PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

If Sony can actually produce the 10 million units, I think they will be "easier" to find in larger markets in the weeks following launch. The people paying absurd amounts on ebay/Craigslist are in smaller markets who will not be replenished with that many units. I remember being able to walk into the Best Buy in NYC during the Wii shortage and seeing stacks of them. I went to my local stores when I returned home and you could not find them at any store. I think the average consumer will have a hard time locating them shortly after launch unless they walk in the store during a delivery (that's how I got my PS3 during the launch week and they only got 4 that day). Hopefully both Sony and Microsoft can meet the demand this time around.
If someone has any ambition of getting the console they should be able to get it. Just show up when the store opens and you should find one. The PS3 was a nightmare because they were doing 1 shipment a week which arrived at ANY TIME during the day. My brother call the local gamestop around 1 oclock during school and the employee said the truck just arrived and they are available. Getting a PS3 was a complete crapshoot because shipments were occuring during the day so you had to call everyday and be lucky to. The shipments werent arriving prior to the store opening, they were being shipped at random times during the day.

The PS3 came out on a friday, that next friday was black friday, believe it or not not a single store had PS3's on black friday. The second shipments didnt arrive for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, there won't be systems on the shelf come launch day. Gamestop alone already has 1.5 million on the list for PS4 pre-orders. You may have a SLIGHTLY better chance getting a Xbone if you didn't pre-order. I know after getting burned multiple times by MS on the first gen 360 system, no chance I'm buying a MS system until it is proven to be reliable.

The difference from making comparisons to the PS2 and PS3 launch is that Sony because aware of the problem.

Rather then letting scalpers get the money they monopolized and are more able to meet the demand. 

Again, there won't be systems on the shelf come launch day. Gamestop alone already has 1.5 million PS4 pre-orders. You may have a SLIGHTLY better chance getting a Xbone if you didn't pre-order. I know after getting burned multiple times by MS on the first gen 360 system, no chance I'm buying a MS system until it is proven to be reliable.
Yes there will be, they have consoles set aside for those who did not preorder. In order for them to put the PS4 in the Sunday Flyer prior to launch they legally have to have units available. The PS4 will be on the front of Bestbuy's flyer, thus they are obligated to have units available.

Yes there will be, they have consoles set aside for those who did not preorder. In order for them to put the PS4 in the Sunday Flyer prior to launch they legally have to have units available. The PS4 will be on the front of Bestbuy's flyer, thus they are obligated to have units available.
lol...I don't know where you get this faith from, but it's ill fated. I guess we'll see. Good luck to those who don't pre-order.....you'll need it.

lol...I don't know where you get this faith from, but it's ill fated. I guess we'll see. Good luck to those who don't pre-order.....you'll need it.

Or they can just wait like two weeks after launch day and wait for the stores to restock. That's exactly what happened with WiiU. Half of those speculator flippers got stuck doing returns many of them having to pay restocking fees.

There isn't going to be a shortage as big as there was with PS2, PS3.

Just preordered the DS4 PS4 bundle from Amazon. I still have my Xbox One preorder at Best Buy, so I have a couple months to fully make up my mind come November.

He's right though. -IF- a retailer sticks the PS4 (or xbox one) in their ad, they have to have a unit available. Because of this law, when I worked for Gamestop, I had to hold Wii's in the backroom and say we didn't have any just to make sure we had them when the ad came out. PS3 launch in my area wasn't a big deal. We never ran out of stock. Had probably 20-25 of them in the back at all times. Had trouble with 360s and Wiis but never PS3. This was SWFL.

Also, anyone in the Lee County area, Target off San Carlos still had all of the preorder cards on the shelves when I was there last.

Or they can just wait like two weeks after launch day and wait for the stores to restock. That's exactly what happened with WiiU. Half of those speculator flippers got stuck doing returns many of them having to pay restocking fees.

There isn't going to be a shortage as big as there was with PS2, PS3.
Sorry but you must be crazy thinking someone is going get a PS4 two weeks later after launch date. That would be Black Friday when all the crazy coupon moms get in line at 5 in the morning to do all their shopping (good luck with that). I think anyone wanting to get one at the store might have to wait until December or if not more.

i dont think it will be as bad as ps3 and xbox 360 launches but your crazy if you think in a week or two your going to walk in and see next gen consoles stacked up like they are going out of style. Unless you are for sure ordering launch day consoles at this point, i'd be extremely shocked if you see your console within a week or two of release. It should be ovious at this point, especially with how Amazon has converted standard pre orders to launch day, that they are alotting more and more to the stores constantly but lets face it, ps4 and xbox one will not flop like the wii u. There will be a short window for resellers and the naive people that can't wait to do what they do. I have 2 ps4 preorders, and i only plan on keeping both because i can easily sell one to a friend to regain my money but i'm truly worried bestbuy will screw me over on launch day, so the second is basically added security for myself.

Sorry but you must be crazy thinking someone is going get a PS4 two weeks later after launch date. That would be Black Friday when all the crazy coupon moms get in line at 5 in the morning to do all their shopping. I think anyone wanting to get one at the store might have to wait until December or if not more.

You're saying they will have to wait two more weeks then what I said

They better rush out and pay that scalper premium of double the price to get it two weeks earlier.

I think smart patient people will wait the extra two weeks.

41dn1krPyAL._SX385_.jpg

new bundle on amazon ,PS4 Launch With Extra controller :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BGA9WK2/ref=amb_link_6350672_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-2&pf_rd_r=48B45192F1EB4B67A569&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1497720522&pf_rd_i=playstation%204%20console

I was curious if I should pre order one of those PS4's on amazon to resell.  Anyone have any ideas if its gonna be worth it or not?  I have the credit on Amazon but, Im still stuck in a debate if I should even do it...  I honestly think everyone who wants one already has there pre-order in and if they dont well...  They obviously dont care about next gen to much.

I was curious if I should pre order one of those PS4's on amazon to resell. Anyone have any ideas if its gonna be worth it or not? I have the credit on Amazon but, Im still stuck in a debate if I should even do it... I honestly think everyone who wants one already has there pre-order in and if they dont well... They obviously dont care about next gen to much.
its not worth it like 360 and ps3 was

I will say this, getting a console now is a million times easier than getting it back in 2006. Back in 2006 stores like Bestbuy and Target had no preorders. You had to campout all night if you wanted to purchase a console their. As for gamestop? well gamestop did preorders but the preorder method was not the same. Today we had a good week to preorder, back in 2006 gamestop hyped up a "preorder" day which happened to be during the week and people sat outside of gamestop to get the preorders which were all soldout within hours.

Now here in 2013 I didnt even have to leave my room to get my Wii U and PS4 consoles locked up. In  2006 I camped out 14 hours for a Wii, in 2013 I woke up and went on bestbuy.com and preordered it with in store pickup and got my console on launch day. If someone cant get ahold of a nex-gen console, they have no one to blame but themselves. In 2006 you had 2 options, either go to gamestop preorder day or campout on launch day. Now today every store does preorders so anyone who wants it can get it. 

I am glad the days of camping out are over, they are great memories but  ALOT more stressful. You dont kno if you were going to get your console launch day because if you rolled up to the store and the line was 100+, you were screwed. I remember my Bestbuy recieving 84 units, I was in line at 42ish. The line for the Wii ended up being 600+ and I believe the 84th person arrived at like 1 a.m. and the store handed out tickets at 8 a.m. Imagine being one of those who waited 6 hours and left with nothing? 

I will say this, getting a console now is a million times easier than getting it back in 2006. Back in 2006 stores like Bestbuy and Target had no preorders. You had to campout all night if you wanted to purchase a console their. As for gamestop? well gamestop did preorders but the preorder method was not the same. Today we had a good week to preorder, back in 2006 gamestop hyped up a "preorder" day which happened to be during the week and people sat outside of gamestop to get the preorders which were all soldout within hours.

Now here in 2013 I didnt even have to leave my room to get my Wii U and PS4 consoles locked up. In 2006 I camped out 14 hours for a Wii, in 2013 I woke up and went on bestbuy.com and preordered it with in store pickup and got my console on launch day. If someone cant get ahold of a nex-gen console, they have no one to blame but themselves. In 2006 you had 2 options, either go to gamestop preorder day or campout on launch day. Now today every store does preorders so anyone who wants it can get it.
I am glad the days of camping out are over, they are great memories but ALOT more stressful. You dont kno if you were going to get your console launch day because if you rolled up to the store and the line was 100+, you were screwed. I remember my Bestbuy recieving 84 units, I was in line at 42ish. The line for the Wii ended up being 600+ and I believe the 84th person arrived at like 1 a.m. and the store handed out tickets at 8 a.m. Imagine being one of those who waited 6 hours and left with nothing?
This x a million! I was one who camped out for a GameStop preorder (I got one). This time I did everything from the comfort of my house, no camping. Now the decision is do I pick at midnight or wait til normal opening hours?

This x a million! I was one who camped out for a GameStop preorder (I got one). This time I did everything from the comfort of my house, no camping. Now the decision is do I pick at midnight or wait til normal opening hours?
I kno man, I recall Toys R Us having a limited preorder day to but they only allowed 10 preorders for each system. Seriously though, anyone who has any desire to get this console had opportunity after opportunity to get it. Preorders were open for WEEKS, back in 06 you had one day to get a preorder, hell one hour because those preorders were gone when the store opened. I dont even have to leave my house or nothing now, no camping out, no stress, no freezing my ass off, NONE. Now I just gotta decide midnight or morning.

Honestly, I'm also hoping for a possible shortage, even though it is looking very unlikely. In the event there isn't a shortage, I'll end up just returning mine unopened to amazon, I'm not a fan of early adoption

I remember having to buy a Xbox 360 bundle off Gamestop to get it from UPS on launch day. So, I was able to preorder it, but it was more that I would have intended on buying with the system.

I remember having to buy a Xbox 360 bundle off Gamestop to get it from UPS on launch day. So, I was able to preorder it, but it was more that I would have intended on buying with the system.
This to, if you wanted to buy off a website they only offered bundles that cost $100 more and they came with useless crap like cases and starter kits. They arent the bundles we see today, i remember gamestop offering a bundle that game with like the Wii and 6 games all of which were like crap.

Does anyone read the thread before posting anymore.

I was curious if I should pre order one of those PS4's on amazon to resell. Anyone have any ideas if its gonna be worth it or not? I have the credit on Amazon but, Im still stuck in a debate if I should even do it... I honestly think everyone who wants one already has there pre-order in and if they dont well... They obviously dont care about next gen to much.
I don't think it's going to be crazy 50% profit or anything but I think that if I keep both I'll get at least enough after fees to pay for that extra controller. It is going to be the middle of the holiday season and there's plenty of bad parents with whiny kids that will pay a $100 premium to appease their brats and avoid the stores.

i think their will be a shortage just mater of which states an for how long.  it going be a competitive  market too sell too them an everyone those people wanting to buy, are going try get the lowest price so their be a lot undercutting.

if your good at buying an selling go for it but if your hoping too just post i got extra ps4 for X $$$ an it sell fast, i would avoid trying. still their will be the random X person or people, who post how they made huge profit, got their ps4 for free selling their extra. etc. etc. etc.

I have both systems pre-ordered and paid off at Gamestop but I also have one of each pre-ordered at Amazon...been debating what to do but at this point guessing the availability I'm probably just going to cancel.  It's honestly not worth the hassle to me to try to resell them for $50.

I have both systems pre-ordered and paid off at Gamestop but I also have one of each pre-ordered at Amazon...been debating what to do but at this point guessing the availability I'm probably just going to cancel. It's honestly not worth the hassle to me to try to resell them for $50.
I'm just worried that GS won't have my PS4 when I go pick it up before closing on release day.

I know this is the console pre-order thread, but what games are you guys getting? I can't decide on any launch day titles except for watch dogs.

I know this is the console pre-order thread, but what games are you guys getting? I can't decide on any launch day titles except for watch dogs.
Whatever's free on PS+. Something will probably creep up in the meantime but there really isn't anything that's going to be out there for sure that I'm all that excited about before Destiny rolls around eight or nine months later.

Im having difficulty deciding also. I plan on buying just one game, I was a huge battlefield 2 fan on PS2, never really played BF3 becuase I didnt have a console to play it on and it looked a lot different than the battlefield 2 that I LOVED.

I think I will try battlefield 4 and wait and get deals on the rest of the games.

I think I will try battlefield 4 and wait and get deals on the rest of the games.
I would probably get BF4 except everyone I play BF3 with plays on PC and while it's still early the Gamescom demo supposedly looked about the same as the PS3 version of the game.

i would advise against  getting battlefield 4 at launch, since they already confirmed battlefield 4 premium will be release too later on.

i would advise against getting battlefield 4 at launch, since they already confirmed battlefield 4 premium will be release too later on.
Yeah but some of us like BF enough to justify it still. I bought BF3 after they got the issues sorted and have played probably averaged five nights a week since. With how much time I've spent playing Close Quarters alone it more than justified paying $110 total.

Yeah but some of us like BF enough to justify it still. I bought BF3 after they got the issues sorted and have played probably averaged five nights a week since. With how much time I've spent playing Close Quarters alone it more than justified paying $110 total.
i guess it is up to you. i personally felt ripped off, and being a cag at heart. after some calculation, i personally felt not worth it. i will just wait till they release battlefield 4 premium version later on, and get it.

Honestly, I'm also hoping for a possible shortage, even though it is looking very unlikely. In the event there isn't a shortage, I'll end up just returning mine unopened to amazon, I'm not a fan of early adoption
no offense to you buy i hate flippers takes away systems from people that really want one and not trying to make a quick buck

Yeah I had it preordered and almost paid off ($70 left) and if I remember correctly I was one of the 1st 20 people to do so.
Usually employees factor in your deposit amount whenever they consider releasing a preorder. Your specific deposited amount should signal to the employee that you are a guarantee to pick it up.

Usually employees factor in your deposit amount whenever they consider releasing a preorder. Your specific deposited amount should signal to the employee that you are a guarantee to pick it up.
and those who picks up on release date, like the saying goes early bird get the worm

I hope they look at it like that, I guess I just have to wait and see.

and those who picks up on release date, like the saying goes early bird get the worm
Yeah and there are also those who have work and don't feel that getting a day off to get a system/video game is not a priority, hence they should know what a preorder means.

bread's done
Back