PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

my friend pre order a ps4 at gamestop and said he got a call last night to arrive around 6 p.m to pay everything off and get a number
I got a similar text. The text states that you should arrive at 6pm to finalize payment. Nothing about getting a number. Also I received a prior text stating that my pre-order had to be picked up by end of the day on Sunday.

Are all the Gamestops going to be ringing up customers starting at 6pm? My local gamestop said they won't be giving out line numbers for midnight bc the manage thinks it's dumb
I think it's largely up to the store managers.

I talked to the manager of the Gamestop I usually frequent. He said they are going to start taking payments, finalizing transacitons, doing numbers at 6PM, because otherwise it'll be a madhouse, and people will just start lining up outside (or inside) the store. He said corporate laid out a couple options for managers to go with, depending on their store's pre-order numbers...but the impression was any manager could choose any one of the options available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just drove by Gamestop and Best Buy on the way home, and to my surprise not a single tent yet. I still remember when last generation launched seeing dozens of tents days before it even launched. (I remember one guy actually had an HDTV set up in his)

Would it be weird to take Knack to Best Buy if I go the launch pickup tonight and try to sell it to someone I see getting it(If I do?) I won't have time to play it anytime soon, and if I sell it for "cost"( got it in the B2G1, so $44ish) then I'll be happy...I plan on bumping the other 2 to the front of my backlog).

I'm literally the only one in my area on CL but you get so many flaky people. Wish eBay fees were cheaper.

Would it be weird to take Knack to Best Buy if I go the launch pickup tonight and try to sell it to someone I see getting it(If I do?) I won't have time to play it anytime soon, and if I sell it for "cost"( got it in the B2G1, so $44ish) then I'll be happy...I plan on bumping the other 2 to the front of my backlog)
no, it would not

On a serious note - did anyone preorder from Walmart.com, and if so - has their status updated from processing to shipped yet???

Ill be checking out my gs at about 4pm, if there is a line ill also get in line. If no line, ill come back at 5:30 or so. I don't really care about being first, just want my ps4 at some point tonight.

I think it's largely up to the store managers.

I talked to the manager of the Gamestop I usually frequent. He said they are going to start taking payments, finalizing transacitons, doing numbers at 6PM, because otherwise it'll be a madhouse, and people will just start lining up outside (or inside) the store. He said corporate laid out a couple options for managers to go with, depending on their store's pre-order numbers...but the impression was any manager could choose any one of the options available.
Cool, thanks for the info (and everyone else who chimed in). I'll head to my GS a little later and ask if they decided how they were going to do it. I normally wouldn't care either way, but its going to be cold tonight haha

For the people that pre-ordered at GameStop.

• n3sA1Rn.png

On a serious note - did anyone preorder from Walmart.com, and if so - has their status updated from processing to shipped yet???
This image has been floating around the web today. Not sure if legit.

• 5tEmz4l.png

Wow!  That sucks.

For me, I used paypal and they collected my payment the day I placed the order.  I don't owe them a dime.  So I can't imagine mine will be cancelled.

Hopefully I get moved up!

Yeah, it definitely wobbles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1cZjmx7qfM

There isn't a little leg pad on the one corner, it's in the middle, so the front corner wobbles when you push down on it, though I'm not sure why you'd ever do that.
Knowing my pain in the ass personality, it will probably going to bother me until I find a way to fix it. I do wish I had a don't care attitude towards things like this, including color consistency across my electronics, disc scratches, collection sorting etc. etc.

Thanks for the info though, I will keep an eye out for solutions.

Knowing my pain in the ass personality, it will probably going to bother me until I find a way to fix it. I do wish I had a don't care attitude towards things like this, including color consistency across my electronics, disc scratches, collection sorting etc. etc.

All you need is paper. There's a video floating around somewhere; some dude just put post it note under that corner of the PS4 and it no longer wobbled.

All you need is paper. There's a video floating around somewhere; some dude just put post it note under that corner of the PS4 and it no longer wobbled.
I'm actually thinking black rubber pads, paper is going to make my entertainment system look homeless.

What I don't get with the picture of the xbox, is how can they still have a power brick when the system is that large, and we don't have a power brick yet the PS4 is half the size!! LOL

it should not wobble at all lol if i had one that would do that i would demand a replacement system
And you would get another one that wobbled.

This isn't a manufacturing defect, it was a design choice. It's got 3 feet. 2 on one end, and one at the separation between the matte and glossy parts.

To be clear, it only wobbles if you PUSH ON IT. And you can stop it wobbling by either putting another rubber foot on it (walmart sells packs of 20 for about $3), put a small piece of cardboard under it (you could even color it black, with a sharpie, so no one could tell, or putting it "vertical".

Seriously, I get that people don't like the design choice....but it should have zero effect on the machines function. Just it's form.

Its not your personality, its called OCD.

The PS4 stuff was crazy last night with that one guy.

Speaking of which, how long does it usually take to approve accounts to NeoGAF. I registered 2 days ago and it's still pending.

How is gamestop handling people that do not have pre-orders? I called my local gamestop and they have extra ps4's but he did not have a clue how those will be handled.
What I would do is walk in at 6 PM (assuming there's no line already outside for this obvious purpose), tell them I don't have one preordered, and I'd like to buy one for the midnight launch. Either they'll tell you how, or they'll have to figure out what to do with you til midnight.

Being physically present forces them to figure out a way to deal with the extras, whereas a phone call doesn't.

The PS4 stuff was crazy last night with that one guy.

Speaking of which, how long does it usually take to approve accounts to NeoGAF. I registered 2 days ago and it's still pending.
I registered about a week ago...and have not yet been approved. So you're not alone...

Just came home to a nice little surprise from Amazon...my console sitting on the front step!  The funny thing is, I have been watching my order status, and it just went into shipping phase yesterday.  That's some service right there.

Anyhow, the most frustrating thing is that I'm in between shifts, and only have about 30 minutes until I have to go back to work.  So right now I'm just staring at the console, and the 3 games I picked up at Target last night. :(

So which is it? The 400 MB file or the 800 MB one?
Just to update the shipping HDD to firmware 1.5: 400 MB File

To replace the HD or recover from a trashed system: 800 MB file.

The 800mb has the entire OS contained in it, as well. It's really for catastrophic system recovery or hard drive replacement.

Just came home to a nice little surprise from Amazon...my console sitting on the front step! The funny thing is, I have been watching my order status, and it just went into shipping phase yesterday. That's some service right there.

Anyhow, the most frustrating thing is that I'm in between shifts, and only have about 30 minutes until I have to go back to work. So right now I'm just staring at the console, and the 3 games I picked up at Target last night. :(
Man, don't you feel a nasty stomach bug coming on???

bread's done
Back