Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

This thread should have been dead back in 2020. Any real fan would have got this day 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I posted back in the beginning how I accidentally bought one. Sat on it for a month and instead of returning it I finally opened it. Played one game on it the first year I owned it, astro's playroom.

I digress though, the thread definitely was helpful, and fun! It's time has come and gone.

Yeah, the PS5 was SO easy to buy on Day 1 that Ebay went nuts with scalpers and they were sold out on Sony Direct, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Newegg, Gamestop. At least he gave me a reason to daily bump this thread to the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I typed PS5 in the Best Buy search header and the query displayed PS5 Pro. Maybe the PS5 Pro might happen after all.

Would any of you guys be interested in a PS5 Pro? I bought the OG PS4, then went with the PS4 Pro and tbh, it was sort of a waste of money because only a handful of games took advantage of Boost Mode. My favorite game that generation was Bloodborne and the game only saw a slight improvement.

This time around I will probably wait for the next gen XBOX and PS6.

PS5 consoles showing up an Amazon warehouse anywhere from 1-4 am eastern time, last night they were around $440 for the disc console, slight discount, I imagine the GoW code is probably used or missing on these.

I was able to find one at my local Target this evening. Scooped it up, but forgot to pick up Sonic, which was on sale! lol

Pondering if I should keep or sell to a few people that are looking for one. lol

Would any of you guys be interested in a PS5 Pro? I bought the OG PS4, then went with the PS4 Pro and tbh, it was sort of a waste of money because only a handful of games took advantage of Boost Mode. My favorite game that generation was Bloodborne and the game only saw a slight improvement.

This time around I will probably wait for the next gen XBOX and PS6.
Personally I feel like I'm gaming a bit less this generation than the previous one, so I may be content with the base PS5 for a while even if a pro comes out. Honestly a slim console is more interesting to me at this point.

Personally I feel like I'm gaming a bit less this generation than the previous one, so I may be content with the base PS5 for a while even if a pro comes out. Honestly a slim console is more interesting to me at this point.
In fairness, there really haven’t been a lot of games that have been released that have utilized the new console’s capabilities. Really just seems like everything has been toned down to this point so these games would be compatible with the previous generation. We’re starting to see the new gen exclusives come out now so hopefully that changes soon for everyone

I also like the idea of a slim, tbh. I just get the felling we might not see a Pro this gen as well as an XBOX refresh.

I will say that it certainly doesn't seem like we're going to need new technology anytime soon. Very few games are (graphically) programmed to take full advantage of 4K60+fps w/VRR as it is.

In the PC sphere it's even worse. All these uber expensive GPUs and no one is even making brand new AAA games anymore. The industry isn't profitable that way. Those guys don't even spend money on buying brand new games; but will get roped into GAAS gacha and cosmetics.

This whole Early Access / Never Finished period of gaming hasn't been helpful to anyone.

I don't l get why there is even talk by folks of a PS5 Pro. The console barely has a library that actually takes advantage of its power and features. The base PS5 is going to last a long time. Hint - The only ones making a fuss for a PS5 Pro are the ones that want to sell you one.

I agree. I don't think there'll be a PS5 Pro any time soon. A "slim" though is probably likely. At most, they'd bump it up from the 840 GB or so to a full 1 TB, but I doubt there'd be much other changes. The memory is ample enough still.

Even if there was a Pro, I don't think that you'd want to pay for it.  Not if it cost any additional $$$ than a regular PS5.  You start running into the same diminishing returns problems as when building a PC.  They'd have to sell them for the same amount or possibly only $100 more to be worth it. 

They had to cut corners on things like SSD storage just to make this one work.  Xbox says they sell theirs at a $100 loss.  Like always, of course. 

These consoles are actually really good bang for your buck.  I just wish the OS was simpler and easier to navigate.  Like the PS4 and Nintendo.  Not all this Snapface, connectivity, and marketing banners/notifications crap. 

I'm actually really sick of all the bugs.  I'm still getting warnings every month about how my game data save files are corrupted on each individual game and you have to de-sync them from the cloud.  For over a year it was that annoying dual install PS4/PS5 file problem.  They're still terrible at "Smart Delivery".  Can't buy PS4 digital stuff on your PS5 either.  Can't easily search for games on the PSN store.  Versions of which games to buy, or what you own, can be confusing.  When it loses wi-fi it can be annoying to restore.  There is so much crap they need to fix.

Until developers jettison the old ways of doing things and embrace direct storage let's not worry about ps5 pro or whatever else.

Think I'd skip the Pro this gen.  Majority of the games are cross gen and I really don't see that changing considering how expensive its to make a AAA game.  MW2 on ps5 is really not much different than ps4 pro.  Handful of games I've played on both, just not seeing much diff.  Long as it runs min 60fps an least 1440p, no reason to upgrade.

I will say that it certainly doesn't seem like we're going to need new technology anytime soon. Very few games are (graphically) programmed to take full advantage of 4K60+fps w/VRR as it is.

In the PC sphere it's even worse. All these uber expensive GPUs and no one is even making brand new AAA games anymore. The industry isn't profitable that way. Those guys don't even spend money on buying brand new games; but will get roped into GAAS gacha and cosmetics.

This whole Early Access / Never Finished period of gaming hasn't been helpful to anyone.
Most PC games today are based on console AAA games. I was reading an article that says the most popular graphics card today on Steam is the RTX 3060. PC developers have to go for the lowest common denominator. It's really tough today to tell a AAA game apart on PC vs console. I play Microsoft Flight Simulator and I have a graphics card on my PC that allows me to play with ultra settings. I also play it on my Series X. I honestly can't tell them apart. My Series X cost me $499 and the RTX 3080 cost $699. I also play Kena on my PS5 and play the same game on my PC both in 4K. I can't tell them apart.

It's really tough to justify a PC for gaming over a Console. Now the latest and greatest RTX 4090 is $1600. Hell NO to that. You can buy 3 PS5's for that GPU alone.

my local bestbuy had a giant stack of god of war bundle ps5's when i went in yesterday. nice to finally see them in store. 

I would love to have one but my god is that thing overpriced! Maybe after a couple price drops it’ll be worth it but $550… f that!
Agreed. I have a backlog of PS4/PSVR games and not once even hooked up my PSVR to the PS5. Thinking about it now I haven't even use my PSVR since I got the PS5 two years ago...

Agreed. I have a backlog of PS4/PSVR games and not once even hooked up my PSVR to the PS5. Thinking about it now I haven't even use my PSVR since I got the PS5 two years ago...
I have been intrigued by the PSVR but I still view it as a niche accessory. The thing that holds me back is that my vision isn't all that good and I would probably need to wear glasses, at least that's what I was told by a Walmart worker who wears glasses and has the Facebook VR. The other thing is having to wear a headset.

Even if there was a Pro, I don't think that you'd want to pay for it. Not if it cost any additional $$$ than a regular PS5. You start running into the same diminishing returns problems as when building a PC. They'd have to sell them for the same amount or possibly only $100 more to be worth it.

They had to cut corners on things like SSD storage just to make this one work. Xbox says they sell theirs at a $100 loss. Like always, of course.

These consoles are actually really good bang for your buck. I just wish the OS was simpler and easier to navigate. Like the PS4 and Nintendo. Not all this Snapface, connectivity, and marketing banners/notifications crap.
I thought the ps4 pro was worth it for the hdr and 4kish graphics. I believe I got it for $200 after trading in the base ps4. I don't think there is anything major the ps5 pro could offer, maybe more games offering 60fps? I'd probably pass on the ps5 pro if it ends up coming out.

I have been intrigued by the PSVR but I still view it as a niche accessory. The thing that holds me back is that my vision isn't all that good and I would probably need to wear glasses, at least that's what I was told by a Walmart worker who wears glasses and has the Facebook VR. The other thing is having to wear a headset.
I’m in the same situation except I would definitely have to wear my glasses. Too blurry otherwise

I read a few days ago that preorders for the PSVR2 have been lower than expected and that Sony is expected to cut factory orders. Then a few days later I read a similar story but Sony responded saying, NO preorders are on target. I can't see the PSVR2 selling well when it cost more than a PS5 and the games that are available are not all that compelling.

I probably wont get the PSVR2 as I would have never even had a PSVR in the first place if it wasn't for my son wanting it. I bought it for him and I have never even tried it. Does not interest me at all. He also has a Meta Quest 2 which he uses quite often. At least I can still game myself when he plays the VR games.

I read a few days ago that preorders for the PSVR2 have been lower than expected and that Sony is expected to cut factory orders. Then a few days later I read a similar story but Sony responded saying, NO preorders are on target. I can't see the PSVR2 selling well when it cost more than a PS5 and the games that are available are not all that compelling.
If you have it might as well try it. You'll regret not trying one day in the future

all

I got the 1 TB MediaSmart Server thinking it would surely be more than enough space, but Im quickly realizing that after all of the duplication, ripped video and backups, I dont think its going to be enough.

Ill probably pull the trigger on the greenpower drive one to start with. Now the only question is "when?".

bread's done
Back