Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Anyone who thought people who pre ordered on Antonline was being scammed. Its an official retailer for the xbox series x so im sure its a solid site to get a ps5 as well. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/where-to-buy
Yes I was honestly a little surprised by the outrage over this website. I bought a PS Vita from the a few years ago and everything went perfectly smoothly. I've just heard that returns are difficult but never had any problems myself.

So just quickly looking at PS Now, it looks decent at first glance.
800+ games, $5 a month or $60 per year.

You can store PS4/PS2 games on the console, which guess works like PS+ games.
I think you can't store PS3 games, only stream.
Have heard it's hardware/software issue with ps4, maybe ps5 will allow it?

If they could bundle with PS+ at like $80 per year, would you consider it?
the PS4 can’t emulate PS3 due to how complicated the cell processor was. For now it isn’t coming to PS5 either tho maybe it is powerful enuff. That’s why you can only stream ps3

For those saying that Sony needs to look at their strategy, I would remind everyone of overall market share. I like what Microsoft is doing ... but let’s not pretend they’re the dominant player in 2020. They have more weight to throw around as a company, but charts like the one below show that Sony and Nintendo aren’t exactly dying with their current strategies.

Top-Three-Game-Console-Players-Sales-Forecast-in-million-units.png
Sony's strategy is exclusivity to sell hardware, which is not a sustainable model now that the landscape is changing. Whether they hold that pole position for hardware sold or not, they will be smashed by subscription numbers where real money is made. PS+ was always a terrible value proposition, one I've loathed since PS4 first hit shelves and was mandatory for online play. On the flip side, I never paid for Xbox Live until Game Pass came around. Now I'm GPU and will likely be a lifetime subscriber. I would definitely not say the same of PS+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony's strategy is exclusivity to sell hardware, which is not a sustainable model now that the landscape is changing.
I don't see that as their strategy. Why do you say that? They may not have gamepass, but software should still be where the money is made. (And now microtransactions of course.)

Sony's strategy is exclusivity to sell hardware, which is not a sustainable model now that the landscape is changing. Whether they hold that pole position for hardware sold or not, they will be smashed by subscription numbers where real money is made. PS+ was always a terrible value proposition, one I've loathed since PS4 first hit shelves and was mandatory for online play. On the flip side, I never paid for Xbox Live until Game Pass came around. Now I'm GPU and will likely be a lifetime subscriber. I would definitely not say the same of PS+.
PS+ was the same exact thing Gold was. So if PS+ was “trash” then Gold was for all these years as well, you can’t just pick and choose.

Get your blatant fanboy a** out of this topic if that’s all you’re going to do. This is about preordering systems, your console war initiating posts (and Bryson’s) are straight trash.

Get the topic back on well...the topic.

I don't see that as their strategy. Why do you say that? They may not have gamepass, but software should still be where the money is made. (And now microtransactions of course.)
By selling the hardware, you have a greater share of the software sales which exclusivity has pushed. That has worked for them so far but now games are moving towards a subscription model which will soften those sales. Essentially, they're becoming another island like Nintendo, where only their own exclusives matter BUT they don't have unique hardware to offer as a fallback like the Switch. That will erode their market share over time if they don't change.

I am thinking the games like Fallout and Skyrim will be timed exclusive but will eventually be on the PS5 as well, just not on day one.
My guess is they won't announce it's coming to PS5 until like a year later when oh hey look it's coming to PS5 like next week or something because Microsoft now has this weird habit of like shadow dropping games to other platforms then it's like oh hey remember this game? Yeah now it's here.

PS+ was the same exact thing Gold was. So if PS+ was “trash” then Gold was for all these years as well, you can’t just pick and choose.

Get your blatant fanboy a** out of this topic if that’s all you’re going to do. This is about preordering systems, your console war initiating posts (and Bryson’s) are straight trash.

Get the topic back on well...the topic.
You clearly missed the part where I didn't own Live until Game Pass. It was the same terrible value PS+ was (and is) and Sony got the bad idea from MS, which I called out back then too.

You clearly missed the part where I didn't own Live until Game Pass. It was the same terrible value PS+ was and Sony got the bad idea from MS, which I called out back then too.
Who cares? What does any of your post has to do with preorders or looking forward to the system. You’re trying to start **** with people.

If your life is that miserable go find somewhere else to be miserable.

You have to admit that Sony is already pivoting, if not a bit too slowly to fully compete with GPU. The whole PS4 collection thing that anyone with PS+ gets free access to on PS5 is clearly their rushed answer to GPU. If they’re smart, they’ll find a way to convince current PS+ subscribers to pay a bit more and combine PS+ with PSNow and the collection thing, especially if more PS2 and PS3 titles show up with the combined service as the only access point to play them.

PS+ Unlimited

You have to admit that Sony is already pivoting, if not a bit too slowly to fully compete with GPU. The whole PS4 collection thing that anyone with PS+ gets free access to on PS5 is clearly their rushed answer to GPU. If they’re smart, they’ll find a way to convince current PS+ subscribers to pay a bit more and combine PS+ with PSNow and the collection thing, especially if more PS2 and PS3 titles show up with the combined service as the only access point to play them.

PS+ Unlimited
Not disputing that, but the ultimate reality is they can't compete in this space if this becomes a race to acquire studios for their established games, which it's starting to look like. It's already bonkers to think how two of Sony's next exclusives are owned by MS. Game Pass on PS5 would equally be a trip. . .one where I think everyone would win.

Not disputing that, but the ultimate reality is they can't compete in this space if this becomes a race to acquire studios for their established games, which it's starting to look like. It's already bonkers to think how two of Sony's next exclusives are owned by MS. Game Pass on PS5 would equally be a trip. . .one where I think everyone would win.
I don’t see Sony ever allowing that sort of flexibility. I could see some form of Game Pass on a future Nintendo system before Sony ever allowed it in their ecosystem. Remember that Sony held back cross-platform play for almost an entire console generation because their ecosystem is locked down. Also, ironically not an issue now, but remember how Skyrim and Fallout 4 didn’t ever get mods on the PS4.

Sony will go out of business before they bring a competitors streaming platform onto their consoles imo.

I don’t see Sony ever allowing that sort of flexibility. I could see some form of Game Pass on a future Nintendo system before Sony ever allowed it in their ecosystem. Remember that Sony held back cross-platform play for almost an entire console generation because their ecosystem is locked down. Also, ironically not an issue now, but remember how Skyrim and Fallout 4 didn’t ever get mods on the PS4.

Sony will go out of business before they bring a competitors streaming platform onto their consoles imo.
Being fair MS did that first from what I recall with cross-platform. I hope they can finally work together because I really don't see a downside here.

Remember that Sony held back cross-platform play for almost an entire console generation because their ecosystem is locked down.
Where is this rumor from? Sony did not hold back cross-play first, Microsoft did. Sony initially was very open to the idea and only backed off when Microsoft saw no need for it. When Microsoft did see it as a positive, Sony pushed back as it wasn't beneficial for them to do so.

Remember, Sony and Square initially started cross play with Final Fantasy XI that was cross play on PC, PS2 and 360. Years later Microsoft wasn't for cross play even with Final Fantasy XIV and they were the reason why it wasn't a feature. https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv/cross-play

Where is this rumor from? Sony did not hold back cross-play first, Microsoft was. Sony initially was very open to the idea and only backed off when Microsoft saw no need for it. When Microsoft did see it as a positive, Sony pushed back as it wasn't beneficial for them to do so.

Remember, Sony and Square initially started cross play with Final Fantasy XI that was cross play on PC, PS2 and 360. Years later Microsoft wasn't for cross play even with Final Fantasy XIV and they were the reason why it wasn't a feature. https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv/cross-play
They flip-flopped is what happened.

They flip-flopped is what happened.
Correct, and they still fully supported it for many years with Microsoft stopping it between their consoles. Eventually, Sony and other devs are going to stop asking and just not support it. This what we have now because of it unfortunately.

Where is this rumor from? Sony did not hold back cross-play first, Microsoft did. Sony initially was very open to the idea and only backed off when Microsoft saw no need for it. When Microsoft did see it as a positive, Sony pushed back as it wasn't beneficial for them to do so.

https://www.vgr.com/elder-scrolls-legends-ps4-cross-play/#:~:text=Sony%20is%20currently%2C%20and%20has%20been%20historically%2C%20against,Sony%20refused%20to%20allow%20it%20on%20their%20platform.

"Sony is currently, and has been historically, against the notion of cross-play. They have refused to enable cross-play on numerous occasions. Just last month, Bethesda director Todd Howard stated that he had wanted to include cross-play in Fallout 76. However, he was unable to get it because Sony refused to allow it on their platform.

Among their various reasons, Sony has one obvious and strong incentive to oppose cross-play; gamers tend to consider what platforms their friends have when they buy their own consoles. As the best-selling console on the current market, gamers are more likely to know people with PlayStation 4s than they are other consoles. As such, they become more likely to buy one themselves. If Sony allows cross-play, it no longer matters which consoles gamers have, and the company loses that advantage. However, that market advantage has to be balanced against fan support for cross-play, and that support is growing more and more vocal."

Ignoring that you linked an opinion piece with some actual information sprinkled in.

Yes, for the last few years Sony has been against it with Xbox (they are very open to it for PC) as they no longer see a need for it. It is still a lie that Sony was at first against it, they weren't until the PS4 as your quote stated and even than, the PS4 has the most cross platform games, more than Xbox. During the PS2 and PS3 they were all for it and allowed it on several titles (Final Fantasy XI PS2, Need for Speed Underground PS2, Phantasy Star Universe PS2, etc.). Many devs requested from Microsoft to allow it and they simply did not want it with Sony.

You can check the list of games, the 360 had 4 cross platform games being Terrarria (Xbox One and 360), Shadownrun (360 / PC), Universe at War (360 / PC) and Uno (360 / PC). The PS3 at the same time has 50 cross platform games.

And though Sony wasn't for it for Fallout 76, let's not ignore that the PS4 and Xbox One currently share almost 30 cross platform games between the two consoles including Call of Duty, No Man's Sky and PUBG.

Actually if you look at the list of all current cross platform games, Sony is the most supported console along with PC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_that_support_cross-platform_play

Let's stop spreading lies that Sony is against cross platform or was at first, they have always supported it. What they stopped doing is requesting Microsoft to support it. Now that Microsoft and devs on the Xbox One see it as a good thing, they want Sony to open their doors as they tried to do for over a decade. Sony is clearly not catering to them after trying to open up for this long.

They flip flopped ... but both companies are guilty of avoiding cross play at one time or another - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-15-stubbornness-over-cross-play-reminds-us-of-bad-old-sony

In more relevant PS5 deal news -

Amazon currently has a few promos running that stack and will save you roughly $15 on a PS5 game preorder, they are:

1) Deposit at least $30 worth of coins at Coinstar and redeem for an Amazon GC to receive a $5 off promo for use on your next order.

2) If you aren't a Prime subscriber, use the 30 day trial and get $5 off after your first Prime order.

3) Buy a $50 Amazon GC to send via text message and get $5 for yourself (Pro tip, send it to yourself and get $55 for $50). Check Slick Deals for a code you have to enter (I believe you enter SMS2020 at checkout, but read the thread to confirm)

With these 3 promotions I was able to get a preorder of Demon's Souls for $59.99 w/ tax. I didn't expect them to stack but they did.

They flip flopped ... but both companies are guilty of avoiding cross play at one time or another - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-15-stubbornness-over-cross-play-reminds-us-of-bad-old-sony
I never denied that. My only gripe is people saying Sony wasn't for cross plat first, they were and still are. They also are the most supported for it among any console. What they aren't open to is working with Microsoft to bolster them up now that they need it instead of when Sony, for over a decade, worked for devs to achieve originally.

Did anyone pre-order PS5 controllers on Walmart? I did and got a pre-order price match protection email saying they lowered the price to $21.91. Curious to know what happened.

Dam I canceled my preorder after i got a bundle with extra controller... lame

Did anyone pre-order PS5 controllers on Walmart? I did and got a pre-order price match protection email saying they lowered the price to $21.91. Curious to know what happened.

Zantra logged into his main account to spread misinformation on cross play today. Lol!

So what all did you guys preorder with your console? I picked up All 4 Sony Studios games, an extra controller & the Pulse headset. Will probably pickup Godfall too once it hits Amazon.

Did they lower it TO 21.91 or BY 21.91? I'm seeing people saying that they had their controllers lower to like 48 bucks or so.

Zantra logged into his main account to spread misinformation on cross play today. Lol!

So what all did you guys preorder with your console? I picked up All 4 Sony Studios games, an extra controller & the Pulse headset. Will probably pickup Godfall too once it hits Amazon.
Sony has a long track record of shitting on cross console play ... shame they don’t have a troll discount on those Sony titles huh.

They lowered it to $21.91. Here is a screenshot.

https://ibb.co/zZT2RKh
Cool. I can find at least 2 different tweets from people (screenshots included) who had their controllers adjusted to 48.05...which is exactly 21.91 less that the original price. And a few others who just it was "20 bucks". I'm sure what happened is that you got the benefit of them mistakenly reducing it to the price they were supposed to discount it to. I found one other guy who got the same adjustment you did.

I remember Best Buy used to make this mistake all the time when their sales went live around the holidays.

I have Demon’s Souls and Miles Morales ultimate already paid off. I’m curious about AC Valhalla and put $5 on a preorder for it, but everyone is bashing it lol. I didn’t play that much but I actually enjoyed Origins and Odyssey so I don’t know if Valhalla regressed from those or what so I’ll probably wait for feedback on that one.

Sony has a long track record of shitting on cross console play ... shame they don’t have a troll discount on those Sony titles huh.
just because you keep saying this doesnt make it true. sony wanted cross play in the ps3 days, when they were trailing the 360, and microsoft refused. They used the breach playstation experienced and security concerns as an excuse, but the fact is cross play doesnt benefit the market leader. Also as has been previously mentioned cross play was done in the ps2 days.

think I'm going to cancel my walmart pre-order and keep my one from sony , so someone else can maybe snag one

I sure don't need 2  :joystick:

I did what now? You can read my post history, I didn't do any of that today. I was just bitching about not getting an Xbox Series X pre-order, and I posted some Target deals, and a deal at TJMAXX. Damn, if you're going to ride my dick all of the time, at least be accurate about what I do on this website.

I have Demon’s Souls and Miles Morales ultimate already paid off. I’m curious about AC Valhalla and put $5 on a preorder for it, but everyone is bashing it lol. I didn’t play that much but I actually enjoyed Origins and Odyssey so I don’t know if Valhalla regressed from those or what so I’ll probably wait for feedback on that one.
Ah cool! I never really played an AC game. I've heard the last couple were good though. I am interested in how Valhalla turns out too. Hopefully Sony shows more off on Destruction All Stars. The trailer was cool, but the full content reveal will determine if I keep or cancel my preorder.

Ah cool! I never really played an AC game. I've heard the last couple were good though. I am interested in how Valhalla turns out too. Hopefully Sony shows more off on Destruction All Stars. The trailer was cool, but the full content reveal will determine if I keep or cancel my preorder.
Destruction All Stars looked fun, not $70 fun, but $30 or less on sale fun.

Destruction All Stars looked fun, not $70 fun, but $30 or less on sale fun.
That's fair. The cag in me is always pushing back on console launches (MSRP). If Destruction All Stars ends up feature rich and exciting I don't mind dropping $70 and supporting a new IP on day one.

That's fair. The cag in me is always pushing back on console launches (MSRP). If Destruction All Stars ends up feature rich and exciting I don't mind dropping $70 and supporting a new IP on day one.
Seems like it could have potentially ... will probably wait for a sale, but intrigued. Wish it had some sort of ranged weapon option when your driver gets knocked out of their car. I get that it’s probably more about the driving and a hesitation to add guns or weapons, but it would be sick to face down a car on foot with a rocket launcher or something.

So what is the point of selling a ps5 on ebay when after fees and such, you will maybe get a hundred dollar profit if you are lucky?
I’m hoping they Sony gets a lot more out at or before launch so the scalpers don’t get much anyway. That being said, some have already been purchased for $1,000 on eBay, even after fees that’s a lot more profit than $100.

If there is an extreme shortage at launch I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for even more than that (it all depends on what Sony puts out). Remember right now we still have the whole Covid thing going on and there were new Switches going for around $450 on eBay and that system isn’t even new.

There is no expected shortage at launch.  In fact, it is quite the opposite.  Multiple press releases have stated that Sony has been ramping up their production and shipping double what they intended.  The enormous day1 pre-order allotments are further proof of this.  People are just bored at home and going out of their minds right now. 

The only thing there is a shortage of are games to play on release week. 

I can already see reviewers gushing over graphics at first, and then the graphics become normal and it becomes harder to really impress. We always see that though were the first games usually for a system all look alright and play alright but generally get outclassed later on in the lifetime of the system. Sometimes it's not true like the Dreamcast's launch titles (now that was a lineup!), but generally yeah just a few launch releases become system sellers really.

bread's done
Back