PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Better than
major-nelson-xbox-oneh7x98.gif
That was hilarious.

I live in a self, well lit area. I really don't have anything to fear, lol.
Until I find out where you live... then we'll have to be friends and you'll live every day in fear.

Yoshida tweeted that the colored DS4's will be available "soon" after launch. Im not in a rush to get a second controller so imma wait for dat blue one. :drool:
I really want the blue one as well and since the $30 promo doesnt end until Dec 31 I'm going to hold off in hopes that I can pick up a colored one for $30 off

Last edited by a moderator:
HARTFORD, Conn. — Two armed thugs tried to rob a line of people waiting for the new PlayStation 3 game system to go on sale early Friday and shot one man who refused to give up his money, authorities said.

In Sullivan, Ind., a man was in critical condition after emergency surgery for a stab wound after he and a friend tried to rob two men of consoles they waited 36 hours in line to buy, police said.

Nationwide, short supplies of the PS3 and strong demand led to long lines of buyers, some waiting for days outside stores. Once the doors opened Friday, they pushed and shoved their way to the shelves in several cities to get at the limited supply. Two people were arrested in Fresno, Calif., after a crowd trampled people in a parking lot.

It was about 3 a.m. when the two gunmen in Putnam, a town of about 9,000 residents in northeast Connecticut, confronted 15 to 20 people standing outside a Wal-Mart store and demanded money, said State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance.

"One of the patrons resisted. That patron was shot," Vance said.

Vance said the gunmen fled after shooting Michael Penkala, 21, of Webster, Mass., in the chest and shoulder. Penkala was in stable condition at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., with injuries not believed to be life-threatening, Vance said.

Police were searching for the suspects, both believed to be in their teens, Vance said. He said one was wearing a ski mask and brandishing a handgun, and the other had what appeared to be a shotgun.

About 30 miles away, another shopper was beaten and robbed of his new PlayStation 3 just minutes after he bought it at a store in Manchester, police said.

The shopper told police five men surrounded and beat him as he left the Shoppes at Buckland Hills.

Police Sgt. Chris Davis said the attackers pushed one of their cohorts out of the car as they drove away. That man, a 17-year-old from Windsor, was charged with robbery, larceny, assault and breach of peace.

Four other teenagers were arrested, and more arrests were expected, police told WTNH-TV late Friday.

Andrew Templeton, 20, and David Wiggins, 28, of Sullivan, Ind., were assaulted by two teens after waiting for 36 hours at a Super Wal-Mart, police said.

They were unloading their PlayStation 3s from their car when two teens approached them carrying a chain and a tire iron and demanding their consoles, said Sullivan Police Chief David Story.

A fight broke out. Wiggins' nose was broken, and he stabbed one of the attackers, Dylan Moss, 19, police said. Moss was in critical condition after surgery, officials said.

Sullivan County Prosecutor Bob Springer said he plans to charge Moss and accomplice Dustin Fagg, 19, with felony robbery.

Elsewhere, two men wearing black ski masks and sunglasses made off with five consoles after holding two employees at gunpoint at an Englewood, Ohio, video game store Thursday night, police said.

A Pennsylvania teenager was also robbed of his new PlayStation by a man who tapped on his car window with a handgun in Allentown, police said.

In Lexington, Ky., someone fired BB pellets from a passing vehicle at people waiting outside a Best Buy store, according to WKYT, whose own reporter said she was among four people grazed while she interviewed buyers in line.

Police fired a talcum powder ball at the ground outside a Target store in Henrico, Va., to get the attention of an unruly crowd of about 350 people who were waiting to buy one of the shop's eight consoles, police said.

In McLean, Va., police fired pepper pellets Friday morning to subdue a rowdy crowd of about 200 people outside a Circuit City store at Tysons Corner Center mall. One person complained of shortness of breath after the pellets were fired and was taken to the hospital, authorities said.

A Best Buy store in Boston, aware it had only 140 of the consoles, got smart about the big sale — its employees gave out tickets to the first 140 people in line so everyone could go home until the store opened.
^News article I found from PS3 launch. I haven't been to a console launch for so long, I forgot how crazy they are like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEEc6KmwDI

^Damn. I'm happy I got mine pre-ordered at amazon but I'm kinda paranoid that my shipment might get lost or delivered to the wrong address or something.

I really want the blue one as well and since the $30 promo doesnt end until Dec 31 I'm going to hold off in hopes that I can pick up a colored one for $30 off
You and I are on the same page.

And that's why I'm not going at midnight launch. I'll just pick it up the next day at noon or so. Is there going to be swag given out or something usually? Why would one go to a midnight launch?

I live in a super nice area now with plenty of security (The gamestop is right within walking distance of a police station).

So for once I'm not worried about picking up a console. I still remember how damn sketchy it was when I got my PS3 and Wii, they actually had security guards walk people individually to their cars because there were so many robberies in the area.

And that's why I'm not going at midnight launch. I'll just pick it up the next day at noon or so. Is there going to be swag given out or something usually? Why would one go to a midnight launch?
same reason why people go to midnight launch for games to play it first and for these make sure you get one even if you pre order.

I'm not going to a midnight release but that's because my pre-order is in a store halfway across the valley and I'm working a trial that morning and student government that afternoon. My biggest fear is that all the games will be gone. I need to do some Amazon pre-orders I guess...

I'm not going to a midnight release but that's because my pre-order is in a store halfway across the valley and I'm working a trial that morning and student government that afternoon. My biggest fear is that all the games will be gone. I need to do some Amazon pre-orders I guess...
games will not be gone alot of them will be out before system release date just buy them couple days early

same reason why people go to midnight launch for games to play it first and for these make sure you get one even if you pre order.
I understand playing it first, and usually game midnight launches might have some swag. I don't think the making sure I get mine part will matter to me as I know my store does keep it for a couple of days before selling it to others. Anyone been to a console midnight launch and gotten some swag?

Same reason people go to see new movies at midnight, because it's fun/exciting.

^News article I found from PS3 launch. I haven't been to a console launch for so long, I forgot how crazy they are like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEEc6KmwDI
Wait. That's the guy that has the best outro of any news reporter. What a coincidence...

A lot of people go to midnight launches to socialize. It can be fun standing around talking with a bunch of people who're really excited to play their machine and not have to deal with the usual fanboy / online drama. Also Swag is typically given.

A lot of people go to midnight launches to socialize. It can be fun standing around talking with a bunch of people who're really excited to play their machine and not have to deal with the usual fanboy / online drama. Also Swag is typically given.
too bad this day and age you gt alot of annoying teenagers at midnight launches :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk0wDbyKcSg

:lol:
Now I can sleep happily.

Ah, that's one aspect I always forget. Social interaction.

45GB MINIMUM FOR A DISC BASED GAME?! Wow, guess we'll all be upgrading the HDD sooner than later if that's the norm.
It's probably going to get much bigger considering patches and DLC. Knack has broke street date up in Canada and people are saying that game requires 37GB.

It's probably going to get much bigger considering patches and DLC. Knack has broke street date up in Canada and people are saying that game requires 37GB.
So.... we get to play like, what. Ten games. That's it. No more, guys.

45 GB even though I will have the disc? 500 GBs will not last a year for me.
Out of everything this gen, what I get the least is how the XBox One was going to put all the games on the HD without it being upgradable - before the DRM turnabout.
If it takes up about the same room with or without the disc it seems pointless to get Battlefield 4 for PS4 instead of waiting for PS3 on BF.

Out of everything this gen, what I get the least is how the XBox One was going to put all the games on the HD without it being upgradable - before the DRM turnabout.
If it takes up about the same room with or without the disc it seems pointless to get Battlefield 4 for PS4 instead of waiting for PS3 on BF.
No doubt. I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah it's been on gamefaqs, if you ordered a launch edition on June 10-11 when you click it in your order it takes you to the DS4 bundle and tons of people have double and triple checked with amazon reps and they are stating you will get 2 controllers and that you've been "upgraded". Probably a glitch on amazons part but if you talk to a rep I'm sure you can get them to honor it if they confirm you should be getting 2
Oooohhhh, shit. Nice, my link is showing 2 DS4. If this is accurate, then fuck Yea!

EDIT: nvm, i when i click on the "Launch Edition w/o the extra DS4", i get a message at the top screen telling me that I've already purchase this item. Did not get the same message for the DS4 bundle that my purchase order clearly linked too.

Oooohhhh, shit. Nice, my link is showing 2 DS4. If this is accurate, then fuck Yea!

EDIT: nvm, i when i click on the "Launch Edition w/o the extra DS4", i get a message at the top screen telling me that I've already purchase this item. Did not get the same message for the DS4 bundle that my purchase order clearly linked too.
I ordered the Watch Dogs bundle, since it was delayed amazon switched me to the regular launch edition, it to is showing me the DS4 bundle when I click on it.

I contact Amazon Customer Support and they told me that I will get 2 controllers, and I asked if this was a glitch in the system (the glitch being my order on one page says the regular launch edition but then that taking me to the DS4 bundle) and they basically said to not worry, I will get two controllers and if anything is wrong with my order that I can contact them when my order arrives and get it fixed.

I think if you can contact CS and get them to say you will get two controllers you are golden. And save the transcript. :) Going to be a fun Nov 15 :)

So havent really paid attention to how easy it is to upgrade the hd as i just assumed that if you bought disc games you wouldnt have to, you know, install the WHOLE fuckING game. 

Same as ps3? Just buy a hd and pop it in basically?

Oh and did Sony troll us all??? Digital games delivered via disc with just a disc check to make sure you can play it....

So havent really paid attention to how easy it is to upgrade the hd as i just assumed that if you bought disc games you wouldnt have to, you know, install the WHOLE fuckING game.

Same as ps3? Just buy a hd and pop it in basically?

Oh and did Sony troll us all??? Digital games delivered via disc with just a disc check to make sure you can play it....
Maybe, just maybe call me crazy but I think the label reaction is highly overblown and the 45 GB thingy is a optional install of the game, kinda like the Xbox 360 feature. You know, to stabilize it and such.

Maybe, just maybe call me crazy but I think the label reaction is highly overblown and the 45 GB thingy is a optional install of the game, kinda like the Xbox 360 feature. You know, to stabilize it and such.
The installs are probably required. The "play with only a partial install!" feature is clearly designed to minimized the pain and delay before getting into a game, and I'm sure it reached disc installs in addition to downloads.

From a design standpoint, installs make sense. You have to get gas to an engine to make it go. Even with the faster blue ray drives on the PS4 and XBone, an optical disc read is going to be orders of magnitude slower than a disk read.

required space, not required install?  I mean it could be that that is the amount you need no matter what if you want to install... if it just said required install instead of required space....  could be wording

My DS4 is preparing to ship so should have it soon.

required space, not required install? I mean it could be that that is the amount you need no matter what if you want to install... if it just said required install instead of required space.... could be wording
Sorry, I was misremembering the imaged the image in my having just woken up. Here's the little quick info area from the image. Says "HDD 45GB MINIMUM".

rs615c.jpg

i really hope the systems don't require the installs... still wondering if that again is refering to if you want to install the game?  Just says 45gb Minimum.... doesn't say for install or save dtat or what...  really wish omeplace would clarify!

i really hope the systems don't require the installs... still wondering if that again is refering to if you want to install the game? Just says 45gb Minimum.... doesn't say for install or save dtat or what... really wish omeplace would clarify!
That's not save data. :rofl:

Doing some Googling it says that it's 41.5GB on disc. They've confirmed it's going to be over 50GB for the digital version. Only thing I can think is that they've got a lot of compressed textures to fit within the disc capacity (since they were talking it's almost 300GB with uncompressed textures) and you'll have to install and decompress some of that maybe.

If anyone wants to know what your Costco has in stock, and they won't tell you over the phone I need the store number, and what your wanting to know. I can try to look up stock or incoming stock!

Also Costco is still in the gaming market. They are just reworking the way they do things!
Any true CAG knows better then to simply call the store. I don't know how many times it has to be said, your luck is a hundred times better if you actually go into the store and ask directly.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

That's not save data. :rofl:

Doing some Googling it says that it's 41.5GB on disc. They've confirmed it's going to be over 50GB for the digital version. Only thing I can think is that they've got a lot of compressed textures to fit within the disc capacity (since they were talking it's almost 300GB with uncompressed textures) and you'll have to install and decompress some of that maybe.
45 GB for the planned DLC!

If anyone wants to know what your Costco has in stock, and they won't tell you over the phone I need the store number, and what your wanting to know. I can try to look up stock or incoming stock!

Also Costco is still in the gaming market. They are just reworking the way they do things!
Costco is going to have them? That's good to know.

I have no problem with the install size. I mean it's not like I can't delete an install, plus PC users have to install, everytime.

Sure it sucks having a 50 gb install but it's not the end of the world.

I have no problem with the install size. I mean it's not like I can't delete an install, plus PC users have to install, everytime.

I think BF3 with Premium is the biggest game I own by far and that's only 32GB and doubles most other large current gen PC games. I also have six terabytes of storage in my PC, not 465GB before system software.

What happens when PS+ stops rolling out full PS4 games? When you start buying digital? When you have a half dozen games you play regularly? These aren't going to be quick five minute installs if the games are that big. Time to start watching prices on 2TB drives.

A 7GB install is about 30 minutes. You're okay with waiting several hours for installation just to play a game?

bread's done
Back