Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I like how much more comfortable the Dual Sense is to hold because it's slightly larger. If I have the Dual Shock 4 resting firmly in my palms, my thumbs go beyond the analog sticks and touch each other. This isn't an issue with the Xbox controller because it's bigger, and the analog sticks are offset. It's no longer an issue for the Dual Sense.

I like how much more comfortable the Dual Sense is to hold because it's slightly larger. If I have the Dual Shock 4 resting firmly in my palms, my thumbs go beyond the analog sticks and touch each other. This isn't an issue with the Xbox controller because it's bigger, and the analog sticks are offset. It's no longer an issue for the Dual Sense.
The way you hold it you can barely tell their is a size difference at all. It’s definitely wider but not that drastic in the areas you hold it. The controller’s analog sticks actually line up exactly with the same width and area as a dual shock 4. Basically you may have the same issues with the dual sense.

I personally like how PlayStation keeps the sticks at the bottom. I’ve never been a huge fan of Microsoft and Nintendo’s asymmetrical stick layouts. Again this is my preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing 850-1000 on craigslist from dirty scalpers. What do you guys think is a fair price if at all to pay if I wanted a PS5 on the 12th?
$800 is rock bottom. They’ve held steady at $850 so that’s the selling point and fairest price you’ll get right now. Doubtful restocks will even dent that wall, so the only thing that can happen is prices go up.

Patience is definitely a virtue. Not looking to get one until it's readily available for everyone.
That is until you consider preorders have been reportedly 5x the demand of PS4 at launch. Lest we forget how long console shortages can last without a pandemic. Wii will see how well that resolve lasts.

That is until you consider preorders have been reportedly 5x the demand of PS4 at launch. Lest we forget how long console shortages can last without a pandemic. Wii will see how well that resolve lasts.
It is hard to determine actual demand versus supply as it is fairly well known that bots had a significant impact on the preorders and did significant damage to the ordering systems. Also, Microsoft and Sony have been clear they intend to get new stock here as quickly as possible, with Sony having even chartered some flights.

Sure some will pay a significant premium to get it on the first day, but every day that passes that "having it first" shininess wears off.

It is hard to determine actual demand versus supply as it is fairly well known that bots had a significant impact on the preorders and did significant damage to the ordering systems. Also, Microsoft and Sony have been clear they intend to get new stock here as quickly as possible, with Sony having even chartered some flights.

Sure some will pay a significant premium to get it on the first day, but every day that passes that "having it first" shininess wears off.
We only have Sony’s word on the matter but they have failed to provide more promised stock as we head towards launch thus far, even to the point of retailers canceling orders they can’t fill. I think it’s just more lies to comfort those trying to get one still, but the reality is stock has been completely gone since the first wave of preorders. I honestly don’t see that changing anytime soon, which means the bots will not relent where there’s money to be made.

We only have Sony’s word on the matter but they have failed to provide more promised stock as we head towards launch thus far, even to the point of retailers canceling orders they can’t fill. I think it’s just more lies to comfort those trying to get one still, but the reality is stock has been completely gone since the first wave of preorders. I honestly don’t see that changing anytime soon, which means the bots will not relent where there’s money to be made.
The stock is gone ... to a bunch of bots (and some people like us, of course). And we don't know how much they oversold, and if the cancellations were due to oversell - or other reasons (alot of people didn't know about rolling auths). Keep in mind new orders have opened up for brief periods several times. You have no idea what ordering would have been like if bots didn't jam the websites. They create the scenario in which they thrive.The consoles are already $500, I really don't see an entertainment device like this holding up at over $300 on top of that. Sure we have people stuck at home, but we also have alot of economic uncertainty, and very very few of the next gen games are exclusive to the next gen. And really, there is no good that can come from trying to convince people of scarcity, unless you are selling, of course.

I remember last gen there was this long thread from a guy talking about "moving units" that posted frequently trying to convince people that the consoles were rarer than they actually were at the time. Sure you couldn't stroll in a store any old time and get one that first holiday season, but you could find one with a bit of effort.

The stock is gone ... to a bunch of bots (and some people like us, of course). And we don't know how much they oversold, and if the cancellations were due to oversell - or other reasons (alot of people didn't know about rolling auths). Keep in mind new orders have opened up for brief periods several times. You have no idea what ordering would have been like if bots didn't jam the websites. They create the scenario in which they thrive.The consoles are already $500, I really don't see an entertainment device like this holding up at over $300 on top of that. Sure we have people stuck at home, but we also have alot of economic uncertainty, and very very few of the next gen games are exclusive to the next gen. And really, there is no good that can come from trying to convince people of scarcity, unless you are selling, of course.

I remember last gen there was this long thread from a guy talking about "moving units" that posted frequently trying to convince people that the consoles were rarer than they actually were at the time. Sure you couldn't stroll in a store any old time and get one that first holiday season, but you could find one with a bit of effort.
Well, we can say that bots were less a factor for PS5 due to the complete chaos of them going up randomly. I’m just pointing to facts so far, not trying to convince anyone here but perhaps temper expectations given what we’ve seen. Based on that, it’s my opinion that these will hold value for quite a while.

Adding to the supply/demand conversation, remember that Sony paid for air freight just to get consoles to the US for launch. Even if units continue to come available from manufacturing overseas, I feel like that stock will go back to regular ship transit, which takes considerably longer. The demand for PS5 will remain consistent or go up the closer we get to Christmas and into next year.

we'll see.  I believe alot of these were bought to flip because people need to make any sort of money in this dire economy.  At the same time 500dollar video game console isn't a priority for most people.  Besides, arguably the biggest launch title Cold war looks and plays almost exactly like the ps4 version unless you have the newer hdmi 2.1 tvs. 

Adding to the supply/demand conversation, remember that Sony paid for air freight just to get consoles to the US for launch. Even if units continue to come available from manufacturing overseas, I feel like that stock will go back to regular ship transit, which takes considerably longer. The demand for PS5 will remain consistent or go up the closer we get to Christmas and into next year.
IIRC they booked flights for October into November, not really sure when those flights will last up until but I imagine a bulk of them were just to meet initial allocations as they hurried to launch last minute. The rest were being sent by sea as you said, so it's likely they will continue to trickle out over the holiday season. I would not count on major restocks.

we'll see. I believe alot of these were bought to flip because people need to make any sort of money in this dire economy. At the same time 500dollar video game console isn't a priority for most people. Besides, arguably the biggest launch title Cold war looks and plays almost exactly like the ps4 version unless you have the newer hdmi 2.1 tvs.
Video games sales has been booming during the pandemic and lockdown. Which shows people are willing to spend for entertainment. Most people are not traveling, going to the bars, or movies so that is extra income that can be spent towards entertainment.

It’s insane to me there was only one small wave of preorder availability after the initial surge and that’s it. What’s my best option for getting one now? Just wait and hope some online outlet gets a ton?

Video games sales has been booming during the pandemic and lockdown. Which shows people are willing to spend for entertainment. Most people are not traveling, going to the bars, or movies so that is extra income that can be spent towards entertainment.
cheap microtransactions yeh, activision made a killing with battlepass which is 10bux. We're talking a 500dollar console here.

It’s insane to me there was only one small wave of preorder availability after the initial surge and that’s it. What’s my best option for getting one now? Just wait and hope some online outlet gets a ton?
Best buy's black Friday ad mentions limited availability of the PS5 online only. So I would check on launch day and black friday. Those are your best options at this point.

Did Anyone who ordered a PS5 from Amazon get an exact date of when your item would ship? Cause I checked my order and it says still pending 

cheap microtransactions yeh, activision made a killing with battlepass which is 10bux. We're talking a 500dollar console here.
Have you seen the Nintendo Switch or even peloton and excerise equipment number? $500 is nothing compared to some of those excerise equipments that saw a dramatic increase in sales nnumbers. There will be a consumer demand even at $500.

You are not going to be able to casually walk into a store and get either of these consoles anytime you want this year.

I just sold my 2 year old 500 Million Pro on ebay for $504 plus $30 shipping.

I think some are underestimating the demand for next gen consoles. Not to mention games like Demon Souls, Miles and the fact that it plays PS4 games. People also have the old consoles to sell towards the new ones. I sold My Gears 5 X for $240 and got $450 or so after fees for my PS4 Pro.

Buy from someone is probably your best bet at launch. Or camp outside of a store for a couple of days. No online outlet is getting a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some are underestimating the demand for next gen consoles. Not to mention games like Demon Souls, Miles and the fact that it plays PS4 games. People also have the old consoles to sell towards the new ones. I sold My Gears 5 X for $240 and got $450 or so after fees for my PS4 Pro.
Would have kept that pro. That’s about as rare as my 20th anniversary ps4. People love rare console collecting.

Well, we can say that bots were less a factor for PS5 due to the complete chaos of them going up randomly. I’m just pointing to facts so far, not trying to convince anyone here but perhaps temper expectations given what we’ve seen. Based on that, it’s my opinion that these will hold value for quite a while.
I would argue they were MORE of a factor for the PS5 as they were set up and running, it caught the average people by surprise. It doesn't take much to get a bot set up to scan and jump the second it goes live. People, on the other hand, were very surprised and had to scramble as they weren't prepared to be at their PC, ready to purchase.

The launch lineup isn’t even a factor for some people next-gen either. I have no launch titles preordered and don’t have plans to, but the bump in load times, frame rate, and resolution are no-brainer upgrades. Destiny 2 is my most-played game, so having the faster load times, FPS, and FOV should be a huge improvement.

The demand will be strong for PS5 and Xbox.

we'll see. I believe alot of these were bought to flip because people need to make any sort of money in this dire economy. At the same time 500dollar video game console isn't a priority for most people. Besides, arguably the biggest launch title Cold war looks and plays almost exactly like the ps4 version unless you have the newer hdmi 2.1 tvs.
The economy is not that bad. A lot of unemployment is coming from restaurant works and gig workers. Yes, I know some aspects of manufacturing is down.

Most people that had a job before spring still have the same job. It really wasn’t as bad as 2008.

I have both systems pre-ordered (and that’s if they don’t get cancelled), but I’m waiting before I upgrade to a new TV before I buy any games or even set the systems up. Probably going to go with that LG Nano 90 since it has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports. Apparently the contrast / black levels aren’t great according to the reviews, but honestly there aren’t a lot of options on the market right now.

Probably doesn’t make a whole lot of sense (buying consoles and then not immediately hooking them up) but I figure acquiring the systems will be the hardest part right now. Hopefully I’ll have a new TV within a month or so.

The resolve will hold steadfast. The PlayStation 4 still has quite a bit of life left, and I have a backlog mountain, like a majority of us do, that needs to be slowly shortened down. In my opinion and in the best fortune telling I can do, we should see some sense of normalcy in regards to stocks by April/May. As others have pointed out, a $500 console is not a top priority for me, in a climate where gaming time is limited for me, I am definitely willing to wait it out. I think others are willing to.

I agree with alot of posts here about bots, taking up a majority of the pre-orders for resale. I see alot posting on Facebook about pre-ordering multiple PS5s, just to try and flip them or gift them to their loved ones. Many are pre-ordering multiples.

The economy is not that bad. A lot of unemployment is coming from restaurant works and gig workers. Yes, I know some aspects of manufacturing is down.

Most people that had a job before spring still have the same job. It really wasn’t as bad as 2008.
Obviously depends on what field you were in. If you worked in a theme park or as a wedding planner or something, you're pretty fucked. Typical white collar? Probably doing better than before just from not spending as much.

I have both systems pre-ordered (and that’s if they don’t get cancelled), but I’m waiting before I upgrade to a new TV before I buy any games or even set the systems up. Probably going to go with that LG Nano 90 since it has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports. Apparently the contrast / black levels aren’t great according to the reviews, but honestly there aren’t a lot of options on the market right now.

Probably doesn’t make a whole lot of sense (buying consoles and then not immediately hooking them up) but I figure acquiring the systems will be the hardest part right now. Hopefully I’ll have a new TV within a month or so.
If you can wait until Superbowl week, you will probably find the best HDTV prices/units during that period.

Would have kept that pro. That’s about as rare as my 20th anniversary ps4. People love rare console collecting.
I thought about it but my game room is running out of space and didn't want to give it to my son because he's rough with stuff. I have my PS5 and Series X paid off so the money from the 2 last gen consoles is going towards the Sony 85" TV I plan on getting.

I thought about it but my game room is running out of space and didn't want to give it to my son because he's rough with stuff. I have my PS5 and Series X paid off so the money from the 2 last gen consoles is going towards the Sony 85" TV I plan on getting.
Nice. I’m looking at 75-80+ inch TVs myself. That still would have been a cool collectable. Rather have one of those pros over my 20th anniversary ps4.

I had a rough time tracking down my 500 Million Edition Pro. I'm working on upgrading my PlayStation wall :)

[attachment=34852:pS4Wall.JPG]

I had a rough time tracking down my 500 Million Edition Pro. I'm working on upgrading my PlayStation wall :)
PS4Wall.JPG
Damn that’s a collection. Just have the 20th anniversary ps4. I had to get one as I grew up playing ps1-ps4. Mine is sealed and came with that random extra camera stand some people got.

attachicon.gif
PS4Wall.JPG
You need the last of us part II pro as that's probably the last special edition that will be released. I have the 20th and 500 million as well.

I could’ve gotten the 500 million used for 430 but my cheap ass offered 330 and it got sold to someone else lol. Don’t need it but it would be nice to have. I’ve spent a lot of money and am waiting for my ps5 so it’s whatever

I could’ve gotten the 500 million used for 430 but my cheap ass offered 330 and it got sold to someone else lol. Don’t need it but it would be nice to have. I’ve spent a lot of money and am waiting for my ps5 so it’s whatever
That’s nothing. I was trying to buy hunter s Thompson’s autograph and I offered 350 on a $450 listing. The guy declined my offers and the sold it for like $355 a few weeks later. Pretty dumb to hold out on 5 bucks. I for sure would have come up 5 bucks.

I never have a problem getting rid of old consoles once I no longer have a need for them but I am going to have trouble making myself get rid of my Taken King PS4.   It is one of the only limited edition PS consoles that I have ever liked.  

Anyone else’s miles morales glitch order from Walmart get cancelled?
Mine’s still in the preparing order phase. I took the loss and paid for shipping rather than adding something to get free shipping, no idea if that would impact whether or not it gets canceled. Console is still preparing too, so who knows.

Mine’s still in the preparing order phase. I took the loss and paid for shipping rather than adding something to get free shipping, no idea if that would impact whether or not it gets canceled. Console is still preparing too, so who knows.
Hm I paid for shipping too. I placed two separate orders tho

Oh I just checked apparently only one was cancelled. Other is preparing

bread's done
Back