Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Need to post a quick rant. Checked popfindr this morning and my local target said they had 3, took a chance and went, there were 4 people in line so I would be 5th. Just hung out to see if maybe the inventory was wrong. Started talking to one guy about how all these scalpers keep buying them and it’s blush it, yada yada yada. So target employee comes out and says only 3 for the first people there. So I left, just over it at that point. Get home, dude I chatted with in line posted console to Facebook marketplace for $1050... douchebag.
Did you honestly not think he was going to do that? I knew exactly where that story was going.

Sure wish there were more in-person Target successes this morning before I hit the road here

Got a few Targets nearby, so I'll hit the one with the most supposed inventory (7) on Popfindr first and count that against any line, then move on if the count isn't favorable. Seeing upwards of 10 available at one store within a 30 minute drive, but quite a few others in the 3-7 range before that

Cross your fingers, gents -- for yourselves and fellow CAGs, even if you've already scored. May Target shed some early Goodwill upon us

Sure wish there were more in-person Target successes this morning before I hit the road here

Got a few Targets nearby, so I'll hit the one with the most supposed inventory (7) on Popfindr first and count that against any line, then move on if the count isn't favorable. Seeing upwards of 10 available at one store within a 30 minute drive, but quite a few others in the 3-7 range before that

Cross your fingers, gents -- for yourselves and fellow CAGs, even if you've already scored. May Target shed some early Goodwill upon us
Based on the comments sounds like some are out there but get there really early

So I called to ask for a refund for my overnight shipping cost because my games and controller bundle did not come yesterday. They told me the most backward shit I ever heard in my life... they can't refund me shipping costs until it's delivered. Because in the case of the item not being delivered - they can refund me everything at once. They asked me to call again next week. I am FUMING

Thank you.
Pre sign delivery is safe and reliable right ? I heard some bad drivers will.keep the package after presignjng.
Yeah, at least for me I’ve had 0 issues. We also set up to request packages be in back yard away from porch pirates.

One time my driver even admitted he delivered a Black Friday package to the wrong street (close street name in neighborhood and same #- so it’s easy to get it confused), when I asked and he was delivering another package to us. We both asked the people at that address for my package and they denied receiving it so he put a temp ban on them from UPS apparently for directly delivering. Ended up going to CC company and Target - since they couldn’t resend some items weeks later at non-black Friday prices.

I also usually have the same guy and give him a tip( thank you card and cash/gift card) at Christmas or around the end of year- so my results may be atypical...

does popfindr stock account for drive up pickup? it's 10:00 am here and my store is still reporting 2 while most are at 0 now. i'm considering driving over...

Tried 2 target in orange county, CA area that showed 6 or more stock and both had over 10 people in line so i left. Stopped by Walmart on my way home and was told stores are not going to sell any anytime soon (not sure how accurate thac is). Good luck to all going out to find one today. Looks like I'll be waiting a while to get one.

does popfindr stock account for drive up pickup? it's 10:00 am here and my store is still reporting 2 while most are at 0 now. i'm considering driving over...
Popfindr doesn't take into consideration already paid for orders, it might say 4 in stock but they could all be preorders not picked up yet. Or orders that have already been bought and just not left the store yet so it's still technically in their inventory system. That's pretty much the same everywhere.
I know when I worked at Gamestop and Best Buy back in the day our inventory only updated once a day, so we used to get people calling and saying "but your online system says you have 4 in stock" etc. it was a hassle to explain that we didn't have any to people who wouldn't listen. Pretty sure Inventory now updates automatically throughout the day but I haven't worked at either for quite a long time now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is my understanding correct about Primary consoles? You can have a Primary PS4 and a Primary PS5.

I want to setup my PS4 Pro with PS VR in a game/media room, which needs to be a Primary system to access my VR purchases.

Then have my PS5 in the living room, but I also want that to be a Primary system.

Is my understanding correct about Primary consoles? You can have a Primary PS4 and a Primary PS5.

I want to setup my PS4 Pro with PS VR in a game/media room, which needs to be a Primary system to access my VR purchases.

Then have my PS5 in the living room, but I also want that to be a Primary system.
From a video I saw in the CAG Sony thread it looks as if PS5 won't affect the PS4 primary status. They'll be separate

Target Report

Arrived just after 7am, to two people in line -- good odds

Minutes later, a social-distancing-nutjob of a manager came out and announced that, at 3am, they'd given out 7 vouchers to 7 people for the 7 systems they had in stock

Sounded a bit like bull (who at Target is handing out vouchers at 3am?), so I planted in for the next hour. The two folks in front of me were going to leave, but saw me stay, so they stayed as well. Only one of them was buying a system, so, again, good odds even if the story of the 7 was true (none of them were there)

Anyway, another manager came out later as a line upwards of 25 formed behind me, telling the same story -- chances weren't good

And as 8am approached, so did the voucher holders. All 7 of them. Not a myth after all

The only part of the manager's story that was BS was the time they handed out vouchers -- the first voucher-guy there didn't line up until 5am and he was given voucher #6

Will give Sony Direct a shot today

If only the Series X had anything 'new' to play ... Demon's Souls is calling hard. Perhaps it's time for another foray into Dark Souls Remastered, this time on the Series X, until that DS desire can be sated ...

Tuesday i went to gamestop to grab a series x... I watched the kid in front of me buy the last one... Today i went to target to get the ps5... I watched the kid in front of me buy the last one... Aaaahhhhh

Go to my local Target at 3am with a buddy to camp out. Popfindr said there was 5 in stock. Soon two guys show up n 1 ghetto dude shows up. He calls his homies “Yo come to the store Sean works at”. 2 more ghetto dudes show up. 7 of us in total and 5 systems. Gonna be interesting, might have to sprint to electronics now. Ghetto dudes randomly decide twoish hours later to go to the other entrance n start a line there (lame af). Other 2 dudes follow to see what’s going on, say they’ll get back to us. They never come back at all (lame af). So now there’s 5 of them at that entrance. Me n buddy get confused why would they leave the main entrance and go to the smaller one?? Makes no sense, thinking their employee buddy was gonna let them in first. So I walk over to ask what’s going on. New ghetto guy gets hostile and snaps at me for asking a question. I laugh saying wtf?? 🤷🏼‍♂️ and ask him why he’s mad at me for asking a simple question. He stops talking lol. Original ghetto dude that was in line with us is reasonable and just says they switched to just see what’ll happen. Their line starts getting real big. Truck full of ghettos shows up. Friend and I are only ones in our original line. 1.5 hours before open 3 ppl show up to our line. 30mins before and there’s 11-12. The 2nd entrance is also long af, much more than ours. Thankfully, the manager saw only the original line at 5am when he showed up for work and let the first 5 of us have the systems. Get my Ps5. The guys behind me were so insanely lucky. Imagine showing up to a target when there’s at least like 10+ ppl in front of you and landing a ps5. The guys who left tho. Fauk em for trying to finess the line, justice was served lol.

Go to my local Target at 3am with a buddy to camp out. Popfindr said there was 5 in stock. Soon two guys show up n 1 ghetto dude shows up. He calls his homies “Yo come to the store Sean works at”. 2 more ghetto dudes show up. 7 of us in total and 5 systems. Gonna be interesting, might have to sprint to electronics now. Ghetto dudes randomly decide twoish hours later to go to the other entrance n start a line there (lame af). Other 2 dudes follow to see what’s going on, say they’ll get back to us. They never come back at all (lame af). So now there’s 5 of them at that entrance. Me n buddy get confused why would they leave the main entrance and go to the smaller one?? Makes no sense, thinking their employee buddy was gonna let them in first. So I walk over to ask what’s going on. New ghetto guy gets hostile and snaps at me for asking a question. I laugh saying wtf?? 🤷🏼‍♂️ and ask him why he’s mad at me for asking a simple question. He stops talking lol. Original ghetto dude that was in line with us is reasonable and just says they switched to just see what’ll happen. Their line starts getting real big. Truck full of ghettos shows up. Friend and I are only ones in our original line. 1.5 hours before open 3 ppl show up to our line. 30mins before and there’s 11-12. The 2nd entrance is also long af, much more than ours. Thankfully, the manager saw only the original line at 5am when he showed up for work and let the first 5 of us have the systems. Get my Ps5. The guys behind me were so insanely lucky. Imagine showing up to a target when there’s at least like 10+ ppl in front of you and landing a ps5. The guys who left tho. Fauk em for trying to finess the line, justice was served lol.
Lol I love reading stories like this this is part of the reason why I'm on this message board.

As for my story today, I tried going to Target this morning and there were five people in front of me. The store ended up only having three systems for sale. What was scary for a minute there was that when the doors had opened up the line of about 20 people had rushed the front of electronics and some people were running. When we got to the electronic section there was an argument between a lady and a guy that had ran towards the electronics line. He didn't care about not being at the front of the line at the store's entrance. He didn't end up getting a system so it wasn't worth arguing about further. But it could have gotten very ugly. I told the lady I would back her up if the guy ended up getting a system and argue with the manager that the guy was not entitled to get it. But I told the supervisor that that specific Target needs to use a ticket system to avoid ugly confrontations because there will be more situations like this as the PS5 gets restocked in the future. I can't believe some targets haven't caught on to this process yet.

Still seeing a few systems around town but with stock of 1 or 2, I question whether it's worth the ride

Who am I kidding? There's a Target 6 minutes away...

You honestly go around referring to people as "ghetto dude"? Or "ghetto dudes" ??
That's sad....

Back ordered charging station at target delayed even more needs approval lol can’t cancel it. I’ll just let it get cancelled. What a joke. Got one from bestbuy instead
Yep, the order I had at BB got delayed by a day since they hadn't gotten their shipment yet. Order for pickup came through last night though, so Target fails again. The first being that they were the only retailer to miss launch day shipment of my PS5. That order is coming today however, so just a one day delay.

Yea

I still have it in my cart, so I just keep refreshing the cart every 5 minutes lol
Is there a trick to getting it in the cart now with it out of stock?

Also, I've saved an address, but I don't see any way to save a payment method. Any advice.

Want to have it all prefilled before they possibly come into stock.

Is there a trick to getting it in the cart now with it out of stock?

Also, I've saved an address, but I don't see any way to save a payment method. Any advice.

Want to have it all prefilled before they possibly come into stock.
I have had it in cart since yesterday, I dont see a way to add a card to the account

Me too, but the inventory is showing stuff still in stock. Will they open up online orders for in store pickup at some point or something to get rid of em? Or is popfindr just wrong?
Looks like they were right but for today. Was a mess but I managed to get the one I needed yesterday around 3pm from Walmart. Scriptbots just made this hell for everyone as bad as those who threatened those who bought one legitly to hand over

[quote name="njrod" post="14346410" timestamp="1605289555"]

Do you think that GameStop will have PS5s for sale this weekend in store?[/quote

Not likely unless one doesn't show up after 48hrs

My stupid target that screwed me over for in store pickup had 14 on popfindr. Drove by in the am and there were 30 people up front. From previous experience the targets that manage it well do tickets to make it safe. I have personally seen other managers openly encourage people to “run up to electronics” “show you want it”. And enjoy seeing the chaos. I would report your local target honestly if they did nothing during arguments and seemed like they facilitate it, because that is not how you manage things.

Any specific tool you guys are using to keep up on when SKUs go live? I refresh pages once in a while but there's no way I would have known to come to Amazon at 6pm. Is there a twitter account or something else that gives real-time info?

Any specific tool you guys are using to keep up on when SKUs go live? I refresh pages once in a while but there's no way I would have known to come to Amazon at 6pm. Is there a twitter account or something else that gives real-time info?
Wario64 on Twitter

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thank you.
Pre sign delivery is safe and reliable right ? I heard some bad drivers will.keep the package after presignjng.
Bad drivers who are going to keep the package would just forge your signature. I’d probably worry more about them leaving the box at the wrong house or porch pirates.

A friend of mine sold a PS5 at cost to a friend, who just had to have one. That friend sold it that afternoon for $900 on Craigslist.
When he was confronted by the nice friend about the resell and profit he replied: “When I paid you it became mine. I can do what I want.”
Scalp away people. No more sympathy here for the sucker who pays up.
This seems somewhat appropriate here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upIoTkxhyRU

Bad drivers who are going to keep the package would just forge your signature. I’d probably worry more about them leaving the box at the wrong house or porch pirates.
If anyone is worried about packages being swiped both Fed-Ex and UPS, if there are any nearby partners you can request a "Hold at location" It'll be delivered to whichever location you request and you can pick it up yourself safely and without worry of porch pirates! I have both a Fed-Ex and UPS Partner down the street from me, 2 minute drive tops to both!

If anyone is worried about packages being swiped both Fed-Ex and UPS, if there are any nearby partners you can request a "Hold at location" It'll be delivered to whichever location you request and you can pick it up yourself safely and without worry of porch pirates! I have both a Fed-Ex and UPS Partner down the street from me, 2 minute drive tops to both!
Yeah I have one coming via UPS tomorrow and I'm taking no chances. Requested a change to my closest UPS store as soon as the tracking updated yesterday.

Cvs for ups and walgreens for FedEx work very well and are open later than some other places they use. I got a FedEx at Walgreens at 930pm once. Ups redirect to cvs will delay 1 day usually for me. FedEx, if I get earlier enough, same day. Ymmv

GRRRRRRRR straigt to an hour queue FML - I have been refreshing every 2 minutes all day. Refresh again and throws me an an hour line

Yeah just contemplating if I should get the premium for a year or just pay the $6.
YMMV really varies with UPS Premium. Used it in LA and was a waste of money. Perhaps on an ad hoc basis it'd be okay, but will never use their hold or delivery services again

bread's done
Back