Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I was going to give you a hundred dollars, but I guess you don't want it. I will keep it. Thank you.
Last I checked, the work and risk involved in reselling a PS5 isn't worth the 100 dollars. The work and risk involved in letting you give me money while I do nothing is worth 100 dollars. I accept checks, paypal, bitcoin, and luna bucks.

I have Demon’s Souls and Miles Morales ultimate already paid off. I’m curious about AC Valhalla and put $5 on a preorder for it, but everyone is bashing it lol. I didn’t play that much but I actually enjoyed Origins and Odyssey so I don’t know if Valhalla regressed from those or what so I’ll probably wait for feedback on that one.
If it helps, they did confirm it will be 4k60FPS on PS5 to be on par with the XSX version. I was hyped for it but now I'm not sure I'll have time with Demon's Souls likely eating up 2 months.

Last I checked, the work and risk involved in reselling a PS5 isn't worth the 100 dollars. The work and risk involved in letting you give me money while I do nothing is worth 100 dollars. I accept checks, paypal, bitcoin, and luna bucks.
It doesn't take much effort to sell it though. The biggest risk is whoever you sell it to on ebay says they didn't get it and ebay returns their money. Other than that you list, sell, it is already in a box ready to ship, just print out a shipping label stick it on and put it someplace the mail man can pick up the next day.

That said, I hope the console scalpers don't make a dime off this nonsense.

I'm hoping for a solid performance bump for the PS4 version of Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS5. I'm currently enjoying Hades on the Switch. Hmm might have to double dip if they get that running at 120fps on the PS5(if they feel like doing the work).

I'm hoping for a solid performance bump for the PS4 version of Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS5. I'm currently enjoying Hades on the Switch. Hmm might have to double dip if they get that running at 120fps on the PS5(if they feel like doing the work).
If it can run at 120fps on PC (I don't have it so I can't confirm) it shouldn't take much work at all to get it running at 1440p/120fps on the new consoles.

I can already see reviewers gushing over graphics at first, and then the graphics become normal and it becomes harder to really impress. We always see that though were the first games usually for a system all look alright and play alright but generally get outclassed later on in the lifetime of the system. Sometimes it's not true like the Dreamcast's launch titles (now that was a lineup!), but generally yeah just a few launch releases become system sellers really.
This might depend on the reviewers. If they're used to gaming on PC the graphics won't be anything they haven't sen before and the current batch of launch titles might not get much hype for graphics. Still, I think folks who aren't used to HFR/VRR are going to have their minds blown (provided they have compatible display devices).

Last edited by a moderator:
Word around the glory hole is, GameStop is getting extra PS5 preorders in on Friday in store only and only for the disk version. They won’t release the day of console release, but within a week. This is just hearsay from employees and politicians though.

Does anyone know who has the spend 250 dollars at best buy get a gift card back from the best buy mystery offer work on preorders?
I’m not 100% sure, but I highly doubt it since you are not charged right away, so the charge won’t hit the credit card system until after the deadline for the promotion has passed.

I wonder if Best Buy will have midnight launch for PS5?
Doubtful with all the social distancing stuff going on. Also my store has a sign up saying they aren’t doing in store preorders and that their was a 60 person limit for the whole store. Wondering how I’ll pick up my ps5 though.

i dont understand no in store preorders, so its better for a bunch of people to wait outside on launch night to try and get a console then to have a preset number of people have it reserved and be able to come in whenever to get it?

Wario64

@Wario64

·
1h

More info: •Preorders available during normal GameStop hours •PS5s expected to arrive within a week of launch •Pulse Headset/DualSense Charging not available to preorder with Friday's PS5 •Some stores may not be doing reservations if they over-reserved last week

Quote Tweet

sArAoQYO_normal.jpg

Wario64

@Wario64

·
1h

GameStop will be doing in-store only preorders for PlayStation 5 (Disc) this Friday. These PS5s will not be for launch day but likely within one or two weeks after launch GameStop hasn't officially announced this but that's what I heard from an employee

Doubtful with all the social distancing stuff going on. Also my store has a sign up saying they aren’t doing in store preorders and that their was a 60 person limit for the whole store. Wondering how I’ll pick up my ps5 though.
Yes, but the PS5 will launch and it will be available in store on launch day in some capacity, so there is no reason not to do midnight launch. It wouldn’t change the risk of contagion, it may be worse than a midnight launch, in fact.

Ideally you do a midnight launch and do all-outside tickets with social distancing, and then allow a single person in the store at a time to pay and get their console.

If there is an launch event at all, it will most likely just be for curbside pickup or have cars lined up to pickup orders. In cities, I doubt they'd do any type of midnight launch.

Yes, they should do it, curbside included. You want to remove those people from coming to the store the next day during normal business hours. That would reduce the number of people going to the store.

I’m hoping they Sony gets a lot more out at or before launch so the scalpers don’t get much anyway. That being said, some have already been purchased for $1,000 on eBay, even after fees that’s a lot more profit than $100.

If there is an extreme shortage at launch I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for even more than that (it all depends on what Sony puts out). Remember right now we still have the whole Covid thing going on and there were new Switches going for around $450 on eBay and that system isn’t even new.
What do you guys think will people flip more... the Xbox series X or the ps5?

Word around the glory hole is, GameStop is getting extra PS5 preorders in on Friday in store only and only for the disk version. They won’t release the day of console release, but within a week. This is just hearsay from employees and politicians though.
I received the same hot tip today from GS as well. Did not give a time or quantities of types but said Friday.

I was going to give you a hundred dollars, but I guess you don't want it. I will keep it. Thank you.
That is if you make 100, with the fees ebay charges, you may break even or even lose some money. Not worth the risk if you ask me.

'Sup, y'all. Has Sony clarified backwards compatibility on PS5? I can't find specifics. Sorry if I missed that discussion in here and thanks in advance.

'Sup, y'all. Has Sony clarified backwards compatibility on PS5? I can't find specifics. Sorry if I missed that discussion in here and thanks in advance.
99% of PS4 games, no PS1-PS3 support but most likely anything that falls in those generations that was playable on your PS4 will play on PS5 via something similar to PS Now.

99% of PS4 games, no PS1-PS3 support but most likely anything that falls in those generations that was playable on your PS4 will play on PS5 via something similar to PS Now.
Thanks for the response. Could you drop a link? Everything I found was describing future expectations but I'm looking for some clarity on out of the box compatibility.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/09/16/ps5-retail-units/

As far as I’m aware, there isn’t a list of compatible titles anywhere. With units making their way out to the press soon, I’m sure there will be updates on how PS4 titles perform.
Thank you. I'm always skeptical of major news publications when it comes to gaming news, but it sounds like I shouldn't have any problem rolling over my PS4 library. I skipped the Pro and too many exclusives so I have a lot of catching up to do. Looking forward to it.

Ok folks the RTX 3090 drops today. They are already apologizing in advance. My money is on it selling out in the first 5 minutes(4 of which will be their servers bogging down from the bots).

Are people really dumb enough to drop $1,500 on a single computer component, when it will probably be half that price in a year or two when a newer or better version of the card comes out?

Are people really dumb enough to drop $1,500 on a single computer component, when it will probably be half that price in a year or two when a newer or better version of the card comes out?
You are being sarcastic, right? It is hard to tell on the internet. I hope so.

It's a monster of a card. If they drop a super version next year it'll still probably cost over $1000 for that card. I would probably just wait for a 3080 refresh with more vram.

You are being sarcastic, right? It is hard to tell on the internet. I hope so.
Or clueless. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess never buy a video card. Or a computer. Or anything.

I’d be super interested in the 3070 for $500 but my desktop pc is inside my virtual pinball machine now. I just don’t play enough pc games (or any games, really) and when I want to play something on pc I’ll just remote into that computer from my laptop.

Luckily I still do some 3D modelling for work, so had been able to expense out a GTX 2080 a few years ago for my home workstation.  :whistle2: It's still using an old Xeon, so probably CPU limited for gaming anyways  :oldman:

But PS5s on Friday at GS... has anyone successfully gotten GS to shift $50 from another pre-order to PS5 over the phone?  :bomb:

Luckily I still do some 3D modelling for work, so had been able to expense out a GTX 2080 a few years ago for my home workstation. :whistle2: It's still using an old Xeon, so probably CPU limited for gaming anyways :oldman:

But PS5s on Friday at GS... has anyone successfully gotten GS to shift $50 from another pre-order to PS5 over the phone? :bomb:
I did, my Gamestop even called me the day PS5 went up and I switched $50 from FarCry 6 to the console. I went in later in the week and they had a receipt waiting for me too.

Luckily I still do some 3D modelling for work, so had been able to expense out a GTX 2080 a few years ago for my home workstation. :whistle2: It's still using an old Xeon, so probably CPU limited for gaming anyways :oldman:

But PS5s on Friday at GS... has anyone successfully gotten GS to shift $50 from another pre-order to PS5 over the phone? :bomb:
That's how I got my ps5 and xbsx Pre-orders in. My store called me to confirm. Picked up the receipt later that week. F'n awesome!

Anyone know of a way to get Best Buy stock alerts for the Pulse 3D headset?
Not sure about the answer, but I’ve currently got an Astro A50, which they’ve confirmed will work on PS5, and it’s better than any Sony headset I’ve used in the past... so, you may not need one unless you really want it

Gamestop announced on social media that they will be doing more PS5 preorders tomorrow online and in-store. Good luck![attachment=34657:Screenshot_20200924-113118.png]

Yes, but at what time? :( 

I called before my GS opened opened on 9/22 for the xbox and they were sold out already. Hopefully, i can try my luck again tomorrow. My GS has a waiting list they go through first before walkins can get any. 

Yes, but at what time? :(

I called before my GS opened opened on 9/22 for the xbox and they were sold out already. Hopefully, i can try my luck again tomorrow. My GS has a waiting list they go through first before walkins can get any.
They are saying normal time tomorrow so that would be 12pm, Gamestop opened at 10am for Xbox prorders

Is there a reason why I keep seeing people say "ps5" and "Ps5" all over the internet? Is it really that hard to capitalize both letters or are phones auto-correcting it wrong?

got the invite too for tomorrow...

Is Sony the best shop to receive it on launch day?

I also got in one from Amazon last week, but their delivery timing seems unreliable so I might cancel it if I can get it from Sony instead

i think either one has a chance to get in for launch day... although the footnote on the sony email got me wondering.

**Invite valid through 3:59pm PT, Friday 9/25, or while supplies last.
Subject to availability. Unit limits apply.

bread's done
Back