PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I didn't call I used the chat function. I was being nice and that I was wondering why it hasn't shipped yet. I told them I was fine with slow shipping as long as it at least shipped on launch day.

I wasn't expecting them to overnight it to me but the rep said he would get it shipped that day and overnight it to me. It came about an hour ago.
I guess you got lucky with your CS rep as I just did the chat thing and was told the same thing as i was over the phone

FINALLY my PS4 is on the truck ready for delivery!
did you choose the Free Super Shipping option?

Are you guys liking that POS earbud that came with the ps4??? Damn it, it is horrible. really uncomfortable. People have been using the Vita one with good results. Has anyone tried?

I have this one, will try later and post results

MUNITIO_Billets_MW3_green_packaging.jpg

No I ordered from Newegg with overnight shipping. I was supposed to get it Friday but FedEx had some issues that held the shipment back.
I was in the same situation. There was an oil spill or something on the west coast that affected east coast orders, I finally just got mine an hour ago. Im in NY btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a chance to check out my friend's PS4 last night. Pretty awesome, I'm digging the UI and finally having multiple accounts on the system at the same time is really cool. Control feels a lot better, especially the L2/R2 buttons, and it is way wider than I expected. Resogun was awesome, and I enjoyed the local Ghosts games we were doing to. NBA 2K14 and Madden were fine, neither is really my cup of tea. Remote Play worked awesomely on Madden, I can definitely see myself getting into Remote Play when I get my PS4.

Overall very impressed.
Any thoughts on the fan noise? That's where my concern lies. Haven't opened it yet because of that issue. Really don't want loud fans in my theater room.

Why is Killzone getting all the hate? Its better than any other FPS out right now SP wise. Multiplayer I have no clue but I doubt it would be better than BF4. Killzone is the same as its always been and if you expected different then Im shocked. Its definitely not a bad game. Ive learned that CAGs like to bash just about every game though so no surprise. Of course COD Ghosts and GTA5 are the best. Typical.

Any thoughts on the fan noise? That's where my concern lies. Haven't opened it yet because of that issue. Really don't want loud fans in my theater room.
One person in particular has been talking non stop about how loud the fan are. After you install a disk, or if you play a downloaded game the PS4 is one of the more quiet systems I own! When you first insert a disk or are downloading the game it can get loud, but it is a great improvement!

To broadcast on twitch, is there any way my friends can see me LIVE, not like 6 seconds behind? It seems like all yhe other streams are perfect, And how can they listen to my in game sound? Thx

Anyone???

I turned off the stand by mode on my ps4. After having a fried Wii for letting this feature on, I will never make the same mistake again.
my launch wii has been in standby mode since... launch. ive never had an issuewith it. you might have had a power surge that fried your console.

Wonder when the red and blue DS4s will be released.
im trying to figure out the same thing. lol!

One person in particular has been talking non stop about how loud the fan are. After you install a disk, or if you play a downloaded game the PS4 is one of the more quiet systems I own! When you first insert a disk or are downloading the game it can get loud, but it is a great improvement!
Oh, this is good to hear. I've heard people saying it's very loud after playing KZ for a bit. Glad to hear something positive. I really want to open mine, but can't deal with another loud fan issue.

According to my Smart Tools app my PS4 is 40-45 dB after playing AC4 for about 2 hours. It is quieter than my Slim PS3 and a lot quieter than my 360.

Why is Killzone getting all the hate? Its better than any other FPS out right now SP wise.
Uh, if you're comparing it against BF4 which has ALWAYS had awful SP campaigns (Bad Company are somewhat better) and COD, then yes it's probably the least worst of the three. They're all shit though.

Really disappointed to see Knack get such terrible reviews. A score of 4 or 5 is just awful. Killzone has always been a second class 1st party series for Sony, but I still had high hopes for it. Now I see it's getting a lot of bad comments. Other than that, just multiplatform games, which makes me wonder why Sony couldn't have done MUCH better with launch games. And how could Watchdogs go from a launch title to June 2014? I've got NBA 2k14, which I already had for PS3 and COD Ghosts, but I would like something "new", not recycled. Kind of wish I had held off on PS4 for a while.

my launch wii has been in standby mode since... launch. ive never had an issuewith it. you might have had a power surge that fried your console.

im trying to figure out the same thing. lol!
What I mean was the wiiconnect standby mode, where it keeps downloading stuff. Nintendo officially recognize that was frying Wiis

I heards people at the walmart lauch who pre-ordered had to wait till after the non-pre orders got done checking out to get there system, any truth to that?

And how could Watchdogs go from a launch title to June 2014?
That's an easy one: the game was probably going to suck. I feel like they have another Assassin's Creed on their hands and will take a sequel to get it right, just like what happened with AC. Now, given they're taking extra time to make it a better game, it could end up being very good. I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to Holiday next year though.

I heards people at the walmart lauch who pre-ordered had to wait till after the non-pre orders got done checking out to get there system, any truth to that?
Not at my store, the 44 we had were only for preorders and only 3 people showed up at the midnight launch thing.

Ive got an issue. Im a walmart employee and we get 25% off one purchase for working on thanksgiving. We can can only redeem it on the 6th or 7th Of DEC. Im hoping the new stock of PS4s will be in but all of these clowns are putting PS4s on layaway and crap meaning I may not get one :(.

Really disappointed to see Knack get such terrible reviews. A score of 4 or 5 is just awful.
It's hardly awful and in the way most sites use the 10 point scale it's really more of a 6. It looks good, runs fine, haven't encountered any real bugs. It's just there's no real depth or growth in the mechanics to provide that hook or even keep it interesting. The enemies progressively get more complicated in how you have to approach them but they still remain the same basic varieties that are a little tougher. Bland is the word I keep coming back to when I talk about it because I'm enjoying playing it but it's not particularly compelling. It's like they took the God of War formula and wanted something simpler to appeal to all ages and just went to far in stripping it down. I would actually like to see what (if anything) they do with DLC because it's the kind of thing where a more varied move set, more interesting level design (that's not just straight corridors), and more varied enemies (for the new moves) could make it a great game. I kind of hope we get to see a second game if they can figure out how to take the foundation and find that hook for it.

AHHHHH 

My Playstation 3D display broke again. Got a 2 year warranty luckily so I'll hopefully get my money back in credit and I'll just buy a new tv on Black Friday.

Ive got an issue. Im a walmart employee and we get 25% off one purchase for working on thanksgiving. We can can only redeem it on the 6th or 7th Of DEC. Im hoping the new stock of PS4s will be in but all of these clowns are putting PS4s on layaway and crap meaning I may not get one :(.
I think you can put one in layaway and apply the discount on the day you get the 25% and pay it off on that day. Personally, I'm just going to hope there's a PS4/Xbone there on those days and if not, then I'll have $900 and one less headache if it would've been doa.

So when i got to pick my xbox up friday i shouldnt worry about getting there early? Pre orderes for sure get theres?
Once again its YMMV. You might want to call your Wal-Mart and ask them how they are going to handle it. But yes, if you preordered you should get one.

EldritchOnRye said:
It's hardly awful and in the way most sites use the 10 point scale it's really more of a 6. It looks good, runs fine, haven't encountered any real bugs. It's just there's no real depth or growth in the mechanics to provide that hook or even keep it interesting. The enemies progressively get more complicated in how you have to approach them but they still remain the same basic varieties that are a little tougher. Bland is the word I keep coming back to when I talk about it because I'm enjoying playing it but it's not particularly compelling. It's like they took the God of War formula and wanted something simpler to appeal to all ages and just went to far in stripping it down. I would actually like to see what (if anything) they do with DLC because it's the kind of thing where a more varied move set, more interesting level design (that's not just straight corridors), and more varied enemies (for the new moves) could make it a great game. I kind of hope we get to see a second game if they can figure out how to take the foundation and find that hook for it.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. No way does it deserve 4-5 scores, but 6 is fair. The main reason I am playing it is that it has 2-player full-screen coop so I can make use of that second controller I got for $30 from Amazon (and of course play it with my son!). It is kind of fun to double-team some of the bigger enemies. One player can bait it into attacking and the other can attack from behind.

Reading up on the million consoles sold, it hit me!  Why are the launch titles so poor for BOTH systems?  To not a hit a dry spell like other recent consoles! 3DS, Vita, WiiU... etc.  with games being held back till spring, it brings consistency so that the systems sell well through next Christmas.  Think about it, both systems blew up preorders without any real news about games.  I mean 1 Million consoles in 24 hours, in NA only!!  PS4 sold 176,000 its first week, xbox 360 sold 326,000 in its first two weeks, and Wii sold 425,000 in a week!  PS4 1 million!  Gamers bought into not because of games just yet, but based on a quality new product that we have been waiting for for nearly a decade.

Sales will only continue to climb come spring when even more games become available.  I mean when the Vita launched I loved the launch titles but then it was like what next?  Now I am like I can't wait for Infamous, The order, Watch Dogs, The Division, Drive Club, and Uncharted.  The console sold without any big games!  This could be very smart by both Microsoft and Sony...  Just my two cents. 

Figured I would post this here instead of the Xbox one, because boy can those guys get pissy if you mention PS4... :twoguns:

That's a huge disappointment. I'm surprised Sony hyped it so much and it's been mostly panned.
generic shooter that cannot get anymore generic than this. visuals are not as jaw dropping as they were shown on videos. so far, i've only played 1 level with open outside environments that were shown on those videos. all other levels are your typical fps corridor level shooter.

Reading up on the million consoles sold, it hit me! Why are the launch titles so poor for BOTH systems? To not a hit a dry spell like other recent consoles! 3DS, Vita, WiiU... etc. with games being held back till spring, it brings consistency so that the systems sell well through next Christmas. Think about it, both systems blew up preorders without any real news about games. I mean 1 Million consoles in 24 hours, in NA only!! PS4 sold 176,000 its first week, xbox 360 sold 326,000 in its first two weeks, and Wii sold 425,000 in a week! PS4 1 million! Gamers bought into not because of games just yet, but based on a quality new product that we have been waiting for for nearly a decade.

Sales will only continue to climb come spring when even more games become available. I mean when the Vita launched I loved the launch titles but then it was like what next? Now I am like I can't wait for Infamous, The order, Watch Dogs, The Division, Drive Club, and Uncharted. The console sold without any big games! This could be very smart by both Microsoft and Sony... Just my two cents.

Figured I would post this here instead of the Xbox one, because boy can those guys get pissy if you mention PS4... :twoguns:
To be fair, it doesn't hurt that PSN has cross buy. If you own Flower, Sound Shapes, and others on PS3 then you also own them on PS4. So while you might have already played those, it's certainly helpful that you own some games right out of the gate.

To be fair, it doesn't hurt that PSN has cross buy. If you own Flower, Sound Shapes, and others on PS3 then you also own them on PS4. So while you might have already played those, it's certainly helpful that you own some games right out of the gate.
Oh very true, not to mention Resogun, COntrast, etc... I just mean for both launches there is no AAA title because there really doesn't need to be, I am focusing on the experience the console brings to me and I love it. What Sony has done is given us an amazing console that does teh things gamers wanted, and then promised to have great games coming soon. We have some stuff to keep us occupied and experience it, and soon we will have to total package come spring!

Oh very true, not to mention Resogun, COntrast, etc... I just mean for both launches there is no AAA title because there really doesn't need to be, I am focusing on the experience the console brings to me and I love it. What Sony has done is given us an amazing console that does teh things gamers wanted, and then promised to have great games coming soon. We have some stuff to keep us occupied and experience it, and soon we will have to total package come spring!
Do you think those games were ready for the consoles launch? I mean, it's certainly possible that they needed more time.

Anyone know if the Xbox 360 will have a cross buy feature with the Xbox One?

Do you think those games were ready for the consoles launch? I mean, it's certainly possible that they needed more time.

Anyone know if the Xbox 360 will have a cross buy feature with the Xbox One?
Negative on cross buy...

I was wondering that myself, the rumor around Watch Dogs was that it didn't want to compete with AC4, which I thought made sense. But who knows, I am sure Sony didn't try to push anyone to really release a game at launch except maybe Killzone. They could have easily rushed Infamous, But I think it really is telling that software is not pushing the hardware sales right now, it is anticipation and the hardware itself that is doing that!

Negative on cross buy...

I was wondering that myself, the rumor around Watch Dogs was that it didn't want to compete with AC4, which I thought made sense. But who knows, I am sure Sony didn't try to push anyone to really release a game at launch except maybe Killzone. They could have easily rushed Infamous, But I think it really is telling that software is not pushing the hardware sales right now, it is anticipation and the hardware itself that is doing that!
I wanted Watch Dogs at launch then Infamous later. I didn't get a PS4 at launch and am waiting for a bundle. Also my purchase this year depends on how these failures play out along with my ability to maintain self control.

I wanted Watch Dogs at launch then Infamous later. I didn't get a PS4 at launch and am waiting for a bundle. Also my purchase this year depends on how these failures play out along with my ability to maintain self control.
They will figure out the failures... every launch has had them, My PS2 had DVD drive issues numerous times, Xbox 360 RROD, PS3's YLOD. It really is a small number this time around... When you sell a million consoles, you are bound to have failures and issues. Not every single System is put together perfectly every time, the error of humans is involved.

There are a lot of people like you waiting, yet they still sold a million... really take that in, everyone should, with the numbers I listed it isn't even close how amazing that is!

They will figure out the failures... every launch has had them, My PS2 had DVD drive issues numerous times, Xbox 360 RROD, PS3's YLOD. It really is a small number this time around... When you sell a million consoles, you are bound to have failures and issues. Not every single System is put together perfectly every time, the error of humans is involved.

There are a lot of people like you waiting, yet they still sold a million... really take that in, everyone should, with the numbers I listed it isn't even close how amazing that is!
I have a feeling that the PS4 will be the best selling console this generation. MS is going to have to dump the price of the Xbox One QUICK if they want to be able to compete in 2014. I can almost guarantee you that they're going to lower the price $100 sometime next year. Others here (lets call them my "fans") will tell you that my predictions are usually wrong but MS is going to have to lower the price, no way around it. I wouldn't buy an Xbox One at $500 this year at launch. Sony MIGHT lower the price of the PS4 next year by $50 when MS lowers it's price by $100 but if it's still selling well at E3 next year then I wouldn't count on it.

Did anyone on hear preorder their PS4 at Bestbuy and attend a midnight release?

Just trying to understand how the process went. Did you get an email saying your order is ready for pickup? Did the status of order change as date approached?

Thanks

Did anyone on hear preorder their PS4 at Bestbuy and attend a midnight release?

Just trying to understand how the process went. Did you get an email saying your order is ready for pickup? Did the status of order change as date approached?

Thanks
Just like in store pickup they will email you when they receive it and say you can pick up at midnight. Most Best Buys had two lines, Preorders and walk ups. Everyone pays before midnight and then when midnight hits you give them the receipt and you walk out with your console.

bread's done
Back