Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

huh.. had to take my dog potty and looks like I missed the window where lots of people got in.. having such bad luck

*EDITS* NEVERMIND! GOT IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
8:28 PM: Best buy email comes in telling me to pre-order the PS5

10 PM: I read the aforementioned email and happily click the link and proceed to the point of clicking CHECKOUT on my phone. Nothing happens despite multiple attempts. I figure maybe my computer will be more successful. I open up my laptop and navigate to the same step. I end up clicking the same button for an hour. I make it to the CONFIRM PAYMENT button boss level but unfortunately I never progress. Best buy in its infinite wisdom clears out my cart since I have taken so long to finalize my order. They do this for the safety of my account it seems.

11 PM: I notice the Amazon link posted in this thread and am one of the lucky few to click it in time to secure a PS5 Disc version. I retweet the Wario64 link to help others in my situation. 

12 AM-3AM: I get nervous because I usually prefer to pickup in store instead of relying on shipping. I see Best Buy is allowing more pre-orders. I go through the same steps as I had 2 hours earlier. I finally end up successfully ordering my PS5 on BB at 2:16 AM. I did use PayPal on Best Buy once I passed the Confirm Payment level. The final step of placing the order took awhile but not nearly as long as the confirm payment step.

My advice to fellow CAGs is to keep trying on Best Buy. It will eventually work!

Stay strong fellow CAGs!

I’m confused, it does processing and then it lets me click on order details but then there’s an option to go back to cart. I’m not getting a confirmation email so it’s not going through quite yet correct?

This is for Best Buy btw

... I wonder if we're all suddenly getting in because it's 12:00 AM PST.. ow.. could've save a lot of time!

Congrats to everyone who got one and now we get to rest easy knowing we got one, And keep pushing forward to everyone still needing one 

Wow bb finally worked. 2am! I spent since 8pm trying everywhere; but bb since about 9-10pm. That was insane 4hr preorder.

PayPal is the way. Was failing every time the visa validation came up. Switched to Pay Pal, checked out in 30 seconds. 

Was able to confirm PS5s from GameStop, Target, and Best Buy. All physical. Tip for bestbuy is to use browser on your phone - it finally went through after a 1-2 tries on phone versus an hour on iPad/computer. Before being deemed a scalper, I’m getting 2 extra for my not so tech savvy family members who would’ve prob paid double the price on eBay

I got a message saying that Best Buy was down and I got kicked back to my cart. I was about to give up but I thought...no, fuck IT. This is the time! I was able to quickly get back into the final section and I was feeling good. Sure enough within a minute of spamming "place order" I got one. Jesus. I don't even really want one of these things. But I got one.

Goddamn that wasnt easy. Sat here for the past 2 hours clicking on the enter button while watching Furious 7 on tv but finally got through.

I got one on Amazon soon after it got posted by Wario64. People in the comments on the PS5 product page are pissed about how it went down.

"Very disappointed in Amazon. Some clown found a backdoor link before the ps5 page was even ready to go live and they sold out before ppl who searched the normal way had a chance. Unfair, Amazon!"

Nice, I got Best Buy to go through so I have an order at Best Buy and GameStop now. I have confidence that at least one of them won’t be cancelled. Best Buy is for in store pickup and GameStop is shipping.

Anybody have any guesses on what kind of luck i would have switching from shipping to store pickup , bein i got and order placed with bestbuy for shipping is it not a problem to get that swapped to store pickup without losing it ,anyone with experience with making this change during a high profile launce like this ??

Ugh just got my confirmation email and text and 2 minutes later another email and text of “We can’t process payment for...”. Dang.

Very happy to say that after hours of pressing that button on the order screen I have finally completed an order with Best Buy for the disc based PlayStation 5.  I have received the confirmation email and have the order now showing up in my history, I cant wait to play Miles Morales Spider-Man and Demon Souls!!!!  The issue on my most recent attempts was the Visa authenticator as well, as soon as I switched over to an American Express card it worked on my first try.  

Ugh just got my confirmation email and text and 2 minutes later another email and text of “We can’t process payment for...”. Dang.
You "should" be able to enter another card in. When I've had that issue in the past, they gave me a few days to correct it.

Good thing I went on twitter before I went sleep. Thought I was going to be stuck with the xbox for the holidays.

You "should" be able to enter another card in. When I've had that issue in the past, they gave me a few days to correct it.
It’s weird because that card seems to have taken now. It’s showing the withdrawal amount on my bank app now and the site said the card was now processed and approved. Maybe it’s just another small glitch with all the other crap we’ve gone through lol?

I feel like Best Buy made this hunger games type of situation so only the real fans who stayed up actually got one. Survival of the fittest (aka who presses “place your order” the longest)

So.. people on reddit and the amazon PS5 console page are claiming that orders are getting cancelled.. o.o; anyone have their amazon order cancelled?

I don’t mean to make the topic go crazy off course but that Miles Morales Ultimate Edition with the first game; is the first game enhanced then on the PS5? I’m just wondering if it’s worth it or if I’ll get the benefits anyways if I keep my PS4 copy and put it in the PS5?

Not sure how much has been said on upgrades/bc.

I got one at Best Buy after a long night of clicking. Why was this so difficult, I didn't go through this headache with neither the PS4 or Switch. Glad it's over and I don't have to think about this anymore.

I don’t mean to make the topic go crazy off course but that Miles Morales Ultimate Edition with the first game; is the first game enhanced then on the PS5? I’m just wondering if it’s worth it or if I’ll get the benefits anyways if I keep my PS4 copy and put it in the PS5?

Not sure how much has been said on upgrades/bc.
o.o; Uhm.. I think they improved some models.. made larger crowds.. new skins, new trophies.. so there's changes..

3D audio, haptic feedback.. other stuff I probably don't remember..

I got one preordered, not even sure if I want it at launch. Just in case. After seeing game and accessory prices makes XSX look more attractive game pass and using x1 accessories wise. If only they had better exclusives. 

o.o; Uhm.. I think they improved some models.. made larger crowds.. new skins, new trophies.. so there's changes..
Do we get those upgrades if we put the PS4 disc in the PS5 or is this version that comes with the Miles Morals Ultimate a more enhanced version?

3D audio, haptic feedback.. other stuff I probably don't remember.. but they also made it sound like you can get a free upgrade if you have the PS4 version..
The nice thing is that the PS5 can replace the PS4 altogether pretty much. I think I can just plug in my 4 TB external HD that already has the games installed and pop in the PS4 disc and I can continue where I left off. Maybe I could transfer the game I am actively playing to the SSD and delete when done too.

It's nice that us SONY people can finally enjoy backwards compatibility.

Man, it's been awhile since I've been on this site, nothing like the craziness of a new console launch to bring me back! Was glad to get an order in for each version on Amazon when it went up. 

Good luck to everyone trying! 

The nice thing is that the PS5 can replace the PS4 altogether pretty much. I think I can just plug in my 4 TB external HD that already has the games installed and pop in the PS4 disc and I can continue where I left off. Maybe I could transfer the game I am actively playing to the SSD and delete when done too.

It's nice that us SONY people can finally enjoy backwards compatibility.
I don’t think it’s gonna work as easily as you think lol but at least they’re trying this gen

Seems to be sold out everywhere from what I see.

I got one at Walmart and target. I hope one holds.
I did get a launch ps4 from target just fine tho.

bread's done
Back