at launch but I could not pass up that deal.

I dont think they tried to keep it "hush hush" it just got lost in the shuffle when Sony completely obliterated MS on their dumbass used game/always online policy. But yeah, I can see some people not being well informed about paying for online now and they may be disappointed with that, heck I know some casuals who still think the Xbox one wont play used games. Thankfully though ps+ offers value so its not too much of a sting having to pay now.
Yeah I was shocked to find how some casuals are not up to speed on the next-gen news. I overheard a GS employee having to tell a customer that the Xbone was no longer enforcing DRM restrictions. The customer was surprised.

Yeah I was shocked to find how some casuals are not up to speed on the next-gen news. I overheard a GS employee having to tell a customer that the Xbone was no longer enforcing DRM restrictions. The customer was surprised.
I, personally, blame it on Microsoft's absolutely piss poor marketing campaign for the Xbox One. From E3's "tell em everything negative about the xbox" to the total lack of PR and advertising about the positive changes and corrections that they made. They could have had a stranglehold on the console market with a strong system launch. Instead, they drove away legions of xbox 360 supporters with their crappy presentation on what the xbox "doesn't" do, and put the PS4 into a position to dominate the marketplace. Someone needs to go...

I, personally, blame it on Microsoft's absolutely piss poor marketing campaign for the Xbox One.

Instead, they drove away legions of xbox 360 supporters with their crappy presentation on what the xbox "doesn't" do,...
I agree that their marketing and PR was horrendous. While I see what you mean by their presentation saying what the XB1 "doesn't do," to them, it was more focused on what it was designed to do, but no one really liked what it was designed to do. Hence, all the backlash from the public and gamers, and the subsequent 180s by MS.

To this day, I still hear the general public (non-hardcore gamers) talk about the XB1 using what they first heard after E3. Kinda amusing.

For those who have canceled a preorder at Amazon that was paid via credit, does the gift card balance get returned immediately to your account or does it take time for this to occur? Thanks!

For those who have canceled a preorder at Amazon that was paid via credit, does the gift card balance get returned immediately to your account or does it take time for this to occur? Thanks!
From past experience, it should. If you don't see your GC balance change after the cancel, i recommend contacting them asap.

I, personally, blame it on Microsoft's absolutely piss poor marketing campaign for the Xbox One. From E3's "tell em everything negative about the xbox" to the total lack of PR and advertising about the positive changes and corrections that they made. They could have had a stranglehold on the console market with a strong system launch. Instead, they drove away legions of xbox 360 supporters with their crappy presentation on what the xbox "doesn't" do, and put the PS4 into a position to dominate the marketplace. Someone needs to go...
xbox one ads are already hitting the air way tons of them were on during nfl games yesterday. yes ps has ads out right now but all they say is playstation nothing with ps4 name in it. i can't wait for mid nov it's going to be great entertainment with both :boxing: each other.just grab some popcorn and enjoy.

I'm hearing a rumor on reddit that Gamestop will start taking PS4 preorders again 1 day this week?

They're forcing people who preordered more than one console to cancel all but one (limit one per household policy).

Anyone know more about this?

Just like any common belief that is untrue or has changed, people pass it rumor around and then it is taken as truth; it's kind of like an urban legend. Even when it was proven to be untrue, a majority will still believe it. One urban legend that randomly just popped into my mind was the one about how Cass Elliot (from the Mamas and Papas) died from choking on a ham sandwich, which I found out wasn't true. It's hard to quell something when it is put out there, whether it is true, untrue, or switched from one to the other. It's really going to affect the Xbox One's sales for a while I think.

I'm hearing a rumor on reddit that Gamestop will start taking PS4 preorders again 1 day this week?

They're forcing people who preordered more than one console to cancel all but one (limit one per household policy).

I don't think Pre-Orders are going to be available anymore with just a month away from release date. Someone had also said Amazon was going to be taking more pre-orders the first week of October and it never happened. With demand being very high its unlikely more units will be available.

I spoke with some manager friends at the store I worked at and can confirm at least part of this rumor. GameStop WILL be cancelling some console pre-orders and WILL be limiting one per household.

With that said, this is either because the over sold or they plan on opening up more pre-orders.

Now to the business portion. This makes for great business as GameStop wants more houses as an install base than just one with many. There is little profit to selling consoles and it's all about the games and accessories. This would just make for more customers.

I spoke with some manager friends at the store I worked at and can confirm at least part of this rumor. GameStop WILL be cancelling some console pre-orders and WILL be limiting one per household.

Now to the business portion. This makes for great business as GameStop wants more houses as an install base than just one with many.

While that all makes sense from a business perspective, I would find it completely offputting that a retailer cancel existing pre-orders, especially now that you can't pre-order elsewhere. What about households that do have more than one console throughout the house (i.e., not ebay resellers)? And they should've told people that at the start so they could've pre-ordered one at different retailers to make sure they had enough at home on day one. Cancelling pre-orders with only one month left til release is bad PR, imo.

While that all makes sense from a business perspective, I would find it completely offputting that a retailer cancel existing pre-orders, especially now that you can't pre-order elsewhere. What about households that do have more than one console throughout the house (i.e., not ebay resellers)? And they should've told people that at the start so they could've pre-ordered one at different retailers to make sure they had enough at home on day one. Cancelling pre-orders with only one month left til release is bad PR, imo.
surely the number of people (non-resellers who have multiple day one brand new consoles in a single household) are such a tiny fraction of their preorders it's worth the risk of pissing them off to open it up to more people (although the PR risk may be higher the way the internet has been strangling stuff like this lately).

quick question, can i upgrade my ps4 pre -order from Best Buy to a the Killzone Shadow Fall bundle without losing my pre-order "place in line"?

Question about pre-orders in general, I asked at my local best buy and they told me that the day of released I wasn't guaranteed a PS4. It depends on where in the "line" I am. But when I asked how could I know what place i am since it doesn't show in the receipt or how many Ps4 they expect to get day of release; they couldn't answer me.

My question is since this is my first pre-order of a console is how does one deal with there not being enough stock to fulfill pre-orders?

Is it first come first serve when receiving a Ps4 from Best Buy or do they have it separated that the first stock of PS4 go to the first who pre-ordered?

Thank you, Sorry i know question wording sucks .

surely the number of people (non-resellers who have multiple day one brand new consoles in a single household) are such a tiny fraction of their preorders it's worth the risk of pissing them off to open it up to more people (although the PR risk may be higher the way the internet has been strangling stuff like this lately).
The internet is a swirling cesspool of hate (spoken from a thread on the internet). Typically someone with a good experience tells 3 people, but people with a bad experience tells 10. I'm starting to think that the multiple pre-orders were pretty high to chance this.

Anyway, good for me as I'm on the call list for one. When I get confirmation of pre-orders being added I'll post here (once I get mine).

Another thing mentioned to me on the side last week was some sort of GameStop pre-order truck. It was said to me strait face, so I don't know what this friend meant but something about going to a mobile command center like truck were people could pre-order for stores in the area. Once again, I'll bring up more as that develops.

I agree.

It's bad but manageable PR. Game Stop will look like heroes to those that missed the pre-order window "IF" they cancel multiples bought by one person and make them available. Limiting purchases to one per household will ultimately lead to more merchandise sold per customer. WIN/WIN

You might not like it but when you're fair people will grow to respect it!

quick question, can i upgrade my ps4 pre -order from Best Buy to a the Killzone Shadow Fall bundle without losing my pre-order "place in line"?

Question about pre-orders in general, I asked at my local best buy and they told me that the day of released I wasn't guaranteed a PS4. It depends on where in the "line" I am. But when I asked how could I know what place i am since it doesn't show in the receipt or how many Ps4 they expect to get day of release; they couldn't answer me.

My question is since this is my first pre-order of a console is how does one deal with there not being enough stock to fulfill pre-orders?

Is it first come first serve when receiving a Ps4 from Best Buy or do they have it separated that the first stock of PS4 go to the first who pre-ordered?

Back with the Xbox 360 there was actually a way GameStop could tell you where you were in pre-order line. What happened was they got less than they thought they would so there was a portion of pre-orders that got dropped (mine included). It's not impossible. I don't think the system of any retailer has this programmed though and would be a report they would get closer to launch.

With that said, we are too far away from launch to know numbers. Sony could produce higher or lower than expected each week which would affect numbers. I imagine the crap will hit the proverbial fan about a week from launch when stores get their systems in. I guarantee that stores like GameStop and Best Buy will have theirs by the 11th.

I agree.

It's bad but manageable PR. Game Stop will look like heroes to those that missed the pre-order window "IF" they cancel multiples bought by one person and make them available. Limiting purchases to one per household will ultimately lead to more merchandise sold per customer. WIN/WIN

I'm assuming your "I'm going to make $40k scalping PS4s BALLIN" plan accounts for this, right? Did your dummy corporation hire a team of squatters to hit up every local store for you?

Everything is accounted for so if you make changes to your pre-order you'll "most likely" lose your place in line.

It's first come first served... pre-order style! If you're pre-order #79 and they're receiving 20 consoles a week you'll receive a call in the fourth week.

Everything is accounted for so if you make changes to your pre-order you'll "most likely" lose your place in line.

It's first come first served... pre-order style! If you're pre-order #79 and they're receiving 20 consoles a week you'll receive a call in the fourth week.
Is best buy even allowing for pre-orders in store? ... because by cancelling his pre-order and pre-orders being closed off... he couldn't re-pre-order. A friend of mine went in there last week and was told he couldn't, but he would have loved to have gotten into a queue

Like I said in my original post, if this is due to not having ENOUGH this is waaaaay better than saying "Sorry, you can't get yours because we ran out."

Like I said in my original post, if this is due to not having ENOUGH this is waaaaay better than saying "Sorry, you can't get yours because we ran out."
We shall see. I believe Game Stop would never admit to not having enough. They'd rather string you along until January to fill your pre-order.

BJ's has a bundle w/ Killzone and an extra DS4 for $500. Not sure if I should bite considering I don't have credit and i have a Xbox One on pre-order already.

http://www.bjs.com/playstation-4-killzone-shadow-fall-bundle-playstation-4.product.251592
Good timing. A friend was just complaining to me over lunch that he wished he'd preorded a PS4. I saw this come online, sent him the link and he pre-ordered the Killzone bundle. They have a COD: Ghosts bundle too, same price.

I have no experience with BJ's so I'm not in a position to say whether they're likely to deliver on 11/15 (as the listing claims they will) or what, but one thing I can say is that they don't charge sales tax here in TX.

Is best buy even allowing for pre-orders in store? ... because by cancelling his pre-order and pre-orders being closed off... he couldn't re-pre-order. A friend of mine went in there last week and was told he couldn't, but he would have loved to have gotten into a queue
Best Buy has closed in-store pre-orders for the foreseeable future. Guillermo was talking about switching/upgrading his pre-order not cancelling it. Tell your friend to get on the call list at Toys R Us or Game Stop.

Back with the Xbox 360 there was actually a way GameStop could tell you where you were in pre-order line. What happened was they got less than they thought they would so there was a portion of pre-orders that got dropped (mine included). It's not impossible. I don't think the system of any retailer has this programmed though and would be a report they would get closer to launch.

With that said, we are too far away from launch to know numbers. Sony could produce higher or lower than expected each week which would affect numbers. I imagine the crap will hit the proverbial fan about a week from launch when stores get their systems in. I guarantee that stores like GameStop and Best Buy will have theirs by the 11th.

Thank you for your answers.

Best Buy has closed in-store pre-orders for the foreseeable future. Guillermo was talking about switching/upgrading his pre-order not cancelling it. Tell your friend to get on the call list at Toys R Us or Game Stop.
Yeah the answer you get depends on which Best Buy you talk to. I'm probably going to duck out of work at about 4pm (or maybe just take that Thursday entirely and monitor the line situation) and go from there. It's worth noting that my best buy informed me that if you have a preorder that you're guaranteed a launch day system.

e: I would also add then when I went to BB to try to pay off some of my preorder, they could me this is a process that could not be completed because the SKU is closed. Whenever you add payment for Best Buy, I guess it automatically cancels it and refunds the initial deposit and adds it again.

Yes... but "upgrading" your system to a bundle is cancelling your existing pre-order and trying to pre-order a different bundle with a diferent sku. So he would not be able to "upgrade" to a bundle because the new bundle pre-order cannot be made.

Yes... but "upgrading" your system to a bundle is cancelling your existing pre-order and trying to pre-order a different bundle with a diferent sku. So he would not be able to "upgrade" to a bundle because the new bundle pre-order cannot be made.
That makes sense and explains why some have lost their place in line!

After reading this potential nightmare I was wondering if you guys could help re-assure me about my Best Buy reserve of the PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696580

I didn't realize BB didn't guarantee launch systems and actually could take more reserves than they're getting. I normally reserve systems at GS but I have to buy this at BB for very specific reasons. I'm going to go to my store and ask for more info on what pre-order number I was and hope they give me promising news.

It would suck if on November 15th its first come first serve and I miss out on a PS4 coz they took 100s of reserves and only got like 30 systems

bread's done
Back