PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

This happened to my friend. Call them and talk to a CS rep. They charged the proper card and upgraded him to One Day Shipping without him really asking to.
I did another chat, they told me the same thing. So I asked them how much it would cost to change to one day and if it would arrive on release date. It was $5.99 and now it's showing Nov 15 again. They didn't offer to pay for shipping, but I'm not going to cry over $6. As long as it gets here the 15th, I'm good.

Best thing is The Xbox one thread is constantly talking about the issues... it wasn't the hardwares fault... the games are needing patching. So much for another piece of amo Xbox fanboys will have
that still will not fix the fram rate issues in mp that people are seeing. Plus this just shows that devs of this game were lazy and just wanted to put a product out at launch to make all that money activison knows and loves. if ryse can run at 900 p which is a more sharper looking game on x1 then a cod engine that is 7 years old for sure can run at 1080 p on xbox one and who knows maybe that will come on a patch also. This port was just a lazy work done by a lazy studio and publisher.

that still will not fix the fram rate issues in mp that people are seeing. Plus this just shows that devs of this game were lazy and just wanted to put a product out at launch to make all that money activison knows and loves. if ryse can run at 900 p which is a more sharper looking game on x1 then a cod engine that is 7 years old for sure can run at 1080 p on xbox one and who knows maybe that will come on a patch also. This port was just a lazy work done by a lazy studio and publisher.
If you read the whole article, it also said the patch would also address some cliping that has been talked about... Yes I hate Cod and it was a lazy port. But PS4 is still the only true 1080 p 60 fps console... period

So if I'm understanding this whole thing correclty both versions were reviewed running at 720P. Wow, so all those comparisons are ruined LOL The PS4 version was clearly better looking even running at 720p IMO LOL Such BS.

If you read the whole article, it also said the patch would also address some cliping that has been talked about... Yes I hate Cod and it was a lazy port. But PS4 is still the only true 1080 p 60 fps console... period
x1 runs games at 1080 p lol plus bf4 is only 900 p on ps4. You say you are not a fan boy of sony or ms but you sure sound like a ps fanboy

Well this is a slightly interesting turn of events.  I cancelled my preorder with Best Buy months ago and got a call today saying it'd be ready for pickup at the midnight release on Thursday.  I'm not above dropping in Friday afternoon just to see if I'd actually be able to pick it up or not, but I'm not sure I have the nuts to actually leave with it if they give it to me unpaid for.

It's funny to me that they were talking about Knack's shitty reviews. Nobody ever cared about Knack and if they did they weren't toting it as a system seller like Xbox fanboys keep saying. That's why it will be funny when Ryse gets shitty reviews like everyone expects it to. Then the defense force will be in action.
if no one cared about it why the heck is everyone in the target buy 2 get 1 buying it? knack was a game that was getting a giant push from sony as a big reason to get a ps4 don't kid your self. No one thinks ryse will be good everyone knows it will be garbage.

So if I'm understanding this whole thing correclty both versions were reviewed running at 720P. Wow, so all those comparisons are ruined LOL The PS4 version was clearly better looking even running at 720p IMO LOL Such BS.
mp was always running at 1080 p thats where the fram rate issues were happing.

Well this is a slightly interesting turn of events. I cancelled my preorder with Best Buy months ago and got a call today saying it'd be ready for pickup at the midnight release on Thursday. I'm not above dropping in Friday afternoon just to see if I'd actually be able to pick it up or not, but I'm not sure I have the nuts to actually leave with it if they give it to me unpaid for.
they still run purchases in the register they don't just give you a console if you pre order it

So any of you or a relative work for Walmart? My wife does and since she is working Black Friday she gets a 25% off anything on Nov. 5th and 6th. Last year it was 50% :( .I'm hoping these consoles are as available as they say they will be. Hello $300 ps4. That I will of course buy with Best Buy Visas!

That's pretty troublesome considering it hasn't even launched yet and already 3 reports of faulty units.
Dude, Sony is shipping how many of these damn things? Theres bound to be faulty ones in the bunch. Everything is just magnified now with everyone posting to social media and the like. Relax.

x1 runs games at 1080 p lol plus bf4 is only 900 p on ps4. You say you are not a fan boy of sony or ms but you sure sound like a ps fanboy
Except I am in the PS 4 thread, not the Xbox one... here I am about the thread.. You seriously say you don't care but come in here all the time just attacking people and touting in a round about way how xbox is better or equal... More games run at 1080 p on ps4, less on Microsoft, so who is the 1080 p console? That is what I was saying!

they still run purchases in the register they don't just give you a console if you pre order it
preordered at bestbuy.com w/ store pickup - the million dollar question is if they for some bizarre reason still have it recorded as paid for in the system or not. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've had a strange store pickup glitch there.

OK everybody. I think we can all agree on one thing and that is that COD is getting old and COD: Ghosts mediocre reviews compared to past COD games shows that.
ghost has tons of issue right now when it comes to mp so it's pretty bad if those get fixed it will be good i like the maps. but i do agree that it's nothing like it was back in mw1 and 2

Dude, Sony is shipping how many of these damn things? Theres bound to be faulty ones in the bunch. Everything is just magnified now with everyone posting to social media and the like. Relax.
Considering its a relatively small number in the hands of users now, my common sense tells me that I would be an idiot for ignoring 3 reports of failures this soon.

I'm relaxed, btw. I appreciate the concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except I am in the PS 4 thread, not the Xbox one... here I am about the thread.. You seriously say you don't care but come in here all the time just attacking people and touting in a round about way how xbox is better or equal... More games run at 1080 p on ps4, less on Microsoft, so who is the 1080 p console? That is what I was saying!
i just care about gameplay in the end i could care less about this oh 1080 p vs 720 p stuff. The biggest number is really 60 fps which both systems do at pretty much 100 percent of the time.

preordered at bestbuy.com w/ store pickup - the million dollar question is if they for some bizarre reason still have it recorded as paid for in the system or not. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've had a strange store pickup glitch there.
my ghost charge did not happen till i picked the game up in store.

anybody know when will Amazon refund us the money to those that pre-ordered the Watch Dogs bundle? I want to take advantage of that B1G1 free PS4 game promo code they emailed me, the code expires on the 16th so I hope I get that $60 refund in time.
Just update the payment method like you would when adding gift cards. The negative balance will then be credited to you. That is what I did the day after the delay.

mp was always running at 1080 p thats where the fram rate issues were happing.
Yeah, It only had a smoother framerate in MP, which was still 1080p on PS4. Single player had no issues. MP is terribad so Im okay with that.

100 percent? i know people that had launch 360s with never rrod till they got the slim in 2010. biggest number i heard was close to 60 percent
No, maybe more like 97%. :D

100 percent? i know people that had launch 360s with never rrod till they got the slim in 2010. biggest number i heard was close to 60 percent
That's true, my first console didn't have the RROD. Nope....it had a GPU failure after 18 months. Then I had to yell at the CSR for 1 hour until they sent me a free warranty replacement (GPU failure wasn't covered by the extended warranty). Then after another 18 months that refurbished console did get the RROD. By that point I was out of the warranty period and I had to yell at the CSR for another hour and got another free refurb. So then after that console lasted 17 months I sold it on Craigslist and bought a slim on Black Friday a couple years back. My slim still works.

edit: also, they (MS CSR's) told me not to tell anyone on "online forums" that they gave me the free repairs. This is not a joke - they actually said that. :rofl:

Only a couple more days for the PS4 crowd! Enjoy the system, I was pretty hyped seeing all the PS4 games at Target today. The next gen is upon us :D

If any of you guys brought ps4 games from amazon yesterday during that buy 2 get 1 free promotion, check your amazon gold box. I had the Order: 1866 and Thief PS4 both discounted 5% in my gold box today.

Check my email, "YES! An email from Amazon!", then I remember I just ordered the Android Free App of the Day. PS4 still hasn't shipped >_>

Edit: Anyone else from Connecticut get shipping notices yet? Right now I'm assuming it's just because I'm close to the warehouse.

Mine hasn't shipped yet either, but I think that's because they're going to end up bundling all of my items together. I've noticed that Amazon never ships things separately for me. I have the PS4 launch edition, the ps4 cam, and 3 games all on separate orders. I think that's why there's a delay on my ps4 being shipped.

Check my email, "YES! An email from Amazon!", then I remember I just ordered the Android Free App of the Day. PS4 still hasn't shipped >_>
will be a busy day at my house for packages. Got 3 of the 2nd Series Star Wars Black Figures coming, 3 ps4 games, and my ps4.

My b2g1 ps4 order has gone to shipped status and slated to get it friday. Still nothing on the ps quad shipping.

Mine hasn't shipped yet either, but I think that's because they're going to end up bundling all of my items together. I've noticed that Amazon never ships things separately for me. I have the PS4 launch edition, the ps4 cam, and 3 games all on separate orders. I think that's why there's a delay on my ps4 being shipped.
You might check your amazon settings, theres an option to ship items as they are ready and one that says you want the items shipped together if possible.

Ya, PS4 is my only order that's due on Friday. Going to keep thinking it's a distance thing - just really, REALLY hope my card doesn't flag the purchase.

bread's done
Back