PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

one more question guys. I am leaving in 2 hours to bestbuy to get my pre-order. I have another ps4 on its way from amazon (already shipped).

Can I just refuse the package from amazon tomorrow? I don't want to return because I would have to pay for the return shipping. How does the refusal process work? I also do not want to have my amazon account flagged for refusing the shipment.

Thanks
You getting a better deal at bb? Meaning cheaper price or gc use or trade in credit you can't use anywhere else? Buying their warranty?

Anyone know if bb record the serial number for the system they sell on the receipt?

Cause, otherwise, you could just bring the amazon ps4 to bb and return it. Same effect, easier return.

You're the one that decided to order 2 systems. You should be the responsible one and pay to return the item. Amazon doesn't deserve to lose money because you were "greedy" or anxious and chose to order two PS4s.
WTH? I was not greedy, I tried to cancel earlier and could not, was too late. If I refuse, they will not lose money.

If I was greedy I could just sell at craiglist for 550-800 like some people are doing it.

Stay at home and just wait for Amazon one?

one more question guys. I am leaving in 2 hours to bestbuy to get my pre-order. I have another ps4 on its way from amazon (already shipped).

Can I just refuse the package from amazon tomorrow? I don't want to return because I would have to pay for the return shipping. How does the refusal process work? I also do not want to have my amazon account flagged for refusing the shipment.

Thanks

Are you sure? I think they are charging now, unless it is their fault (like damaged item, wrong item, etc..)
I've never returned a system but the few things I've returned, they've never charged me anything. Just print out the UPS sticker, take it to UPS and that was it.

You getting a better deal at bb? Meaning cheaper price or gc use or trade in credit you can't use anywhere else? Buying their warranty?

Anyone know if bb record the serial number for the system they sell on the receipt?

Cause, otherwise, you could just bring the amazon ps4 to bb and return it. Same effect, easier return.
I paid using my BB credit card, which I can finance in up to 6 months. But the main reason is because I want the reward certificates and keep my elite plus status!!

And yes, they put the serial number in the receipt. I can't do that

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid using my BB credit card, which I can finance in up to 6 months. But the main reason is because I want the reward certificates and keep my elite plus status!!

And yes, they put the serial number in the receipt. I can't do that
which ps4 bundle did you order from amazon?

Just a free one time replacement if your console is damaged. 40$ for 1 year or 60$ for 2.

I just went with one, especially with all the reports of errors and such. Rather be out 40$ than not having the console for like a month.
They didn't tell me anything about 2 years to me. They said you can only get it at the time of purchase. I would have paid for the 2 year warranty. I wonder if I can convince them to let me get it later.

So looks like Amazon fucked up my ps4 order and I think i might be in dire need of one. Any cags or friends of cags live near Middletown, NY or have a extra pre-order from gstop or something? pm me. thanx

I don't think they'll let me at midnight and I'm not going back. I regret going as it is. It was a madhouse. If I could go back, I wouldn't have sat in that store for 45 mins and would have just went tomorrow.
Haha cant blame ya. Mine was a clusterfuck too, apparently I was one of the only people who had fully paid theirs off already. Just standing around for like 45 minutes watching people trade tons of games in and complaining about various things.

Just glad I don't have to do it again at midnight.

Where can I buy this? Is it only at sony stores or can it be bought online somewhere? Knowing the gigantic amount of faulty systems there were pre release, I don't want to take any chances.
what? you mean like the 4 known cases?

In this media saturated age, we're getting info way too quickly. I am sure the problems are isolated.

Gigantic amount? Hyperbole much?

Haha cant blame ya. Mine was a clusterfuck too, apparently I was one of the only people who had fully paid theirs off already. Just standing around for like 45 minutes watching people trade tons of games in and complaining about various things.

Just glad I don't have to do it again at midnight.
BB's 2 year warranty is $80 or $90, I forget. Seems strangely more expensive than Gamestop, since BB usually has way better value for stuff.
So not sure what's up with that.

But I was thinking BB is probably WAY more likely to have more PS4's in stock over the next several months than Gamestop should something happen to it, since it is a much bigger retailer.

I'm going to see if Gamestop will sell me the warranty tonight or tomorrow. Tell them they didn't mention 2 years and had I known about it, I would have bought it.

Wasn't paying attention for a moment, and all of the sudden the PS4 ships from AZ. Will be here tomorrow. Spoke with Amazon about Injustice and NFS Rivals, apparently they are back-ordered, and won't be coming to my house anytime soon. Hopefully the rest of you have more luck. There was also an error with my PS4 Camera. They said that would be delayed until Tuesday-Wednesday of next week. Think they may have given me a $10 gift as a way to say sorry. Needless to say I took that.... then cancelled the preorder on the camera. I figure I can just walk into a Best Buy or Gamestop to get that.

Here's hoping there aren't any supply issues for the XBone games next week...I need at least 2K14 and Battlefield ready to go for that. 

8PM and still Shipping Now

Don't think I ever had an order where it still hasn't shipped by this time the day before delivery. 

[Slight Panic Mode] - [ON]

8PM and still Shipping Now

Don't think I ever had an order where it still hasn't shipped by this time the day before delivery.

[Slight Panic Mode] - [ON]
If it makes you feel any better, mine shows "Shipped", but the UPS tracking shows that the only thing that has happened is the creation of the label,

What happened, snakeybro?
a cag bud of mine had an extra ps4 pre-orderd on amazon and i gave him $50 and he gave me his amazon account with the ps4 launch edition on it. Everything was looking fine until like 3 days ago and long story short, they protected his account because amazon thought i hacked into his account, so he's been talkin to customer service on Amazon and he says they're investigating it, but its looking doubtful now. I wonder if this happened to anyone else.

Oh and heres how I feel after this rollercoaster ride.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Paid off my non pre-order at gamestop, life could not be sweeter. Back at home so I can download a few things and then it's back to join the party! Really feeling the hype now guys!

l just showed up at Walmart in hopes of getting a non-reserved PS4 at midnight. I guess that my fear of finding a capped line was debunked, as I'm the first and only person in line. #winning

If it makes you feel any better, mine shows "Shipped", but the UPS tracking shows that the only thing that has happened is the creation of the label,
Unfortunately it doesn't because that happens all the time. :cry: I rarely ever see a proper tracking update from Amazon via using UPS/USPS tracking #. As least yours shipped out. :whistle2:( Spoke from a rep before and they told me my PS4 was at the shipping warehouse in Delaware yet I'm in NYC so I'm worried that it isn't out yet.

Alas I will wait to panic until midnight.

This guy put this video out on Oct 29th.  Now if people had pre-ordered from Blockbuster they not only aren't getting their console, they lost ALL their money because they're out of fucking business for good. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbz6WPxfYrc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUu-Z9AJHvd7C7D0Ce4rEWPQ

Unfortunately it doesn't because that happens all the time. :cry: I rarely ever see a proper tracking update from Amazon via using UPS/USPS tracking #. As least yours shipped out. :whistle2:( Spoke from a rep before and they told me my PS4 was at the shipping warehouse in Delaware yet I'm in NYC so I'm worried that it isn't out yet.

Alas I will wait to panic until midnight.
The actual UPS website shows that only the label is created.

Did you guys pay extra for release day shipping? If not, is it that big of a deal not to get it on day one?
It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

a cag bud of mine had an extra ps4 pre-orderd on amazon and i gave him $50 and he gave me his amazon account with the ps4 launch edition on it. Everything was looking fine until like 3 days ago and long story short, they protected his account because amazon thought i hacked into his account, so he's been talkin to customer service on Amazon and he says they're investigating it, but its looking doubtful now. I wonder if this happened to anyone else.

Oh and heres how I feel after this rollercoaster ride.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

You see boobs in that movie

$39 a year :D . One of the few benefits of being a student...
Same. Rather enjoyed those free six months of 2 day shipping.

Regarding your UPS status, that's what I was pertaining too as well. I just had a TV stand furniture shipped to me today and there was no update on it aside from the label being created until it actually delivered this morning. Not sure what's with Amazon + UPS/USPS tracking but they're never on par with each other.

Just got a call from Best Buy a little while ago Asking if I would be joining them tonight for the PS4 launch. Told the girl that I was planning to go in the morning and she told me they would be held near the Pick up desk. Good to see there won't be a problem, was a little worried after hearing all the talk on I think Neogaf it was.

Ordered mine through Amazon within two minutes after it was up after E3. Just did an Amazon Prime Trial on Wednesday so I got back the money I initially paid for Release Date shipping.

I'm in Norcross and mine shows that it's at the Atlanta UPS center. Having it delivered to work since I'll be there all day tomorrow and I don't have to worry about it being left on the front porch. Plus it'll be easier for me to run downstairs to the mail room every thirty minutes to see if it's arrived instead of trying to sneak out of the office and drive home :)

bread's done
Back