PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this is out today (I picked up my preorder at BB)

1460151_10201825198385262_1464948106_n.jpg
Awesome I had mine also pre-ordered at BestBuy and hopefully going to pick it up tomorrow. Did you also get the Pre-order Bonus for it?

It just might be possible to stack a PS3 Slim on top of a PS4. The difference in width is 0.6'' and the pads on the bottom of the PS3 Slim have some space between them and the sides of the system. 
size23.jpg
ps3-slim-bottom.jpg

Interesting, I didn't realize the PS4 was going to be comparable to the PS3 Slim's size.  That won't be too bad on the entertainment shelf.  I'll have to shove the Wii off the bottom shelf and re-jigger things (poor thing).  The Xbox One dwarfs the old Fat PS3, yikes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me is or is this week taking Forever! I woke up this morning thinking surely it has to be Thursday, no such luck. Darn Tuesday!

I cant imagine how slow next week is going to go because this week is killing me.  =D

Launch Day is going to be so much fun. Can't Wait!

Yeah, seeing the retail box and realizing how tiny this console is really sells it as sleek/hip.  It almost has an Apple shine to it. . .

Well crap on a cracker.  I was trying to figure out whether I was going to place the PS4 or PS3 on my desk so I knew whether I needed to order a long USB cable for the DS4 or not and realized my whole setup plan is flawed.

TV only has two HDMI ports so was going to have the one on my desk running through my monitor (monitor is 1080 vs 720 on the TV) and there's three consoles to hook up through HDMI (PS3, PS4, WiiU).  It just dawned on me though that I won't have any way to output sound it I run one through my monitor though.  There's splitters/source selectors to hook it all to the TV but the only way to fit them all in the entertainment center would be to stack the PS3 on the PS4 which I'm not crazy about.  Can't afford any of the speakers I've found with RCA inputs and running it into my existing computer speakers would require a mess of adapters to get them connected to PC and console.

Any ideas?  Too bad these dumb consoles won't output game audio through a USB headset, have plenty of those lying around.

Since UPS delivery (assuming that's what amazon goes with) is usually late for me I've been toying with the idea of having them hold the package for pick up. Does anyone have experience doing this? Also does it have to be one of the bigger facilities or can you choose a smaller UPS store?
I have done this. It has to be at their local distribution center and not a store. But I would check directly with UPS to see if it has changed.

And we already saw with this generation that multi-platform games are going to look all but identical anyway and the PS3/360 were far more different from each other in architecture than the PS4/Xone are.
Not an analogous situation. The 360 and PS3 were both roughly the same power, but PS3 had a complex architecture that developers found harder to develop for, leading to slightly worse looking multiplatform ports over the course of its lifespan.

In the case of next-gen consoles, the PS4 is not only easier to develop for, but also has a significantly more powerful graphics processor as well.

This is partly why we're now seeing 60-100% more pixels rendered in the PS4 versions of games, whereas the difference last generation was smaller (~0-20% difference in pixels rendered).

Good lord those PS4 boxes are tiny. Hopefully they are packed well enough. I just hope Amazon, and UPS or whoever ships my package has no trouble with this. I had trouble with GTA V almost getting lost so I worry.

Well crap on a cracker. I was trying to figure out whether I was going to place the PS4 or PS3 on my desk so I knew whether I needed to order a long USB cable for the DS4 or not and realized my whole setup plan is flawed.

TV only has two HDMI ports so was going to have the one on my desk running through my monitor (monitor is 1080 vs 720 on the TV) and there's three consoles to hook up through HDMI (PS3, PS4, WiiU). It just dawned on me though that I won't have any way to output sound it I run one through my monitor though. There's splitters/source selectors to hook it all to the TV but the only way to fit them all in the entertainment center would be to stack the PS3 on the PS4 which I'm not crazy about. Can't afford any of the speakers I've found with RCA inputs and running it into my existing computer speakers would require a mess of adapters to get them connected to PC and console.

Any ideas? Too bad these dumb consoles won't output game audio through a USB headset, have plenty of those lying around.
This is from the PS4 faq

Is it possible to output all game audio through DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack?
Yes, you can select the Output to Headsets option to either ‘Chat Audio’ or “All Audio.”

What's the hold up on next week's Best Buy ad? Don't we usually have the ads a couple of weeks in advance?
The ads typically aren't a couple of weeks early.

The highlights I see in the Best Buy ad is:

Buy 3 select PS4 games get $25 in Rewards Zone points

Killzone Shadowfall

Battlefield 4

Assassins Creed Black Flag

Madden 25

Fifa 14

NBA 2K14

Knack

Injustice

The ad also mentions the new Gamers Club Promo.

Gave it a spin last night at Bestbuy... Fifa was definitely underwhelming.. Hope to try out some better games soon.

Controller was meh but I've never really liked the PS controller to begin with.

Good lord those PS4 boxes are tiny. Hopefully they are packed well enough. I just hope Amazon, and UPS or whoever ships my package has no trouble with this. I had trouble with GTA V almost getting lost so I worry.
They're not. According to a report, if they're shipped individually you'd need to box it with packing peanuts or something to protect it since the original packaging offers no protection at all. I currently have two options: either stick with Amazon and pay no tax and run the risk of their typical pack job of fuck all. Or, go with my GameStop order with peace of mind and pay $30 in tax.

If you don't have Morrowind yet you need to get it and for $20 it's a great game.

Does anybody have the Obi-One game? Is it any good?

HDMI switch will still work w/o a receiver.

They're not. According to a report, if they're shipped individually you'd need to box it with packing peanuts or something to protect it since the original packaging offers no protection at all. I currently have two options: either stick with Amazon and pay no tax and run the risk of their typical pack job of fuck all. Or, go with my GameStop order with peace of mind and pay $30 in tax.
Monoprice.com search hdmi spliter

[quote name="guyver2077" post="11199565" timestamp="1383752464"]
Gave it a spin last night at Bestbuy... Fifa was definitely underwhelming.. Hope to try out some better games soon.

Controller was meh but I've never really liked the PS controller to begin with.[/quote]
I actually enjoyed the whole experience quite a bit only got to play ten minutes since a line formed. I can't wait for thursday to come! Oh I did see one oddity when playing the ps4 I hit the ps button to quite the game and it wouldn't quite to the dashboard so i kept playing fifa for like ten more minutes then all of a sudden it quit mid game. Im just chalking it up to being in the plexi glass box and running for 12 plus hours a day. Great experience otherwise I'm super pleased with what I got to experience

Edit: I though the controller felt really good in my hands althought it took some getting used to. The triggers felt especially strange

Damn, well I am still sticking with Amazon. It's my only choice but that really sucks. I did order a PS3 from there and it came in ok. It was a slim model but still.

I should not be surprised, I know what goes on in those shipping facilities, it's people who don't give a fuck throwing items into a package. Quite honestly, if my package gets damaged, and I don't get a replacement but a refund, I might hold off on a PS4.

I have done this. It has to be at their local distribution center and not a store. But I would check directly with UPS to see if it has changed.
Luckily it's within biking distance. I went from hoping it's not by UPS, to really hoping it is. I'l probably stop by target (if i haven't gotten in on that deal yet) and then ups since it's right there.

I appreciate the response, thanks!

Does anyone know if the address you have it shipped to has to match the address on your ID when using My Choice options via UPS. I would not mind having them hold it at the service center and pick it up early on Friday but my id does not match the shipping address (never got it switched after moving).

Anyone else get an email to pickup BF4 on November 8 from Bestbuy? Really annoying because now I have to take 2 trips to get both because after 1 week the order gets cancelled so I would lose out on the $10 preorder bonus. 

Anyone else get an email to pickup BF4 on November 8 from Bestbuy? Really annoying because now I have to take 2 trips to get both because after 1 week the order gets cancelled so I would lose out on the $10 preorder bonus.
Don't pick it up right then and there, cause a shitstrom, calling out that stupid reason to release it when the system itself isn't out yet.

Oh wait they hold it for 8 days, so if I pick it up on the 15th I would be safe if they told me to pick it up on the 8th? Anyone know. 

Don't pick it up right then and there, cause a shitstrom, calling out that stupid reason to release it when the system itself isn't out yet.
It actually says 8 days, my problem is I dont have a car. Bestbuy is 3 miles away. My only transportation is to take the stupid college shuttle that can take hours to get on because it only seats like 12 people. If I was home this would not be an issue (although I would still be pissed because I have to pay a toll to get to Bestbuy).

$10 is $10. Plus the points ill get from the PS4 Purchase and game purchase I should get another $10. And then the bestbuy mystery coupon is another $5 so im trying to get $25 worth of credit to pay off a Mario 3D World.

Does anyone know if the address you have it shipped to has to match the address on your ID when using My Choice options via UPS. I would not mind having them hold it at the service center and pick it up early on Friday but my id does not match the shipping address (never got it switched after moving).
pretty sure they have to match. but I believe you can register more than one address to my choice.

Wow this may become a problem with all Amazon PS4 preorders...

At lunch I saw my Gamestop was flush full of Dual Shock 4s and GHOSTS for PS4.  

Figured I would wait until I had the console in hand, If Amazon screws up my order I don't want be stuck staring at unplayable games all weekend while I fume.

This is from the PS4 faq

Is it possible to output all game audio through DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack?
Yes, you can select the Output to Headsets option to either ‘Chat Audio’ or “All Audio.”
That's awesome, though I was really hoping it would be the PS3 that landed on my desk since it's the pick up in the sports season that's putting me even farther behind in playing my PS3 backlog.

bread's done
Back