PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Wait... some people are seriously letting Gamestop talk them into preordering a game to increase their chances of getting a PS4? Good lord... Like others have said that has nothing to do with getting the system, and it's really a ripoff. Take your receipt and call corporate is what I would do. Shouldn't be haggled into preordering a game just to increase an employee's preorder numbers for the week.
I think most people are doing that so they can play something with their new system.

preorder at gamestop today the guy working said that they are only taking 8 rev's for Xbox one and those are gone, but i was number 12 on a sheet of paper and i ask how many ps4 will yall have he said until they are back-ordered , but on the paper i saw the number 20 for the ps4's so around where i live the store's  wont have that many well i get my $100 down =)

According to Wikipedia (grain of salt?), the original PlayStation launched on September 9, 1995 (Saturday); PS2 launched on October 26, 2000 (Thursday); and PS3 on November 17, 2006 (Friday). I'd bet the November 30 date is just a placeholder like December 31 though. Seems like their way of saying it's launching in November, but the day itself is still unknown, which is why they picked the last day of the month. Idk.
PS2 was Oct 19 2000. It was on the supposed due date of my kid. I stood in line for 20 hours and had to have my pager on means my brother in line with me in case my ex went into labor. Fortunately my daughter came weeks later.

Ill be happy to answer any other GS related questions you guys have... as long as it isnt "how many preorders of each we are taking" haha.
Is it true that I can trade in my PS3 system and videogames to get 30% trade-credit bump towards the PS4 system pre-order? There's an ongoing promotion listed on the GS website for bonus credit towards "any" E3 items pre-orders. TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATTENTION ANYONE ORDERING FROM BEST BUY!!!

-Just a heads up to those pre-ordering from Best Buy who are not expecting to be charged for their PS4 until it ships - I just got off the phone with Best Buy customer service, and I found out something pretty interesting. Best Buy claims on their website that you will not be charged for the item until it is shipped (like Amazon), but that they will do a pre-authorization to make sure that the $ is there. If you don't have the $ in your account or on your credit card at the moment you place your order, the order will not go through. Okay - so this much we know already. I used my debit card to pre-order, and today on my Wells Fargo checking account there is a "pending" charge for $431.00 (or right around there). I expected this, and Best Buy explained to me that this will disappear within three to five days.

What Best Buy WON'T tell you online is that your card will CONTINUALLY be pre-authorized for that same amount every 6 to eight business days until the item is shipped. This is no joke. I just confirmed it with a high level Best Buy customer support member. Essentially, every 6 to eight days they will hit your credit card with a $431.00 charge that will pend for 3 to five days EVERY single time. Essentially then, you really DO need to have the money in your account or on your credit card continually until the item ships.

If you are using a credit card that will definitely always have the amount available, or if you don't care that your debit card will pretty much constantly have a pending charge on it, then by all means go with Best Buy. I thought this might be an important issue for people using their debit card or a credit card that will not constantly have the available money available until perhaps right before the item is released. They make NO mention of this on their website.

Now if only tomorrow was today. I heard there was a pretty good game coming out...

***Ok - so after HydroX brought it to my attention, they DO make note of it in their forum concerning next gen pre-sales, but it's buried deep at message #18. Not exactly where most people are looking for the answer. Thanks HydroX!
This is pretty much standard practice for bestbuy.com pre-orders. They'll ping your account every day or every other day till they ship it. It reeks havoc on those that don't know so keep that amount constantly in you account if you want to keep the pre-order alive. I've dealt with this with game pre-orders in the past and its a pain in the ass.
Same, happened to me once. I used an old debit card to pre-order a game there once, damn near overdrafted me because I got double pinged like 3 days later

Anexanhume, on 13 Jun 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:
alphax1987, on 13 Jun 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:Ill be happy to answer any other GS related questions you guys have... as long as it isnt "how many preorders of each we are taking" haha.Who's telling them the pre-order allocation? Sony? Or is it just corporate guessing?

A large amount of gamestop employees have been sharing this info via twitter, and others stated their allocations while working and the customers are reporting them online.

Why are some of you pre-ordering more than one? Don't be greedy :shame:

I will be in college so it's Amazon for me.
It's called capitalism, and this site is full of people that flip.
Not entirely true. As I said a few pages back, I pre-ordered at both Best Buy (in-store pickup) and Amazon to guard against retailer screw-ups. The minute I get my Amazon tracking number, I cancel the Best Buy order.

Not everybody is completely terrible. :lol:

Why are some of you pre-ordering more than one? Don't be greedy :shame:

I will be in college so it's Amazon for me.
It's called capitalism, and this site is full of people that flip.
Not entirely true. As I said a few pages back, I pre-ordered at both Best Buy (in-store pickup) and Amazon to guard against retailer screw-ups. The minute I get my Amazon tracking number, I cancel the Best Buy order.

Not everybody is completely terrible. :lol:
i got one at

Gamestop cause i want to turn credit into cash

amazon cause i heard amazon loves to ban people and dont want to lose 400 bucks in case they pull some crap LOL

i be happy to break even on them.. im not one of these who go i want 2k for each LOL 2k

Amazon just sent me an email confirming that my order was a "Launch". I kind of figured as much but it's always nice to get confirmation. I didn't ask them anything but apparently they are sending these out automatically because they're getting a lot of questions about it.

I think it launches October 29th alongside ass cred 4 and battlefield 4. It's the day of Quad! :)
My GS manager assured me that AC4 would be a launch title and not to worry about having to wait to play it since I was canceling my PS3 version for it. I'd say this is a very safe bet and would be my guess as well.

Does Target do ANY kind of pre-auth at all if you pre-order? I don't have enough to cover it in my bank account currently, but still want to place the order. Even if they place a "hold," I'll get hit with a fee.

I'm used to ordering things from Amazon (I have both consoles pre-ordered from there currently) because I know they don't process anything until right before it ships.

Ill be happy to answer any other GS related questions you guys have... as long as it isnt "how many preorders of each we are taking" haha.
Is it true that I can trade in my PS3 system and videogames to get 30% trade-credit bump towards the PS4 system pre-order? There's an ongoing promotion listed on the GS website for bonus credit towards "any" E3 items pre-orders. TIA.
I'm curious about this as well.

Wait, someone posted that Amazon can ban buyers?  How often does this actually happen?  Suddenly my strategy of throwing gift card money at my preorder of a PS4 until it's paid off before it ships has me completely paranoid that I'd lose the $ and the PS4... that's not a real thing, is it?

Does Target do ANY kind of pre-auth at all if you pre-order? I don't have enough to cover it in my bank account currently, but still want to place the order. Even if they place a "hold," I'll get hit with a fee.

I'm used to ordering things from Amazon (I have both consoles pre-ordered from there currently) because I know they don't process anything until right before it ships.
I would avoid Target online personally. They tend to flub up so many preorders it's not even funny.

If you are hell bent on going with Target, try doing it in store. They should have some preorder cards available for purchase at like $10 down... not sure if they rolled these out to stores yet though. I know for the Wii U it took them a week or more to get things situated.

At that point, you just show up on release morning once the store opens and as long as you have a card, you will get a system.

Wait, someone posted that Amazon can ban buyers? How often does this actually happen? Suddenly my strategy of throwing gift card money at my preorder of a PS4 until it's paid off before it ships has me completely paranoid that I'd lose the $ and the PS4... that's not a real thing, is it?
Don't worry about getting banned from Amazon -- it only happens to people that are very egregious with their return policy/abusing promo codes. And even then, there are warning e-mails. You'll be fine.

I'm used to ordering things from Amazon (I have both consoles pre-ordered from there currently) because I know they don't process anything until right before it ships.
I would avoid Target online personally. They tend to flub up so many preorders it's not even funny.

If you are hell bent on going with Target, try doing it in store. They should have some preorder cards available for purchase at like $10 down... not sure if they rolled these out to stores yet though. I know for the Wii U it took them a week or more to get things situated.

At that point, you just show up on release morning once the store opens and as long as you have a card, you will get a system.
Thanks for the advice. My primary reason for going with Target is because between the REDcard 5% and the employee discount I have access to, it would bring my total to $362.51, shipped.

Considering my Amazon order is sitting at $423.96, that would save me $61.45, which is nothing to scoff at. :razz:

Wait, someone posted that Amazon can ban buyers? How often does this actually happen? Suddenly my strategy of throwing gift card money at my preorder of a PS4 until it's paid off before it ships has me completely paranoid that I'd lose the $ and the PS4... that's not a real thing, is it?
Don't worry about getting banned from Amazon -- it only happens to people that are very egregious with their return policy/abusing promo codes. And even there are warning e-mails. You'll be fine.
A chair I bought in January broke in half on me after only using it like a dozen times and I griped at them until they took it back. Hah, suddenly I'm incredibly paranoid and will not be contacting their customer service until my PS4 ships. ;)

Thanks for the advice. My primary reason for going with Target is because between the REDcard 5% and the employee discount I have access to, it would bring my total to $362.51, shipped.

Considering my Amazon order is sitting at $423.96, that would save me $61.45, which is nothing to scoff at. :razz:
I hear ya. I preordered at Best Buy but will be using the Redcard and discount at my local store as well. Always have a backup method handy... some retailers WILL fall through. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen somewhere.

Yeah I remember them screwing people over the Pikachu 3DS XL. They had the pre-order up but I don't think a single person on CAG received their order.

I just got back from pre-ordering the PS4 at a local Gamestop in Florida, and they didn't seem to be too concerned they would hit their limited extremely fast, which I found surprising since I live in quite a large city but there are also probably 10-15 GS stores around town at least. 

I didn't encounter any prompt to pre-order a game to make sure I get my launch console, but he did try to upsell me on a controller, but I told him straight up I am the only person who plays games in my household. Lol still glad I could put my $100 down and make sure I get it on Day 1, I went ahead and put down $5 for Watch Dogs anyways. Between that and Drive Club PS+ edition, it should hold me over for a while until Destiny. 

:D

Don't worry about getting banned from Amazon -- it only happens to people that are very egregious with their return policy/abusing promo codes. And even there are warning e-mails. You'll be fine.
A chair I bought in January broke in half on me after only using it like a dozen times and I griped at them until they took it back. Hah, suddenly I'm incredibly paranoid and will not be contacting their customer service until my PS4 ships. ;)
The only time you should be paranoid is if you've been contacting CS for the last 2 weeks and they've been giving you $5 dollar promos or you have been returning items every 3 orders. Trust me - you're fine lol.

$362 is about the price of my Amazon pre-order.

:rofl:

I have a bit of an odd question. When I pre-ordered on Amazon I used my credit card and applied the current $17 cash back I've got towards it. I've earned an additional $6 in cash back since. Is there a way to apply more cash back at a later date without canceling my current order? When I go to My Orders summary and click Revise Payment it says, Making any changes to your payment method, including retrying your payment method, will result in reward points being removed from this order. If I click Retry payment method will I be able to add on more cash back without losing my Launch Edition? It's a bit of an odd question but I thought someone might know.

I have a bit of an odd question. When I pre-ordered on Amazon I used my credit card and applied the current $17 cash back I've got towards it. I've earned an additional $6 in cash back since. Is there a way to apply more cash back at a later date without canceling my current order?
No.

Got my email about having a launch console. So pumped.

As for the people wondering about pre-ordering at Target, I hope you have a fall-back plan. Anytime I've "reserved" something at Target, it always gets fucked. They apparently have zero way of keeping track of anything.

Question:

So I already got this pre-ordered at Best Buy in store for myself. Is it possible to pre-order one for a friend? It's my friends bday this weekend, was going to pre-order with cash as a bday present for him. Put it under his name. Or will they ask for my ID and stuff?

im leaning towards a walmart purchase,  what is this about free in stor pickup?  i cant seem to fin that option,   also if i pre order and use paypal,  do they charge anything now?

I didn't know it's OOS on Newegg, wow, that was fast... It must be an allocation thing.  Anyhow, I pre-ordered mine from Newegg before the thread updated with additional info, so I'm good :)  Pre-ordering from Amazon sucks since it's a lot slower than Newegg (I don't have Prime).

Hell, if you want a chance to get the console early, try to get an instore pre-order at walmart when they start taking them. A lot of people got the Wii U early that way.

I didn't know it's OOS on Newegg, wow, that was fast... It must be an allocation thing. Anyhow, I pre-ordered mine from Newegg before the thread updated with additional info, so I'm good :) Pre-ordering from Amazon sucks since it's a lot slower than Newegg (I don't have Prime).
Sign up for the trial, preorder, and then cancel at the end of the trial period. As long as you placed your order when you had prime, it will ship prime, regardless of when it comes out, even if you don't have prime anymore at that point.

So I also got the Amazon "Launch Day Edition" email for my order but I don't see the words "Launch Day" anywhere on my order and I can't select release day shipping. Anyone else experience this? Thought I'd check with you guys before I call Amazon.

So I also got the Amazon "Launch Day Edition" email for my order but I don't see the words "Launch Day" anywhere on my order and I can't select release day shipping. Anyone else experience this? Thought I'd check with you guys before I call Amazon.
Order only says ps4 right? Click to go to product page. Click launch edition. Right above should say you already purchased this item with a link back to your order.

I didn't know it's OOS on Newegg, wow, that was fast... It must be an allocation thing. Anyhow, I pre-ordered mine from Newegg before the thread updated with additional info, so I'm good :) Pre-ordering from Amazon sucks since it's a lot slower than Newegg (I don't have Prime).
It's only $8 for RDD. That's really not bad at all. Not to mention should anything go wrong, Amazons CS is light years ahead of Neweggs.

Order only says ps4 right? Click to go to product page. Click launch edition. Right above should say you already purchased this item with a link back to your order.
Ah, nice! I've definitely got the launch edition. Wonder why I can't get the release-day shipping though.

I'm curious about this as well.
You should sign up for GS power up card for $15 a yr. Within 24-72 hrs you will get a coupon for 50% bonus for any item you trade in which you can use for trading in your PS3. The 30% bonus is true but the 50% bonus is the best way to go if you're trading in a system plus you get extra 10% for the games. Just saying.

Got my email about having a launch console. So pumped.

As for the people wondering about pre-ordering at Target, I hope you have a fall-back plan. Anytime I've "reserved" something at Target, it always gets fucked. They apparently have zero way of keeping track of anything.
I have amazon on pre-order too for the launch edition. I'll keep both right now but really hope Target works out since I'm saving some decent money with them.

Anyone know if and when wal-mart will start taking pre-orders, and if they require the entire amount down?. I talked to a guy there yesterday who had absolutely no clue said "if we had pre-orders they'd be on a card near the gold cards" and knew nothing more unfort.

I have amazon on pre-order too for the launch edition. I'll keep both right now but really hope Target works out since I'm saving some decent money with them.
How? Via Red card?

It's only $8 for RDD. That's really not bad at all. Not to mention should anything go wrong, Amazons CS is light years ahead of Neweggs.
Amazon's CS is awesome, BTW.

For example, we bought a TV last year from Amazon, and we had to return it. So, I told the Amazon rep. I was not sure if I would be able to transport it to the UPS store for drop off, so the rep. waived the shipping fee for pick up.

Also, I had a issue a couple of months ago with some digital video content I had purchased on Amazon a while back, and for my trouble, I was given some Amazon gift card credit.

Also got the Launch day email from Amazon. There's no way I'd wait on this one, there's definitely the possibility that it'll catch fire and be impossible to find with Christmas on the line.

Besides, after spending the last three days staring at WiiU, One, and Ps4, it's clear what the must-have release day system is. I'll be curious how Microsoft turns all of this around, but I'm convinced 2014 will be all Ps4 all the time. 

Ah, nice! I've definitely got the launch edition. Wonder why I can't get the release-day shipping though.
I have Prime. When I ordered, it said:
Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

So it doesn't say Release Date Shipping on my order. It says Two Day Shipping. But I assume I'm getting release day shipping.

I have a bit of an odd question. When I pre-ordered on Amazon I used my credit card and applied the current $17 cash back I've got towards it. I've earned an additional $6 in cash back since. Is there a way to apply more cash back at a later date without canceling my current order? When I go to My Orders summary and click Revise Payment it says, Making any changes to your payment method, including retrying your payment method, will result in reward points being removed from this order. If I click Retry payment method will I be able to add on more cash back without losing my Launch Edition? It's a bit of an odd question but I thought someone might know.
I would just copy and paste this same question into an Amazon CS query and you'll likely have a definitive answer within a day.

I preordered from both amazon and gs. I had over $700 in credit at gs, so I will be getting it from there. I also preordered an extra controller, and an ps eye (not sure if this was a good idea lol). Will keep my launch amazon if one of my friends want to grab a launch system also. Did anyone preorder or even think of preordering the eye or am I just crazy?

Do you guys think we will have a better idea on what the supply for these things is going to be like closer to release?

I never decide I want one until its too late. I should preorder anyway, ill never learn

bread's done
Back