PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Well, they're SUPPOSED to ask for a signature since it's such an expensive item. If you were to claim non receipt of the item, that driver is going to be in serious shit.
I've never, ever had an item shipped from Amazon require a signature, no matter the cost. TVs, laptops, game consoles, guitars. I think the most expensive item I've purchased from them was a $2500 Mac, no signature. Every item I've ever ordered from Amazon over the years was just left at my door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything working on mine so far...Relieved, but tried loading up PS Store and just staring at their blue screen now. I suppose it is pretty slow, though from what I have heard.

How do you check your current downloads?

EDIT: Nevermind. It was under Notifications.

I've never, ever had an item shipped from Amazon require a signature, no matter the cost. TVs, laptops, game consoles, guitars. I think the most expensive item I've purchased from them was a $2500 Mac, no signature. Every item I've ever ordered from Amazon over the years was just left at my door.
Ditto, with only one exception. We ordered a Freezer from amazon....and had to sign for it. But it wasn't sent via UPS, Fedex, or USPS..it was sent via some freight company who's name I can't remember.

Everything working on mine so far...Relieved, but tried loading up PS Store and just staring at their blue screen now. I suppose it is pretty slow, though from what I have heard.

How do you check your current downloads?

EDIT: Nevermind. It was under Notifications.
I would recommend using the PS App or the website to throw things in your download queue.

Cracks me up to hear that ppl stood in line for hours for something that is basically a paper weight right now. The launch game lineup is just really sad. Sony should have fought hard to get Infamous on store shelves to at least make this a must have holiday item.
Sorry for next gen 2K14 is well worth it for launch. Seeing as it is very different for the PS360 version which I intentionally skipped for next gen. Also all my COD progress already transferred over to the PS4 from the PS3 and it didn't cost me nothing (had a $10 credit from the system launch) so I'm very happy that I have it. Of course this is just my experience and my opinion, take it for what it is.

You guys and gals are lucky!

I had to cancel my original Sony Store online preorder due to some unforeseen medical bills.  I had ordered it July 9th.

I didn't get to know for sure I could afford it until October 30th when Walmart had some last minute Holiday Bundle offer, promising it by December 16th.  I have a date range of November 18th to December 16th.

As part of the bundle, I got a PS Camera and Knack.  Both those parts came in separately.

The camera was shipped on November 5th and received on November 6th.  I received a timely email alerting me to the fact that it shipped.

Knack however, just showed up one day (even though the website still said "processing")

Right now my PS4 say "processing" but I am really hoping it shows up unannounced like Knack did.  Waiting to see if the Fedex guy just shows up later this afternoon.  Would make my day.

Otherwise it's gonna be a long month!  Everyday waiting for 3/4 PM to roll around hoping that today's the day!

Cracks me up to hear that ppl stood in line for hours for something that is basically a paper weight right now. The launch game lineup is just really sad. Sony should have fought hard to get Infamous on store shelves to at least make this a must have holiday item.
I would bet MOST early adopters of the PS4 are not relying on it as their only console. I still have my XB360 in my LR..and my PS3 just got moved up to the bedroom (replacing an old blu ray player, which is now migrating to my daughters room). I'm guessing most PS4 buyers are in a similair situation.

There's stuff to play, both disc based and PSN based, out of the box. Could it be my ONLY console for the next 6 months? Probably not. But it's hardly a paperweight (heck, it'll get use as a DVD/Blu-Ray player, too).

I would bet MOST early adopters of the PS4 are not relying on it as their only console. I still have my XB360 in my LR..and my PS3 just got moved up to the bedroom (replacing an old blu ray player, which is now migrating to my daughters room). I'm guessing most PS4 buyers are in a similair situation.

There's stuff to play, both disc based and PSN based, out of the box. Could it be my ONLY console for the next 6 months? Probably not. But it's hardly a paperweight (heck, it'll get use as a DVD/Blu-Ray player, too).
A damn good BR player at that, being leaps above PS3 read speed.

Throw me into the pot of my Amazon PS4 not working also. If I request for a refund I'll get it back with Amazon credit which is what I do not want. Screwed myself over cause I sent a $400 GC to myself.
Was it problem with the HDMI? I heard some of the HDMI cords are faulty and there were suggestion to use your own HDMI cord instead.

Is it true that if I download resogun I won't be able to play it when my free PS+ trial is over?
Yes. You have to have a current membership to play ps+ free titles. However at least with ps3, if you lapse an re sign up you get access to titles you previously downloaded for free

Well, I don't have a broken HDMI port, but I do have a broken HDMI cable. I've bought $4 HDMI cables off of Amazon that were higher quality. In fact, my PS4 is using one right now. Now I just need to connect to PSN and I will be g2g.

Had some extra PS4's at my store last night. We got a bigger shipment the expected. Had around 40 non preordered systems. 

Congrats to all of you. I was tempted myself but i will wait for the game library fattens up a bit. Plus i still got games on the 3 to play.

I'll be moving my 360 out of the way to make room for PS4 but I'm not sure what I'm going to do when One releases. Still some games I want to play on PS3/WiiU in the near future and I really only have room for 3 consoles in my setup. Of course I'll still be playing certain things on PC as well.

Is it true that if I download resogun I won't be able to play it when my free PS+ trial is over?
If PS4 handles PS+ the same way PS3 does, then you won't be able to play it once your subscription is over. Should you ever decide to jump back into PS+ down the road then you'll have access to all those games once again.

I went too about five different stores this morning and every last one of them was completely sold out of systems and almost sold out of their entire stock of PS4 games. Hopefully the Xbox also finds similar success next week.

Ok guys, I just asked my wife to refuse the ps4 from aMAZOn. I will going back hom (I am working now) in 3 hours, and can't wait to see if my ps4 from bestbuy is deffective or not.. WISH me luck

Was it problem with the HDMI? I heard some of the HDMI cords are faulty and there were suggestion to use your own HDMI cord instead.
Nope. My console won't boot into safe mode at all. Looks like its a widespread problem considering there's a handful of people posting the same issues I'm having on the Playstation Community Forums.

With all these PSN problems, you wonder what having to pay for online is doing for it. Not much, it seems. Hopefully it's just 1st day hiccups that will be smoothed out. Maybe they have to wait for all the free months to expire so they start getting money for online. LOL.

Thanks. Guess I'll check into seeing what the subscription will cost me.
Last I heard Gamestop will be selling 12 month subscriptions for $20 off on Black Friday, so you may want to hold off until then. Hopefully Amazon will match them.

So I am going through setup right now.

Very cool that it started downloading the 1.5 system update in the backround without even mentioning it to me.

So when I got around to clicking on.. sign into psn... and it asked to download the update... the update was already 50% downloaded and really fast wi-fi at the moment too. took 3 minutes to download.

Mine just arrived.  Gotta run out for some errands, and such.  Might swing by BB.

Setup later this afternoon!

Whoops. Ordered in June so had it set to ship to office. Problem is that I haven't worked there in months. Luckily I just called someone there who grabbed it for me.

Shu came out and said they anticipated a 0.4% equipment problem rate (if you've ever taken a business or engineering stats class, you know how they come up with these numbers!).

Given the hundreds of thousands of consoles that are probably part of this first run, you're gonna hear stories, especially since people will show up to announce a problem, but the majority who are not having a problem wont be posting to say "mine is fine", etc etc.
The fact that so many people are posting their problems, just here on CAG is very telling though. I believe that the equipment problem rate will be higher than that. That said, this sucks, I hope whoever does have any problem gets the issue(s) fixed.

All I did was unhook my GameCube & put the PS4 right next to the PS3. Will still use the PS3 as the movie player (remote factor)

360 & it's HD-DVD player take up the top shelf of my TV stand, though I need to get a new power strip as I had to unplug my HD-DVD drive to have a spot for the PS4 power cord.

Does anyone know what kind of clearance it might need for ventilation? I don;t know where the intake vents are. I have a cabinet with a space that it will fit that is pretty roomy on all sides but it does have a back wall that i guess would be about 4-5 inches from the back of the unit (where the exhaust fans look to be) when inside (i don't have my system yet). if that might not be ok, then i can put it vertical next to the tv, but that was my second choice. It might be in the manual I guess. My son has a 360 slim in the same kind of cabinet and seems to be fine after a year, but that has exhaust on top...

The best buy that's 20min away from me had 100 extra supposedly, the Walmart I was at was suppose to have 50 extras but screwed up on the whole "delivery", they had a guy go buy 4 from a different Walmart.

Just got off the phone with Sony. Offered to replace it today at a sony store, but the closest one is around 9-10 hours away. So i'll be sending it in. They are unable to offer compesnation I was told and instead tried to push me to buy a warranty... for a system that was already DOA. Maybe i'll need it! lol.

Was on hold for two hours. I'm annoyed to say the least.

My tracking hasn't updated since it left California last night. Fedex tracking still says it's coming today, but I tried packagetrackr.com and that said delivery for tomorrow. That can't be right, I don't think standard overnight has Saturday delivery.

Anyone that preordered from Newegg get theirs yet?

Just went to my Bestbuy and they had over 50 units marked as preorders behind the counter. Hopefully people are actually going to pick them up and they're not just resellers waiting to see how the market is.

bread's done
Back