PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

wow only 8MB?

ok, so it would seem than jumping to a 7200rpm HD with 64MB cache would be a good enough upgrade if you still want a large harddrive vs. a SSD for speed/less space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I have an odd question/request. Long story short, after Watch Dogs bundle was delayed, I was switched to a Launch Bundle. A while back every time I clicked on it, it would lead me to the DS4 Bundle. Some people were reporting that they would be receiving 2 DS4's even though it was not the DS4 bundle. After talking to rep back then he said I would be receiving 2 DS4's. So my request is what is your guys shipment weight of the normal 1 controller launch bundle. If mine is heavier I am going to assume I have 2 DS4's.
I contacted CS when it was linking to the DS4 bundle like you are talking about and I was promised two controllers. I even ask the person if this could be a glitch on Amazon's part and if so that I was fine with just one controller, and they said that this is not a glitch and that I will be receiving a second controller and if I don't then I should contact Amazon again and they will ship my second controller.

So the fact that I was promised a second controller, and that I was told that if I don't receive my second controller that I should contact Amazon again, I am going to make sure I get my second controller.

I got my PS4 reserved through Walmart, but it was on October 30th when they had a "Holiday Bundle" guaranteed by Christmas.  I originally reserved it on July 9th through Sony Store but had to cancel.

Anyway, I got a Knack bundle through them.  I already got the game and the PS Camera.  The Camera came first all the way back on November 5th.  Knack came on Monday.  The console itself still says processing.

The Camera generated an email the day it actually shipped.  However, Knack didn't generate a "shipped" email until the day after I received it.  So I am wondering if the console will ship early and I won't know until I get it.  Should be interesting.

My delivery estimate is November 18th-December 21, so it's QUITE variable... lol.  I have 6 games ready to go!

Im not, some people are bound to encounter issues with their ps4. Its going to happen, it would be a miracle if nobody did. So far there's only been about 5 documented cases I believe. But damn, can you imagine what it would've been like if social media was like it is now when the RROD fiasco was going on lol

How? That info could be quite helpful should any of us encounter the same problem
No idea, just tuned in again and he had everything up and running. I'm happy for the dude, he was getting abused in the chat.

I checked my Best Buy store pickup order from June 11th and it says in process but still allows me to cancel it. Has anyone gotten any emails yet from Best Buy indicating that it will be ready for pickup tomorrow night?

Apparently he fixed it by turning it off, taking the hard drive out, turning it back on without hard drive, got the no hard drive error message, turned it off, put the hd back in, let it update/format/whatever, and then it worked.

I wonder if that is a master fix for the launch problems? Is that even safe to do?

the people freaking out that their order has not shipped yet can tell they must not pre order much from amazon. When ever i pre order a item it never get shipped out till a.m before delevery date or even the night before.

This. I've been chuckling to myself all day with people freaking out... In fact, I'd say 90% of all orders I place on Amazon with release-date delivery don't ship until the night before/early morning. It's just the way they do things most of the time.

Regarding the guy who "bricked" his PS4.

It wasn't while updating the firmware. He unplugged the power while a game (Warframe) he was downloading froze. He was able to recover by removing the hard drive and forcing the system into safe mode.

Hey guys I have an odd question/request. Long story short, after Watch Dogs bundle was delayed, I was switched to a Launch Bundle. A while back every time I clicked on it, it would lead me to the DS4 Bundle. Some people were reporting that they would be receiving 2 DS4's even though it was not the DS4 bundle. After talking to rep back then he said I would be receiving 2 DS4's. So my request is what is your guys shipment weight of the normal 1 controller launch bundle. If mine is heavier I am going to assume I have 2 DS4's.
I specifically ordered the DS4 bundle from Amazon which contains the console, two controllers and no games. My order shipped this afternoon and according to UPS it weighs 11.2 pounds.

I still believe that the expectation of a free second controller was a giant misunderstanding predicated on a malfunctioning Amazon URL and confused Amazon CSRs. But we shall see.

Anyone watching South Park? Slightly off topic, but hilarious watching them get into the Xbox One vs PS4 debates (With Game of Thrones thrown in)
Haha yeah this episode has been great. I think a lot of people around here would get a kick out of it.

Just got off the phone with Amazon CS, they told me that "undeliverable" basically means the package was damaged and seen unfit for delivery. It shouldn't effect my PS4 pre-order and since I ordered two games with the BOGO promo code they credited my account $30 to offset the cost of re-ordering the game.

I fucking love amazon.

Regarding the guy who "bricked" his PS4.

It wasn't while updating the firmware. He unplugged the power while a game (Warframe) he was downloading froze. He was able to recover by removing the hard drive and forcing the system into safe mode.
So should this be the go-to fix for the early reported problems?

Just got off the phone with Amazon CS, they told me that "undeliverable" basically means the package was damaged and seen unfit for delivery. It shouldn't effect my PS4 pre-order and since I ordered two games with the BOGO promo code they credited my account $30 to offset the cost of re-ordering the game.

I fucking love amazon.
Here's hoping your PS4 isn't damaged. ;)

Just got off the phone with Best Buy. I preordered on June 10 and my order now says "status: not available" According to CS they are not shipping their systems for preorders until Friday....

http://gizmodo.com/the-worlds-thinnest-2tb-hard-drive-is-a-mere-9-5mm-thi-1458255364
This is going in my ps4! All for under $129 hell yeah! Now I can't wait to order one

I'm a bit worried if both IGN and Kotaku have units with problems. Sounds like both of them, plus the dude from Taco Bell all have display/HDMI issues.

Amazon order still has not shipped. Weeks ago when I clicked on my order it linked to the DS4 bundle, but now it links to the regular launch bundle, which was what I preordered. Maybe they fixed some of them. 

Anyone know how long Best Buy will be open after midnight?

a twitch admin just said in his room that sony has said that looks like some ps4's were shipped with  bad hard drives 

» "REPOSTED UPDATE:whistle2:- The issues have been fixed! The issues being reported are all due to fragmentedhard-drives that shipped with some consoles. This is as easy to fix asremoving you HDD, booting the console without the HDD, turning the PS4off again and replacing the HDD in order to reset the HDD.."

a twitch admin just said in his room that sony has said that looks like some ps4's were shipped with bad hard drives

» "REPOSTED UPDATE:whistle2:- The issues have been fixed! The issues being reported are all due to fragmentedhard-drives that shipped with some consoles. This is as easy to fix asremoving you HDD, booting the console without the HDD, turning the PS4off again and replacing the HDD in order to reset the HDD.."
he did that the first time. Now it's down again, and those steps aren't working this time

a twitch admin just said in his room that sony has said that looks like some ps4's were shipped with bad hard drives

he did that the first time. Now it's down again, and those steps aren't working this time

So Amazon charged me sales tax on my PS4 even though I preordered before they started charging tax in my state... is there anything I can do to fight this? I would've just preordered in NH where there is no sales tax if I knew this was gonna happen :/

So Amazon charged me sales tax on my PS4 even though I preordered before they started charging tax in my state... is there anything I can do to fight this? I would've just preordered in NH where there is no sales tax if I knew this was gonna happen :/
No. The law changed. Amazon gave you an ESTIMATE of sales tax when you ordered. That estimate was, unfortunately, wrong. Please don't be one of those people to complain about this. It's not amazon's doing.

Plus, although no one does it, you are supposed to pay sales tax to your state on all of your purchases anyway if the merchant doesn't charge it.

Nope it's not up to amazon to charge tax. They have to charge tax, so you'll just have to pay your taxes like everyone else.

They are popping here and there. Mainly from the Taco Bell contest giveaways.

What usually happens is people boot them up, they work initially. Then after they do an update or start playing a game, it will either freeze up and then not power back on, or it will go into Safe Mode, get stuck there and not power back on.
i bought mine with a warranty for like 3 years, had to get it from wal-mart, but peace of mind is a good thing, making it easy to return to walmart should anything go wrong. it was preordered for me around june (bday present).

bread's done
Back