Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

It's funny/sad how many people are spamming target for orders.

Lot's of people getting them via bots,auto-clickers, etc...

Still not sure how target is getting so many orders, unless it's all cancellations, which seems high.

Check ps5 nowinstock site, chat is 90% target glitch/spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big YMMV here, but Target was nice and gave me an extra 10% off on my PS5 preorder.

I started up the online chat, and asked if I could apply the current 10% off Target Circle deal (10% off one Electronics item or video game) to my existing PS5 order. They looked into it, told me that deal isn't valid on the Sony PS5 at all, but that they could give me 10% off anyway just for being a valued customer.

So Red Card brought it down to $475, and then they gave me an extra $47.50 off on top of that. Pretty shocked they did that for me, but I'll happily take it.
Dude, you are incredible for posting this...thank you!!! I did the same thing and was offered the 10% discount for being a loyal customer. It was also the rep's birthday so I think he was in a good mood. Always be courteous to these folks and make small talk, it usually improves your chances of getting what you want. If you are nasty/mean/condescending, then they have little incentive to help you out. A little kindness goes a LOOOONG way!

Pretty cool official teardown. That heatsink is huge! Looks easy enough to take apart and make a custom water-cooled PS5 Slim! heh  :hot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaAY-jAjm0w&feature=emb_logo

It's in Japanese (turning on captions helps). The ssd slot looks like it could handle one with a decent sized heatsink (or dremeling one out the back lol) The base is easily switched to a horizontal position as well if anyone was worried about knocking that thing over. It looks huge next to the guy.

Has anyone else tried to cancel their pre order with Sams Club?

I keep getting the run around on getting the order cancelled. The PS5 in their systems comes up as shipping so there isn’t a cancel option in my account.

When you call them they say they have to contact the vendor to cancel the order and it can take up to 10 days to hear back from them.

Big YMMV here, but Target was nice and gave me an extra 10% off on my PS5 preorder.

I started up the online chat, and asked if I could apply the current 10% off Target Circle deal (10% off one Electronics item or video game) to my existing PS5 order. They looked into it, told me that deal isn't valid on the Sony PS5 at all, but that they could give me 10% off anyway just for being a valued customer.

So Red Card brought it down to $475, and then they gave me an extra $47.50 off on top of that. Pretty shocked they did that for me, but I'll happily take it.
I didn't get the 10% off like you and the other poster did sadly, but I did get $20 off! I'll take it! Well worth 3 minutes of my time.

PS5 pre-order making me want to upgrade my tv since my sony x900f doesn't have 2.1 hdmi, even thought the latest version (x900h) doesn't technically have it yet either.   Also I realized after moving that my 55" can go away as I now have room for the 65 or even the 75 if I want to get crazy  :joystick:  :twoguns:

PS5 pre-order making me want to upgrade my tv since my sony x900f doesn't have 2.1 hdmi, even thought the latest version (x900h) doesn't technically have it yet either. Also I realized after moving that my 55" can go away as I now have room for the 65 or even the 75 if I want to get crazy :joystick: :twoguns:
My 2016 Vizio P series developed some major banding I think I'm gonna save for the 85" Sony. By the time I get it the update for the hdmi should be available.

My 2016 Vizio P series developed some major banding I think I'm gonna save for the 85" Sony. By the time I get it the update for the hdmi should be available.
85 is a beast, nice. I really miss my plasma. Most people hate motion interpolation, but it was amazing on it and spoiled me. My 4k Sony tries, but leaves an small aura around my character sometime if it's not a 60fps game. The plasma was so good it could make any game look like 60fps, but no HDR and 4k of course.

I would say wait on the tv. These systems are going to drive demand. In a year or two you'd probably find a much better tv for the money.

If anyone can do a 65” TV and has access to a Costco the Sony 900H is on sale for $960 and comes with a included 5 year warranty. I know right now it doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 but it will soon via a firmware update.

I’ve been thinking I need a new TV for about 7 years now.  Still on a 15 year old 50 inch Panasonic Plasma.  There is always something new and better around the corner.  I do still think my TV looks great, but yeah, time for a new one within a few years of the PS5.  Will see if that actually happens though, I’ll be looking for a great deal on something pretty future proof.

A good time to buy is in April and May. Bestbuy discounts their open box models 50 percent. I was able to get a 55 Sony Oled A9G for 1,250. It was a return with only 55 hours of usage.

A good time to buy is in April and May. Bestbuy discounts their open box models 50 percent. I was able to get a 55 Sony Oled A9G for 1,250. It was a return with only 55 hours of usage.
How is the OLED? I read they're great for gaming, but have major burn in issues, so that confuses me.

How is the OLED? I read they're great for gaming, but have major burn in issues, so that confuses me.
Burn in issues are in the past. Anything 7 series or later should be good to go without much worry. I've never had an issue with my B7.

Best image you can currently get. I love it. Burn in might still be a risk but its very hard to do in current models. You would have to only watch channels like CNN or play games like Cod with a hud for tens of thousands of hours to possibly cause it (Which I wouldn't do anyways). If you mainly use it for enjoying movies and playing single player games, its worth it. The newer models also have anti measures to prevent burn in as well. I have no regrets. Glad I decided to pick one up.

Oled is the new plasma TV. I would personally stick with LCD as their cheaper and avoid burn in. Micro led backlighting out now basically makes lcds have near parity with Oled. You also get a significantly brighter picture with LCD, but worse black levels and some blooming as a result. OLED too have draw backs as well. Colors like grey can look off and they give some people headaches. I would research what’s best for you.

I was all in on a OLED LG about 5 months ago, but decided to go with the LG Nano instead to save some cash and upgrade my entertainment sound setup instead.  Love the TV and would highly recommend one.  OLED is still the king though.  Will prob buy one next year and move the Nano to my bedroom to replace our current 65in 4k in there.

Also, does anyone know if Best Buy has opened up more PS5 pre orders since they originally sold out?

I was all in on a OLED LG about 5 months ago, but decided to go with the LG Nano instead to save some cash and upgrade my entertainment sound setup instead. Love the TV and would highly recommend one. OLED is still the king though. Will prob buy one next year and move the Nano to my bedroom to replace our current 65in 4k in there.

Also, does anyone know if Best Buy has opened up more PS5 pre orders since they originally sold out?
Honestly would wait till 2021 as all the hdmi 2.1 features will be supported or buy a Sony 900H. The Sony 900H supports like 80% of the features and from what I’ve read is currently the best in terms of features supported. It even beats it’s big brother the 950. In 2021 all 2.1 hdmi features will be supported in most mid and high range TVs.

Burn in issues are in the past. Anything 7 series or later should be good to go without much worry. I've never had an issue with my B7.
Burn-in is absolutely an issue. It's always a liability with OLEDs. It comes with the technology. Burn-in happens at a rate of somewhere around ~5-12% of OLED owners. (It was polled at 12% in a recent AVS forum poll so in actuality it's probably a lot smaller than that, more like in the high single digits). Some people baby their TVs and it happens to them after 3-4 weeks. Some panels simply go bad. It could happen to anyone.

One of my biggest peeves is when people post "xxxx isn't an issue because it hasn't happened to me / hasn't happened on my device." As if that has anything to do with anything in regards to a long-term reliability discussion.

Anyways....That being said, the LG CX is still the best TV / pc monitor that you can buy for gaming right now. The Sony 900H is also HDMI 2.1 compatible (High VRR gaming) along with the other 2020 Sony 8K sets.

Burn-in is absolutely an issue. It's always a liability with OLEDs. It comes with the technology. Burn-in happens at a rate of somewhere around ~5-12% of OLED owners. (It was polled at 12% in a recent AVS forum poll so in actuality it's probably a lot smaller than that, more like around a high single digit range). Some people baby their TVs and it happens after four weeks. It could happen to anyone.

One of my biggest peeves is when people post "xxxx isn't an issue because it hasn't happened to me / hasn't happened on my device." As if that has anything to do with anything in regards to a long-term reliability discussion.

Anyways....That being said, the LG CX is still the best TV / pc monitor that you can buy for gaming right now. The Sony 900H is also HDMI 2.1 compatible (High VRR gaming) along with the other 2020 Sony 8K sets.
This post is a 100% correct. FYI even the 900h does not fully conform to all hdmi 2.1 standards. There are some Uber nerdy reviews on it. Still a good tv for 2020. 2021 is when to buy.

Why I purchased the 5 year geek squad warranty which covers burn in. If your going to spend the money on a OLED, get the warranty.

Not confirmed but Sony seems to have better quality control on the panels they use, I know they get them from LG. In my research, I rarely saw people complaining of issues with Sony models.

Do you guys think TV’s like the Hisense and TCL’s will come with HDMI 2.1 as soon as next year models? I really wanted the Hisense H9G but with the newer systems and it’s lack of 2.1 I decided against it and might now go with the Sony 900H. I can only go 55” so I can’t jump on the Costco deal and might wait out till Black Friday to see if the 55” goes on sale.

Burn-in is absolutely an issue. It's always a liability with OLEDs. It comes with the technology. Burn-in happens at a rate of somewhere around ~5-12% of OLED owners. (It was polled at 12% in a recent AVS forum poll so in actuality it's probably a lot smaller than that, more like in the high single digits). Some people baby their TVs and it happens to them after 3-4 weeks. Some panels simply go bad. It could happen to anyone.

I'm a member on AVS forum. I'm not just making stuff up or saying that because it's never happened to me it doesn't happen. They test these things every year, and members post their feedback.

I'm a member on AVS forum. I'm not just making stuff up or saying that because it's never happened to me it doesn't happen. They test these things every year, and members post their feedback.
Agreed, as someone that’s owned a b7 for a few years, it’s been a solid tv with a great picture. I’m sure burn in is a possibility but seems rare these days. Reminds me of what people said about Plasma TVs back when I owned one, warning about how laying it flat or jostling it would destroy the picture ... may have been true in some instances but I found the rumor to be rubbish after moving the tv to different cities 4 times.

Are you guys going to buy the geek squad warranty for the ps5/xbox series X?
I’m for sure getting the GameStop warranty on mine. I always do on launch systems and it’s always paid off. My PS4 died a week before my warranty expired last gen and they just handed me a new one. No qualms. Launch systems have a habit of overheating, disk drives going out, random red ring of death every other month. It’s just always the case. Some people get lucky. I had my day one ps2 forever, but some don’t and I don’t want to be out 550 because I refused to pay the extra 40.

Are you guys going to buy the geek squad warranty for the ps5/xbox series X?
I never buy extended warranties on home electronics. Overall, they are a big waste of money. These extended warranties are a huge billion dollar business and they love to offer them up because the vast majority of people won't ever need them.

I’m for sure getting the GameStop warranty on mine. I always do on launch systems and it’s always paid off. My PS4 died a week before my warranty expired last gen and they just handed me a new one. No qualms. Launch systems have a habit of overheating, disk drives going out, random red ring of death every other month. It’s just always the case. Some people get lucky. I had my day one ps2 forever, but some don’t and I don’t want to be out 550 because I refused to pay the extra 40.
The most common fault is overheating, but between all the info that Sony payed extra for a better cooling system and early reports of the thing running cold I feel pretty good about it this year.

My PS1 ran until I got a launch PS2 (although I had to turn it upside down lol). My launch PS2 lasted until I traded it for a BC 60 gig PS3, which was the first system that ever died on me (I had it fixed). Slim PS3 lives on to this day and my launch PS4 lasted fine until I traded it for a Pro (jet engine fan edition).

The most common fault is overheating, but between all the info that Sony payed extra for a better cooling system and early reports of the thing running cold I feel pretty good about it this year.

My PS1 ran until I got a launch PS2 (although I had to turn it upside down lol). My launch PS2 lasted until I traded it for a BC 60 gig PS3, which was the first system that ever died on me (I had it fixed). Slim PS3 lives on to this day and my launch PS4 lasted fine until I traded it for a Pro (jet engine fan edition).
Yeah I’m not too worried about this one the heat sink on this thing is huge. But Sony is known for using cheap thermal paste. My PS4 was my first PlayStation unit to die on me where I couldn’t fix it myself. My 360 on the other hand I got sick of fixing and ended up going through 4. That thing was a piece of crap.

The breakdown for the PS5 shows them using liquid metal. I think they learned their lesson from the current gen systems(my Pro is still going strong but I still catch some noise even with a headset on). Depending on what card you're using you can get warranty support through your credit card. I say my biggest area of concern with the next gen systems will be storage. Quality has improved a lot with ssds but having storage tied to the pcb means you get a bad one your system is toast.

Just use an Amex or some other card with an extend warranty policy and get it for free. The cost of that stuff is rolled into your apr.
Do you have any more info about this? I just got an Amex but am unfamiliar with what you're referring to. Thanks!

On the subject of early release, my GameStop said they didn’t think they would do an early or midnight release for PS5 and would probably open at normal hours that Thursday

On the subject of early release, my GameStop said they didn’t think they would do an early or midnight release for PS5 and would probably open at normal hours that Thursday
I think it’ll depend on the store manager and when the actual release time is. I think east coast may be hosed on this issue because I doubt GameStop will give permission since they can’t sell anything to the 12 people standing in line.

Is anyone planning on getting Godfall? Looks pretty good but kinda want to wait for reviews
Definitely a review wait for me. There's very little hype for this one which is probably because nobody has been able to play it, but still. I'm skeptical that the formula has changed much in the looter/shooter genre, so as of now I'm hard passing on it.

Do you have any more info about this? I just got an Amex but am unfamiliar with what you're referring to. Thanks!
If you buy the ps5 100% on your Amex card they will give you an extra years worth of coverage at no cost to you. So if it breaks you can call Amex and they will replace any electronics purchase or give you your money back if it can’t be replaced. It’s part of your member perks. Even free Amex cards have it.

bread's done
Back