Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Wouldn't let me past the Captcha. I had the add to cart but every time I added it kept on having to click pictures.

Non botter but understand bots (I like sneakers, clothes, and other "limited item" things) you guys have a seriously small chance going for a PS5 on a site like Walmart with announced times. My suggestion would be to look for a random restock. Botters are going to crash these announced restocks every single time. Bot programs can set 10's of tasks all jamming the site at once, now imagine 1000 botters doing that, now imagine 10,000....

FWIW I took an L on an Xbox Series X just now so I understand your pain. 

Made it to Place Order this time.  Apparently the Bots are better at clicking the "I am not a robot" button than I am.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the walmart app for Xbox Series X and Playstation 5, and none showed up in the search field. Just various video games. Also tried typing console after the names.

Walmart came through, finally

NO CAPTCHA, though

Was so adamant about hitting that refresh button, took a second to register that the previous refresh had an Add to Cart button

Thankfully, all my info was pre-populated, so ... won't be here until "by December 1," but FINALLY done with this PS5 business

Good luck everyone still on the hunt

For the Sony Direct Queue, if you haven't already, download an extension called Auto Refresh Plus (or something similar) for Chrome or Vivaldi

You can set the time in intervals, from 1 second to however long

Make sure you are already logged in

Once the queue opens, the page will shift from the console information page. At this point, you need to do two things:

1. Stop the auto refresh

2. Confirm you're a human via photo captcha

Now you're in the queue

You need to catch the page shift, that's the only "problem" -- so if you're at the computer already, have it in a side window or second screen

Not sure if there's a way for an audio cue if you're AFK .. somehow doubt it, though

Again, good luck y'all

Announcing the drop time for anything that's not a limited sneaker or an art print is the dumbest thing these webstores can do. 

Why the h did walmart make me enter all my info again even though I have an account with all that saved? Had it in cart but went out of stock during checkout

Why the h did walmart make me enter all my info again even though I have an account with all that saved? Had it in cart but went out of stock during checkout
Same thing here and there was also the "we cannot verify you address" popup that took more time, couple that with the capcha that wouldn't go away after I clicked the box and we have a recipe for "Out of Stock"

Tried both app and pc. got up to delivery and pick up options then oh deer screen. rinse and repeat til no longer available

Got to confirming address for shipping but still failed...

I wish the rumor had been true that it was going to be instore pick up. Might have had a better shot just competing with local buyers.

Announcing the drop time for anything that's not a limited sneaker or art print is the dumbest thing these stores can do.
Mondo does it best with random start times. They always say starts at a random time on X day, but anyone who ISN'T a rando lurker knows that the time frame is always a 2 hour window from 11-1PM CST. If companies treated this like camping out for a hot item, more people that actually put in the effort to try would succeed. But they don't care, it's a guaranteed sale to them so why bother being consumer-friendly?

Last resort:

Two consoles per store at GameStop on BF. Most open at 7am local time.

Plan to camp early.

Map out the local stores.

Go to one. If it's already camped by 2 people, go to the next one on your list.

Repeat until you're in the top 2.

Unknown whether these are being bundled, though.

Mondo does it best with random start times. They always say starts at a random time on X day, but anyone who ISN'T a rando lurker knows that the time frame is always a 2 hour window from 11-1PM CST. If companies treated this like camping out for a hot item, more people that actually put in the effort to try would succeed. But they don't care, it's a guaranteed sale to them so why bother being consumer-friendly?
The bots pay just as much as the real people, so they don't care one bit who gets them.

Mine is still there, hasn't been cancelled. Did they cancel yours because you got two? Were both at Walmart? Mine has a delivery date in early december. I hope it holds up.

fuck Walmart.  No evidence of any kind of CAPTCHA or crowd control.  In checkout they didn't remember my address or my CC and finally got stuck in a loop where they kept reprompting me for the CSC due to an unspecified error.  You'd think after a week of this they could have delivered something to manage a queue and keep the bots out.

fuck Walmart. No evidence of any kind of CAPTCHA or crowd control. In checkout they didn't remember my address or my CC and finally got stuck in a loop where they kept reprompting me for the CSC due to an unspecified error. You'd think after a week of this they could have delivered something to manage a queue and keep the bots out.
Sounds about right. Have you ever been to a Walmart??

The bots pay just as much as the real people, so they don't care one bit who gets them.
Incidentally, would everyone rather keep trying to get one at MSRP, buy from a reseller, or allow Sony, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc, to sell them for the prices supply and demand would naturally dictate?

MSRP on this baby could be $800 .. would it sell out, you think?

Has bestbuy had systems to sell since preorder day? I haven’t noticed any.

If not, they may be amassing a large quantity of systems for next week. That could be something.

Incidentally, would everyone rather keep trying to get one at MSRP, buy from a reseller, or allow Sony, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc, to sell them for the prices supply and demand would naturally dictate?

MSRP on this baby could be $800 .. would it sell out, you think?
If MSRP was $800? Abso-freakin'-lutely these things would sell out, and they'd be reselling for $1600. I'm glad they're kept at $500 MSRP honestly.

My sister finally woke up from the rock she was sleeping under and asked me last week if I though PS5 would be on sale for Black Friday because her son was asking for one. She finally realized how hard it's been to try and get one and has basically been pulling a Jingle All the Way in her attempts to get one now at the last minute. But she was telling me about how her boyfriend has a friend who knows a manager at Best Buy, and was trying to get him to buy 10 PS5's with his employee discount, all so that this guy could sell them for a profit.

Is that even legal?

My sister finally woke up from the rock she was sleeping under and asked me last week if I though PS5 would be on sale for Black Friday because her son was asking for one. She finally realized how hard it's been to try and get one and has basically been pulling a Jingle All the Way in her attempts to get one now at the last minute. But she was telling me about how her boyfriend has a friend who knows a manager at Best Buy, and was trying to get him to buy 10 PS5's with his employee discount, all so that this guy could sell them for a profit.

Is that even legal?
I’m pretty sure that would get that manager fired...why would you sell a hot item at that volume with a discount...it’s bad for the stores profitability and manager exists to make sure stores are profitable.

I was literally just there setting up auto refresh. WTF
I'm using Page Monitor with a 10 second refresh and it alerted me to the queue and I clicked into it, so maybe 5 seconds after it alerted me and I'm still at over an hour. Looking at the trends, once to queue starts it takes about 30 minutes for them to pop up and then 5 minutes for them to sell out. I highly doubt that I'll be able to get one if the trends continue. I don't understand how I'm already back further in line since I clicked maybe 25 seconds at most after the queue started. I've got a page monitor for both the queue and the shop playstation page, got a 10 second refresh with an alert to go through my desktop.

Has bestbuy had systems to sell since preorder day? I haven’t noticed any.

If not, they may be amassing a large quantity of systems for next week. That could be something.
They've had a couple Open Boxes pop up for both versions (why in hell anyone would return vs. resell is a mystery)

Got 'em all in cart but never beyond, so .. that's 'something,' I suppose

Nicelyb done, my wait is still more than an hour :(
While you're on the queue, add Page Monitor to your Chrome if that's what you're using. After that, click on the page monitor and click monitor this page. After that, go into the options while still on the queue page and it'll take you to another tab. From there, click advanced under queue and set the check interval to 5 seconds. Once you do that, go down to the Dekstop notification and enable sound alert to chime and check interval to 10 seconds. Turn your computer on and leave it on and have your sound ready and it will check even when the tab is closed. That's the exact way I did it and once you hear the chime, click on the monitor on the bar and click the queue and it'll take you to the queue and you should be one of the first to get there.

So I got one from Walmart today using the app in a Jewel (grocery store) with very little problems. The last time I tried at home with a browser, it went horribly. Use the app

Got one on PS direct. It was frankly pure luck. Went to the PS5 page maybe 30 seconds before Wario tweeted and was already in the queue. As much as PS direct can be a pain, you have more luck there (IMO) than with the crappy GS bundle or with the Walmart debacles.

Keep on believing!

Man I’m just never going to be able to get one at this rate. The Sony Direct stuff reeks like a waste of time when it’s random.

bread's done
Back