Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I would never buy a used system from Gamestop for several reasons. I had a friend who was a store mgr and he told me all they do is clean up the systems and make sure they power on and work. That's all they do. Their warranty is pretty basic and the hook is to sell you a warranty. Gamestop is in such bad financial shape that who knows if they will be in business in 12-24 months.

I would rather buy a PS4 Slim from Sony. I still have my PS4 Pro and a Slim. Honestly, there aren't too many games that take advantage of Boost Mode. Upscaling to 4K is fairly basic as well. If you want to play in 4K, buy a PS5 and install those games on there.
I remember trading in my ps4 with a bunch of cockroaches inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Target if you haven't yet. I went to Target on Sunday and they had a stock PS5 and a GoW digital in the case. I went back Thursday night to do a pickup and saw an employee stocking and he put a GoW physical in the case next to the digital. 

Target seems to restock once in a while sometimes I check late or early in the morning I see some available for instore pick up. Ragnarok bundle that is

Finally getting around to opening the PS5 that this thread helped me get a while back...

Is the consensus to have it in the Vertical or the Horizontal position? 

TIA!!!

There's a Modern Warfare 2 PS4 slim bundle on PS Direct for $340. Also, I guess you don't need a Sony/PSN account anymore to buy a God of War disc edition PS5 on PS Direct.

I'm still wondering if I should just get a used PS4 Pro from Gamestop for $300 or this Modern Warfare 2 PS4 slim for $340?
As long as you don't mind disassembling it to clean it and replace the thermal paste. I have no idea why you'd want to buy a used console unless it's running a lower firmware. Otherwise, save your money towards a PS5.

I've seen the PS4 Pro Modern Warfare bundle in Walmart recently for $339
I would buy a PS4 Pro at that price. I'm going to guess you meant a slim model.

I'm still waffling on the idea of getting a digital PS5, with the hopes of an external disc drive being added for my PS4 discs I do not wish to rebuy digitally.

At this point this thread should probably be closed or at least un-stickied since the consoles are readily stocked in most stores and websites now. 

The digital God of War PS5 bundle seems to have disappeared from the PS Direct store. 

Does Sony give you anything with the digital PS5?  Gonna check an unboxing video later.

That holiday Xbox Series S seems like you get nothing in digital games.

The digital God of War PS5 bundle seems to have disappeared from the PS Direct store.

Does Sony give you anything with the digital PS5? Gonna check an unboxing video later.
You get the console, controller, stand, and appropriate cables. If you get one of the ones that come with a game you get a code for that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
You get the console, controller, stand, and appropriate cables. If you get one of the ones that come with a game you get a code for that game.
Probably should have been more clear about stuff like a PlayStation Plus subscription. Astro's Playroom, huh? Good, I was thinking, I'm getting a doorstop until I get PlayStation Plus.

Probably should have been more clear about stuff like a PlayStation Plus subscription. Astro's Playroom, huh? Good, I was thinking, I'm getting a doorstop until I get PlayStation Plus.
Unfortunately that’s literally all it comes with. No ps+, no $10 codes, nothing. Except Astro, but that’s not in-box, you get it free from the PS store

I don't believe it's an error as it's been this price for multiple days now.
Still seems like an error since it was only at that price at Walmart unless they got partnership but it isn’t even a Walmart exclusive lol. It is back up to $99.99 now though. Guess I won’t be able to match it with bestbuy but did get an order in at Walmart

PS5s are available on sony direct if you log in with your acct.    Bring on the PS5 Pro in 2023-2024!    

The PS5 slim with detached cable disc drive sounds silly...

Just last week I was returning an extra Series X at Best Buy, and they had about 8 of those and about 7 GoW Ragnarok bundles sitting on the shelf.  Never seen one in person in store that wasn't pre purchased lol

Just last week I was returning an extra Series X at Best Buy, and they had about 8 of those and about 7 GoW Ragnarok bundles sitting on the shelf. Never seen one in person in store that wasn't pre purchased lol
That's because they are hidden for theft purposes. They're stirred in warehouse or behind the pickup area in customer service. Best Buy stores will be getting another drop ship of PS5s this week before xmas.

On the bright side, all these GoW codes floating around from the bundles have driven the game's price into the ground; less than $45 on eneba right now. Took Elden Ring almost a year to even have a price drop digitally.

Seems like people who got the game bundled just wanted to get rid of the game to get a physical. When I look on Mercari, everytime one pops up on my saved searches, it’s already sold lol. I’ll definitely keep lookin for a cheap physical version. I be trying to sell some vouchers on OfferUp and no one wants to buy lol

Seems like people who got the game bundled just wanted to get rid of the game to get a physical. When I look on Mercari, everytime one pops up on my saved searches, it’s already sold lol. I’ll definitely keep lookin for a cheap physical version. I be trying to sell some vouchers on OfferUp and no one wants to buy lol
I'm glad I returned my GoW bundle for a non-bundle. I had a feeling that would be the case, that these vouchers would flood the market. I'll pick it up eventually on physical, prob when it goes to GH status.

It's a just a thread to help people find a hot in-demand item. Not sure why you are bothered by it so much. If you don't think it should be sticky, then just ignore it or you can go full Karen with a message to CheapyD and his mods team. 

It's a just a thread to help people find a hot in-demand item. Not sure why you are bothered by it so much. If you don't think it should be sticky, than just ignore it or you can go full Karen with a message to CheapyD and his mods team.
I presume at this point if it helped this thread would have a lot more active posts instead of the same people posting. At least a thank you from someone who it helped.

What, people don't want digital versions of GOW? I thought the whole concept was everything was going digital in the future as that's what "everybody" wanted? Sony and Nintendo better reconsider an all digital future as it seems many are not into that scenario as they think. Of course there will be those who prefer all digital, but I don't think the gamers who prefer physical will be gone for a loooong while.

Was about to post that PS5s are stocked for walk in traffic in most walmart stores now. Just saw a bunch in my local store today. I'm surprised as I expected the holiday rush to "sell out" and restock not to take place for a while.

Was about to post that PS5s are stocked for walk in traffic in most walmart stores now. Just saw a bunch in my local store today. I'm surprised as I expected the holiday rush to "sell out" and restock not to take place for a while.
What about xbox

Thank you for the post. It looks like literally every walmart store everywhere has stock.

I wonder when this thread will finally be unstickied, like the xbox thread. PS5s have been commonly stock online and in most stores the past couple months.
Looks like you got your wish.

It's so bizarre, your obsession to get rid of this thread and yet continuously post in it to help keep it alive.

It's so bizarre, your obsession to get rid of this thread and yet continuously post in it to help keep it alive.
I'm all about helping people find things here. It's just silly to sticky a thread for a commonly stocked item anymore.

I don't get annoyed, it was just comical.

bread's done
Back