PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I believe the PS4 will launch in Late Oct. however, highly doubt it launches on a Monday given shipping logistics...guess we will find out.
I don't get what you mean. You do realize that product keeps moving on the weekend, right? Meaning a Monday release can very well be feasible. Besides, most stores will have their allotments way before then.

Never said a Monday release was not feasible. However, normally new released electronics 'launch' on a Tuesday or later in the week. That does not mean it will not launch on a Monday or any other day. The only day I do not see Sony releasing is a Sunday due to the online orders that will need to be delivered.

It may be a Monday, personally I would prefer a Friday like the PS3.

Never said a Monday release was not feasible. However, normally new released electronics 'launch' on a Tuesday or later in the week. That does not mean it will not launch on a Monday or any other day. The only day I do not see Sony releasing is a Sunday due to the online orders that will need to be delivered.
Sunday is Nintendo's thing, so I am sure we can rule that day out all together.

Heck no, if they do it friday you'll spend all night setting it up only to have the network fail or some shit...

Monday means a week of people trickling in... Monday for the win!

Starting to get really hyped for my PS4 I got pre-ordered. I'm thinking of picking up COD Ghosts on Wii U since I loved BO2 on it but should I get it for PS4? I like being able to do two player local using the game pad with friends. Other than that I don't think I'll buy any PS4 games at launch but I will download whatever is free from Plus.

I'm switching from Xbox to Playstation this next-gen (well, with my Wii U) so it will be odd changing but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

I doubt the PS4 ships on a Monday but I hope it is late October. It would make sense to release in October for ACIV and BF4. Friday October 25th anyone?

ps4 coming out that early might in the end hurt the sales of it outside of pre orders. Most people will be like oh well if it's out in oct that means we will get a great deal on it come black friday. back when ps2 came out in oct black friday was never big like it is today. At work i just got sep and oct expected sale numbers and numbers were not high enough to included a new system launch. So either my company office has not learned of the date yet or this rumor is false.

Last edited by a moderator:
ps4 coming out that early might in the end hurt the sales of it outside of pre orders. Most people will be like oh well if it's out in oct that means we will get a great deal on it come black friday. back when ps2 came out in oct black friday was never big like it is today. At work i just got sep and oct expected sale numbers and numbers were not high enough to included a new system launch. So either my company office has not learned of the date yet or this rumor is false.
doubt their be any available on black Friday, nor would their be any deals even if people waited, assuming it launch before BF.

their always be someone who waits for a better deal an those that will pay more too have it now, versus waiting few days.

i still think we will see x1 nov 12 and ps4 week after. black friday is a week later this year then most years. x1 would be out near the date of their biggest game cod and ps4 is pushing watch dogs pretty hard and that comes out 19th.

i still think we will see x1 nov 12 and ps4 week after. black friday is a week later this year then most years. x1 would be out near the date of their biggest game cod and ps4 is pushing watch dogs pretty hard and that comes out 19th.
This is my launch prediction. Hopefully we get concrete dates for both at gamescom.

PS4 Oct 21st-29th

Xbox One Nov 5th-12th

And I agree with jimmywolf, you are not going to see any kind of deal on a next gen console come black friday.

Why do people expect BF deals on these new consoles? The best sale will be on games, not bundles or hardware. They already have to worry about launch stock let alone giving other SKUs out. Plus, since its a new console it doesn't need BF sales to move units, early adopters will be out in full force.

No company in their right mind is going to include the PS4 and XB1 sales projections when there's been no date revealed yet and signs usually point to late releases (likely November if it's like this past generations launch windows).

And mass consumers, while usually one is to expect the lowest common denominator in that window (ie: not highly intelligent or at least informed), would not expect a brand new product just launched to have any sort of Black Friday deals.

Honestly if anything Black Friday is somewhat slowing down a bit, what with deals becoming less and less due to products having less of an initial markup, and deals being available online or prior to that date. Really at this point its seemingly more of people just getting hyped into a shopping/must purchase hysteria than anything else over the past 2-3 years. If it continues its trend I see it becoming less of a big deal over the next 5-10 years, at least on the electronics side of things, as massive initial markups become more of a thing of the past due to technological improvements and competition (both manufacturers and retail).

So yeah, as far as the new systems go, Black Friday will have no impact. Maybe on old systems, but not the new ones coming out.

I think the October release for ps4 is likely. They may want to get it out before games like CoD, Battlefield, etc. to drive up sales of first party games like Killzone and Knack since people will want a game or two with their new console obviously.

iRandom really needs to change the title of this thread, launch day bundles at Amazon have been unavailable for a long time.  Every time I see this thread I think "wow, Amazon STILL has launch day bundles?".  :whistle2:?

Black friday has been a huge deal for a long time dude lol
In the last 5 years black friday has gone crazy. I worked retail doing black fridays for the last 10 years (finally out of retail now) and every year it got crazier. I remember opening at toysrus at 6am and people would get there at 5 to get in line. Then it kept getting pushed back, people getting in line earlier. Last year we opened at 8pm thanksgiving night and when I got off that morning from overnight people were already camped out at 6am.

So yes blackfriday has been a big thing for years, but in the last 5-6 years it has just gone crazy in terms of people and stores starting earlier and earlier and driving crowds with the "if people are camping out there must be good deals"

I'm glad I have my system preordered, ordered it amazon on impulse. I'll be getting on eventually since might as well, I am set on PS+ until June of 2016

I think the October release for ps4 is likely. They may want to get it out before games like CoD, Battlefield, etc. to drive up sales of first party games like Killzone and Knack since people will want a game or two with their new console obviously.
that makes sense

PS4 release date will be announced at gamescom. :bouncy:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/16/sony-will-announce-release-plans-for-the-playstation-4-at-their-gamescom-2013-press-conference/

Also, some news on Sonys subscription-based television service.

"Sony and Viacom have a tenative deal in place where Sony will have access to all of Viacom’s hit television properties. This includes MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and VH1."

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/164108-playstation-tv-sony-to-bring-internet-tv-service-to-the-ps4

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/16/sony-will-announce-release-plans-for-the-playstation-4-at-their-gamescom-2013-press-conference/

Also, some news on Sonys subscription-based television service.

"Sony and Viacom have a tenative deal in place where Sony will have access to all of Viacom’s hit television properties. This includes MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and VH1."

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/164108-playstation-tv-sony-to-bring-internet-tv-service-to-the-ps4
i think both systems will get release dates at gamescom

Why do people expect BF deals on these new consoles? The best sale will be on games, not bundles or hardware. They already have to worry about launch stock let alone giving other SKUs out. Plus, since its a new console it doesn't need BF sales to move units, early adopters will be out in full force.
Same reason why people expect a PS4 / Vita bundle, wishful thinking. The people willing to wait for Black Friday aren't the type of people that just have to have it and won't exactly be heartbroken if nothing happens. Who knows? Maybe there will be a doorbuster where a single PS4 at every Walmart will be sold with a free copy of Knack (not a bundled copy, just one they pull off the shelf)? Beyond something absurdly minor and extremely rare, we won't see anything past maybe a BF deal on PS4 / XB1 games. Target did a B2G1 free sale on Vita games for like a month after release. I recall it lasting a while anyway.

i think both systems will get release dates at gamescom
Considering the Japanese couldn't care less if the console even releases in Japan... I would say that is probably the safest bet in the world.

This.

Though, there might and probably will be Black Friday and holiday deals on the current gen. hardware, Vita, 3DS, and/or Wii U.

I especially hope so for the Wii U. Would love to play Pikmin 3 and Luigi U, but not unless Nintendo shows me they are little more serious about this console, and give us a price cut.

Eh, like it needed a confirmation lol. This is the last stop before the holidays other than TGS, which is far too late to be probable. The fact they cut pre-orders a week before was all-telling, since they want to know exactly how many orders are set in stone and make sure they're good to greenlight the release date while meeting demand. While the rumored release date is still iffy, it would be exactly two months after the presser as well which gives them time to get the hype machine rolling. If they started production this month, they'll have 2-3 million consoles at launch and those will sell out.

What's funny is XBone will be more scarce this holiday season because I have a feeling M$ is behind on production due to all the scrambling they've been doing to add last minute changes. If you want to finance your PS4 this year, an easy way to do it is resale of an X1 lol.

This.

Though, there might and probably will be Black Friday and holiday deals on the current gen. hardware, Vita, 3DS, and/or Wii U.

I especially hope so for the Wii U. Would love to play Pikmin 3 and Luigi U, but not unless Nintendo shows me they are little more serious about this console, and give us a price cut.
Yeah, I'm also hoping to score a good Black Friday deal on a Wii-U.

For those thinking that PS4 and XB1 would be affected by BF sales: Those ads are made waaaaay ahead of time. Last year the BF ads starting leaking in like September or October.

Eh, like it needed a confirmation lol. This is the last stop before the holidays other than TGS, which is far too late to be probable. The fact they cut pre-orders a week before was all-telling, since they want to know exactly how many orders are set in stone and make sure they're good to greenlight the release date while meeting demand. While the rumored release date is still iffy, it would be exactly two months after the presser as well which gives them time to get the hype machine rolling. If they started production this month, they'll have 2-3 million consoles at launch and those will sell out.

What's funny is XBone will be more scarce this holiday season because I have a feeling M$ is behind on production due to all the scrambling they've been doing to add last minute changes. If you want to finance your PS4 this year, an easy way to do it is resale of an X1 lol.
xbox one and ps4 will both be scarce this season. most of the ps4 and x1 good chance are already produced at this point. ms delayed releases in smaller areas for a reason which will allow them to have plenty of systems in thier main market which is north america.

New controller colors announced by Sony. Magma Red and Wave Blue.

DS4_Blue_01_1376998783.jpg

DS4_RED_01_1376998740.jpg

I just hope The Gamestop I preordered at didn't oversold their preorder because I won't be able to pick up my PS4 til after work on that day.

Amazon updated the product description to read the following - 

• Eligible for delivery on the Release Day, 11/15/2013.

But my Knack Launch Bundle still gives a delivery estimate of 12/31/13

I'm still kinda bummed about the November 15th launch, was really surprised by that date. I wonder if the Xbox One will release before that. Also, it looks like you can no longer pre-order the standard edition on Amazon anymore, not sure if thats old news or not.

Amazon updated the product description to read the following -

• Eligible for delivery on the Release Day, 11/15/2013.

But my Knack Launch Bundle still gives a delivery estimate of 12/31/13
My laucnh edition has been updated with the November 15th release date.

Well glad I placed an Amazon pre-order a week or two ago since they're unavailable now in the standard edition.  Estimated delivery date of January 3rd which would be fine since that's another month and a half to pay it off.

What shipping speed do you guys have? I have 2 day for my PS4. Also, I just noticed my Xbox Day One Edition has a release date of November 27th. I'm not sure if thats a placeholder.

I paid off my PS4 & the PS4 version of Watch Dogs the day after the announcement using my gamestop credit. Guy told me I should have a good chance of getting one on launch since I was in the 'first batch' so I'm hoping he's right.

It's good to finally have a release day! 

Well glad I placed an Amazon pre-order a week or two ago since they're unavailable now in the standard edition. Estimated delivery date of January 3rd which would be fine since that's another month and a half to pay it off.
Yup same here. I missed the launch edition, but glad I went ahead with the standard edition. I doubt we'll have to wait till Jan. (The Jan 3rd date was there a while) to get ours. My guess would be one month after release date. *keeping my fingers crossed*

Yup same here. I missed the launch edition, but glad I went ahead with the standard edition. I doubt we'll have to wait till Jan. (The Jan 3rd date was there a while) to get ours. My guess would be one month after release date. *keeping my fingers crossed*
Yeah, like I said I'm happy to have a little more time to build up credit and if it's a whole month and a half I can live with that. Gives them time to get the hiccups sorted out too which is good since I won't be buying any games for some time and just playing Driveclub and whatever else is free on PS+.

bread's done
Back