Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I know not everyone is having luck getting a PS5/Series X/S but there seems to be a lot of stock out there even with resellers buying a lot of it. You just need a bit of luck checking out but I feel like there won't be any real shortage of consoles. I think a lot of people are just waiting a few months until all the next gen games start coming out. CAGs are obviously getting them day 1 because that's what we do but there's probably only 1 or 2 games? We can't play on current gen right now.

wow that was luck on the playstation store, I checked the site randomly a few mins before 3 and it was OOS still, once the tweet hit i refreshed and had no que so I was able to snag one so now my best friend has one!

I am claiming Costco and Sam's Club as the clear winners of this shit show launch. Got both XBOX and PS5 on Costco. That membership pay wall goes a long way at keeping those filthy scalpers out.

PS5 is going to my good buddy, who missed out, but has been hyped up for that machine for nearly 2 years now.

Every other website was a total shit show plagued with bots and broken payment systems.

Aside, both MS and Sony messed up big time here. They should have focused resources, efforts on a disc version of the console and later release a more affordable discless version several months later. They stretched themselves way too thin at a time when supply issues were already obvious.

Looks like BF next chance. And man, is that going to be an even bigger shit show!
Honestly... yeah. Grabbing from Costco was easy enough that I honestly thought they were overselling it when it was still in stock half an hour later, but it really probably helps that most people w memberships grabbing that bundle weren't bots trying to flip on ebay immediately. The checkout definitely struggled but it *did* work

Did ANYONE here get one at either 12 or 3 on Walmart’s shit show?

Ya right was gone in a sec. I have the app and am auto log in for fast chwck out and didn't have a chance. I got one at target tho. Was tring to get my sister one for her kids. No ps5 for xmass for them lol

did you get a ps5 this round?
Negative. This is now three generations where I've failed to land any launch console. I've got an XSX at BB ordered for pickup tomorrow, thanks to allfires yesterday, but I fully expect it to not be ready for pickup or get cancelled, if for no other reason than he was able to place an order for me while bb said out of stock, plus the shit luck I've had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a ton of chances to buy PS5 bundle on GS last night ... but just couldn't bring myself to pay $880 w/ tax for their ridicilous bundle. I mean, at least let me pick out the two games that come with it!
How many choices did you really have? My GS bundle was Spiderman, a controller, and a year of plus. I'll admit that any good CAG has plus for cheap, but thats not really a shitty bundle imo.

For my XSX everyone got stuck paying $60 for gears who bought a bundle.

All im saying is that paying a little extra to confirm you get a console isnt the worst. You are also getting a game. Some gamestops let you return the unwanted stuff too. Its not like you are getting flat gouged like the folks on facebook marketplace and craigslist.

EDIT: I just looked at the GS bundle. Paying $100 for NBA 2K is almost criminal. I'd have a hard time here also.

Negative. This is now three generations where I've failed to land any launch console.
I missed out on 4 launches; I ended up getting the PS2 in 2001, the PS3 in 2007, the PS4 in 2014, and, by the looks of it, I won't get the PS5 until 2021.

Nope, the 3 oclock as soon as i refreshed it said check back at 6 then i was really pissed, then i refreshed again and it said add to cart which i did but when i went to check out nothing. such a trash.

Failed both times for different reasons. I was just a hair away at 3, but I haven't used my Walmart account in forever and the card they had expired. I think we all know what happened after I updated it.

My Target order got here about an hour ago and arrived in much better shape than the Amazon one. Target actually used bubble wrap to protect the box.

Well my work is done. My antonline bundle from September is on its way, and my back up Target order from September has also shipped and I've got a friend who will be getting that one. I had another friend who wanted a PS5 and he's not nearly as pathetic as I am and didn't know how to get one so I managed to snag a costco bundle for him today. Honestly I'll miss the thrill of the hunt since I always get wrapped up in these new tech releases, but also glad it's over. Good luck to everyone still looking.

Did Target put XSX's on the shelf yesterday? I saw someone said they did, and at this point I'm thinking I'll just check popfindr tonight before I go to bed and if they have a few I'll show up at 8 when they open and hope to get one. I wish Wal-Mart would do the buy online pick up local like they did with the XSX and at least give us a chance to beat the bots.

Did Target put XSX's on the shelf yesterday? I saw someone said they did, and at this point I'm thinking I'll just check popfindr tonight before I go to bed and if they have a few I'll show up at 8 when they open and hope to get one. I wish Wal-Mart would do the buy online pick up local like they did with the XSX and at least give us a chance to beat the bots.
I am curious also. Someone may have mentioned walmart had it the next day? Target was having a lot of issues and my main store locked me out very early and its stock has been holding steady, hasnt dropped at all. Maybe they are just holding them for tonight for all the workers to buy I wouldnt be surprised.

My Sony direct PS5 just got here. The day 1 update is only about 900MB, so not bad. AC Valhalla (PS5 version) doesn’t seem to have a day 1 patch either. It’s hard to fully appreciate just how big the machine is until it’s in your hands... it’s a behemoth!

The PS5 I ordered from Playstation Direct at 1AM this morning just shipped. It's being shipped expedited and FedEx already sent me the shipping notification that it should be delivered tomorrow. It's coming from Ellenwood, GA.

This has been such a shit show for me trying to get this PS5 at every corner. The pre order situation was garbage, target was garbage, Best Buy, and evening Sony Direct. Walmart was a joke.

I feel like I’m seriously just done with gaming. I don’t feel like waiting until Summer 2021 just for the chance to buy a system and I can’t be at a computer 24/7 either for one.

I’m seriously just ready to get rid of all this PlayStation garbage. Is the buy sell forum still active here? Have plenty of limited run and other niche physical PS4 releases I want to get rid of.

This has been such a shit show for me trying to get this PS5 at every corner. The pre order situation was garbage, target was garbage, Best Buy, and evening Sony Direct. Walmart was a joke.

I feel like I’m seriously just done with gaming. I don’t feel like waiting until Summer 2021 just for the chance to buy a system and I can’t be at a computer 24/7 either for one.

I’m seriously just ready to get rid of all this PlayStation garbage. Is the buy sell forum still active here? Have plenty of limited run and other niche physical PS4 releases I want to get rid of.

Dang this thing is a fucking beast! Pictures just don’t do it justice. Or maybe they do lol. Took up the entire space of the box, whereas the Series X box probably could’ve fit two of them in there. At 14-15 pounds, the PS5 is a hefty boi indeed!

Dude, you'll get one eventually. It's a bit of a knee jerk response to write off a hobby because of an annoying pre-order scenario and waiting a bit for a new console. Have you played all the PS4 games that you want to? Do you have any other consoles, handhelds, or a PC? You'll be fine waiting for a bit.

Dude, you'll get one eventually. It's a bit of a knee jerk response to write off a hobby because of an annoying pre-order scenario and waiting a bit for a new console. Have you played all the PS4 games that you want to? Do you have any other consoles, handhelds, or a PC? You'll be fine waiting for a bit.
I remember how hard it was to get a Wii when they first came out. I wanted one on release day, but didn't happen. For weeks after launch, I would head to the local ToysRUs, but their stock would run out. I probably didn't get one until three months after release. Yeah, it sucked to have to wait that long, but it will make that moment you hold it in your hands that much more incredible.

Remember the good ol' days when you could walk into a Toys R Us and preorder an N64 or PS2 months in advance? Obviously it was going to be different this year due to Covid, but launches have been bad for quite awhile now, like having to camp out for a Wii preorder.

Last edited:
Remember the good ol' days when you could walking into a Toys R Us and preorder and N64 or PS2 months in advance? Obviously it was going to be different this year due to Covid, but launches have been bad for quite awhile now, like having to camp out for a Wii preorder.
This year has definitely been particularly annoying for big launches. I've so far failed to get a PS5 and an RTX 3080. It's super annoying, but I have a lot, a loooooot, of other things to play, watch, do, etc. It's just really easy to get caught up in hype.

This year has definitely been particularly annoying for big launches. I've so far failed to get a PS5 and an RTX 3080. It's super annoying, but I have a lot, a loooooot, of other things to play, watch, do, etc. It's just really easy to get caught up in hype.
Agreed, at least there's a backlog to tackle. I think I've given up on finding a 3080 for now. Might wait and see the specs and price on the rumored Ti and might even wait until late next year for a new build.

I too want to get a PS5, but c'mon...they're going to make more. Demon Souls will be just as good (maybe better!) in a few months or whatever. 

My buddy that I've played every Souls game with won't be able to get a PS5 for quite a while, so I have to just ignore DS for a while lol. But I held off on playing a ton of PS4 games that I can now play at a stable 60 FPS, so I already have loads that I want to play on the PS5; they're just not actual PS5 games lol. 

I really underestimated how much bots would be a problem. I'm convinced that not a single human being has gotten any of the PS5s being sold by Walmart today.

At least with the in-store situations, as much as it sucked to have to wait in person for a while, you had to have a body there to get one. With the way things have been handled today, I'm sure there are going to be quite a few people with numerous consoles they plan to sell, and much fewer people who want to have just one who can't get one at all.

In the future, assuming we have another online-only situation like this, I'd really like to see the manufacturer handle all the distribution themselves. That way they could keep a closer eye on who's ordering multiple with the same address/same card number/etc. and actually limit those people to 1.

GS & BB ready for instore pick up tomorrow.

Tracking updates:

Target: Shipped ETA 18th :(

Walmart: No updates, preparing. (just like my series X, but came a day before launch)

Amazon: Shipped ETA tomorrow by 8PM.

Playstation Direct: Shipped on the 7th, already in my area. Can't be delivered till tomorrow by sender request.
Update:

Target: ETA 14th.

Walmart: Delivered 2nd

Amazon: Delivered 3rd

Playstation: Delivered 1st

Also my PS order came with some exclusive avatar DLC code and a thank you note. Astro world is amazing, and the dual sense is incredible.

It's ridiculous that people can make it all the way to "confirm order" and it gets removed from cart.
It's better than getting it confirmed only to be told later it was sold out.

From a technical point of view, managing this type of inventory system and the volume that comes at once is a nightmare, and they have to have tons of failsafes in place. That is why you see it fail at so many different steps along the way.

Again, having it fail PRIOR to you getting an order in is a MUCH better result than your order going through, only to be told later on that "oh hey we don't actually have one for you."

This whole situation is lose/lose for these companies.

Anyone else having an issue with Best Buy not shipping your preorder? I got an email a little after midnight that my ps5 shipped but it’s been about 14 hours later now and it still only shows that a shipping label was created =(

Got my Amazon, Sony direct delivered today and just picked up my Best Buy order. 

Best Buy driving me crazy. It's been "arriving today" for the past 16 hours and I dont even have tracking yet. Anyone else in a similar situation from them?

Anyone order PS5 games from GameStop.com and have them ship yet? Ordered one to utilize a $5 monthly cert and it has been preparing for shipment for like a week. Just curious if I need to call or what.

bread's done
Back