Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Do what you want buddy. Just saying with further price drops around the corner and new better sets coming out it might be better to wait. If this was March 2020 or something like that I could see justifying your reasoning because you’d wait 1 year or longer for a new set. It’s like buying a new iPhone in aug/sept when you know a new one is coming out in October.
It isn't like that at all. There aren't better sets coming out next month. There aren't even better sales happening in six months. You've missed the point entirely.

Right now is the exact opposite of the best recommended time to wait. Black Friday is statistically the best month to get the most value out of buying a new (enthusiast grade) television set if you need one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't like that at all. There aren't better sets coming out next month. There aren't even better sales happening in six months. You've missed the point entirely.

Right now is the exact opposite of the best recommended time to wait. Black Friday is statistically the best month to get the most value out of buying a new television set if you need one.
The consumerist use to track tv pricing and Black Friday usually was statistically better because a lot of cheap models drive the average sale price down. Most premium or top tier audio video stuff is cheaper in March or April for prior year sets. I bought a $3000 avr in April for $900 bucks doing that.

The consumerist use to track tv pricing and Black Friday usually was statistically better because a lot of cheap models drive the average sale price down. Most premium or top tier audio video stuff is cheaper in March or April for prior year sets. I bought a $3000 avr in April for $900 bucks doing that.
900 dollar bucks!!!

I was getting the error with my serial number as well.

Keep trying and eventually you should win through and get the mailing address form to fill out.

Good luck!
Thank you I was able to get one after a 100 tries lol (I kid more like 20 tries).

It’s true, if you’re looking at high end items then Black Friday isn’t always the best way to maximize savings. Black Friday is predicated on the myth that consumers will get the most value in the lead up to Christmas, however what it really allows retailers to do is drive sales on cheaper, low quality merchandise and overstock from the past year.

For high end brands, you might find a decent 10-25% discount, but if the item is in demand and has consumer interest, you’re more likely to find a deal during other times ... after CES, before the Super Bowl, back to school season, etc. The benefit of buying on Black Friday is that most retailers have more flexible return policies and some price match, so you have less to lose if you jump in on a big purchase now vs the middle of next year. But you may not get the amazing deal you expect.

Highly consider the open box route at bestbuy. Most bestbuys will work with you and knock the price down to acceptable. I bought a Sony OLED XBR-55A9G for 1,250 in May. It was basically brand new, only had about 50 hours of usage. On HDMI 2.1, I doubt many games will use it. They also have the best warranty, covers oled burn in.

It’s true, if you’re looking at high end items then Black Friday isn’t always the best way to maximize savings. Black Friday is predicated on the myth that consumers will get the most value in the lead up to Christmas, however what it really allows retailers to do is drive sales on cheaper, low quality merchandise and overstock from the past year.

For high end brands, you might find a decent 10-25% discount, but if the item is in demand and has consumer interest, you’re more likely to find a deal during other times ... after CES, before the Super Bowl, back to school season, etc. The benefit of buying on Black Friday is that most retailers have more flexible return policies and some price match, so you have less to lose if you jump in on a big purchase now vs the middle of next year. But you may not get the amazing deal you expect.
Well said sir.

Black Friday is an ok time to buy, but the best time is usually just before the new models are coming out, as others have said.

I’m also looking to upgrade from a 1080P tv to a 4K TV for the new consoles. I may get the new consoles at launch, but I really don’t want to play them until I have a nice TV to go along with them. My current TV is 46”, so I’m looking in the 50-55” range, from LG or Samsung. While I’m sure HDR10+ is the standard now, HDMI 2.1, and 120 Hz is an absolute must. I was looking at the LG Nano series. Has anyone had any good experience with them or can recommend anything? Are Vizio and TCL TV’s any good? And is what that user was talking about with the 2020 TV HDMI 2.1 ports accurate or is that guy just talking out of his ass? Thanks in advance!

So, I'm someone with a backup order. If I keep it (assuming it doesn't get cancelled), what's the best way to help a cag out who couldn't get one? since either system is a $500+ purchase

Just wondering in case I wind up with an extra, cause I sure don't want to get robbed over a craigslist ad. I'd return it before I sold it that way.
If you're in the Philly / NJ area, drop me a PM. I'd take it off your hands, in person cash transaction at a local police station.

I’m also looking to upgrade from a 1080P tv to a 4K TV for the new consoles. I may get the new consoles at launch, but I really don’t want to play them until I have a nice TV to go along with them. My current TV is 46”, so I’m looking in the 50-55” range, from LG or Samsung. While I’m sure HDR10+ is the standard now, HDMI 2.1, and 120 Hz is an absolute must. I was looking at the LG Nano series. Has anyone had any good experience with them or can recommend anything? Are Vizio and TCL TV’s any good? And is what that user was talking about with the 2020 TV HDMI 2.1 ports accurate or is that guy just talking out of his ass? Thanks in advance!
Tcl is actually killing it on price, product innovation and quality. I would not recommend Vizio anymore some years you’re better off paying a little more for a Samsung or Sony.

While I’m sure HDR10+ is the standard now, HDMI 2.1, and 120 Hz is an absolute must. I was looking at the LG Nano series. Has anyone had any good experience with them or can recommend anything? Are Vizio and TCL TV’s any good? And is what that user was talking about with the 2020 TV HDMI 2.1 ports accurate or is that guy just talking out of his ass? Thanks in advance!
I don't think HDR10+ is the standard. HDR10 still is. HDMI 2.1 is also not really on most TVs yet, but some TVs like the Sony 900h has the hardware for it, but they haven't released firmware for it. There's not really an HDMI 2.1 source available either, so there's not a lot of actual info.

I don't think HDR10+ is the standard. HDR10 still is. HDMI 2.1 is also not really on most TVs yet, but some TVs like the Sony 900h has the hardware for it, but they haven't released firmware for it. There's not really an HDMI 2.1 source available either, so there's not a lot of actual info.
My fault; I may have typed that by accident. I honestly don’t know the difference. A lot of this stuff is very new to me, especially all the terminology being used for the new consoles that PC folks have known forever.

The LG Nano series I’m looking at has 2 HMDI 2.1 ports and 2 Standard HDMI ports.

Anyone know if I can price adjust in 30 days with bestbuy elite member for Black Friday? I’m currently regular bestbuy member but if I buy the lg CX 55 or 65 rn I will be elite. I just wanna get the best price on the tv. Instead of waiting if I can price adjust I’d just do that.

Sadly My 10% coupon doesn’t work on it also they wouldn’t be able to mount and connect/setup until late December

I played the TV roulette for about a year and got tired of waiting for prices to drop and/or waiting for the new hotness. Eventually I bought a Samsung 75" Q80R for $2k as it was on some super sale on Amazon, putting it at the same price as the 2018 model. Per my order history this was on Sept 29th 2019. This TV originally came out March 2019 and to this day will run you just north of $2k. 

What I am getting at is, if you have the money, hit up rtings then buy the most TV you can afford. No point in sitting around chasing tech as there will always be something better juuuuuuuuust around the corner. 

Black Friday is an ok time to buy, but the best time is usually just before the new models are coming out, as others have said.
depends on what you're buying.

We were talking about the LG CX. We were talking about next-gen console friendly units, since that is the topic. If a person thinks the 55" CX is going to be any worthwhile amount cheaper during the next seven months then they simply haven't been following TV tech news and pricing over the last few years. Same with the 900H. If you followed TVs then you'd know that the 55" isn't going to be getting any substantial amount cheaper than $899. Plus right now you get the extended holiday return window into January if you don't like your new set.

Of course some of the Sony 8K sets will be cheaper in May or June. That's different. And that's also moving the goalposts. Ain't nobody talking about waffling over buying an 8K OLED on CAG. If you have that kind of money then you buy whatever you want, whenever you want.

If you're talking value-tier TCL's then obviously they are the very cheapest on closeout. That can happen during any time of the year, and happens several times each year. But they have nothing to do with being next-gen ready or PS5 discussion anyways.

It's plainly obvious that someone doesn't know their shit when they say that (midrange to high-end) TVs are cheaper during Super Bowl week than Black Friday. That hasn't been the case during any of the previous four years; February follows the exact same pricing guildelines as Nov.-Dec. and even costs more on some weeks.

Anyone know if I can price adjust in 30 days with bestbuy elite member for Black Friday? I’m currently regular bestbuy member but if I buy the lg CX 55 or 65 rn I will be elite. I just wanna get the best price on the tv. Instead of waiting if I can price adjust I’d just do that.

Sadly My 10% coupon doesn’t work on it also they wouldn’t be able to mount and connect/setup until late December
Elite status is based on the previous year spending. So spending $1500 this year will grant you elite status for next year.

I played the TV roulette for about a year and got tired of waiting for prices to drop and/or waiting for the new hotness. Eventually I bought a Samsung 75" Q80R for $2k as it was on some super sale on Amazon, putting it at the same price as the 2018 model. Per my order history this was on Sept 29th 2019. This TV originally came out March 2019 and to this day will run you just north of $2k.

What I am getting at is, if you have the money, hit up rtings then buy the most TV you can afford. No point in sitting around chasing tech as there will always be something better juuuuuuuuust around the corner.
I’m pretty sure I bought the Costco version of that 2018 set in 2019 (fire sale) for 75 inches around 1500 bucks. It’s a nice tv. I got it for my mom and dad after I got a surprise bonus.

depends on what you're buying.

We were talking about the LG CX. We were talking about next-gen console friendly units, since that is the topic. If a person thinks the 55" CX is going to be any worthwhile amount cheaper during the next seven months then they simply haven't been following TV tech news and pricing over the last few years. Same with the 900H. If you followed TVs then you'd know that the 55" isn't going to be getting any substantial amount cheaper than $899. Plus right now you get the extended holiday return window into January if you don't like your new set.

Of course some of the Sony 8K sets will be cheaper in May or June. That's different. And that's also moving the goalposts. Ain't nobody talking about waffling over buying an 8K OLED on CAG. If you have that kind of money then you buy whatever you want, whenever you want.

If you're talking value-tier TCL's then obviously they are the very cheapest on closeout. That can happen during any time of the year, and happens several times each year. But they have nothing to do with being next-gen ready or PS5 discussion anyways.

It's plainly obvious that someone doesn't know their shit when they say that (midrange to high-end) TVs are cheaper during Super Bowl week than Black Friday. That hasn't been the case during any of the previous four years; they follow the exact same pricing guildelines as Nov.-Dec. and even cost more on some weeks.
I got my OLED through a random deal in late September/ early October a few years and it was some random, small retailer I’d never heard of like Beach Audio or something. Point being, to make a blanket statement that Black Friday prices will definitely be better is a bit dubious.

Black Friday is great for people who don’t know how to find deals without having them slapped in your face 😎.

I got my OLED through a random deal in late September/ early October a few years and it was some random, small retailer I’d never heard of like Beach Audio or something. Point being, to make a blanket statement that Black Friday prices will definitely be better is a bit dubious.

Black Friday is great for people who don’t know how to find deals without having them slapped in your face .
By all means, let's hear it. Please elaborate. Tell me how it was better than a four-months-old 55" LG CX for $1350.

No one is making a blanket statement that "all Black Friday deals are better than all other deals". A couple of you seem to be having trouble following the conversation. We're talking about someone who needs to buy an enthusiast grade TV for their PS5 today (or soon).

One of my friends got a 55" B8 for $999 on a closeout over a year ago too. So what? That is not the discussion that we are having. It's also not going to help him with his new Xbox Series X. It didn't get the G-sync firmware update. It's not going to do 120Hz VRR gaming. His deal also doesn't help anyone trying to buy a new TV today. If someone needs to buy an enthusiast grade TV in the coming months then Nov.-Dec. is the time that you do it. You're not telling them to wait for some potential random highly-YMMV closeout Woot, Dell, or Greentoe deal next June. Do you understand that?

One guy was talking about buying a TV to be ready for his new PS5. The proper advice is not "wait until next year's models in May/June". Do you get that? It doesn't seem like you do.

There is no new known technology on the horizon. There is definitely not anything close to guaranteed OLED closeout deals starting next May. Most importantly, there wasn't even a single mass retailer LG OLED clearance deal at all during 2020 that was in the realm of the current deal that is happening this week. The 55", 65" C-series has never been cheaper at retail; it is a historical low.

Damn it man now it’s showing my charging station and pulse 3D headset are back ordered on target. Still showing the same arrival date tho

Damn it. Thanks for confirmation I appreciate it
I became Elite a few weeks ago. Elite status begins 15-20 days after spending $1500. If your spending reaches $1500 now, around three weeks, you'll be an Elite member for the rest of this year, all of next year and until February of 2022.

I second this in the sense that I tried to buy a specific 2019 TV, and by the time March 2020 came around, it was sold out and was never discounted more than like Octoberish of 2019. Now I bought the 2020 version for $100 cheaper than I was willing to pay for the 2019 one. I actually tried to buy Octoberish 2019, but they wouldn't ship to California.

By all means, let's hear it. Please elaborate. Tell me how it was better than a four-months-old 55" LG CX for $1350.

No one is making a blanket statement that "all Black Friday deals are better than all other deals". A couple of you seem to be having trouble following the conversation. We're talking about someone who needs to buy an enthusiast grade TV for their PS5 today (or soon).

One of my friends got a 55" B8 for $999 on a closeout over a year ago too. So what? That is not the discussion that we are having. It's also not going to help him with his new Xbox Series X. It didn't get the G-sync firmware update. It's not going to do 120Hz VRR gaming. His deal also doesn't help anyone trying to buy a new TV today. If someone needs to buy an enthusiast grade TV in the coming months then Nov.-Dec. is the time that you do it. You're not telling them to wait for some potential random highly-YMMV closeout Woot, Dell, or Greentoe deal next June. Do you understand that?

One guy was talking about buying a TV to be ready for his new PS5. The proper advice is not "wait until next year's models in May/June". Do you get that? It doesn't seem like you do.

There is no new known technology on the horizon. There is definitely not anything close to guaranteed OLED closeout deals starting next May. Most importantly, there wasn't even a single mass retailer LG OLED clearance deal at all during 2020 that was in the realm of the current deal that is happening this week. The 55", 65" C-series has never been cheaper at retail; it is a historical low.
$1350 is a great price for the LG if you’re in the immediate market for a tv and know you’re going to be buying one before the end of the year. All I’m saying is that the very best deals usually aren’t the ones where a bunch of different retailers have it for the same price (those tend to be coordinated by the manufacturer).

The LGOLED55B7A I picked up in late 2017 for $1399 was a pretty sweet deal at the time. It was a one off using alerts from Slick Deals. If I were in the market, I might set up a few alerts, grab the LG for $1350 someplace that has easy returns (Costco or Best Buy) and then see if anything better than the shared retailer sale price appears between now and January.

No one is saying to wait if people want a tv now, but in my experience the best deals aren’t the ones that show up in places like IGN’s best deals page.

I just want to say thanks. You were actually helpful both times I asked about oled vs the led sony giving me real experiences about the tvs to help my decision. All price wars aside. :)

I honestly may end up buying this console just for Demon Souls remake. I claim to be biggest souls fan, but I've only destroyed DkS 1-3, never Demon Souls. So it will be new to me.

And wow, do the graphics look insane for that game! Some of the best graphics I've seen. The biggest reason I'm going Series X is because of Game Pass. With games nearing $80 a pop, the value is too good to pass up. If Sony released first party titles on their version of Game Pass Day 1 the choice would be sooooo easy (I'd go with Sony)
Same boat, except I'm happy with just Game Pass now. Most Sony first party games fell flat for me so I don't care for them anymore. I'm seriously considering that I may only -rent- the PS5 for Demon's Souls and flip it since there will be plenty of people who wouldn't care what condition it's in during Christmas. I really don't see any point to owning the system beyond that right now. Well, that is until FFVII Part 2.

Damn it man now it’s showing my charging station and pulse 3D headset are back ordered on target. Still showing the same arrival date tho
Same, charging station is backordered until tomorrow or Friday apparently. What's funny is I guaran-fucking-tee you if I walked into Target on Friday I could find a charging station to buy. And I can bet that my backorder will be pulled from a store to fulfill. What a damn joke.

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but have you seen the world we live in today? People are, in fact, selfish, violent, disgusting animals. Not all, but a good amount. All I need to do is look outside or put on the tv.

People are the worst!
As for the TV part, if you’re talking news it is pretty much useless. I used to roll my eyes at the whole “fake news” critisms years back but there is way to much clickbait BS to figure out what’s real and what’s not anymore. You’ll see one horrific clip showed on a News station and if you do some digging you can actually find the unedited full length clip of what happens which completely changes the context. Mainstream news is now (or maybe it has always been) all about triggering and getting people emotional.

If people would unplug from mainstream media and on top of that stop being so hooked on social media everyone’s anxiety/anger would go down a ton. My closest friends and I gave up Facebook, Instagram, Twitter a half a year ago, happiest we’ve ever been.

Same, charging station is backordered until tomorrow or Friday apparently. What's funny is I guaran-fucking-tee you if I walked into Target on Friday I could find a charging station to buy. And I can bet that my backorder will be pulled from a store to fulfill. What a damn joke.
Yup. I actually just wanna get mine so I won’t have to worry about it and pay off my target redcard then try to buy a PS5 with my redcard. I wouldn’t be surprised if they put my ps5 on back order too smh

Same boat, except I'm happy with just Game Pass now. Most Sony first party games fell flat for me so I don't care for them anymore. I'm seriously considering that I may only -rent- the PS5 for Demon's Souls and flip it since there will be plenty of people who wouldn't care what condition it's in during Christmas. I really don't see any point to owning the system beyond that right now. Well, that is until FFVII Part 2.
Different strokes. I couldn’t give two flippity shits about demon souls. I would get a PS5 just for ratchet and clank and miles morales.

As for the TV part, if you’re talking news it is pretty much useless. I used to roll my eyes at the whole “fake news” critisms years back but there is way to much clickbait BS to figure out what’s real and what’s not anymore. You’ll see one horrific clip showed on a News station and if you do some digging you can actually find the unedited full length clip of what happens which completely changes the context. Mainstream news is now (or maybe it has always been) all about triggering and getting people emotional.

If people would unplug from mainstream media and on top of that stop being so hooked on social media everyone’s anxiety/anger would go down a ton. My closest friends and I gave up Facebook, Instagram, Twitter a half a year ago, happiest we’ve ever been.
I don’t rely on tv news. Social media is the cause for much problems.

All I need to do is go shopping or even just drive around and I can tell how bad a lot of people are. Especially when shopping. And I live in a nice area.

Humans suck.

back when PS5 was announced and the games, RatchetClank and HorizonZeroDawn2 were the most anticipated for me, and of c ourse we have to wait for both.    I will enjoy SpidermanMM and Astrobot and running back compat games.     Hey Sony, we are waiting for you to certify NVME drives so we can upgrade ? 

back when PS5 was announced and the games, RatchetClank and HorizonZeroDawn2 were the most anticipated for me, and of c ourse we have to wait for both. I will enjoy SpidermanMM and Astrobot and running back compat games. Hey Sony, we are waiting for you to certify NVME drives so we can upgrade ?
I’m excited for dark souls (graphics mostly...I such at those games) and both Spider-Man games. I’m sure Sony has lots of cool games planned for 2021-2022.

Best Buy just emailed me and the email says instore pick up option will be appointment based. You can still come in but have to wait. Setting it up now. The website shows I can pick it up at 6:00am 11-10...two days earlier...maybe they got the date confused with Xbox or they’ll give our units as they have them. To be safe I set up a second appointment at 6:00 am Thursday.[attachment=34818:D96802D2-6380-4EBA-B448-D226A4DD97BF.jpeg]

There’s an option for Xbox, system might be screwed up.
Click the back button on the Best Buy page, it will redirect you to either option.

There’s an option for Xbox, system might be screwed up.
Click the back button on the Best Buy page, it will redirect you to either option.
After you confirm a date the notice says they’ll call you in 1-2 days with details. I’ll know more soon.

I am too paranoid to setup an appointment for pickup that early. I will just roll out of bed mid-morningish well-rested and walk in to get it at a random time.

bread's done
Back