Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

So I have an Amazon pre-order that I placed on 9/16 that has been showing as arriving 11/23-11/26 for quite a while now. My credit card has had a pending charge since Monday but I have had no movement or anything shipped. Anyone else seeing something similar with their Amazon orders?

My sister finally woke up from the rock she was sleeping under and asked me last week if I though PS5 would be on sale for Black Friday because her son was asking for one. She finally realized how hard it's been to try and get one and has basically been pulling a Jingle All the Way in her attempts to get one now at the last minute.
I totally see this happening next week. Right now it's been just gamers and scalpers chasing next gen consoles. PS5s aren't even on mom and dad's radar yet. Come black friday the parents are gonna start hunting and I think that's when it starts to get crazy. Yes there will be units available next week but of course not enough to supply all the gamers trying to get theirs still and the parents just starting to try to find one, especially with the bots already so well poised to snatch them up.

Just gonna get worse from here on. Keep the faith and good luck to those still hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the h did walmart make me enter all my info again even though I have an account with all that saved? Had it in cart but went out of stock during checkout
I feel your pain, same exact thing happened to me today. I got past shipment, payment, review order, and lost at the final place order step. Maybe would’ve got one if I didn’t have to enter my name and address that’s already saved to my account.

just saw 1 used 1 pop up on amazon. stared at it for a minute before checking out the condition details. it was for $437. As soon as I decided what the hell it was gone lol

I tried the Walmart 3pm sale, At 3:00, I added the PS5 to my cart. It ask me for my address again for some reason so I did that, got through the payment section at 3:01. It started loading and I got the "Oh Deer" screen. I kept trying to go back in, it kept bringing me into my "Place Order" section and kept loading and nothing. Eventually at 3:10 it told me it was sold out. So I actually tried getting the Xbox One X at that moment, it said there was 3 available, again, got to the "Place Order" section to finalize the transaction and same thing. Complete BS. I'm sick of all these failed attempts when I'm getting there on time. I used the app this time around too. 

Got one on PS direct. It was frankly pure luck. Went to the PS5 page maybe 30 seconds before Wario tweeted and was already in the queue. As much as PS direct can be a pain, you have more luck there (IMO) than with the crappy GS bundle or with the Walmart debacles.

Keep on believing!
congrats!

Walmart’s a joke don’t even try there lol. Anyone know how to get PlayStation direct to save my payment method without buying anything first?

Just got a shipping notice for the PS5 I was lucky to get during that Walmart all day fiasco on Nov12. I was able to get an order on the final attempt at 6pm. Whew. 😅

I still have not been able to get one. But to tell the truth, there isn't a game on it right now that I really want to play. I think I am just trying to get one because of the hype. I still want it regardless. I probably would not open it right away though as there is no reason until a game is released I really want for it.

I still have not been able to get one. But to tell the truth, there isn't a game on it right now that I really want to play. I think I am just trying to get one because of the hype. I still want it regardless. I probably would not open it right away though as there is no reason until a game is released I really want for it.
The hype is 100% real. The Dual Sense is easily the greatest gamepad I've ever used in my entire life.

Same here. Spiderman, Sackboy, Demon's Souls, they all look great but I'm probably not going to pay $60-70 for any game so I can wait on the new titles to drop to $20-40 range.

But I'm still desperate to get a PS5 to play my PS4 games at a much higher FPS/resolution. I know it shouldn't be bothering me at this point since I've been playing a lot of them at 30 FPS for years, but after seeing those smooth gameplays on the PS5 I just can't stop feeling that I'm playing an inferior version since a better option is now available on the PS5.

I don't think the controller is amazing for sure. A bit bulky and d-pad doesn't feel amazing. It's all hype for sure. I am not a fan of the sticks feel either, which feel a little looser than I'm used to. Just wait unless you really like the launch games, want to play PS4 games on the PS5 running better especially if you had a launch PS4 (this pertains to me), or want a big old monster console that still has some bugs and isn't 100% delivering on features. I also feel it's not the prettiest looking console either, but that's minor for sure.

yes, the new PS5 controller is so GOOD. Can't wait to buy non-white version. 

It makes the new xbox controller a joke.  why didn't MS upgrade it??

It makes the new xbox controller a joke. why didn't MS upgrade it??
The Xbox controller has a much better D-Pad and is more solid all around that the X1 controller. It IS upgraded.

And always preferred it to the PlayStation controllers anyway TBH.

Maybe because they want you to buy the Elite controller which costs like 3 times as much lol

The shape of the Xbox controller feels nice, but I hate the non-symmetrical analog sticks. That being said the Elite controller does feel much better than the regular version (probably not 3x as good though...) in terms of material and build quality, and I love the paddles on the back which makes it so much easier for doing drop shots in FPS multiplayer games.

Did anybody else get an email for PlayStation Plus today? I had it canceled after 3 years in 2022 but it looks like they reactivated today

Dualsense is the best controller yet. Built in mic, haptic feedback, those triggers are damn nice for shooting games. I like innovation. Plus if you’ve had the OG PS4 the whole time like me, you’d appreciate finally getting on 4K with the ps5. Playing cod in 120hz is also a great experience. Plus you can play all your PS4 games on it so I don’t understand people who can get it but say I don’t want it. I don’t even want to go back to ps4 anymore. Loading times, crappy resolution, frame rate. I’ll be playing my backlog like horizon which looks gorgeous on ps5

One word: xCloud. They know the future of games is streaming and there's no reason to add any bells and whistles that won't be on every Bluetooth controller.

Some people that got in on Walmart yesterday already reporting getting shipment notifications. I got mine so my watch has finally ended. Xbox controller is far better than the DualShock, especially the elite. A lot of people are hyping the dual sense because of the new stuff. Will have to see how it feels long term, I am hoping it’s on par or better than the Xbox controller.

Coming from an Astro C40 TR with custom Battle Beaver sticks, the DualSense exceeds it in a number of areas but falls short in some others. The biggest issues I have with the DS is the lack of rear buttons and the loose sticks. The Astro has two buttons on the bottom that I mapped to L3 & R3 because it starts to bother my thumbs having to press the sticks down, especially in games like Assassins Creed where L3 is run and R3 is scan. The tension on the Battle Beaver sticks are 110 grams on the left and 160 g on the right and worked quite well with the taller sticks for games like Borderlands 3. The sticks are a personal preference and something I am just going to have to live with but I really wished they would have added buttons or at least sold an attachments like the OEM Dualshock 4.

One word: xCloud. They know the future of games is streaming and there's no reason to add any bells and whistles that won't be on every Bluetooth controller.
This right here. Instead of taking the Apple/Sony approach of telling the customer what they want, MS have kept it simple and will probably add optional buys down the line if people want it. I can definitely see an upgraded elite controller with all these adaptive triggers and unnecessary haptics once people have time to give feedback.

I've had much more time to use the PS5 controller with Demon's Souls now and the speaker usage + haptics is still jarring at times; not a fan. I did figure out where they used the adaptive triggers in the game: with bows, and honestly there's been a few times where it was 'pushing back' and made the trigger feel absolutely uncomfortable. Felt kinda like walking up the stairs in the dark and having a step come up faster than you were expecting. I haven't played around with settings yet but I'm wondering now if I can turn that shit off.

Is it a terrible controller? No. Do I wish I could just use my PS4 colored controllers for PS5 games? Absolutely. At the end of the day it's just growing pains of the new system, albeit totally could have been avoided.

I feel like the DualSense is too wide and makes it difficult to press the touchpad for games like Tsushima. The bottom of my hands also seem to rest where the controller squares out, which is uncomfortable (whereas the DS4 is rounded).

Still giving it a chance, but I find the Series X controller much more comfortable.

So apparently my bank decided to flag my PS Direct order yesterday as fraudulent and put a hold on my bank account, which I found out after my card was declined three times, which might lead to me losing my PS5. I called the bank today and told them to lift the hold and they said they did, but said no guarantees. I am so fucking angry right now, to the point where I will be taking my money out of the bank and telling them to go and fuck themselves next week when they open. I opened a Sony support chat and told them what happened and they said that I should be alright as they charge when shipped, but I'm still worried about it and will be until I get either the cancellation notice or shipped notice. 

So apparently my bank decided to flag my PS Direct order yesterday as fraudulent and put a hold on my bank account, which I found out after my card was declined three times, which might lead to me losing my PS5. I called the bank today and told them to lift the hold and they said they did, but said no guarantees. I am so fucking angry right now, to the point where I will be taking my money out of the bank and telling them to go and fuck themselves next week when they open. I opened a Sony support chat and told them what happened and they said that I should be alright as they charge when shipped, but I'm still worried about it and will be until I get either the cancellation notice or shipped notice.
Had this happen with me on Saturday. My bank not only declined the transaction but put a hold on my account. I have to wait for a letter to get them to unlock it. What is up with Sony flagging peoples cards.

Is it a terrible controller? No. Do I wish I could just use my PS4 colored controllers for PS5 games? Absolutely. At the end of the day it's just growing pains of the new system, albeit totally could have been avoided.
PS4 controllers not working on the PS5 still leaves me salty

Had this happen with me on Saturday. My bank not only declined the transaction but put a hold on my account. I have to wait for a letter to get them to unlock it. What is up with Sony flagging peoples cards.
Same, except I was able to prove who I was on the phone and they lifted the hold on my account. It wasn't Sony for me, it was my bank and they said that around this time of year they pretty much place holds on everything above a certain amount and flag them as fraudulent. It's kind of good in one way, but in the other it's incredibly maddening to have to worry about whether something you purchase is going to result in your card being declined.

Same, except I was able to prove who I was on the phone and they lifted the hold on my account. It wasn't Sony for me, it was my bank and they said that around this time of year they pretty much place holds on everything above a certain amount and flag them as fraudulent. It's kind of good in one way, but in the other it's incredibly maddening to have to worry about whether something you purchase is going to result in your card being declined.
Synchrony Bank? For whatever reason, I couldn't get a clear enough shot of the barcode on the back of my license so I failed. Sucks that it cost us a PS5.

Only thing my bank messed up on is telling me my expiration date was incorrect. Not cvc code but EXPIRATION date. How can I possible changed that on my saved payment method. I feel like I lost a target ps5 cuz of that

Just got an email from Costco to the effect of "yes, don't worry, your order is still shipping out on the 23rd." Must be a loooot of people emailing them thinking paying extra for 2 day shipping meant it'd be packed and shipped before the 23rd.

Just got an email from Costco to the effect of "yes, don't worry, your order is still shipping out on the 23rd." Must be a loooot of people emailing them thinking paying extra for 2 day shipping meant it'd be packed and shipped before the 23rd.
Got the same email...

Synchrony Bank? For whatever reason, I couldn't get a clear enough shot of the barcode on the back of my license so I failed. Sucks that it cost us a PS5.
Nah, a local credit union where I live. I've never really had a problem with them before, save for the time I tried to order something from Japan and had to go through PayPal to do it. Luckily, I got the shipping notice so it didn't cost me one.

I feel like the DualSense is too wide and makes it difficult to press the touchpad for games like Tsushima. The bottom of my hands also seem to rest where the controller squares out, which is uncomfortable (whereas the DS4 is rounded).

Still giving it a chance, but I find the Series X controller much more comfortable.
as someone that hated every version of the playstation controller since the 90's, I am loving the DualSense controller.

bread's done
Back