PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I would love a 4K monitor but forget about 4K for TV stuff, I'm still waiting for everything to catch up to 1080!
If anything, 4K will help HD. Providers will need a lot of bandwidth for 4K, and therefore, one of the first things they will probably do to obtain that extra bandwidth will be to phase out SD channels (similar to how Comcast has phased out analog channels to free bandwidth for more HD channels and faster broadband), which in turn, should mean more HD channels and HD content. Direct TV, for example, says all channels will be HD by 2016.

If anything, 4K will help HD. Providers will need a lot of bandwidth for 4K, and therefore, one of the first things they will probably do to obtain that extra bandwidth will be to phase out SD channels (similar to how Comcast has phased out analog channels to free bandwidth for more HD channels and faster broadband), which in turn, should mean more HD channels and HD content. Direct TV, for example, says all channels will be HD by 2016.
Yeah I know, the cutting edge always drives the mainstream after all but it seems like we've been waiting for that forever now.

There are several channels that do 1080p, and also OLEDs are pretty much the new plasma.
I don't know how much it's changed in the last two years or so but it wasn't that long ago that all the "1080p" channels were actually qHD that was upconverted. Still looked pretty good but hopefully it's progressed since then.

Guess I overly prepared for this. Got 3 PS4 pre-orders. 1 Day One edition from Amazon, a PS4 + extra controller bundle from Amazon, pre-order from Target and a Xbox One day one edition from Amazon.

Wanted to make sure I had multiple bases covered so I don't end up like last launch and miss out. I don't want an Xbox One anymore (not that I actually did, was just playing safe by pre-ordering it early just in case they showed something of worth) so I'll most likely cancel that order.

Keeping the day one PS4 bundle since I already have $50 credit on that. Paid off Killzone: SF and going to buy a Amazon gift card at BestBuy (I have a $50 BB gift card from a deal) so I can buy an extra controller.

Going to cancel the other PS4 bundles eventually but rather wait. Might be good Christmas gifts or might just buy it and sell it off if the market is good. I don't normally sell consoles but if the money is good than I can pay off some college fees.

Wondering, what games have you guys pre-ordered. Without inFamous: SS, I feel that Killzone: SF is the best choose. No other launch games I care for.

I don't know how much it's changed in the last two years or so but it wasn't that long ago that all the "1080p" channels were actually qHD that was upconverted. Still looked pretty good but hopefully it's progressed since then.

Damn they are all pretty much going 720/1080i.

I thought they had changed it on certain channels.

[quote name="Yigytugd" post="11045898" timestamp="1378704922"

Wondering, what games have you guys pre-ordered. Without inFamous: SS, I feel that Killzone: SF is the best choose. No other launch games I care for.[/quote]

Infamous out in February, so I think KIllzone, BF4, Watch Dogs, & DriveClub/Resogun (FREE with plus) will hold me over

What are the chances of there being any sort of deals on PS4 games this Black Friday? It's only a week from launch so I'm thinking about maybe holding off a bit and get a couple games that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the chances of there being any sort of deals on PS4 games this Black Friday? It's only a week from launch so I'm thinking about maybe holding off a bit and get a couple games that day.

I think if anything it will just be giftcard deals.

Slim to none imo. But the bigger issue would be if you wait until Black Friday would there even be systems on the shelves? I highly doubt it, and if there are they'll be gone a few minutes after midnight or whenever the stores open on Black Friday.

I think if anything it will just be giftcard deals.
This would be nice, hopefully more than Best Buy's pre-order offer.

Someone mentioned a B2G1 is probable. I cancelled my Watchdogs and Rivals pre-orders incase that happens. I'm gonna roll with BF4 and Killzone Shadowfall on launch.
That would be perfect, considering there's only about 3 games I'm interested at launch.

Slim to none imo. But the bigger issue would be if you wait until Black Friday would there even be systems on the shelves? I highly doubt it, and if there are they'll be gone a few minutes after midnight or whenever the stores open on Black Friday.
There's no question that I'll be getting the PS4 on launch day, no way that I'm gonna gonna miss out on that (got that sucker preordered). I was asking about the games themselves.

I'm just hoping some reviews surface before launch day. Positive reviews for watch dogs or either of the NBA games would have me buying more at launch. For now I'm sticking with KZ BF3 and Madden.

Got the Watch Dogs launch bundle on reserve @ amazon. Gonna be spending the coming months deciding whether or not I should drop the money. Gonna cost me atleast $625 to get it with the stuff i want (gonna buy cod ghosts and i need PS+)

Got the Watch Dogs launch bundle on reserve @ amazon. Gonna be spending the coming months deciding whether or not I should drop the money. Gonna cost me atleast $625 to get it with the stuff i want (gonna buy cod ghosts and i need PS+)

Buy PS+ now on sale for $40 or cheaper of you get from a CAG, and have it for when you get the console.

Is Amazon giving a $10 credit with watchdogs and ghosts?

Guess I overly prepared for this. Got 3 PS4 pre-orders. 1 Day One edition from Amazon, a PS4 + extra controller bundle from Amazon, pre-order from Target and a Xbox One day one edition from Amazon.

Wanted to make sure I had multiple bases covered so I don't end up like last launch and miss out. I don't want an Xbox One anymore (not that I actually did, was just playing safe by pre-ordering it early just in case they showed something of worth) so I'll most likely cancel that order.

Keeping the day one PS4 bundle since I already have $50 credit on that. Paid off Killzone: SF and going to buy a Amazon gift card at BestBuy (I have a $50 BB gift card from a deal) so I can buy an extra controller.
Going to cancel the other PS4 bundles eventually but rather wait. Might be good Christmas gifts or might just buy it and sell it off if the market is good. I don't normally sell consoles but if the money is good than I can pay off some college fees.

Wondering, what games have you guys pre-ordered. Without inFamous: SS, I feel that Killzone: SF is the best choose. No other launch games I care for.
i'm getting the KZSF bundle from amazon...i like KZ plus i need the ps+ to play BF4, which is the main reason i'm jumping to nxtgen this early

Has anybody that preordered on amazon been able to successfully change their payment method without it effecting their shipping date?  I read an article not too long ago, that said the order date changed for a preorder for someone ordering halo 4 when changing the payment method.  I needed to change credit cards because I am no longer using the original credit card.  Of course customer service was useless, telling me three different things.  First saying it was fine, then saying it might effect the shipping date, and eventually saying it would automatically change the shipping date. 

I think if I can't change the payment method,  I might just go buy some amazon gift cards with the credit card I want to use and apply them to the order.  Seems like an ass backwards way of doing things, but that's amazon's fault.  Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can apply to an order?  This will not effect delivery date, will it?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out here.

Has anybody that preordered on amazon been able to successfully change their payment method without it effecting their shipping date? I read an article not too long ago, that said the order date changed for a preorder for someone ordering halo 4 when changing the payment method. I needed to change credit cards because I am no longer using the original credit card. Of course customer service was useless, telling me three different things. First saying it was fine, then saying it might effect the shipping date, and eventually saying it would automatically change the shipping date.

I think if I can't change the payment method, I might just go buy some amazon gift cards with the credit card I want to use and apply them to the order. Seems like an ass backwards way of doing things, but that's amazon's fault. Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can apply to an order? This will not effect delivery date, will it?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out here.
I am not sure about the changing of shipping dates dilemma but you could always just purchase a digital Amazon Gift Card for yourself on Amazon (ie gift yourself a gift card) for the exact amount you need and use that to pay off your order. Of-course, this means you will be charged not for your order now (for the gift card) instead of in Nov.

I am not sure about the changing of shipping dates dilemma but you could always just purchase a digital Amazon Gift Card for yourself on Amazon (ie gift yourself a gift card) for the exact amount you need and use that to pay off your order. Of-course, this means you will be charged not for your order now (for the gift card) instead of in Nov.
Yeah I will probably do something like this. Changing the credit card just seems like a hassle and a risk at this point. Also, after doing more research I realize that you most likely can add multiple gift cards to an existing order. I have some bestbuy credit that I should convert to amazon.

Yeah I will probably do something like this. Changing the credit card just seems like a hassle and a risk at this point. Also, after doing more research I realize that you most likely can add multiple gift cards to an existing order. I have some bestbuy credit that I should convert to amazon.
This is what I do, I like the peace of mind that comes from having it 100% paid for and done.

I'd love to convert my BBY credit to Amazon too, but Amazon is "sold out" of pre-orders. So at this point, I'm pretty much just going to try my luck at Launch Party Best Buy Bingo and hope I can get a ticket for a PS4.

I was going to hold out on the next gen, but BF4 has pulled me in and I do not want to be that far behind the curve  :twoguns:

bf3 on pc had 64 players and some times was fun but sometimes it was not was times that half the other team would all sit in a group in one spot was annoying

bf3 on pc had 64 players and some times was fun but sometimes it was not was times that half the other team would all sit in a group in one spot was annoying

I seriously read that entire shit in caveman voice HAHA

LMAO. I had to too after you said that.

I'm just hoping some reviews surface before launch day. Positive reviews for watch dogs or either of the NBA games would have me buying more at launch. For now I'm sticking with KZ BF3 and Madden.
Wouldn't it be crazy if NBA Live made this crazy comeback from the brink of permadeath by launching on next gen and actually being next gen when EA usually takes two to three years to churn out the first true next gen iteration. While I have no love for NBA Live I still think that would be an awesome scenario if it ends up better than 2K14 and dethrones the king (especially with Lebaron on the cover).

He's right, it sounds great and sometimes it is but most of the time it's not nearly as good as 32 or 48 man servers. The game just doesn't feel as well balanced with 64 people but when two of the three platforms are capped at 32 I'm sure that's where most of their time went into getting right.

Hey guys,

How long are best buy and walmart going to take pre orders.

I fear I really missed the chance with playcation to get a ps4 by trading in my Wii U.
What options are there for me as far as trading in my Wii U?

I wasn't interested in getting a Ps4 yet. But after watching BF4 and Watch Dogs gameplay videos, I'm dying for one : /

Pre ordered the first day of the promotion on 8/24. Paid the initial 10%. Today, made the final payment. I must say, it is a load off my back now that I don't have to worry about it come launch. My games, dualshock 4, and PS+ card are at Gamestop.

Now, I have to decide how I'm going to proceed in getting this at launch as I have the 15-17th off work. Do I go at midnight and game all night. Or be more human and go to bed normally after work the 14th, and get up bright and early the morning of the 15th? Decisions, Decisions.

u2asa7er.jpg
ebu7yjaq.jpg

Pre ordered the first day of the promotion on 8/24. Paid the initial 10%. Today, made the final payment. I must say, it is a load off my back now that I don't have to worry about it come launch. My games, dualshock 4, and PS+ card are at Gamestop. Now, I have to decide how I'm going to proceed in getting this at launch as I have the 15-17th off work. Do I go at midnight and game all night. Or be more human and go to bed normally after work the 14th, and get up bright and early the morning of the 15th? Decisions, Decisions.
Go at midnight just to be sure you get yours in case there's not enough for preorders. That's what I'm gonna do, just make sure you bring a friend or some one else along just in case. I don't trust my Gamestop not after they sold my ME 3 CE to the next guy becuase i wasn't there at midnight.

Edit: Just remembered they did this with my Vita Ragnarok Odyssey copy decided to pick it up after work only to find out it was accidentally sold. How does this happen when they had only 3 pre orders for that game?

I plan to be there at midnight, you just never know even though hopefully the supply will be there.  I won't play until Friday evening but I'll feel much better have it sitting in my house.

Be sure to be there at midnight. GameStop sold my launch Xbox 360 which was paid in full. I used amazon this time around.

I refuse to buy more than one game at launch, Black Friday is 2 weeks after, I know the Wii U didnt see a single deal on games but im sure certain PS4 games like Madden will see a major deal on Black Friday.

Be sure to be there at midnight. GameStop sold my launch Xbox 360 which was paid in full. I used amazon this time around.
Times have changed man, they dont operate like that anymore. Back then they took 100+ preorders with absolutely no clue about how many they were getting. The Wii and PS3 launches they fixed the issue and it was no longer a problem. The Wii U had no problems either, gamestop knows how many systems they are getting and they wont exceed that preorder number.

I recall a gamestop managing saying back in 2005 that he had to call about 100+ disgruntled customers the days prior to the 360 launch. He hated his job completely by the end of it.

I refuse to buy more than one game at launch, Black Friday is 2 weeks after, I know the Wii U didnt see a single deal on games but im sure certain PS4 games like Madden will see a major deal on Black Friday.
Wii u games had to B2G1 at target and toys r us and B1 get 50%someone off.

I think every store will get consoles to cover the pre-orders.
I think this is correct as well, the problems are going to come when people don't pick them up/how long GS holds them for. Could see some parents having pre-ordered for the holiday and just waiting until the week before Christmas to pick it up only to find out that they have been sold.

I think this is correct as well, the problems are going to come when people don't pick them up/how long GS holds them for. Could see some parents having pre-ordered for the holiday and just waiting until the week before Christmas to pick it up only to find out that they have been sold.
Does it not say on your receipt how long GS will hold your console? Game pre-orders always say 48 hours. Is it different with consoles?

bread's done
Back