PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

That's terrible. I would keep escalating it from supervisor to manager, etc., until you get your preorder back.
I think Gamestop realized they screwed something up. As I said, the bank had no record of them even trying to put in an order last night. When I called, the first guy I talked to replaced my order, and waived the one day shipping charge. So I'm actually coming out ahead (minus the stress of the last three hours).

I just called my credit card company and they said no authorization or charge was even attempted on my account. So most likely the guy screwed up my cc number (which was already on my GS account, didn't need to be entered again), or screwed up royally some other way to cause my pre-order to get canceled :(
if anyone is still looking for a ps4 on launch, gamestop has 3 bundles up on there site now.
I think Gamestop realized they screwed something up. As I said, the bank had no record of them even trying to put in an order last night. When I called, the first guy I talked to replaced my order, and waived the one day shipping charge. So I'm actually coming out ahead (minus the stress of the last three hours).
That's great news! Too bad they didn't offer to give you something in consolation for your headaches. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Thank you for your 2 cents o wise one.... I guess I now know what the "A" and mountaintop on your pic stand for. ;)
He wasn't being rude. He actually provided a clear explanation regarding the suggested delivery date and the proximity of delivery centers to those who had a console ordered.

If your order is expected to arrive on a certain date, then it will arrive. If not, they'll actually provide a partial refund. What more could you people want?

He wasn't being rude. He actually provided a clear explanation regarding the suggested delivery date and the proximity of delivery centers to those who had a console ordered.

If your order is expected to arrive on a certain date, then it will arrive. If not, they'll actually provide a partial refund. What more could you people want?
"You people"?!?!?! Yeah, that about sums you up....

Guys, calm down. If you don't have experience pre-ordering from Amazon, 99% of the time they ship the night before a release date. Hell, my GTA V Special Edition didn't change from 'Not Yet Shipped' until after midnight on release date and it made it to me around 2pm that same day.

What is people's deals with reviews! IGN says it all the time, anything above a 7 is good!!!!! 9-10 is reserved for masterpieces! We are seeing more of them now because we were at the end of a life cycle for a console, so the games were pushing the system! I mean an 8 on a launch exclusive is pretty darn good! Not to mention the sports games are getting great reviews. Seems this launch is going to be one of the better ones as far as quality. Knack isn't doing well, but I expected that...
I am not worried about any reviews I already bought and will likely love playing killzone and i dont have issue with the 8 ign gave, I think thats a great score. I am just curious about the 50 polygon gave it. There is no consistency in the game review industry and its difficult to aggregate it all because there is so much subjectivity and peoples ideas for a good score varies so much.

I am not worried about any reviews I already bought and will likely love playing killzone and i dont have issue with the 8 ign gave, I think thats a great score. I am just curious about the 50 polygon gave it. There is no consistency in the game review industry and its difficult to aggregate it all because there is so much subjectivity and peoples ideas for a good score varies so much.
Fully agree with you, more was talking to people acting like the sky was falling when the games were getting bad scores. I do agree it is dumb the varience in reviews, but since most reviews are obvious opinions none will be the same. For me over the years I have gone to many different websites and found authors who had similar taste in games as me. If they reviewed a game good and I liked it and that continually happened then I would use their opinion. I know most don't like IGn, but I like Colin's takes on Sony games. I have also really liked the sophistication of Adam Sessler's reviews. So those are my main stops when it comes to reviews. Other people find others reviews more important. For the most part I feel reviews can be similar. Now when someone goes off the board, it really makes me wonder what they were doing. It seems like Killzone is getting good reviews, but a 50? makes me not really feel like they are qulified to review. Going off the board I am sure to get a rise and attention from gamers.

The subjectivity and user expectation going in have so much to do with it. In this generation of games I think many reviewers are jaded and would give a score of 5.0 (good?/bad?) to Super Mario Bros. 3 because it's too simplistic "only 2 buttons for gameplay". Plus, controversy gets hits these days. Give a controversial score to a game and that's probably hundreds of thousands of hits for a big site like ign or gamespot.

Fully agree with you, more was talking to people acting like the sky was falling when the games were getting bad scores. I do agree it is dumb the varience in reviews, but since most reviews are obvious opinions none will be the same. For me over the years I have gone to many different websites and found authors who had similar taste in games as me. If they reviewed a game good and I liked it and that continually happened then I would use their opinion. I know most don't like IGn, but I like Colin's takes on Sony games. I have also really liked the sophistication of Adam Sessler's reviews. So those are my main stops when it comes to reviews. Other people find others reviews more important. For the most part I feel reviews can be similar. Now when someone goes off the board, it really makes me wonder what they were doing. It seems like Killzone is getting good reviews, but a 50? makes me not really feel like they are qulified to review. Going off the board I am sure to get a rise and attention from gamers.
What he said! ;)

Thanks! I didn't realize there were so many people who had no experience with Amazon release date deliveries to understand how they work on here. I really wish people would be patient instead of posting every few hors that nothing has changed. This board can go nuts on friday whent hey don't get the system, that is understandable. But two days before launch is a little premature.

Thanks! I didn't realize there were so many people who had no experience with Amazon release date deliveries to understand how they work on here. I really wish people would be patient instead of posting every few hors that nothing has changed. This board can go nuts on friday whent hey don't get the system, that is understandable. But two days before launch is a little premature.
I FULLY understand how amazon handles release date deliveries as I have been a prime member for years. I think what you are misinterpreting as "whining" was actually excitement and giddiness, (think Xmas day). No ones going bonkers over the fact that they haven't seen it as "shipped". Just sharing their experiences, location, etc... It's called camaraderie. You probably can figure out what my retort would have been, but I'll keep it civil.

Resogun is up on the store.

Also Warframe is advertising Vita remote play and second screen play.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm stuck with the Knack PS4 bundle. What are my options for getting rid of this game? I just bought 3 PS4 games from Target and they all show on the receipt as "PS4 game". Any chance I could bring Knack to Target and they would take it in the place of one of those games? Really don't want to lose money on it after those reviews.

I FULLY understand how amazon handles release date deliveries as I have been a prime member for years. I think what you are misinterpreting as "whining" was actually excitement and giddiness, (think Xmas day). No ones going bonkers over the fact that they haven't seen it as "shipped". Just sharing their experiences, location, etc... It's called camaraderie. You probably can figure out what my retort would have been, but I'll keep it civil.
I think when you have to try to keep things civil, and describe your response as a "retort", it's a little beyond camaraderie. Then again, I think you just like to be well spoken in that response as well, but that's just me.

So I'm stuck with the Knack PS4 bundle. What are my options for getting rid of this game? I just bought 3 PS4 games from Target and they all show on the receipt as "PS4 game". Any chance I could bring Knack to Target and they would take it in the place of one of those games? Really don't want to lose money on it after those reviews.
they all say PS4 game, but the SKU to the left is game specific.

better off trying to return it to the store you got it at or Walmart.

(clears throat) Gentlemen... how does one go about posting photographs? :whistle2:k

What he said. Walmart is by far the best option. Target in my own personal experience allows you to return item/s up to $70 in value every 365 days without receipt. Then you get "blacklisted" until that full year has gone by. Only without receipt though. If Target is closer and you have no problem with this policy, then go ahead at Target.

i got this email from toysrus today. The lady i spoke to on monday at the store said that they would have them in stock. very confused

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your PS4 Hardware pre-order which was expected in-store on November 15th, 2013. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup

Thanks I'll try Walmart. Do they ask any questions when you return without a receipt?
They may ask why you are returning it. Best to keep it simple and say something like, "I got it as a gift, and I already had it..." Or something to that effect. Then they will ask you for your state issued photo ID and then you will most likely get a giftcard with the amount they currently have for the price. Pretty simple but at least where I currently live it takes 10x as long to wait in the customer service line, then the actual transaction.

i got this email from toysrus today. The lady i spoke to on monday at the store said that they would have them in stock. very confused

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your [/size]PS4 Hardware pre-order which was expected in-store on November 15th, 2013. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup[/size]
That truly is strange. Did you try calling the local store yet, to see if the email is correct?

Just got an e-mail from amazon: This is for switching my xbones address.

Hello,

I understand that you'd like to change the shipping address on the order #0000-000000000

I'd be glad to assist you, however, if I make any changes on the order you'll lose your place in line.

For your reference, you may check the pre-order details by clicking the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&...

I would have asked you to place a new order for the item and cancel the current order, but the item is currently not in stock. At this time, I'd suggest you to wait for the order to ship. Once the order has shipped, you may contact the carrier to redirect the package or arrange for a pick up. In case you're unable to work this out with the carrier, you may contact us. We'll provide you other alternatives.

Please click on the following link to contact us:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard and look forward to seeing you again.

That truly is strange. Did you try calling the local store yet, to see if the email is correct?
I did, nobody answered, guess they are still closed since its before 9/10am. Ordered the BF4 bundle off of gamestop for overnight

Might just have to return a bunch of stuff, but at least I will have a PS4

Thanks I'll try Walmart. Do they ask any questions when you return without a receipt?
Whenever I have bought a console in the past that was bundled with a game, it had no upc barcode on the back and was labeled not for resale. If that is the case, idk how you could return it to target or walmart.

Hello,

I understand that you'd like to change the shipping address on the order #0000-000000000

I'd be glad to assist you, however, if I make any changes on the order you'll lose your place in line.

For your reference, you may check the pre-order details by clicking the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&...

I would have asked you to place a new order for the item and cancel the current order, but the item is currently not in stock. At this time, I'd suggest you to wait for the order to ship. Once the order has shipped, you may contact the carrier to redirect the package or arrange for a pick up. In case you're unable to work this out with the carrier, you may contact us. We'll provide you other alternatives.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard and look forward to seeing you again.
Well that doesn't make sense..why would you lose a place in line for changing an address? People have been doing this for forever on az..

It seems its happening with the xbox ones only. I applied gift cards to my account and the shipping changed to unknown for about a week. It seems like any changes to xbones can affect you but not ps4.

what the hell? mine is still stuck at "not yet shipped" DAMN it
Like I said earlier, Panic Tomorrow night even. Amazon will do overnight shipping for a lot even if you paid Prime. Mine is still listed as not shipped, and I am not worried, if by late afteroon tomorrow it still hasn't I will call someone.

What he said. Walmart is by far the best option. Target in my own personal experience allows you to return item/s up to $70 in value every 365 days without receipt. Then you get "blacklisted" until that full year has gone by. Only without receipt though. If Target is closer and you have no problem with this policy, then go ahead at Target.
Can you return for a target giftcard without getting blacklisted? I'm in the same boat as the guy above.

Can you return for a target giftcard without getting blacklisted? I'm in the same boat as the guy above.
Well as long is it is a UPC they have in their system, they will give you the credit, but the customer service manager told me there was no other way around it. She claimed it was hard coded into their system and just policy. You could always get a significant orther or friend to do the dirty with you ;)

Well as long is it is a UPC they have in their system, they will give you the credit, but the customer service manager told me there was no other way around it. She claimed it was hard coded into their system and just policy. You could always get a significant orther or friend to do the dirty with you ;)
hmmm well it was my free game. Maybe I will end up liking it. Reviews have been 6s, 7s and a few 8s. So it might not be too bad for a change of pace

They may ask why you are returning it. Best to keep it simple and say something like, "I got it as a gift, and I already had it..." Or something to that effect. Then they will ask you for your state issued photo ID and then you will most likely get a giftcard with the amount they currently have for the price. Pretty simple but at least where I currently live it takes 10x as long to wait in the customer service line, then the actual transaction.
One word of caution - especially in this new age of "store specific" versions of games... Make sure you aren't returning a game that has a strip on the front box art saying "Target Exclusive" or something like that!

UPS delivered my copy Killzone Shadow Fall last night, the disc came loose inside the case during shipping, I opened it and it looks to be okay, no scratches or chips to be seen.

Hello,

I changed the address and payment method on my ps4 and didnt get any email like this. I changed the payment method on my xbox and didnt receive anything either.

Looks like my PS4 is in the "Now Shipping" status.

Just to add in my 2 cents on changing the shipping address, I changed mine for the PS4 myself and nothing ever came of it. That was about a month ago, though.

I'm so tempted to watch stuff like that, but I also just want to go in blind.

Life is hard.

I like the OS far better from the PS3 one.

bread's done
Back