PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

If I sign up for the Amazon Prime free trial tonight when I preorder my PS4/Watchdog Launch Day bundle, will I get free release day shipping or do I need to wait until a month before it launches? Or am I just screwed and need to just pay the 8 bucks and deal with it?

Also, can I change my payment option after I click order? I want to use Amazon giftcards from GameStop but I don't yet have them so should I tell amazon to charge my credit card and then switch it to the giftcards?

Sorry, I am not a big amazon user yet, but I am starting to use it more as I am noticing they are pretty cheap with most products. Thanks guys.
You'd need to wait until the month before.

You can change the payment option after. How to do that is..." Under 'My Orders' click 'Order Summary' and at the bottom there's an option to add a gift card and enter the code and apply." -Miami_13

Thanks The Furry Panda and brennok, I'm pretty new around here so I apologize for asking a lot of questions.  But everyone here seems really nice and cool! :)

I didn't want to make a thread for this because I don't know if this is 100% true (or if it is being discussed elsewhere).  Anyway, I went into GS today to pre-order Killzone 4.  The manager there told me that Drive Club is going to be free on PS+ right at launch, so there was no reason to pre-order that game (I didn't intend to anyway).    So if you have PS+, you may not have to bother getting Drive Club.  [There were no winks involved in this conversation.]

I didn't want to make a thread for this because I don't know if this is 100% true (or if it is being discussed elsewhere). Anyway, I went into GS today to pre-order Killzone 4. The manager there told me that Drive Club is going to be free on PS+ right at launch, so there was no reason to pre-order that game (I didn't intend to anyway). So if you have PS+, you may not have to bother getting Drive Club. [There were no winks involved in this conversation.]
There will be a "limited" free version for PS+ users. It will lack tracks and cars in the full retail release.

I didn't want to make a thread for this because I don't know if this is 100% true (or if it is being discussed elsewhere). Anyway, I went into GS today to pre-order Killzone 4. The manager there told me that Drive Club is going to be free on PS+ right at launch, so there was no reason to pre-order that game (I didn't intend to anyway). So if you have PS+, you may not have to bother getting Drive Club. [There were no winks involved in this conversation.]
There will be a "limited" free version for PS+ users. It will lack tracks and cars in the full retail release.
There have been rumors that there might be a cheap unlock ability to unlock the full game. Cheap as in cheaper than buying the full game at retail, but who knows nothing concrete yet.

If I sign up for the Amazon Prime free trial tonight when I preorder my PS4/Watchdog Launch Day bundle, will I get free release day shipping or do I need to wait until a month before it launches? Or am I just screwed and need to just pay the 8 bucks and deal with it?

Also, can I change my payment option after I click order? I want to use Amazon giftcards from GameStop but I don't yet have them so should I tell amazon to charge my credit card and then switch it to the giftcards?

Sorry, I am not a big amazon user yet, but I am starting to use it more as I am noticing they are pretty cheap with most products. Thanks guys.
You'd need to wait until the month before.

You can change the payment option after. How to do that is..." Under 'My Orders' click 'Order Summary' and at the bottom there's an option to add a gift card and enter the code and apply." -Miami_13
I signed up for a trial of Prime when I preordered a PS4 and it indicates it will be shipped in 2 days.

For your guy's money if you have to trust one store to get it right and deliver your console on day one, are you going amazon or GameStop?

can anyone post their past experience with preordering a console with Best Buy?  What system? Did they have alot in stock? How many do you think? Was there a midnight launch? I preordered via Amazon but only now preordered from Best Buy because I might really want it at midnight.  Thanks

i preordered the camera for video chat with friends think it will be worth it of will the old camera work?
That is why I preordered also lol. It's nice to see some people actually going to get it. It may have one or two games, but that isn't really my interest for it.

not sure if its been covered, but will all the bundles and the launch and the standard all come with the same console?

or will there be one with a bigger HDD or more usb ports or whatever?

Don't buy Drive Club until we know more about the PS + version! It's a very fun game, though....

Funny how Ps4 preorders are doubling up Bone preorders... and how the Ps4 thread is doubling the Bone thread. LOL. 

I preordered both the Ps4 Launch edition and the Killzone Launch Bundle, to be safe. I'll cancel the former once I'm convinced I'll get the latter on day one. 

Don't buy Drive Club until we know more about the PS + version! It's a very fun game, though....

Funny how Ps4 preorders are doubling up Bone preorders... and how the Ps4 thread is doubling the Bone thread. LOL.

I preordered both the Ps4 Launch edition and the Killzone Launch Bundle, to be safe. I'll cancel the former once I'm convinced I'll get the latter on day one.
Buy both, sell one=makes the other one free. You know they will be going for insane prices on ebay lol.

Edit: I myself only have 1 preordered. That's what the devil inside is telling me to do though ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone post their past experience with preordering a console with Best Buy? What system? Did they have alot in stock? How many do you think? Was there a midnight launch? I preordered via Amazon but only now preordered from Best Buy because I might really want it at midnight. Thanks
I preordered a Wii U online for store pickup at Best Buy last year. It went well. There was no midnight launch at the store I was picking up from, but I was able to pick it up on launch day without any issues. There were no consoles in stock, just enough for preorders.

Question though does anyone dislike the social aspect of the new psn? Where you make your profile with your own name and photo? It kind of bugs me to be honest. I see it was a facebook kind of there where you see what people do in your news feed then like their stuff and what not.
No because it's not mandatory. They've already stated that if you don't want to display your real name and photo you can keep it private.

For your guy's money if you have to trust one store to get it right and deliver your console on day one, are you going amazon or GameStop?
I really don't see a reason not to pre-order from both. Amazon doesn't charge you until it ships and, if GameStop requires a down payment and you don't pick it up, you can just move the pre-order money to another purchase. I have one pre-ordered at Amazon and Best Buy. I figure, come launch day, I'll see the shipping status of my Amazon shipment before I decide to pay tax and pick it up at Best Buy.

To be 100% sure day one? GameStop. You can't control UPS so if your shipment gets delayed, you're not getting it day one. Amazon is good, but they're not 100% when it comes to RDD for me. I can always count on GS to have my stuff waiting on day one for over 15 years now. If tax is a factor, Amazon is the way to go but otherwise a spotless track record from GS is your best bet.

I really don't see a reason not to pre-order from both. Amazon doesn't charge you until it ships and, if GameStop requires a down payment and you don't pick it up, you can just move the pre-order money to another purchase. I have one pre-ordered at Amazon and Best Buy. I figure, come launch day, I'll see the shipping status of my Amazon shipment before I decide to pay tax and pick it up at Best Buy.

Thanks for your input guys. I'm going to stick with my GameStop preorder I guess and hope for the best. Three employees there have assured me that the way they are handling pre-orders it is impossible for them to oversell the pre-orders. All I can do is trust their word. I'll be pretty pissed off if after three of them giving me a guarantee, it isn't there when i go to get it. lol. I'm all paranoid now because some people swear by gamestop and some people tell horror stories of having to wait because they screwed up. I guess that can be said of any company really.

Question though does anyone dislike the social aspect of the new psn? Where you make your profile with your own name and photo? It kind of bugs me to be honest. I see it was a facebook kind of there where you see what people do in your news feed then like their stuff and what not.
No because it's not mandatory. They've already stated that if you don't want to display your real name and photo you can keep it private.
Oh they did? I guess that must of slipped my mind. I guess I feel better about that now.

. Can you buy amazon gift cards at GameStop using trade credit? I've got some stuff to trade in that will cover over half of the pre-order.
Yeah, you can. They have the Kindle Cards up.
Shit thats a good idea. I didnt think of that.
That's what I did also. Picked up $400 in cards with credit, no problem.
Damn, this is a great idea. Might get ride of my 360, which I never play and games, see what I can get.

Cancelled my Best Buy preorder today and used the money towards a $50 Amazon Gift Card. They wouldn't allow me to apply my RZ certs to the Amazon Kindle Card though .. it has always allowed this in the past. Has something changed recently that won't allow this to happen?

I'll be sticking with my gamestop preorder. I don't really see why it would be an issue unless they grossly oversell it. I'm in CA so tax is a non factor for me.

I have a preorder at amazon for the day one version still, so if I do end up wanting to go here I can always transfer my credit before it ships. But its one-way, so once you buy amazon gift cards you're going with amazon, at least this gives me the option of either for now.

I wish Sony would have done some sort of day one bonus, say 3 months of PS+ inside every day one box or something for early adopters. As we all know there is always a risk to buying a console at launch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Would changing shipping speed on Amazon effect my order? I have the Launch Edition and want to upgrade shipping to two day. Just wanna make sure it wouldn't push my order back or anything.

I have a preorder at amazon for the day one version still, so if I do end up wanting to go here I can always transfer my credit before it ships. But its one-way, so once you buy amazon gift cards you're going with amazon,
I'm not sure if that is true, you can buy GameStop cards at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/GameStop-Gift-Card/dp/B00414Y7Y6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371586292&sr=8-1&keywords=gamestop
Might work, idk though,
Probably would, but there is shipping cost with that. I'd only transfer credit if tis 1:1.

I have a preorder at amazon for the day one version still, so if I do end up wanting to go here I can always transfer my credit before it ships. But its one-way, so once you buy amazon gift cards you're going with amazon,
I'm not sure if that is true, you can buy GameStop cards at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/GameStop-Gift-Card/dp/B00414Y7Y6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371586292&sr=8-1&keywords=gamestop
Might work, idk though,
Probably would, but there is shipping cost with that. I'd only transfer credit if tis 1:1.
Didn't think about that. Nice job catching the 2.99 shipping cost. I'm used to the free shipping on anything over 25 bucks at Amazon so I didn't even check shipping. Yeah I guess once you transfer your GS Credit to Amazon it's a done deal unless you want to pay shipping and lose some money.

Cancelled my Best Buy preorder today and used the money towards a $50 Amazon Gift Card. They wouldn't allow me to apply my RZ certs to the Amazon Kindle Card though .. it has always allowed this in the past. Has something changed recently that won't allow this to happen?
I just used a $10 cert towards an amazon kindle card at best buy last week, no overrides or anything needed (actually had the guy at the register do the thing where they look up your certs in the system). So it should be working fine.

Would changing shipping speed on Amazon effect my order? I have the Launch Edition and want to upgrade shipping to two day. Just wanna make sure it wouldn't push my order back or anything.
Historically no, applying additional credit and changing shipping speed on Amazon orders has not affected preorders in any way that I'm aware of. If you want to be super safe, email customer service and ask them to change it (and at the same time confirm that you have the 'Launch Edition').

I've had orders push back before, but these were normal orders and not preorders. I'd make sure before you do change it, but I'd imagine it wouldn't do anything since its far from shipping. usually if your order is in shipping soon it can delay it.

[quote name="Kingmob46" post="10614774" timestamp="1370967794"]
Pre-Ordered at gamestop this morning and was told that I also had to pre-order one game in order for them to take the reservation. Did anyone else experience this or was it a douchey-McDouche move by that employee?

Just cause you preordered the game, I would think you didn't have to pick it up. Unless its somehow tied together like on amazing or the GameStop website.
I pre-ordered the PS4 at Gamestop yesterday and was not told I had to order a game. They asked me if I wanted to. They had 27 PS4 launch units left and 1 XBox left. I was surprised but then they told me they had 138 PS4 units allocated and only 16 XBox One units.
They didn't make me preorder a game or even bring it up.

if your getting it shipped to your house: amazon...if not gamestop.

release date delivery shipping errors happen and i know gamestop is going to have consoles at the store on launch

That ad is garbage. What nonsense, and misleading. I love the "our online poll" like the poll is Science! Anyway. I have my ps4 on pre-order along with my Xbox one.

I noticed the Best Buy preorder on PS4 was charged to my account on 6/17/13, but not the Xbox One. Anyone else get charged yet on their preorder from Best Buy?

I noticed the Best Buy preorder on PS4 was charged to my account on 6/17/13, but not the Xbox One. Anyone else get charged yet on their preorder from Best Buy?
I believe this is how BB handles preorders. They do a preauth weekly to verify the card is good. It eventually falls off, but if you have a low credit limit it could cause problems for you.

Why the fuck would they do this? it defeats the purpose of a pre-order & not only that, accrues interest on your account for something you physically do not have available. Putting something into it is one thing (ie gift certificates like i did for $25) but to be charged, no way. I'd be disappointed if they charged me for the full amount. a small fee sure, that's common sense but at least advertise how Much you have to put down not just charge. Now i have to check whether or not the actually did this.

Why the fuck would they do this? it defeats the purpose of a pre-order & not only that, accrues interest on your account for something you physically do not have available. Putting something into it is one thing (ie gift certificates like i did for $25) but to be charged, no way. I'd be disappointed if they charged me for the full amount. a small fee sure, that's common sense but at least advertise how Much you have to put down not just charge. Now i have to check whether or not the actually did this.

I had plenty to cover the charge, but I do not like this practice at all. Will they try to charge again? When? They can't play the mystery charge game with my account. The store closed already, but I will be calling to find out more. They better have a really good answer for it that doesn't begin or end with "That's our policy". It's actually illegal to charge without authorization or notifying the person before hand. I read the fine print, there's no "when we get to it we will charge clause".

I had plenty to cover the charge, but I do not like this practice at all. Will they try to charge again? When? They can't play the mystery charge game with my account. The store closed already, but I will be calling to find out more. They better have a really good answer for it that doesn't begin or end with "That's our policy". It's actually illegal to charge without authorization or notifying the person before hand. I read the fine print, there's no "when we get to it we will charge clause".
I preordered ps4 at bestbuy for pickup on the 10th and I havent been charged. Check a week later. idk

I preordered ps4 at bestbuy for pickup on the 10th and I havent been charged. Check a week later. idk
These questions been answered many times in this thread go back some pages and search. BB will authorize the amount on whatever card you use every X days until order complete.

bread's done
Back