PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Then you wont be getting an Xbox One lol. Microsoft has already confirmed they wont be selling a bundle without the Kinect. Your gonna have to wait for a price drop.
Until they decide they want a value bundle in a couple years.

I don't expect the PS4 camera to sell well, which will probably make the good content limited. Xbox One content creators have the benefit of a Kinect with every system, so anyone can experience their content without having to buy a $60 accessory. I will say at least it's more reasonable than the $150 price the Kinect launched at.
See, if not for PS+ I would be really tempted to switch to the Xone. The potential if those marquee studios start working with Kinect is definitely exciting and there's actually launch games I want to play (Dead Rising and Forza).

Kinect 1 was garbage, the only good thing that came from it was the Dance Central. That's it. Voice commands were a joke too. I'm just glad Sony didn't force the camera on us, would have sucked to have to pay for something I didn't want. And damn that PS4 camera is tiny.
For gaming sure, but (like the other guy said) people did some insanely innovative and creative things with the Kinect.

Check out these multiplayer feeds from the PS4 version of Battlefield 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc4i8hARuGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oWkgNO2coc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81RJAoZJVEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Objaswg-Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG2nyFZdr1k

Make sure you change the video resolution to 1080p or 1440p.  Graphics look incredible, hard to believe we are getting this out of a $400 machine!!  Only 2 1/2 weeks to go, super pumped!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an assumption, given how popular the Call of Duty, series has been on the Xbox 360 compared to the PS3 it wouldn't be far fetched to expect people to just upgrade with the series and continue to play it on Xbox. I know I can name a bunch of people I know getting it for Xbox One, after having played them on the 360.
Gotchya. I actually thought you were referring to the Trade-up program lol. I was thinking to myself "huh? I thought both could." lol.

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"PlayStation 4 Killzone Launch Day Bundle"
    Estimated arrival date: November 15, 2013

Check out these multiplayer feeds from the PS4 version of Battlefield 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc4i8hARuGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oWkgNO2coc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81RJAoZJVEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Objaswg-Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG2nyFZdr1k

Make sure you change the video resolution to 1080p or 1440p. Graphics look incredible, hard to believe we are getting this out of a $400 machine!! Only 2 1/2 weeks to go, super pumped!!
Looks pretty good, but KZ Shadowfall MP is going to crush this and COD in terms of visuals. Its definitely the best looking MP game coming out at launch.

Hopefully PS4 games get leaked early. I mean why should we have to wait to have games that we can't even play, lol. Plus I would like to get my games so I don't have to drive around launch weekend looking for games. I have other business to take care of that weekend.

Hopefully PS4 games get leaked early. I mean why should we have to wait to have games that we can't even play, lol. Plus I would like to get my games so I don't have to drive around launch weekend looking for games. I have other business to take care of that weekend.
How does this even make sense? Why can't you just pick up the games when you get your console? If you're THAT worried about wasting time, why not preorder yourself a copy?

So yea the calls weren't a glitch, my store called me this morning saying they have killzone in stock, centreville, va
1382015_10102334774301062_1867237994_n.jpg

So I got the Best Buy in-store self service gaming kiosk to print up a pre-order ticket for the PS4.  I took the receipt to the cashier and the cashier could not process the pre-order.  Spoke with the manager about the problem and I got my pre-order.  A few days later I go to the same Best Buy and the PS4 is no longer listed on the kiosk.

im all for the games coming out a little earlier.... nice to have them ready for launch day.. plus I can gamefly them to make sure they are here at launch

My GS didn't get their Killzone shipments in yet. Told me to come back tomorrow.

I do have a question regarding people that did pick their copies up. Is the Shadow Pack pre-order DLC printed on the receipt?

I really hope that Dell has more bundles for sale soon..missed out yesterday(that teaches me a lesson for thinknig about it) either that or I will have to wait til launch day and hope that stores like Target and Kmart will have them in stock

Does BF4 not have 64 players anymore for PS4 and XB1 because those videos don't seem to show any confirmation that it does and maybe it got scratched last minute?

Does BF4 not have 64 players anymore for PS4 and XB1 because those videos don't seem to show any confirmation that it does and maybe it got scratched last minute?
Taken from an Dice official interview on their site.

R3NAI55ANCEMAN also asked, “How many players can one match have on the Xbox 360 and the PS3?”

Battlefield 4 will support 24 players on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with two additional commanders depending on the game mode. We will support 64 players on PC as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4, a first for the Battlefield series on console.

Err, just realized the article is a bit old. Maybe some things changed not sure.

unboxing a controller is helpful?
I was going by your generalized comment of Unboxing Videos.

Unboxing videos could be helpful for controllers if you're wondering how it looks front and back or want to know if there are extras in the box. I use those vids, sometimes, when I am thinking of buying something(or just curious about an item) and when I am wondering if a game I bought should have come with Club Nintendo coins, lol.

B2G1 at Target may force me to go PS4 hunting on launch day. I've got a few reservations about getting a PS4, mainly being more familiar with the Xbox brand (never bought a PS3 and barely touched the PS2), but getting 3 games for close to the same price as Xbox One is certainly tempting.

And, yes, before anyone jumps me - I did say that I wasn't too worried about $100 over the life of the consoles.

B2G1 at Target may force me to go PS4 hunting on launch day. I've got a few reservations about getting a PS4, mainly being more familiar with the Xbox brand (never bought a PS3 and barely touched the PS2), but getting 3 games for close to the same price as Xbox One is certainly tempting.

And, yes, before anyone jumps me - I did say that I wasn't too worried about $100 over the life of the consoles.
Im in the same boat. I always played the 360 and my PS3 was only used as a blue ray player. Of course they may run the same deal on Xbone games when it comes out.

I can understand what you're saying.

PS4 $400

Buy 2 Get 1 PS4 Games $120

PS+ Subscription from GameStop on Black Friday $30

Total $550 before taxes

Give the PS4 a try, the dualshock 4 has improved a lot. If you don't like it you can always return it back to the store. You will probably take a slight hit on the games if you happen to open them and trading them in.

Just an FYI for CAG's . I live in the Boise area and just got a launch edition ps4 locked down. The guy said all Fred Meyers in the area got 10 extra .

I still haven't given up on finding PS4 on launch day. I stopped by three different retailers today.

At Walmart the sales person said that I could go ahead and pre-order the system (SCORE!). But upon trying to scan the barcode in their pre-order folder the register denied the sale. Upon further investigation the department head said that the store had a max quota for system pre-orders that was already met (whatever that means).

At Target the guy in electronics had to stifle laughter when I asked about getting one. He also said the store was only supposed to get five units and they were already on hold for customers.

Lastly I went to a Kmart. The sales lady there that runs the electronic department only knew that there was "something called a PS4 coming out on November 15th". lol. She said they had no hold list or pre-ordering, but that the store should have some on launch day. So guess where I intend to be at on the morning of the 15th?

I intend to double check with both Walmart and Kmart the day before launch. But I think that Kmart is going to be my best shot as long as I'm at the store well before they open on the 15th.

Sure enough, I picked up my preorder of Shadow Fall at GameStop. Employees had no idea about any preorder bonuses and their system didn't show any. Probably because it's not street date yet. Gonna callback tomorrow and see if we can work this out.

I still haven't given up on finding PS4 on launch day. I stopped by three different retailers today.

At Walmart the sales person said that I could go ahead and pre-order the system (SCORE!). But upon trying to scan the barcode in their pre-order folder the register denied the sale. Upon further investigation the department head said that the store had a max quota for system pre-orders that was already met (whatever that means).

At Target the guy in electronics had to stifle laughter when I asked about getting one. He also said the store was only supposed to get five units and they were already on hold for customers.

Lastly I went to a Kmart. The sales lady there that runs the electronic department only knew that there was "something called a PS4 coming out on November 15th". lol. She said they had no hold list or pre-ordering, but that the store should have some on launch day. So guess where I intend to be at on the morning of the 15th?

I intend to double check with both Walmart and Kmart the day before launch. But I think that Kmart is going to be my best shot as long as I'm at the store well before they open on the 15th.

KMart is the best bet for sure..I remember when I pre ordered the Wii U(Now I know this doesnt compare to the PS4 but still) I only did it because people were saying how difficult it would be to get one..when I picked it up at Gamestop, I passed by Kmart, and sure enough, they had 10 in stock..they had plenty of them, so I think I am just going to go to Kmart on launch day and see what happens..since I couldnt get in on the Dell bundle promotion I will either wait til they have another bundle available or just go on launch day to the store and see what happens

At Walmart the sales person said that I could go ahead and pre-order the system (SCORE!). But upon trying to scan the barcode in their pre-order folder the register denied the sale. Upon further investigation the department head said that the store had a max quota for system pre-orders that was already met (whatever that means).

Sears and Kmart will be my go to's assuming there is nothing left at Wal-mart at midnight.

I'm in the same boat for finding one on launch day. Luckily I have Fridays off so I can hit some stores first thing. The leaked Target ad says "get the ps4 system at 8am" as if they're going to have extras.

Does anyone have a list of what PS4 games are available for purchase at the moment or is it just a select few Killzone games?

Amazon got Injustice up for preorder finally. Says November 12th, but I would like to get games at a store if possible. Just because I had GTA 5 take like 5 days extra to get to my house because Amazon messed up.

What B2G1 sale?

Does anyone know if play station plus is going to work the same on ps4? Will you get the same free games that are available now and also new ones monthly ?

At launch PS+ will have Contrast and Resogun for free. There will still be free PS3/PS Vita games as well. After the initial launch, I am not quite sure how they will handle PS4 after Contrast and Resogun. DriveClub when it finally arrives will be apart of the Instant Game Collection. It won't be a full..full game, but enough of the game that the Developer's said you can Platinum Trophy it. Hope that helps.

Here's the official link. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

At launch PS+ will have Contrast and Resogun for free. There will still be free PS3/PS Vita games as well. After the initial launch, I am not quite sure how they will handle PS4 after Contrast and Resogun. DriveClub when it finally arrives will be apart of the Instant Game Collection. It won't be a full..full game, but enough of the game that the Developer's said you can Platinum Trophy it. Hope that helps.

Here's the official link. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/
Thanks for the info Borma!! The game in the trailer looked kinda good . I hope ps plus and xlive try to outdo each other this gen and we all get lots of free games .

bread's done
Back