PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

My only concern...when I track it via ups, there is no eta on delivery. But at least it's on a truck. Departure scan already....

And it's ups ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally they don't. I have ordered from a website that always ships out via UPS with Signature Required and they would NOT let me authorize release nor let my downstairs neighbor sign for it unless if I requested it via MyUPS.

Not 100% on this since your apartment is structured around having a hub inside your apartment but the packages are usually only released to a signature by the name on the shipping label.

It also comes down to how much your driver cares. He/she might not give a damn and just give it over to your apartment regardless of who signs it.
It let me do a release, it now says this "

Management Office
Based on the selected Leave At instructions, a signature will be obtained for the delivery of this package."

Went to my closest store at 2 o'clock today, and they told me they were selling the extra consoles they had starting at 6 PM, and that there wasn't currently anyone in line. So I told them that I'd start the line, and six hours later, I've got one for pickup at midnight! Leaving my house in about 45 minutes to go pick it up. I've got an extra Dualshock 4, NBA 2K14, Battlefield 4 and Killzone. Hype is through the roof right now!

Amazon just shipped mine, it's in Indiana and I'm chicago. Says guaranteed by Saturday, but may come tomorrow as I've gotten things early from amazon. I'm hoping tomorrow evening after work fedex drops it off . Can't wait!!!!!
Mine too. Shipping from Indiana and I'm in Illinois (right near the Wisconsin border). So stoked even though I have work tomorrow :(

Anyone know if changing delivery to be picked up at a UPS location will delay delivery? It's free, and says

"

Package Available:

Friday, 11/15/2013

Pick Up By:

Thursday, 11/21/2013*

Is this guaranteed?

Probably a dumb question, but how exactly does the signature required work when living at an apartment? All of our packages are left at the office and sorted. We get a slip in our mailboxes that says we have a package, and give that to the employees who then retrieve our packages. I assume that UPS accepts the signatures of the people who work in the office?
The leasing office in my apartment building signs for all my packages and I've never had a problem.

It will get there the same time.
So are packages sent to these locations before being loaded onto the trucks? Basically, will I get it earlier in the day if I pick it up

It doesn't say anywhere on my ups tracking that a signature is required
It's not listed as "signature required". Look for a label "special instructions". It didn't show up for my order until just recently.

Wow. No shortage of units here. Walked into my local GameStop and got a ticket and paid for an extra unit (my Amazon preorder is in shipping now). Kind of want to float it to a buddy of mine and let him pay me back in installments at no interest. He can't ever afford to buy consoles (still doesn't own anything from the retiring generation) and I figure if I buy it for him he can actually participate with everyone else this time. It worked out great for him when I bought a launch 3DS. It took him nearly a year to pay it off but he's got one and loves it.

"A next-gen system more powerful than the PS3"...well, I would certainly hope so.

Naughty Dog! Uncharted!

Yes, these are the locations where the packages are sorted to be put on the trucks
Ugh I'm just worried that it will mess up something if I change delivery settings. On the UPS website it says "With Delivery Change Request, you as the receiver, can request that UPS change the original delivery instructions for your shipment after the first delivery attempt via phone or the Web. UPS will perform one of the following actions:"

So they will deliver the package, and only hold it at the UPS center if delivery fails?

Who was that guy's voice in the Uncharted teaser? Looks like a reboot sorta since it didn't say Uncharted 4 but just Uncharted

Who was that guy's voice in the Uncharted teaser? Looks like a reboot sorta since it didn't say Uncharted 4 but just Uncharted

I don't know I'm wondering that myself. Why would it be a reboot tho?

I have to admit I'm getting just a little bit excited to go pick this up. On the other hand, I'm not the slightest bit looking forward to dealing with any sort of crowd at Gamestop. I'm too old for that shit ;).

I called them earlier and they suggested I get there 11:30-11:45 to minimize my time in line. I have it all paid off so I'm hoping I can be in and out quickly.

I did ask if they have the console stand for sale since I only have room to set it up vertically. They said they do not which I find odd - aren't they planning on making most of their money off accessories and such? They don't get much from the console sale. I would have paid full price for that stand to get it day 1 for my setup.

Edit: OK, don't see one available on Amazon either. Seems Sony dropped the ball on having these available at launch.

Can you please just stay out you say you like both systems and come in here and make negative comments and little jabs all the time! Seriously annoying
how the heck what i said was anything negative? i wish uncharted was a launch title and im sad that it's not going to be out till late 14 or early 15 uncharted is my fav sony franchise

second son lookss sooo good i will gladly wait to buy a ps4 till the release of that game will be worth it.

march 21st :( littler later then people were saying.

Ugh I'm just worried that it will mess up something if I change delivery settings. On the UPS website it says "With Delivery Change Request, you as the receiver, can request that UPS change the original delivery instructions for your shipment after the first delivery attempt via phone or the Web. UPS will perform one of the following actions:"

So they will deliver the package, and only hold it at the UPS center if delivery fails?
Generally they will just attempt to deliver again the next day if delivery fails (signature is required) but you can pick it up at the delivery center after the truck that attempted had returned.
If you choose to have it held before they attempt to deliver, they won't put it on a truck at all.

bread's done
Back