PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

the people freaking out that their order has not shipped yet can tell they must not pre order much from amazon. When ever i pre order a item it never get shipped out till a.m before delevery date or even the night before. 

I usually get things from Amazon multiple times a week with Prime shipping. A lot of the time, they ship them out the day before I receive them. I'm not too worried about it, especially since someone said theirs shipped from Indiana and I live there.

With an operation of this magnitude, shipping status is just a matter of logistics.  Could be based on geographic location or other factors, but they're trying to coordinate it so everyone has their box arrive on Friday.  I wouldn't worry about it until it's Friday and not yet shipped heh.

All I know is my backup order will be at GS if Amazon somehow manages to fuck this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
the people freaking out that their order has not shipped yet can tell they must not pre order much from amazon. When ever i pre order a item it never get shipped out till a.m before delevery date or even the night before.
Lol, this. As a matter of fact my Madden Anny order this year showed Shipping Soon the day of release and didn't update to Delivered until the day after I got it.

I pre-ordered on Amazon the night of E3 and it has shipped. I live in Southern California and it left the facility in Fernley, NV at 1:43 PM.

To be clear I'm not worried so much that my ps4 hasn't shipped yet because I don't think I'll get it Friday. I'm more worried about my ps4 pre order in general being that my copy of killzone just got canceled and the reason they gave was an "undeliverable address."

mine just shipped! Feels good to have paid for it all with flips. Probably $200 out of pocket.

Hmm, just saw that its coming from Nevada, so it'll probably be in L.A. tonight. Wonder if there's any way to pick it up from the local UPS center tomorrow. 

To be clear I'm not worried so much that my ps4 hasn't shipped yet because I don't think I'll get it Friday. I'm more worried about my ps4 pre order in general being that my copy of killzone just got canceled and the reason they gave was an "undeliverable address."
That is a legitimate concern and you should contact Amazon.

Remote play looks really awesome.

http://youtu.be/p0JG2xbp4YE

My PS4 is still in the not yet shipped phase. Not worried at all though, Im just hoping I dont have to wait till 6pm to get it. Dont let me down UPS dude!

6:33pm EST, same status as it has been, "Not Yet Shipped". Delivery date is still Friday though.
If it still says friday you should have nothing to worry about. If it still says Not yet shipped tomarrow after noon I suggest giving amazon supoort a call.

Amazon is probably has a fuck ton of Consoles to Box and ship out.

I saw guys camping at my local Best Buy already. Anyone see this yet? Thank goodness for preorders lol
Spoke to best buy support today and they said preorders only guarantee you will get a console eventually but its not guaranteed at launch. It sucks hopefully all preorders get theirs tomorrow night.

Question: for the tracking numbers, are most of you getting UPS? and if so, will it let you switch pickup location to the store? My UPS guy has a habit of coming late 4 out of 5 times. I'd check, but mines yet to ship.

Where at?
They are popping here and there. Mainly from the Taco Bell contest giveaways.

What usually happens is people boot them up, they work initially. Then after they do an update or start playing a game, it will either freeze up and then not power back on, or it will go into Safe Mode, get stuck there and not power back on.

Amazon's probably going to work very hard to deliver all those boxes of PS4s! Especially since they are in high demand, probably over the XBOX One although the orders for both of the console are probably pretty similar.

sig.jpg

Glad Amazon shipped my order but annoyed that it automatically took over $200 in gift card balance I had and was saving up for Black Friday. Is this something new or has Amazon always automatically used up gift card balance on a qualifying order? It's pretty annoying for them to change my payment method without first asking, or telling me about if afterwards.

edit: I see it's right there in their terms and conditions. Oh well, good to know for the future I guess. I'm used to credit which I can use when I want (or have been able to in the past at least). I guess what I'll do is place a preorder for a bunch of copies of The Last Guardian since that's never actually coming, and then cancel the orders as I want to use my gift card balance.

cartel0623 said:
Spoke to best buy support today and they said preorders only guarantee you will get a console eventually but its not guaranteed at launch. It sucks hopefully all preorders get theirs tomorrow night.
At first when I saw this I was like WTF!? Some sort of early adopters program or something? Then I realized that it is Wednesday already and by tomorrow night you mean Thurs after midnight. Man, that came up FAST on me.

Given that it is so soon, I'm wondering why we aren't hearing more about campers. I see a few posts about it. But yeah, like VexxedCS said, who would be willing to camp out for a PS4 but somehow missed all the preorder opportunities? This isn't like the PS3 where preorders were only open for a few hours 3 months before launch and people were camping out to resell them for 2-3x (at least initially).

I suppose I should call them to be sure, but are GS stores in general doing a midnight launch? They called and left a message for me last weekend about the special trade-in promo day on Sunday and also told me they would hold my system for 48 hours after release. But they made no mention of the midnight thing.

Anyone preordered at bestbuy in store?

My deposit slip from June is nearly completely faded with some long number at the bottom being close to the only thing visible. If you hold it at an angle to light you might be able to read some stuff but not much. I went to Bestbuy back in August about this issue and they comforted saying since my name was on file with the amount paid i didn't really need the slip and it won't cost me any trouble come launch day. At this point it's kinda too late to do much about that but anyone else have a faded slip?

Also to the person saying preorder doesn't guarantee a console.....all I will say is theres going to be alot of people "Turning Up" at guest services tomorrow night if that's for real. I hope I get my console before that happens.

Drove over to Best Buy, pleasantly surprised no one was in line yet. Thank god that means I can get some sleep and get in line in the morning.

And Gamestop is still being finnicky. The lady there told me they were getting extras, but the dude insisted to call tomorrow. Still would rather be at gamestop if I can.

Hey guys I have an odd question/request. Long story short, after Watch Dogs bundle was delayed, I was switched to a Launch Bundle. A while back every time I clicked on it, it would lead me to the DS4 Bundle. Some people were reporting that they would be receiving 2 DS4's even though it was not the DS4 bundle. After talking to rep back then he said I would be receiving 2 DS4's. So my request is what is your guys shipment weight of the normal 1 controller launch bundle. If mine is heavier I am going to assume I have 2 DS4's.

So my friend all of sudden wants to get his PS4 on release date, I told him I'll help him come Friday but what are the chances of finding this shit?
I looked on craigslist and there are only like 6 postings on there selling the PS4.

Anyone preordered at bestbuy in store?

My deposit slip from June is nearly completely faded with some long number at the bottom being close to the only thing visible. If you hold it at an angle to light you might be able to read some stuff but not much. I went to Bestbuy back in August about this issue and they comforted saying since my name was on file with the amount paid i didn't really need the slip and it won't cost me any trouble come launch day. At this point it's kinda too late to do much about that but anyone else have a faded slip?

Also to the person saying preorder doesn't guarantee a console.....all I will say is theres going to be alot of people "Turning Up" at guest services tomorrow night if that's for real. I hope I get my console before that happens.
Everything is in the system. Promise.

Mine is 10.50 lbs and shipped by itself.
Appreciate it, mine is the same. Been telling a buddy of mine that I had a weird feeling I would not be receiving the 2nd controller. There was really no reason for Amazon to say I would be receiving 2 controllers. Maybe it was too good to be true lol.

bread's done
Back