Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

FYI, just got an email from Amazon letting me know there's a chance my ps5 might not make it on release day due to high demand.
This does not bode well for inventory. Yes could just be Amazon covering their butt, however this email coming just days after preorders were taken and almost 2 months prior to launch makes me think they are worried they don't even have enough allocated to cover the initial preorder. If they are worried about how many units Sony has promised, don't expect any additional preorders to open up from Amazon, at least for now. And if Amazon is worried you can bet they are going to put pressure on Sony to commit future stock to them, meaning less for other retailers, which means less future preorders from BB, Target, etc. I also suspect it will push people to try to secure multiple preorders just in case.

Was going to ask why Zantra, after finding out the tweet was fake, left it up in at least two threads.

But then got an error, and see Cheapy and Casey in the thread.

Pre-ordered through PSN once I saw they wouldn't charge until November (after a short temporary hold). Gives me time to decide, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, they have them already. Otherwise they wouldn't know how many they can sell. They just have to sit on them until the actual release date. I worked in retail and we were getting our Black Friday products in August, and our Christmas stuff in September.
Clearly you didn't work a console launch because I assure you none of them will be getting these until days before launch, a week at best. What they do get is an allocation from the manufacturer that they can then pre-order against. This is how Sony shortchanged everyone on the PS2 launch but cutting expected units in half and we had to contact our customers letting them know that it would be first come first serve on launch day. That's how this actually works.

It looked like a graphical copy / paste error and it was never coming to PC. There was other typos in that text but people only say that it said coming to PC as well.

Sony didn't lie, errors in presentations happens all the time. This isn't that big of an error.
That is, until it comes out on PC. How quickly people forget how they lied about Death Stranding. . .

IDC TBH, I'm fine with playing it first and not waiting a year if it does come to PC.

Not sure if we can take that Amazon email as confirmation but it certainly sounds like delivery of these will be coming down to the wire. Those flights Sony booked for air drop I figured would be mainly for post-launch, but nope.

Just bit the bullet and placed an order on AntOnline for the Miles Morales/Demon Souls bundle.  Not sure how fast they ship them out after they receive them but as long as I get it within a week or two, I'll be happy.

Just bit the bullet and placed an order on AntOnline for the Miles Morales/Demon Souls bundle. Not sure how fast they ship them out after they receive them but as long as I get it within a week or two, I'll be happy.
How reliable are they? I never heard of them before so I googled the site and saw a lot of bad reviews and complaints about their service.

How reliable are they? I never heard of them before so I googled the site and saw a lot of bad reviews and complaints about their service.
i was a little skeptical at first, but I saw on some forums of people who have only had good experiences. I used AmazonPay so if there's an issue i can always just open a claim.

Target.com: I got the PS5 disc version into my cart a few minutes and checked out and then got a no longer available notice.

No way they will be able to fulfill all these orders on launch and are they charging you right now?
After some consideration, I went ahead and pre-ordered the big PS5 bundle with Antonline. Mostly based on their ebay seller reviews and some prior forum threads saying they were reputable for console purchases:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/antonline?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/8f8ieu/is_it_safe_to_get_an_xbox_from_antonline/

Also there was no tax, just $10 shipping.

I checked my credit card account and they DID charge me already.

I used AmazonPay and a Chase credit card so I can dispute and charge back if needed.

Did I screw up?

Couldn’t place the order earlier on the ps event on my pc at noon. They emailed me at 6:30 reminding me to order. So I logged on my phone this time got right in and was able to order under 3 minutes. I have 5 total now ordered for me and all of my family

After some consideration, I went ahead and pre-ordered the big PS5 bundle with Antonline. Mostly based on their ebay seller reviews and some prior forum threads saying they were reputable for console purchases:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/8f8ieu/is_it_safe_to_get_an_xbox_from_antonline/

I used AmazonPay and a Chase credit card so I can dispute and charge back if needed.

Did I screw up?
There safe to purchase from. I bought a xbox one from them a few years back. The only concern is if they can fulfill them in a timely manner and that they charged up front which sucks. The no tax is nice bonus though.

After some consideration, I went ahead and pre-ordered the big PS5 bundle with Antonline.

Did I screw up?
They're a fairly legit seller. Ive had no problems over around 10 total purchases over the years, including 1 console. I believe theyre banned on slickdeals but that's probably some kind of politics like refusing sd the kickbacks they want.

My concern would be more toward the bundled msrp total.. but if it's worth it to you then i wouldn't be too worried about it.

No way they will be able to fulfill all these orders on launch and are they charging you right now?
They sold out earlier and there site was hit hard, I tryed to order then and they ran out. But I kept checking back because I figured they might come back in stock from orders being declined or canceled due to payment issues. Glade I kept checking, the site was running great when I snagged it after everyone thought it was sold out. lol They did take it out of bank already, or atleast its says pending on my bank site.

They're a fairly legit seller. Ive had no problems over around 10 total purchases over the years, including 1 console. I believe theyre banned on slickdeals but that's probably some kind of politics like refusing sd the kickbacks they want.

My concern would be more toward the bundled msrp total.. but if it's worth it to you then i wouldn't be too worried about it.
The bundle price is the same as if you bought the items separately. I wouldnt of bought it if it was more. I was gonna get the 2 games anyways, had them ordered on amazon already even lol The controller is the only thing I didnt need but meh ill need it one day I guess.

Did I screw up?
Nope. I ended up ordering their big bundle too since it had exactly everything I wanted, there was no tax, and I was able to buy with PayPal credit so I'll just slowly pay the whole thing down over 6 months. I've ordered from them before and had no issues. Plus, I accidentally ordered two of the bundles (don't ask) and they were very quick to honor my request to cancel one of them.

Incidentally, it looks like someone here might have ordered the bundle that I canceled.

You're welcome!

Nope. I ended up ordering their big bundle too since it had exactly everything I wanted, there was no tax, and I was able to buy with PayPal credit so I'll just slowly pay the whole thing down over 6 months. I've ordered from them before and had no issues. Plus, I accidentally ordered two of the bundles (don't ask) and they were very quick to honor my request to cancel one of them.

Incidentally, it looks like someone here might have ordered the bundle that I canceled.

You're welcome!
Wait, didn't you cancel one order already from a different retailer? Why order again?

Wait, didn't you cancel one order already from a different retailer? Why order again?
I've canceled several orders (Walmart and Target). The Antonline order is now my main order because of all the extras. I'm keeping my Best Buy order as a backup and I have a friend who will buy it if both orders go through. I'm now officially retired from the pre-order game.

If you do the math, isn't that Ant Online bundle $10 more than it should be? $500 console, $70 controller, $60 game, and $70 game should be $700, but they are charging $710.

You're welcome!
Why are you forcing me to say thank you? I have a hard time exposing my emotions and vulnerability......but thank you;)

Is the Antonline a reliable site? I have seen bad reviews but it seems mostly with people upset about returns. I have never heard of them up until now.  I was able to order the 710 dollar bundle. Its more than I wanted to spend up front but I do want all of the things in the bundle plus I can use paypal credit to pay no interest for 6 months.

bread's done
Back