Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Used target redcard on all accessories except the actual ps5 console. I need to find out what I should do to return and rebuy it with redcard once I pay off my redcard balance.

I pre ordered the charger, remote, extra controller in one order and it they’re shipping all together except the remote which are arriving nov 6. The remote shows October 30. The 3D headset I ordered separately (cuz it kept going out of stock and didn’t get to use my 10% off coupon on it) is shipping by itself arriving on October 30

I was about to be pissed that people who ordered later would get the accessories on October 30 while I get mine on November 6.

Did you use Target redcard? Im curious because that gets you free 2 day shipping.
I did, and that has meant absolutely nothing to Target for pre-orders. They have been consistently using FedEx for months now for me and it's always the slowest, worst shipping method I've ever seen. Absolutely hate it.

Yes, I did this for both my PS5 and XSX orders. Can't beat saving $150 off the two consoles combined after red card!
It went smoothly? I just don’t wanna mess up any of my pre orders. If I make them apply my coupon on ps5 pre orders I’m afraid of them messing it up and my order gets cancelled

Just tried and they said the coupon couldn't be applied to preorders
My first attempt they also said this, but you can always end chat and try again. Took me three tries on the PS5 before they applied the refund and if you have red card it will be $47.50 off since the price is already $25 off. With the XSX they immediately added the refund no questions asked, so YMMV just depending who you get. Very much up to you how much $50 is worth but I’d say give it another go. Coupon is still good until the end of the month so good luck!

It went smoothly? I just don’t wanna mess up any of my pre orders. If I make them apply my coupon on ps5 pre orders I’m afraid of them messing it up and my order gets cancelled
Incompetence aside, it is a 0% chance of that happening. The only time they would cancel the order is if you asked them to. My order refunds went smoothly without issue so you’re safe to try. ;)

I was able to get the 10% discount applied to my preorder with chat. I just need to get a Target Red Card now. Has anyone changed payment before with Target online? Not sure I want to risk it though.

No, contacting Target support and asking nicely if you can apply the 10% off to a console preorder does work, but it depends entirely on whom you're talking to. I got lucky and the first person I talked to was happy to do it for me. I posted about it a few weeks ago here: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/372356-playstation-5-pre-order-thread/page-67#entry14332753
So I wonder if I can't get it because I got a discount last month on something else.

Btw, does anyone know if Target ever bans customers like Amazon if they ask for too many discounts?

Got offered a 10 dollar gift card so I took it. Thanks , better then nothing.

Just curious if Target .com ever bans anyone for people returning too often or asking for refunds like Amazon?
Nah, never heard of a single case of that. Amazon will ban return-a-holics but you’d have to be unreasonably overboard returning everything to warrant that.

Any target employee here? Planning on returning and rebuying my ps5 to get 5% off using my redcard. Would I need just the receipt or would I need the box/console as well?

So, I'm someone with a backup order.  If I keep it (assuming it doesn't get cancelled), what's the best way to help a cag out who couldn't get one?  since either system is a $500+ purchase

Just wondering in case I wind up with an extra, cause I sure don't want to get robbed over a craigslist ad.  I'd return it before I sold it that way.

So, I'm someone with a backup order. If I keep it (assuming it doesn't get cancelled), what's the best way to help a cag out who couldn't get one? since either system is a $500+ purchase

Just wondering in case I wind up with an extra, cause I sure don't want to get robbed over a craigslist ad. I'd return it before I sold it that way.
Depending on the retailer, now is the time to act so you can change the shipping address. You do not want to get stuck with having to charge them probably close to $50 in shipping on top of tax. These things are very heavy and big which even UPS ground will cost a lot.

i would buy it if you're local to me and if walmart doesn't come thru with my pre-order. i really don't trust walmart with pre-orders for some reason.

So, I'm someone with a backup order. If I keep it (assuming it doesn't get cancelled), what's the best way to help a cag out who couldn't get one? since either system is a $500+ purchase

Just wondering in case I wind up with an extra, cause I sure don't want to get robbed over a craigslist ad. I'd return it before I sold it that way.

Pretty much what others have said. I’m looking for one and would pay via PayPal friends and family. You could then change the shipping address.

i would buy it if you're local to me and if walmart doesn't come thru with my pre-order. i really don't trust walmart with pre-orders for some reason.
Never trust Walmart preorders. I bought Mario lego the day it was announced as a preorder and they never shipped it out. Got a notice it was delayed by the manufacturer but tons were in stock so I ordered it elsewhere. I also bought some real ghostbusters figures as desk toys and they randomly sent some but not the full set. I purchased them before they sold out. Had a few stuff like this happen this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else get an email from GameStop saying the release date has been postponed by the manufacturer?

*edit* probably because of the Destruction All Stars delay 

Anybody else get an email from GameStop saying the release date has been postponed by the manufacturer?
yup, I had the advanced bundle with destruction all stars, which was delayed to 2021.

hopefully they let us pick another game than delaying the whole bundle.

Yes. I preordered a bundle that had Destruction AllStars in it. I’m guessing that’s the reason? Would be nice if they just replaced it with another game.
Better if they just removed it but this is gamestop. Probably will be able to cancel after the PS5 ships. Only thing worse would be if they delayed the PS5 with it.

Supposedly there was a leak from Walmart of a ps5 500gb ssd for $115. Hopefully a 1tb isn't a whole lot more.
oh it will be $200+

The Xoox 1TB is already listed at $220. Look up "1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD" on Amazon and check the prices. Then realize that none of them have 5,500 mps speeds and you're going to be buying the 4.0++ models.

yup, I had the advanced bundle with destruction all stars, which was delayed to 2021.

hopefully they let us pick another game than delaying the whole bundle.
Either that, provide $70 PSN credit a la Antonline, or refund the part of the bundle that would have gone to Destruction All-Stars, because delaying orders over a game that would be free for two months for those that have bought the advanced bundle in the first place is only going to discourage any future system pre-orders from Gamestop.

I got the Pulse 3D headset pre ordered from Amazon. I heard the accessories are shipping out earlier and should be available by October 30th (shipped out earlier than that and arrives on the 30th possibly? If you have Prime?)

Has anyone had any experience with the past headset like the Gold or Platinum models? How good are they? I would like to use this wireless headset also on Xbox Series X and on my PC, from the past headsets, do they work exactly the same or is the quality and features not as good as if you were using the headset on a Playstation console?

I got the Pulse 3D headset pre ordered from Amazon. I heard the accessories are shipping out earlier and should be available by October 30th (shipped out earlier than that and arrives on the 30th possibly? If you have Prime?)

Has anyone had any experience with the past headset like the Gold or Platinum models? How good are they? I would like to use this wireless headset also on Xbox Series X and on my PC, from the past headsets, do they work exactly the same or is the quality and features not as good as if you were using the headset on a Playstation console?
Should work with your PC, but you would need another usb dongle or have to manually disconnect it from the PS5 every time you wanted to use it on PC I believe (it’s unclear from the website if the dongle is just for PC use or if it’s required for the PS5, it may sync w/o on PS4/PS5).

As far as using it with the Series X, I’m afraid you’re out of luck. Most likely won’t work. Also odd that it doesn’t appear to be a Bluetooth headset so that appears to rule out using it with phones or tablets.

Should work with your PC, but you would need another usb dongle or have to manually disconnect it from the PS5 every time you wanted to use it on PC I believe (it’s unclear from the website if the dongle is just for PC use or if it’s required for the PS5, it may sync w/o on PS4/PS5).

As far as using it with the Series X, I’m afraid you’re out of luck. Most likely won’t work. Also odd that it doesn’t appear to be a Bluetooth headset so that appears to rule out using it with phones or tablets.
I hear that using a dongle is better than connection just via bluetooth, something about faster data speed so that the audio doesn't lag or something.

Im sure the dongle will work on PC but yeah i was thinking about Xbox. I heard it does come with a 3.5 mm cord so you can plug that into the controller but im just curious if the options or quality of the audio will not work as good on pc or on xbox as it will on PS5.

So there should be no problems returning and rebuying at the local store after I receive shipment to add the warranty correct?
Not sure where you ordered from, but I worked at Best Buy and Gamestop in the past and at both places this is something we could easily do.

My extra PS5 DualSense controller and PS5 media remote just shipped from Target.

So between those accessories and the previously shipped charging station and HD camera, all of my PS5 items have shipped...

...except the console itself of course, but hopefully that too will be shipping soon.

:pray:

Target still hasn’t shipped my charging dock, which is odd. Controller that shipped a week ago has barely crawled out of their warehouse via FedEx. I mean, I get pandemic and all but FedEx is slow even on a good day. So much for free 2-day shipping Target.  :???:

bread's done
Back